Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 14, 2016 04:38

reg thorpe
GasLightStreet
Jesus, really? People still going on about "only 3 shows"?

Get with it.

Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Kewel, I'm gonna use this................

Date: July 14, 2016 19:02

MEMPHIS

Date: July 15, 2016 00:36

AUSTIN or HOUSTON

Posted by: GlimmerTimes2 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 02:16

They will never come back to my region, Ottawa, Canada. They’ve been here twice in their career, 1965 and 2005. They were our last major concert at our football stadium, the TD Place: 43,000

I prefer arena shows, the feel is more intimate and I think the sound is better (I know it won’t rain!), but that’s just me. They love Toronto (ask Keith cool smiley ), so that’s my best bet, a four hour drive or a short flight.

Date: July 15, 2016 02:20

They should play Atlantic City again although I would think Philadelphia would get it. One of the best shows I saw was Boardwalk Hall in '06

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 15, 2016 04:30

I'm guessing the only places that aren't possibilities are most, if not all, of the cities that got gigs last summer... You know, the "fly-over" cities... My backyard!

I can see a repeat of many of the major markets they played in 2013, or a mix of those and maybe some cities they haven't played since 2006 or before, like Houston, Denver, Seattle/Vancouver or Miami. It really is wide open for them, like always. Last summer, playing stadiums in those towns was a surprise, but covered a lot of ground that was missed in 2013.

Indoors or outdoors, it will be interesting to see what they do... Hell, maybe it'll be all domes in 2016!!

Give it a few weeks max, and we'll know for sure!

Date: July 15, 2016 04:43

Is anyone else getting bored sitting around waiting for the stones to tour? I mean I did other things this week like cooking, working, seeing Billy Joel and Paul McCartney but I need to plan my remaining vacation time around the tour.
Come to think of it, the Monkees haven't announced additional dates either.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 15, 2016 04:57

[email protected]
Is anyone else getting bored sitting around waiting for the stones to tour? I mean I did other things this week like cooking, working, seeing Billy Joel and Paul McCartney but I need to plan my remaining vacation time around the tour.

Absolutely.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 15, 2016 05:25

[email protected]
So, how was Sir Paul? Been hearing mixed reviews..
Very much looking forward to seeing him again at Desert Trip..

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: July 15, 2016 05:27

rumcoke72
They should play Atlantic City again although I would think Philadelphia would get it. One of the best shows I saw was Boardwalk Hall in '06

They were firing on all cylinders that night in AC. Ronnie even made SOL sound good to me.
It was the last show I saw, so far.
It's a great recording too.

Posted by: jkundl1 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 07:07

If they play Denver, please play at Red Rocks

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 15, 2016 07:53

This is Desert Tap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-15 20:37 by jambay.

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 11:43

when the new cd is out, they play in London and New York concerts.
They want to introduce the new Songs.

Stones Forever

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 15, 2016 12:47

Mick2014
when the new cd is out, they play in London and New York concerts.
They want to introduce the new Songs.

LOL!

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 15, 2016 13:05

All right, guess I'm on board for this tour as well. Considering Zip Code was similar to a mortgage for me (but a hell of a great time) this time it'll have to be lucky dips or back row... Will be nice to sit back and just listen to the music

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 17:36

its been a long hot summer already in NC waiting for more stones news I do have lucky dips for vegas though. want new album and chance to go to boston for stones just gotta wait....

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 18:30

Mick said in an interview that the next tour is a British one. I am ready for 3-4 dates soon !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-15 18:31 by montreal1.

Date: July 15, 2016 18:41

montreal1
Mick said in an interview that the next tour is a British one. I am ready for 3-4 dates soon !

when and where did he say that please

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 20:20

On the BBC, april 5th 2016

Jagger said the band would be announcing more shows in the coming months.

"We'll come back to the UK, indeed," he said. "It doesn't feel very long since we played [here] but actually it's ages ago now."

Date: July 15, 2016 21:12

ohmercy61
its been a long hot summer already in NC waiting for more stones news I do have lucky dips for vegas though. want new album and chance to go to boston for stones just gotta wait....

Did you catch the Raleigh Zip Code date? Great show and for Raleigh not as hot and humid as it could have been.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: July 15, 2016 23:39

MisterDDDD
[email protected]
So, how was Sir Paul? Been hearing mixed reviews..
Very much looking forward to seeing him again at Desert Trip..
I thought it was a very good show. It was my 12th time seeing him. People comment about his voice but he is 74 years old and of course certain notes could be more difficult.
I liked the fact that he is able to fit 38 songs into a show, but I would have liked one more rarity played in comparison to prior tours. Last summer he did Lovely Rita, The Night Before a few years ago and even For No One once.
He did a mix of solo material from all phases of his career.

Date: July 16, 2016 00:42

Ya midnight I was there and buffalo...it was hot in Raleigh but not as hot as it is tonite here..

Posted by: Misterjimmy ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:37

only 3 months to vegas !! we were planning on going there anyway so the stones show is a HUGE BONUS !! we don't have 10th row tix like last year in Detroit but we will be there and partying hardy. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:23

Misterjimmy
we don't have 10th row tix like last year in Detroit but we will be there and partying hardy. smileys with beer

That's the spirit ... cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 17, 2016 04:10

Misterjimy see you there will be partying hardy also!!

Posted by: Misterjimmy ()
Date: July 17, 2016 16:47

we are flying in Wednesday morning and staying at mgm until Saturday. going to be a long day with the time change . but something tells me the boys will keep us awake.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 17, 2016 21:54

Axs is now showing the Vegas show as Sold Out (there had been just the $750 tix until now).

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 18, 2016 03:18

DEmerson
Axs is now showing the Vegas show as Sold Out (there had been just the $750 tix until now).

Those $750 tickets were, how you say, really bad. I'm hoping for a Seattle show. Usually I'm up for a Vegas run but that's a lot for a bad seat. I've paid that before for the Stones but either seats were good or the venue really small. I'll pass. I paid $125 for what turned out to be decent seats for Paul McCartney. Of course the Stones are more important to me than Paul at this point but if its essentially the same show they've been doing since the 50th anniversary I've seen it.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 18, 2016 07:49

Just getting home from seeing Paul M. at Fenway Park, Boston. Another great show. 30+ songs, 2-3/4 hours. Even brought out Bob Weir of the Dead (who had just played 2 nights) for Hi Hi Hi and then Helter Skelter, which also had Patriot 'Gronk'. FUN.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: July 18, 2016 13:32

Great, let's keep the Paul M reviews coming. RS tour news?, the hell with that!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home