Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT : Brussels Attacks
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 22, 2016 12:00

This morning have been attacks at the Brussels Airport and a Subway station.
Media reporting about 13 deaths and lots of injured people.

My thoughts to all who have been affected,families and friends.

Very sad news.

Re: OT : Brussels Attacks
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 22, 2016 12:25

Indeed, very sad news - but it was expected by experts that such terrible things like Paris 2015 will now happen more often .... sad smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 22, 2016 12:34

Prayers to all affected

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 22, 2016 12:41

Just waking up to this news - deep sadness and sympathy. I was in Brussels last spring, a beautiful city. This should never happen anywhere, has to stop.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 22, 2016 13:10

Where is Winston Churchill when you need him?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 22, 2016 13:25

My god-daughter's husband works in Brussels - hoping he is OK.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 22, 2016 14:32

Love and light to all in Brussels as well as to all those who are working to put an end to these attacks.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 14:59

Horrible news. Not much more to say.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 17:16

of course all my sympathy to our Belgian friends.
Be brave.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 22, 2016 17:35

I will censor myself here and not say what I think about islam or islamists and instead send my condolences to the Belgian people and those affected by these atrocities.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 22, 2016 17:53

Stoneage
I will censor myself here and not say what I think about islam or islamists and instead send my condolences to the Belgian people and those affected by these atrocities.

Same here, Stoneage. The anger in me is growing. But my heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this act of brutal terrorism.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 22, 2016 18:01

Green Lady
My god-daughter's husband works in Brussels - hoping he is OK.

He is. Facebook has its uses.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 22, 2016 18:16

Brussels is a lovely city. Sympathies and solidarity with its citizens and all affected by this outrage.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 22, 2016 18:19

It is terrible news. I hope people will blame the real powers (and money) that are behind this and not all the majority of innocent moslims who have nothing to do with this and more often than not are victims themselves of these acts of terrorism. Blaming them for this, which unfortunately is increasingly happening in Europe, would be like blaming all catholics for terrorist acts by the IRA.
I am afraid, however, that as long as too many countries are involved in the mess in the middle-east, this will not stop, and mutual hate will grow more and more, which - as history teaches us - will lead to even more horrors. These are scary times indeed.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 18:24

I can't even imagine what the victims or their families in Brussels are going through. I'll be praying for them sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 18:26 by stones2000.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 22, 2016 18:28

jpasc95
of course all my sympathy to our Belgian friends.
Be brave.

My prayers for all the innocent victims and our Belgian friends in Brussels.

Date: March 22, 2016 18:32

Blaming islam and religion is not the same as blaming muslims. It's a logical fallacy to state that.

Date: March 22, 2016 18:50

You can blame their interpretation of islam, shared by a microscopical part of the Muslims.

All the best vibes possible to Brussels and the people there.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 22, 2016 18:59

This is F'ed Up!
Why Brussels?
F this cowards that bomb innocent people!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:16

Looks like it's heading up my way confused smiley all the best for the people in Brussels and Belgium

Date: March 22, 2016 19:17

DandelionPowderman
You can blame their interpretation of islam, shared by a microscopical part of the Muslims.

I wish it was easy as that, Dandy. But it isn't. Islam isn't a reformed religion like christianity. It still has some very harmful elements in it. I would for one blame islam. I'm no the only one.
Even Napoleon Bonaparte and Churchill was very critical about islam. And people like Richard Dawkins today. And rightfully so. I would even say that today it's even more important to combat the evil of islam.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:17

It's a very bad situation for europe.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:21

sad smiley

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:36

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:42

Green Lady
He is. Facebook has its uses.

I'm glad, Green Lady.

mr_dja
Love and light to all in Brussels

What he said

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 22, 2016 20:01

NICOS
Looks like it's heading up my way confused smiley all the best for the people in Brussels and Belgium

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's coming EVERYONE's way, eventually. Sad times. Brussels & Belgium are hurting more than the rest of us today. Others will be bearing the weight of the next attack, when it comes. It scares me to think that, before this comes to an end, no one and no where will remain untouched or unaffected.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 22, 2016 20:08

Well people, what we invariably have to look forward to over the next months/years is probably lots more of the same. There are some deranged individuals who cannot adjust to life in a reasonably democratic, liberal, and tolerant hemisphere such as Europe and Scandinavia. Mostly through their own failings they have become marginalised, and this is the means by which they vent their frustration.

Sad to say, it's just one more incident in what will be a long string of them before all this jihadi nonsense is played out, 9/11 in NYC, 7/7 in London, the Bataclan gig in Paris, and so on.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2016 20:38

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman

I wish it was easy as that, Dandy. But it isn't. Islam isn't a reformed religion like christianity. It still has some very harmful elements in it. I would for one blame islam. I'm no the only one.
Even Napoleon Bonaparte and Churchill was very critical about islam. And people like Richard Dawkins today. And rightfully so. I would even say that today it's even more important to combat the evil of islam.

I understand the criticism, but if you blanket-condemn islam as evil, then we're at war with 1.5 billion people which I don't think is a war anyone wins.

Date: March 22, 2016 20:58

There is a distinction between islam and muslims, Treacles. In muslim countries you'll have no choice whether you want to become a muslim or not. And you can't leave your religion. And what good does islam bring to modern societies in the west or even their own countries? To combat the backward religion of islam isn't the same as to combat muslims. It's the religion that is bad, not the vast majority of the people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 21:00 by Stoneage.

Date: March 22, 2016 21:14

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman

That's just ignorant, imo.

There are also huge, peaceful Islamic countries (where other religions are allowed as well). Will you blame those countries and their interpretation of the holy book religion as well?

It's a bit like saying all americans are rooting for the Donald. Of course they aren't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 21:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home