Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: superglen ()
Date: September 6, 2016 11:54

mickschix
This is NOT looking good for a mini tour, other than Vegas. I don't ever recall a tour announced this late..

the 2013 North American tour started in early May and was announced in early April

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 6, 2016 16:24

superglen
mickschix
This is NOT looking good for a mini tour, other than Vegas. I don't ever recall a tour announced this late..

the 2013 North American tour started in early May and was announced in early April

There's still hope!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: September 6, 2016 17:47

Anyone know if there is a pre sale?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 6, 2016 18:06

This must really be hush-hush eye rolling smiley

My friend who works at the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas hasn't heard anything about an added Stones date on the 22nd as of yet.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 6, 2016 21:55

BluzDude
This must really be hush-hush eye rolling smiley

My friend who works at the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas hasn't heard anything about an added Stones date on the 22nd as of yet.

I've been hearing that they're booking anybody and everybody in the T-mobile and not all of them are selling that well.has your friend mentioned anything like that?
Stories of shows that sold 5000 tickets have been popping up and the capacity is close to 20,000 there if i'm not mistaken.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 6, 2016 22:05

The MGM was/is the perfect sized concert venue.......I can't get excited to fly to Vegas to go to a show in an oversized basketball arena.....

Posted by: Rollingmania50 ()
Date: September 6, 2016 22:27

MSG is available only on 10 and 13 November, dates close to the inauguration of the expo (12/11/16)

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: September 6, 2016 22:33

BV has changed the status of the 10/22 show from "Rumored" to "Probably" on the tour page.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2016 23:13

Rollingmania50
MSG is available only on 10 and 13 November, dates close to the inauguration of the expo (12/11/16)

According to the Calendar of Events on the MSG website, there's currently nothing scheduled November 8-16.

[www.thegarden.com]

Posted by: Rollingmania50 ()
Date: September 6, 2016 23:23

Data from
[garden-ny.com]

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: September 6, 2016 23:30

Rollingmania50

Correct, I looked into this as well. For some reason, the Garden calendar hasn't been updated with the Knicks and Rangers games. Very few open dates available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-06 23:34 by hooked.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2016 01:35

Potential further evidence that Desert Trip(s) and Vegas may be it for the mini-tour.. Sasha's Twitter post from today..

Sasha Allen ?@SashaAllenMusic 24m
"So excited to be joining them in the desert! They are truly the coolest!
Grateful! #RollingStone LA and Vegas"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-07 01:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 7, 2016 01:45

Its 4 gigs only this autumn. we'd all love more, but lets be realistic.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 7, 2016 02:05

The truth is that the U.S had enough shows over the last 4 years, over 35 shows while other VERY important countries had 2 or 3 as much, so 4 more shows this year is like a bonus.
Europe was really under-represented so far, if they will tour again that's the place to go.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2016 02:57

hooked
Rollingmania50

Correct, I looked into this as well. For some reason, the Garden calendar hasn't been updated with the Knicks and Rangers games. Very few open dates available.

Beacon Theatre is open on the 10th... Just Sayin'...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 7, 2016 14:00

georgelicks
The truth is that the U.S had enough shows over the last 4 years, over 35 shows while other VERY important countries had 2 or 3 as much, so 4 more shows this year is like a bonus.
Europe was really under-represented so far, if they will tour again that's the place to go.

Agreedsmileys with beersmileys with beer
Ready for 4 or 5 gigs in Europe, 2017 !! Please stay well and healthy, Rolling Stones.
One Love Jeroen

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 7, 2016 14:19

I predict (health allowed):

- European Tour with new studio album May/July 2017
- Australasian Tour Feb/March 2018
- North American Tour Sept/Nov 2018
- "Rest of Europe" May/July 2019
- "Rest of NA" May/July 2020
- South American Tour Feb/March 2021

- "Residency Tour 2022/2023 with 5 multiple show in each city:New York-Los Angeles-Tokyo-London

@Georgelicks what do you think about it?!Do you think that the new studio album of new material will come out next spring?!?

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: September 7, 2016 15:57

I think we will see less full scale tours and more shows here and there. After all Charlie is 75. My advice is if you have a chance to see a show, at this point don't pass it up. Can't wait until Vegas!!

Date: September 7, 2016 18:43

MisterDDDD
Potential further evidence that Desert Trip(s) and Vegas may be it for the mini-tour.. Sasha's Twitter post from today..

Sasha Allen ?@SashaAllenMusic 24m
"So excited to be joining them in the desert! They are truly the coolest!
Grateful! #RollingStone LA and Vegas"

Potential evidence,I guess but,I don't believe that she is in a position to give out any information about any possible other show(s) which have not been announced.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 7, 2016 18:52

Yes probably asked not to discuss other dates until they are officially announced.

Date: September 7, 2016 18:56

georgelicks

Maybe Europe has been "under-represented" but consideration has to be given to the size of these countries. Compare the size of the U.S. to the size of most European countries. Look at the vast distance between Las Vegas and New York City. Just because they are both in the U.S. doesn't mean that they are anywhere near close together.

You could consider every concert from 2012 onwards as a bonus but,major markets have been skipped such as the Pacific NorthWest (Seattle,Portland) and the Red Rocks show would have been nice from an acoustical stand point.

As well,a concert in the northeast Atlantic area of the U.S. for the first time in more than 3 years would also be nice.

You would figure that if they can handle four shows,they can handle eight or so,give or take.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 7, 2016 19:49

I really don't see how we can complain (at least seriously) about the bands recent activity.

They have played tours (lets say more than 12 gigs a year) for each of the last 4 years (2013-2016), and a few in 2012.. They haven't done that since 64-67. Tiny tours in 70 and 71; nothing for huge gaps.

In 2016 it will be a tour of South America, all outdoor stadia in the heat and humidity and craziness; and now 3 or 4 gigs in the US.

Every new tour, every next gig, every new piece of work is a massive bonus. Sure they can't be in everyone's back yard every year - but when did that ever happen?? Flights to see the band are no more than the tickets if you want (and can) travel.

less negative waves please

Date: September 7, 2016 20:09

I would just say that if it's four shows in the tour,the locations are too close together,in my opinion.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 7, 2016 20:42

thecitadel
I really don't see how we can complain (at least seriously) about the bands recent activity.

They have played tours (lets say more than 12 gigs a year) for each of the last 4 years (2013-2016), and a few in 2012.. They haven't done that since 64-67. Tiny tours in 70 and 71; nothing for huge gaps.

In 2016 it will be a tour of South America, all outdoor stadia in the heat and humidity and craziness; and now 3 or 4 gigs in the US.

Every new tour, every next gig, every new piece of work is a massive bonus. Sure they can't be in everyone's back yard every year - but when did that ever happen?? Flights to see the band are no more than the tickets if you want (and can) travel.

less negative waves please

Yup, plus a Keith record last year, a blues album this year, and maybe a Jagger/Richards originals album next year

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 7, 2016 23:48

I want to see the 10/22 show as I have no tickets for the others. I guess I could get one outside arena from someone but for how much and are they fake? Anyone from the NW going?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 8, 2016 05:11

babyblue
I want to see the 10/22 show as I have no tickets for the others. I guess I could get one outside arena from someone but for how much and are they fake? Anyone from the NW going?

I am not from the NW, but I would suggest just going to Vegas.
Tickets will happen one way or another, probably from the Stones releasing extras at the box office 1-5 days, or hours, before the shows. They are very good at popping the ticket price bubble like that. I have done this many times. Be ready, call the box office (several times) know where they will be on sale if/when.... be ready.

There are other ways too... as far as fake tickets... I have never been screwed, but a couple of times (due to printed out ticket) I made the the person I was buying from (outside the arena right before the show) agree to walk up to the door and make sure the ticket got me in. I guess they could run off or something weird, but if they are willing to walk up with me and makes sure the ticket works it is a good indicator. If they say no, that is fine, I keep looking.

TL/DR if you want to see the show go to the city... a ticket will happen.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 8, 2016 06:48

I still can't believe how long its been since they've played Denver or anywhere near by. Denver being one of the largest and fastest growing cities in the US. Seattle same thing.

Posted by: beargains ()
Date: September 8, 2016 07:12

Just to be on the safe side, I've purchased a ticket for 10/22 & back on 10/23 on Southwest for $114 from SFO.
I can always re-use the $ to go to the Austin Record Fair in May...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-08 07:13 by beargains.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 8, 2016 09:35

Winning Ugly VXII
georgelicks

Maybe Europe has been "under-represented" but consideration has to be given to the size of these countries. Compare the size of the U.S. to the size of most European countries. Look at the vast distance between Las Vegas and New York City. Just because they are both in the U.S. doesn't mean that they are anywhere near close together.

You could consider every concert from 2012 onwards as a bonus but,major markets have been skipped such as the Pacific NorthWest (Seattle,Portland) and the Red Rocks show would have been nice from an acoustical stand point.

As well,a concert in the northeast Atlantic area of the U.S. for the first time in more than 3 years would also be nice.

You would figure that if they can handle four shows,they can handle eight or so,give or take.

US population is over 300 millions - they got nearly 40 shows since '12 (incl. upcoming dates).
German population is 82 million - we got two, the other important European contries, except UK just one. Eastern Europe - no show at all.

The only countries with a lot of shows compared to its population are USA, Canada, UK and Australia. I think it's time for a European leg first!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-08 10:35 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 8, 2016 10:23

Only 4 dates?
That is a short tour..... ;-)

Mr.Fancyman

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home