Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Club gigs USA fall 2016
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:14

Jumpin' Jack Flash: [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:27

lem motlow
duke richardson
why is it a disgrace?

jesus fckng christ,look at that picture of jagger and look at that crowd.and your asking why is it a disgrace?

the stones have turned into a pathetic joke,playing as the entertainment for a convention in vegas is about the lowest form of washed up you can get.they get bands like journey and hughy lewis and the news to do these things.these ladies my wife knows were going to the realtors convention and were happy to see kansas [or boston, is there a difference?] play for the realtors.it's that kind of vibe,where you know that the music you once loved has turned into the worst form of parody,a shell of itself with no power,no integrity,no gravitas no meaning,no feeling just something to keep tourists busy between trips to the buffet and the gambling tables.

so this is how it ends-with the stones acting as the entertainment for a convention in vegas.and no,putting out a blues album that will be about one third as good as an average joe bonamassa or buddy guy record doesn't bring the credibility back.once you've been reduced to playing your hits at a convention,you're a joke..and not a funny one.

Um.

There's a lot of history in this band, which separates it from almost all others. That gig last night was a way for them to warm up some, like they've done many times. A dress rehearsal. I'm sure you know that. If the audience bothers you it's not on the Stones, they're just doing what they do. ( and getting massively paid for it )..
Then there's the Vegas aspect. Would you feel different if the gig had been in New York? I doubt it.

They surely were planning on doing their best, the Rolling Stones are a dominant act in show business. That's what they do, why begrudge them ...

I'm sure everyone who got to go to that show was happy to be there. Nothing disgraceful in that.

Date: October 4, 2016 22:27

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:37

Well it would be far worse if they would have played a 22 song set list filled
With rarely played tunes at this private show. Then played a 18 song setlist
with the standard warhorses in Vegas and DT. In other words let's hope they just
didn't want to give up any surprises until they hit the Desert Stage on Friday.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:43

(Just catching up here...)

Yay, Matty! Thanks for sharing too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:46

paulywaul
entirely corporate audience

Not entirely ... Matt was there smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:48

duke richardson
I'm sure everyone who got to go to that show was happy to be there. Nothing disgraceful in that.

I sure wish I could have been there

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:56

Cristiano Radtke
Short clip of Satisfaction:

[www.instagram.com]

including the back of my head :-)

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:58

Rolling Hansie
duke richardson

I sure wish I could have been there

Me too, if only to compare it to the other 35 shows I've seen from 1982 (Rotterdam) 'till 2014 (Berlin).

Re: The Rolling Stones gig at the Bellagio Las Vegas Oct 3
Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:04

I'm just glad they still do what they do. But I bet they have rehearsed some blues stuff and maybe a few rarities like Mixed Emotions. Not even a single has come out yet, so why should they play something from the blues album? And they usually play warhorses at privat gigs. Nothing to worry about.

And Matt, hope you enjoyed it! I sent you an email a few weeks ago, maybe it landed in your spam folder...cheers.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:06

Change of pace from the Vegas show last night. I was looking at possible Boston locations for the rumored small/private/corporate show. I'm not sure where the Oct. 25th date came from (but that's what I have seen as potential). A quick run down of places in Boston that could potentially host such an event, narrows things down quite a bit. Elvis Costello plays the Orpheum (where the Stones did play on the 40 Licks tour) that night. The Wang Center (4,000 plus) has a play opening that night. The Wilbur Theater and the House of Blues (which maybe made the most sense) both have shows booked. Which really only sort of leaves The Paradise (small - maybe 1,000) and across the street from the Wang is a place called Royale which is open. I live in Boston and got my ear to the ground...but not going to get my hopes up too high.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:11

Cristiano Radtke
Miss You (snippet):

[twitter.com]

Pretty good reaction from the crowd.

Edit: Thank you Mr. Radtke for all the pictures and videos! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-04 23:12 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:15

Gaetzi
DeanGoodman
HonkeyTonkFlash
It was inevitable that we'd see the day of a bunch of old people sitting down politely at a Rolling Stones concert. After all, look how old the Stones are. Let's just be glad they're still playing.

Pretty much describes North American crowds for the last few decades, not to mention Shanghai, Hong Kong, Australia ...

I was at the Clapton 'Derek and the Dominos' show w Derek Trucks at the Pepsi Center in Denver 5-6 years ago and had some guy tell me in no certain terms "I didn't pay $250 so my wife and I could sit here and watch you and your friends dance. Sit down" Guy was just a total dick. But we didn't want to be the bigger @#$%& so we sat down until everyone stood up for Layla.

/quote]

Come on, there's a-holes at concerts that stand for EVERY song. It's nice to sit the f' down and actually listen to Angie.

Date: October 4, 2016 23:18

mattleeuk
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

And your hand up in the air too! You look very excited which is very understadable. I'd be that way too if I were at this concert, especially on my birthday. smileys with beer

Re: The Rolling Stones gig at the Bellagio Las Vegas Oct 3 reports
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:20

They're sounding good smoking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:27

Cristiano Radtke
Jumpin' Jack Flash: [www.instagram.com]

Have I mentioned I like Mick Jagger?
NICE.
Thanks for posting!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 4, 2016 23:45

Nice warm up gig for the band. No one scoped it seems ...

Date: October 4, 2016 23:53

waterrats

There was a sign at the entrance (I think) warning for those who were there to not take photos or filming the concert, which might explain the short videos we've got so far.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:15

Cristiano Radtke
waterrats

There was a sign at the entrance (I think) warning for those who were there to not take photos or filming the concert, which might explain the short videos we've got so far.

Awww, sheet, how disgusting!
Hope conditions are better on Friday!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:17

georgemcdonnell314
To quote Pauly "I'm begging them, please don't come up with a repeat of this for the desert shows, let alone the two indoor Vegas shows ..... the prospect of reading show reviews with similar such setlists has already got me depressed just thinking about it !! "

I am in complete agreement geez just give us something different.

In 1989 when I saw them in Atlantic City Mick said "we need new songs we can't just keep recycling the old ones"

Ummmmm ok...............still waiting!

I don't know why anyone would think they would do anything different for the four shows on this mini tour, different from what they have been doing for the past decade. We can all make a list of songs they will play,add probably one or two semi-rarities, my guess is the rarities will be numbers from the forthcoming album, but they will do the same set they always do.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:27

mattleeuk
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Nice top! When did you go blond? winking smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:43

People need to realize that probably somewhere around %99.999 percent of the people who are at these gigs are CASUAL FANS, or not even big fans at all. They recognize songs like SMU, and JJF. If the band had busted out Fingerprint File, Stray Cat Blue, or any other deep album track, they (and the mainstream media) would have reported "Stones played a bunch of never-before-heard material in Vegas last night".

Get a clue all you setlist whiners. The Stones are massively famous because of those warhorse songs. They aren't playing for the few hundred people who log in here, they play for the millions of mainstream fans around the world who do like stuff like KansasBostonJourney.

It ain't about you. Dig?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:48

At least we got Mixed Emotions. Last played at Wembley Stadium on the Urban Jungle Tour (1990) according to Setlist.fm. Definitely not a warhorse!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:51

They are acknowledging that their best days, in terms of writing catchy hits, are long gone and so they stick to the crowd pleasers. I saw how disappointed Mick was when he played stuff from Bigger Bang at MSG and (some) people just stared. Mick's Top 10 on David Letterman included "No one wants to hear anything from your latest album." That said, some relatively deep cuts would be much appreciated. I personally like Mixed Emotions and am curious how it sounded here.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:53

roller99
If the band had busted out Fingerprint File, Stray Cat Blue, or any other deep album track, they (and the mainstream media) would have reported "Stones played a bunch of never-before-heard material in Vegas last night".

It would be very naive to actually believe in what you're saying. If the Stones would bust out rare tracks the media would more of respond like ''The Stones are more musically relevant than in a long time''. It's not like they're are doomed to be a greatest hits act for the rest of their lives. I actually believe there would be more hype built around their concerts if the played more rare songs.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:54

This place kills me sometimes. People who weren't there, didn't hear it, are bitching about this show. Blah blah blah setlist, blah blah blah corporate gig.

I know you complainers are hard core fans, more so than most, but just the same, you're also elitist little creeps who could suck the fun out of the best sex in the world. Get over yourselves. The Rolling Stones answer only to themselves. Period. Moreover, they seem quite happy and content. Deal with it.

Posted by: mymick ()
Date: October 5, 2016 00:54

Are they staying in Vegas until DT do you think?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 5, 2016 01:17

DEmerson
Change of pace from the Vegas show last night. I was looking at possible Boston locations for the rumored small/private/corporate show. I'm not sure where the Oct. 25th date came from (but that's what I have seen as potential). A quick run down of places in Boston that could potentially host such an event, narrows things down quite a bit. Elvis Costello plays the Orpheum (where the Stones did play on the 40 Licks tour) that night. The Wang Center (4,000 plus) has a play opening that night. The Wilbur Theater and the House of Blues (which maybe made the most sense) both have shows booked. Which really only sort of leaves The Paradise (small - maybe 1,000) and across the street from the Wang is a place called Royale which is open. I live in Boston and got my ear to the ground...but not going to get my hopes up too high.

I've been meaning to do this. Royale seems like a probable venue. But it might be helpful to check what's booked in the convention centers too. The Vegas show was done at a very non-traditional venue.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: October 5, 2016 01:50

I have "mixed emotions" about that, roller99....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 5, 2016 01:53

jimpietryga1
I have "mixed emotions" about that, roller99....

"You're not the only one..." winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home