Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:06

35love
35love
Many of us Americans will be going down in flames end of August w/ college tuition bills due. Best to release the US dates before that, I'd consider.

ETA: It's actually bothering me this post ^ language barrier/ misread
I meant financially going up in flames. Not literally.

I was thinking about how to work around the class schedule.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:14

hopkins
Wouldn't there be some serious rehearsal time in September anybody think?

they need only one week max for rehearsals. The band is hot as hell.
Jeroen

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 20, 2016 02:32

Cooltoplady
Stones50
Mad Sq Garden

I doubt it and I hope not.

Um, thats OK but you would be wrong

Date: July 20, 2016 03:38

is it mid-month Stones50? Weekends?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 20, 2016 06:00

shattered
35love
35love
Many of us Americans will be going down in flames end of August w/ college tuition bills due. Best to release the US dates before that, I'd consider.

*It's big fat money to put a kid thru college here (University) even w/ a scholarship, that's what I'm saying/learned recently/ squeezed middle class.
RS should take our $ while they can.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 20, 2016 06:19

35love, I'm on my third college kid ...Sallie Mae and chase bank own my arse, as the Brits and Aussies here say. I ain't gonna let it stop me from seeing my favorite band and neither should you. That's what credit cards are for, my friend. smiling smiley

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 20, 2016 06:35

My gut tells me the band has finally caught wind of my multiple posts, emails, tweets, chats, instagrams, and letters requesting they play Alaska, and will be playing Alaska on this tour... Or that could be last night's pepperoni pizza... Something's going on in my gut.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-20 06:36 by Snoopy.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 20, 2016 14:47

shattered
Who would be a good opener on this run?

...meaning:support act or opening song...?

Date: July 20, 2016 17:45

RoughJusticeOnYa
shattered

Maybe a Stones tribute band. And they could play all the great songs the Stones wont.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 20, 2016 20:01

RoughJusticeOnYa
shattered

Sorry. Now that you mention it, both.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 20, 2016 20:34

Sharon Jones & The Dap a Kings
Charles Bradley
Trombone Shorty
Alvin Youngblood Hart
Florence And The Machine
Gary Clark, Jr.
The North Mississippi All Stars
Drive By Truckers
The David Rawlings Machine

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 20, 2016 23:34

Very seldom see the opening act too busy drinking with friends outside or in a bar..save up my energy for the stones....

Posted by: Misterjimmy ()
Date: July 21, 2016 01:13

BUDDY GUY

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 21, 2016 04:20

Throwback-
Let's hear it for J Geils Band...

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 21, 2016 13:44

jumpontopofmebaby
RoughJusticeOnYa
shattered

Maybe a Stones tribute band. And they could play all the great songs the Stones wont.

ROTFL!

Thanks for that! grinning smiley

Date: July 21, 2016 15:36

As opening song, I'd say "One Hit (to the body)".

Band coming in - unzipping the dark; fallin' out of the clear blue sky, to our darkenss below... I can just see that happening!! smoking smiley

It would work great as an opener (riffing, tempo, ec.); plus it's a gem (imo); plus it was almost never played until now...

Yeah; if I had a say in it, that would be my pick. thumbs up

(And I'm quite sure I'll get some support from HMS here. smiling bouncing smiley )

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 21, 2016 21:28

Yes, why not ....

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 22, 2016 10:46

RoughJusticeOnYa

Band coming in - unzipping the dark; fallin' out of the clear blue sky, to our darkenss below... I can just see that happening!! smoking smiley

It would work great as an opener (riffing, tempo, ec.); plus it's a gem (imo); plus it was almost never played until now...

(And I'm quite sure I'll get some support from HMS here. smiling bouncing smiley )

They didn't even do One Hit in 1999 although it has "no security" in the lyrics and it was rehearsed in Oakland (?) and Amsterdam. They don't play old "obscure" numbers for the crazy hardcore fans, let alone as opener.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 22, 2016 11:31

I always thought one hit would be a great opening song, but your probably right to obscure....

Date: July 22, 2016 11:36

Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa

They didn't even do One Hit in 1999 although it has "no security" in the lyrics and it was rehearsed in Oakland (?) and Amsterdam. They don't play old "obscure" numbers for the crazy hardcore fans, let alone as opener.

Well, nobody asked what song would be likely as an opener, right...
Only what would/ could be a good one... smoking smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 22, 2016 14:25

RoughJusticeOnYa
Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa

Well, nobody asked what song would be likely as an opener, right...
Only what would/ could be a good one... smoking smiley

Yeah, would be a great opener. But unfortunately it will probably not happen.

Date: July 22, 2016 15:41

Sorry for getting back on topic. BV, any ETA on when additional dates will be announced?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 22, 2016 16:42

I have to stop looking at this thread. Every day, no news... It's making me grouchy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 22, 2016 18:18

35love
shattered
35love
35love

*It's big fat money to put a kid thru college here (University) even w/ a scholarship, that's what I'm saying/learned recently/ squeezed middle class.

I'm stunned at the cost of college in the US and hope that there is enough financial assistance available so that kids can all go if they have the smarts and the dedication. I guess the other way to look at it is . . . you're blessed to have a child that is studying in college, and considering the cost of four years of tuition,room and board, well, what's another few hundred bucks . . .

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 22, 2016 18:38

drbryant
35love
shattered
35love
35love

I'm stunned at the cost of college in the US and hope that there is enough financial assistance available so that kids can all go if they have the smarts and the dedication. I guess the other way to look at it is . . . you're blessed to have a child that is studying in college, and considering the cost of four years of tuition,room and board, well, what's another few hundred bucks . . .

*Thank you. This kid is def a blessing, sorry for the OT on this thread, I'm emotional.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 23, 2016 02:05

[quoteThey don't play old "obscure" numbers for the crazy hardcore fans, let alone as opener.[/quote]

I would say , "Not Fade Away" was pretty obscure as the Voo Doo lounge tour opener.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 23, 2016 23:45

Ithink BV knows the dates but cant release it to the public til the Stones say so.

Date: July 24, 2016 15:30

I remember going to see Bruce in Atlanta during the reunion tour- funny thing is I hadn't seen Bruce till then and was running into these die hards.
A woman at the airport recognized me and said her husband was mad beacuse she spent $10k of her child's college fund on the tour. I felt bad for her husband. I am perplexed to this day because he did more tours. So blesss you all for putting your children first.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 24, 2016 19:24

If they don't plan on changing the setlist much from the recent tours, I hope they at least change the order of songs somewhat to change the pacing. I mean, does Satisfaction have to be the last song every time? Does YCAGWYW have to be the first encore? Please switch things around a little bit! Surely JJF and SMU aren't the only songs worthy of being opening numbers as well.....Just saying....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: July 24, 2016 20:41

HonkeyTonkFlash
If they don't plan on changing the setlist much from the recent tours, I hope they at least change the order of songs somewhat to change the pacing. I mean, does Satisfaction have to be the last song every time? Does YCAGWYW have to be the first encore? Please switch things around a little bit! Surely JJF and SMU aren't the only songs worthy of being opening numbers as well.....Just saying....

Seems for this year 13 of the songs were played every show, with OOC being played all but 1. so there are essentially 2 wild cards as KR does the same pair 2/3rd of the time. Fine with me though as I love these songs. 2 of the wildcards I wished they played every night Angie and LSTNT.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1250
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home