Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2016 12:00

Monsoon Ragoon

US population is over 300 millions - they got nearly 40 shows since '12 (incl. upcoming dates).
German population is 82 million - we got two, the other important European contries, except UK just one. Eastern Europe - no show at all.

it's not question of population numbers but of buying power (and willingness to spend money on overpriced tickets). What's the sense in playing shows in countries that are shaken by economical crisis?

Date: September 8, 2016 12:43

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

US population is over 300 millions - they got nearly 40 shows since '12 (incl. upcoming dates).
German population is 82 million - we got two, the other important European contries, except UK just one. Eastern Europe - no show at all.

it's not question of population numbers but of buying power (and willingness to spend money on overpriced tickets). What's the sense in playing shows in countries that are shaken by economical crisis?

I bet there is plenty of «buying power» in Germany as well smiling smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 8, 2016 13:50

Obviously we would all love for the Stones to come to wherever we are but one thing bears repeating; these guys are in their 70's now....We should all be grateful and AMAZED for ANYTHING they do these days.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2016 14:27

DandelionPowderman
slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

right – therefore Germany got two shows while all other European countries got only one or none at all

Date: September 8, 2016 15:56

It has more to do with the capacity of the band, imo. They could have packed four shows in Norway alone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2016 17:01

Due to overwhelming demand, The Rolling Stones have announced a second and final Las Vegas show on Saturday, October 22 at T-Mobile Arena. This will be the iconic band’s last U.S. show of 2016 and will come on the heels of their performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California on October 7 and 14, and their already-sold-out first show in Las Vegas on October 19.

Tickets are on sale Friday, September 16 at 10am PT at AXS.com. For additional information please visit rollingstones.com.

[www.facebook.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-08 17:09 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: September 8, 2016 17:05

The Rolling Wayne Newtons.

Date: September 8, 2016 17:11

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

right – therefore Germany got two shows while all other European countries got only one or none at all

That's also why New Orleans hasn't had a show since almost 22 years ago and probably why Mississippi has never had a Stones concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-08 17:13 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: September 8, 2016 17:36

They just announced the Vegas pre sale on the app for Sept. 14? This may seem like a stupid question but can you download the App onto one's PC? I opened it in I Tunes but could not figure out how to download and make it function.

I would much rather try to buy the tickets on my computer than on my phone.

Any advice appreciated!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 8, 2016 17:38

Published on Sep 8, 2016
"Due to overwhelming demand, The Rolling Stones have announced a second and final Las Vegas show on Saturday, October 22 at T-Mobile Arena. This will be the iconic band’s last U.S. show of 2016 and will come on the heels of their performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California"

Date: September 8, 2016 17:41

So throw in the wording "Last U.S.Show of 2016" And the ticket buying frenzy is on!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2016 17:45

sarahunwin
They just announced the Vegas pre sale on the app for Sept. 14? This may seem like a stupid question but can you download the App onto one's PC? I opened it in I Tunes but could not figure out how to download and make it function.

Any advice appreciated!

You can open some posts from the app on your PC (like this one), but I'm not sure if that will work when the tickets are on sale. On any case it's worth a try.

Date: September 8, 2016 18:04

sarahunwin

Any advice appreciated!

You could install an Android based operating system on your PC's hard drive or on a "live" USB stick flash drive.

Then install the Google Play app.

This "how - to" article is 7 to 8 months old ..... [liliputing.com] . The ReMix OS is no longer in beta testing stages.

Their web-site : [www.jide.com] .

Date: September 8, 2016 18:05

Thanks Christiano. I guess I'll go with the phone - don't think I can afford the second show anyway - I'm already at Desert Trip and the first Vegas show!!!

Date: September 8, 2016 18:06

Winning Ugly VXII
sarahunwin

Any advice appreciated!

You could install an Android based operating system on your PC's hard drive or on a "live" USB stick flash drive.

This "how - to" article is 7 to 8 months old ..... [liliputing.com] . The ReMix OS is no longer in beta testing stages.

Thanks, I'll take a look

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 8, 2016 18:35

Well, this is my 40th birthday, nice. The 30th was Austin with a club gig setlist on a big field.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: September 8, 2016 18:56

jumpontopofmebaby
So throw in the wording "Last U.S.Show of 2016" And the ticket buying frenzy is on!

I honestly don't think there will be a ticket buying frenzy for the Stones again in the U.S. Interest yes; frenzy, no.

I'm glad they have finally announced this show officially, now I can get on with my plans but getting a ticket is actually less of a worry than getting a good room rate in Vegas for me.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 8, 2016 18:59

Winning Ugly VXII
sarahunwin

Any advice appreciated!

Thank you for that information, I never thought about doing this, but I will look into it too.

Date: September 8, 2016 19:12

jambay
Winning Ugly VXII
sarahunwin

Any advice appreciated!

Thank you for that information, I never thought about doing this, but I will look into it too.

No problem. Your computer's processor chip has to be compatible for it to work,though. Generally,the newer the processor (made within the last few years or so) ,the better your chances are that it will work.

Know if it is 64-bit compatible for the 64-bit .iso file , if not try the x86 32-bit .iso file.

If you are going to burn the operating system .iso file to a USB stick from within Windows,you can use a software program called "Rufus". From within Linux use "ROSA Image Writer" or the command line. From an Apple computer,I'm not sure but burning the .iso file to a DVD-R is also an option but .... the system won't run as fast as off of a USB stick or,especially not as fast as running off of a hard drive partition.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 8, 2016 19:18

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 13:07 by jambay.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 8, 2016 19:46

well I guess that wraps this thread up.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 8, 2016 19:48

Seems like each time out they are trying to get more and more money for less and less work.
what are they gonna do next year,a one show tour and charge us all $5000 a ticket?

Even two years ago i would've been on this in a second but theres just none of that Stones tour buzz-it's not even a tour.it seems strange but for the first time ever.i just don't care.

Date: September 8, 2016 19:53

Well I CARE!

Even if I only get one Desert Trip Show......cause THIS COULD BE THE LAST TIME!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 8, 2016 19:53

18 songs, Mick onstage for barely 90 minutes, the same setlist they've been doing the last two years? Lucky Dips are worth it...otherwise not so much.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 8, 2016 20:12

I think the only reason they are playing at all is because of Desert Trip. Don't get hung up about a "short tour." This is really just tacking two arena shows onto the big "event."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-08 20:22 by Woz.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 8, 2016 20:13

Each show could be the last one, sadly we won't see more large tours, their last South American trip could be their last tour or short tour as we know it.
A short resident could be the way to go from now on, 4-5 shows next year and that's it.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 8, 2016 20:16

jumpontopofmebaby
Well I CARE!

I'm not saying you shouldn't and i want you to go and have a great time.i'm not being sarcastic,i really mean that.they'll be great,they always are.

But for me this is the first time the Stones have done gigs in the states since 75 that i'm just not interested.i can't figure out why.
like i said,even two years ago i would've had my tickets and been on a plane to Vegas.
The weird thing is i can afford it but i almost feel like giving the money to a food bank or something.it's like- if you guys need $750 for balcony seats to do a show ,maybe you just really aren't into playing all that much.

Date: September 8, 2016 20:38

lem motlow
jumpontopofmebaby
Well I CARE!

I'm not saying you shouldn't and i want you to go and have a great time.i'm not being sarcastic,i really mean that.they'll be great,they always are.

But for me this is the first time the Stones have done gigs in the states since 75 that i'm just not interested.i can't figure out why.
like i said,even two years ago i would've had my tickets and been on a plane to Vegas.
The weird thing is i can afford it but i almost feel like giving the money to a food bank or something.it's like- if you guys need $750 for balcony seats to do a show ,maybe you just really aren't into playing all that much.

Well I get it and maybe because they just did all the shows last year.

And for me I will pay $750 for a Stones ticket and deal with it. However it had better be a damn good one. Because if not I would pass. I honestly think the better the seat the better you can enjoy the show. For me lower balcony sides close to the stage or about 10 rows back towards the center on the floor are the best seats. Give me those Ill pay $750 no problem.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 8, 2016 21:57

>>>Ill pay $750 [for lower bowl] no problem

"Dammit! Listen to yourself, Jim!"

Your inner 16 year old is shaking his head in bewilderment.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: September 8, 2016 22:10

The Vegas arena shows will be for the "High rollers". Without a new album it is essentially the same show format since 2013 with a $750 entrance fee for the upcoming arena dates. I wish other cities were added but it doesn't seem in the "Cards". It's great that they are doing some shows but I would rather see them now with an album release. For those who get to go to the California/Nevada shows enjoy and will see you on Periscope!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home