Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2017 21:01

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Green Bay... I'm thinking they'll win. They've really come on. Dallas is good but they're not that good, against teams with winning records.

Atlanta - Seattle: no idea. Atlanta has been solid this season, Seattle a bit wonky. But the playoffs... who knows. They looked good against Detroit but then that's not saying a whole lot now is it.
The Cowboys are my most hated NFL team.

Part of me wants the Cowboys to make it to the Super Bowl and see New England stomp them out...but then, of course, there's ZERO guarantee the Pats can do that, so I'd rather Green Bay dispatch them to prevent even a chance of them winning it all.

Having said that, the Cowboys are legitimately great this year...they're by far more balanced than GB, so with Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind right now, it's going to be the entirety of the Cowboys vs. Aaron Rodgers.

I'm expecting a great game.

Not sure the Steelers can beat up Kansas City...again, great offense but bad defense. KC has a more than legitimate shot to make to the AFC Championship.

Seattle vs Atlanta? No idea what to expect there.

Ha ha ha ha! I absolutely despise Atlanta, Dallas and San Francisco. I can't stand Seattle and Washington. I think Cleveland and Jacksonville should be permanently deleted. They're both beyond pointless.

I bet Dallas plays a good game but loses. Because they can't beat good teams.

Date: January 9, 2017 23:38

umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life
umakmehrd
Seattle has the Defence to do some damage, and Russell Wilson has been on fire the last 2 games - peakin at the right time !!

Anyone going to CenturyLink on Sat? Sure wish I was !

you must be hitting the sauce early. seattle has looked pathetic the last 2 weeks barely beating the 49ers and losing to the cardinals.

Keef just got off the sauce - great weekend!
You have to remember Seattle has been to the big game twice in the last 3 years they know what it takes... That being said if they can get past the Falcons I think they will be going for the 3rd time in 4 years...
Falcon's will be very tough to beat at home,lets just hope we can get consistent pressure on Matty Ice...

Go Hawks!

everyone said detroit was probably going to blow it. it was no shock at all. i figured oakland was the only road team that might win this past weekend

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 10, 2017 04:51

Don't forget that Tom Brady's success is inextricable. Do not forget that. Brady will win. He's the ultimate-mystic QB of ALL Time. There' no or something about it. Brady will continue to work his magic.

Seahawks 35
vs.
Falcons 17

Texans 23
vs.
Patriots 42

Steelers 18
vs.
Chiefs 35

Packers 23
vs.
Cowboys 38

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 10, 2017 10:43

The Hawks pass rush is ferocious & hopefully they will splat them some Matt Ryan.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 10, 2017 15:50

I dunno, something tells me it will be Green Bay and Dallas in the NFC Championship game (actually I'd love to see that match up again!).

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 10, 2017 15:54

nightskyman
I dunno, something tells me it will be Green Bay and Dallas in the NFC Championship game (actually I'd love to see that match up again!).
Can't happen. They're playing each other this weekend.

Only ONE of those teams will be in the NFC Championship game.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 10, 2017 15:55

nightskyman

You better tune in THIS week (4pm EST Sunday) if you want to see that matchup... Maybe next year they can play in the NFC championship but this year, it will take place in the divisional round.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edit: Dang... keithriff99 is FAST!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-10 15:55 by mr_dja.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 11, 2017 20:58

keefriffhard4life
umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life
umakmehrd
Seattle has the Defence to do some damage, and Russell Wilson has been on fire the last 2 games - peakin at the right time !!

you must be hitting the sauce early. seattle has looked pathetic the last 2 weeks barely beating the 49ers and losing to the cardinals.

You have to remember Seattle has been to the big game twice in the last 3 years they know what it takes... That being said if they can get past the Falcons I think they will be going for the 3rd time in 4 years...
Falcon's will be very tough to beat at home,lets just hope we can get consistent pressure on Matty Ice...

Go Hawks!

everyone said detroit was probably going to blow it. it was no shock at all. i figured oakland was the only road team that might win this past weekend

"seattle has looked pathetic"..... So must have been a bit of a shock

Date: January 12, 2017 07:01

umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life
umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life
umakmehrd

Go Hawks!

"seattle has looked pathetic"..... So must have been a bit of a shock

I predicted seattle winning on the previous page when I said Oakland was the only away team that had a chance at winning this past weekend. Detroit was falling into the playoffs

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 12, 2017 14:34

Packers please destroy the Cowpokesthumbs up

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 12, 2017 16:43

TheGreek
Packers please destroy the Cowpokesthumbs up

I don't even care about "destruction". I'd be just as happy with a last second field goal as I would be with a total blowout/destruction. Just so long as it's a Packers win and a Cowboys loss. Go Packers!

Go Steelers!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 12, 2017 23:34

Hawks win followed by a Packer win on Sunday would be euphoric !
Just like the Stones coming to BC Place in 2017
Not very good odds....

Date: January 13, 2017 11:09

umakmehrd
Hawks win followed by a Packer win on Sunday would be euphoric !
Just like the Stones coming to BC Place in 2017
Not very good odds....

nfc championship in seattle would be a fine thing!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 13, 2017 18:10

I'm getting a bad feeling that Matty Lice is going to have a really good game and Craplanta will win.

Green Bay will beat Dallas.

Pittsburgh will handle KC just fine.

New England... of course.

Date: January 14, 2017 09:10

GasLightStreet
I'm getting a bad feeling that Matty Lice is going to have a really good game and Craplanta will win.

Seahawks usually play well when underdogs. The chip on the shoulder effect. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 15, 2017 03:24

bump.

Date: January 15, 2017 03:49

where is the person saying seattle was peaking at the right time?

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: January 15, 2017 04:04

GasLightStreet

You're basically wrong week to week on Dallas, at least you're consistent. The only team that had a chance of taking them out on the NFC side was Atlanta, which is why I was hoping Seattle would find a way to win. And your Pittsburgh pick is suspicious, considering they lost at home to the Cowboys, who "can't beat good teams ".

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: January 15, 2017 04:41

GO ATLANTA FALCONS!

Rise UP!!!

Today, Seattle.

Tomorrow...

THE WORLD!!!!

(You heard it here first....)

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 15, 2017 05:51

keefriff99
nightskyman
Can't happen. They're playing each other this weekend.

Only ONE of those teams will be in the NFC Championship game.

You got me (I just realized watching the games today)...perhaps I was thinking of the 'ice bowl' game between these two.

The Sunday games should be great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-15 05:52 by nightskyman.

Date: January 15, 2017 11:33

maybe next year. with a new O line & kicker. & earl thomas back. man, did we miss him on saturday! glad houston made NE look mortal for a little while.

Date: January 15, 2017 18:58

Green Bay is weak up the middle of their defense (interior defensive linemen and inside linebackers).

They are also weak in their secondary. Not a good match-up for them versus Dallas this year.

For them to have a chance,their defensive ends,outside linebackers,and Rodgers will all have to carry the team but,Dallas should win this one if they don't fumble the ball,throw interceptions,or break-down on special teams.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 16, 2017 00:43

So far, so good...

Date: January 16, 2017 00:53

This is fantastic...

Date: January 16, 2017 01:48

when is romo coming in? grinning smiley

Date: January 16, 2017 03:19

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS??

Date: January 16, 2017 03:41

I'm glad the Cowboys lost. Now the Patriots will have an easier time winning the Super Bowl. Rodgers Shmodgers. Brady has the magic. Congrats to GasLight for the great picks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-16 04:48 by Socrates1.

Date: January 16, 2017 04:49

Well,Dallas did almost anything they wanted to do against the Green Bay defense but,Rodgers is playing on another level.

Not many in the history of the game could make some of the throws he made in this game.

Still,what it really came down to,was not only the last throw that he made but,the play before that somehow holding onto the ball and not fumbling it away while being sacked from the blind side.

Maybe the guy should have made a better attempt at stripping the ball out but,even so,it was amazing that Rodgers held onto the ball.

Date: January 16, 2017 05:16

The catch was even more perfect than the throw. The toe drag seemed to happen in slow motion. I think Jimmy Johnson had been crying when they cut back to him after the last commercial. Such a hard loss for some to take. They're the Cowboys. I was only rooting for them temporarily. It's just as well that they're done now. Brady's magic is the most reliable. How many more Hail Marys and a close-call wins can the Packers have in them? No more. The Packers are running out of steam. Patriots beat Packers in Super Bowl, if the Packers even get there at all.

Date: January 16, 2017 05:39

Socrates1
The catch was even more perfect than the throw. The toe drag seemed to happen in slow motion.
Absolutely. That was an amazing play. Just re-watched it in slow motion...the reflexes and knowledge of his position on the field are staggering.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home