Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 16, 2017 13:22

Yes, I do. Because they last toured in Europe in 2014 (for massive crowds).
I believe they won't fill those large stadiums this time around.

The last U2 tour were arenas. There's a reason for that.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 16, 2017 13:28

bv
There is not a single good reason for the Stones to sign a contract early, as long as they can wait. As soon as a contract for a show is signed, they actually guarantee legally to go there and to perform the show. Like the Las Vegas shows. The promoter invest in stages and fences and planning and ticket sales and collect 5 million or more worth of ticket sales within a week. They contract to delivery of a zillion hot dogs and beers. Security. Five star hotel rooms. Then if Mick, Keith, Rollie or Charlie find out they rather would like to go fishing, buying a horse, recording a solo album, or directing a new movie, then they can not change, they have to do that show and every other show, otherwise they would be legally tied up to be there and perform. The only option would be to pay the contrac t fee for cancellation, which I am sure is in the million US dollars range.

Remember Mick in the Ole Ole Ole movie, talking about the five extra days they had to stay in Miami, while postponing the Havana show. He said : "They just have to find the money". Meaning it is a cost, a high cost. Nothing comes free these days. There are crews to pay and organizers to pay and a lot lot more. No reason to sign anything if you are the biggest act on this planet.

Just keep your calendar clear for June and July this year and also may be a week in May and August, and you will be fine. Take your family holiday another time or another year. It is all about priority.

From last week. thumbs upthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 13:29 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 16, 2017 13:40

Deathgod

I just heard the tours off. Anyone else hear this

Probably Nate [iorr.org] or georgelicks [iorr.org] could answer this question ....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 16, 2017 15:14

paulywaul
Yes I have heard it, but not through what I would call 'official' channels. Maybe the rumour will be firmed up later today, I guess we all now have to stay tuned for further info ... ?

Would be a shame, but hey ... s**t happens !!

Is that just a general expression or has something specific happened ? If it's the case I hope it's not health related.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 16, 2017 15:18

gotdablouse
paulywaul
Yes I have heard it, but not through what I would call 'official' channels. Maybe the rumour will be firmed up later today, I guess we all now have to stay tuned for further info ... ?

Is that just a general expression or has something specific happened ? If it's the case I hope it's not health related.

Maybe it's babies-related and/or a 8 date tour makes no sense financially. Don't forget they have to stay in hotels one week in every town, which alone costs 100.000s per show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 15:20 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 16, 2017 15:22

gotdablouse
paulywaul

It's a c'est la vie type of expression ...... doesn't relate to anything specific

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2017 15:28

Monsoon Ragoon
Don't forget they have to stay in hotels one week in every town, which alone costs 100.000s per show.

they don't – at least not in Europe. They can stay in London and fly in for the shows in other cities just in time and return back afterwards. At least the did it back in 1995 that way

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 16, 2017 15:41

Touring is changing for lot of bands,seen the stones since 1969 and they got better as a band and play longer sets,i am sure they will still fill up stadiums in big cities in europe,and they have had good album out too sold well in europe,boys will keep ROCKING.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 16:05

Just soooo hope Bjornulf will be along in a minute to quash all these latest rumours...confused smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 16, 2017 16:12

BowieStone
Yes, I do. Because they last toured in Europe in 2014 (for massive crowds).
I believe they won't fill those large stadiums this time around.

The last U2 tour were arenas. There's a reason for that.

There is no question that they can fill the stadiums. HOWEVER, I am not sure that they can do what they did in 2014, which was charge an average of $220+ per ticket. The average ticket price for a U2 show on the 360 (stadium) tour was 50-100% cheaper than the Stones' 14 on Fire tour.

I am 100% sure that they could fill stadiums if they were willing to play for an average of $100-$125 per ticket, the way that everyone else does. However, the Stones just charge much more than anyone else. Promoters might not be willing to take the risk at those prices, and the Stones probably aren't willing to come down.

Date: February 16, 2017 16:23

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon
Don't forget they have to stay in hotels one week in every town, which alone costs 100.000s per show.

they don't – at least not in Europe. They can stay in London and fly in for the shows in other cities just in time and return back afterwards. At least the did it back in 1995 that way

And the crew?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 16, 2017 16:36

Hey, I just heard the tour is 'on' again. Anyone else hear this...?!

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 17:00

Ufs, glad we got that out of the way smileys with beer

RoughJusticeOnYa
Hey, I just heard the tour is 'on' again. Anyone else hear this...?!

Date: February 16, 2017 17:02

Where are those "news" from?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 16, 2017 17:06

Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

And the crew?
Crew can take groupies to Six Flags or something winking smiley.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 16, 2017 17:08

Yes where does all this info come from.
Looks like the European tour will be named the on n off tour.

Date: February 16, 2017 17:10

Maybe we will get something like the 1996 Asia/America tour.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 17:44

Monsoon Ragoon

The planned but cancelled extension to VL ?

Date: February 16, 2017 17:47

grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon

The planned but cancelled extension to VL ?

Yeah

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 18:28

If the rumours are true, still holding out for a few UK shows.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 16, 2017 19:39

I Heard that NOTHING is confirmed for tour, but a return to the blues may be on the cards. The words "tour is off" or "cancelled" were not said.

sc uk

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 16, 2017 19:51

This is nothing but a huge joke going on here

How can a tour be off when it wasn't even on confused smiley

BV told us to keep this summer open if you like to see The Stones live, if you're not interested just ignore it hot smiley

I know some of you - me included - are dying to get 'official' information on the tour plans... but all we can do is wait and drinking smiley and smoking smiley as well as some other delighting stuff

I'm just pissed off by these 'I heard a friend ...of a friend ... who knows someone ...told me...' and so on -stuff

Date: February 16, 2017 20:05

bernard90mike

How can a tour be off when it wasn't even on confused smiley

For instance: due to sudden health issues during the contract signing - and the Doctor's advice was to stay at home for 6 months ....

Date: February 16, 2017 20:15

<How can a tour be off when it wasn't even on>

You know as well as everybody that there are plans for a European tour. Ca dates and venues are listed by Bjørnulf on the European tour pages.

It is a huge letdown if they had to cancel those plans...

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 20:17

In regards to a London show at an outdoor venue, I remembered getting sun burned at the Hyde Park show. They were handing out sunscreen and people were sitting in the shade of garbage cans just to get some reprieve from the sun.

Hopefully we'll still be packing our bags this summer. Don't forget your sunscreen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 20:21 by jcstone47.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 20:35

Why this european Tour could be cancelled?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: February 16, 2017 20:40

powerage78

Example: [iorr.org] .

Remember the cancelled show in Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena on 19-Oct-2016 .... [www.rollingstones.com] .

Date: February 16, 2017 20:45

Irix
powerage78

Example: [iorr.org] .

Remember the cancelled show in Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena on 19-Oct-2016 .... [www.rollingstones.com] .

It can't be cancelled as long as it's not even announced. But a planned tour sometimes never happens. The first tour that didn't take place was the Spring tour 1970 which was rescheduled half a year later. Maybe the 2017 tour could as well be in 2018, I don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 20:47 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 20:50

Yes. I should write postponed.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2017 21:07

do we have at least two independent sources for the rumor that tour plans a canceled? I'm not convinced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 21:08 by slewan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home