Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 29, 2016 03:16

They can't hold on to the crew forever you know. Every day extra is an added cost... Don't expect this to go that many days forward, may be a few.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 29, 2016 03:23

I pray to the Rock Gods it stays on the 20th before Obama arrives....

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 29, 2016 03:43

Even after they confirmed the date.
Free concert and no scheduled show after Havana, it allows the band and Cuban authorities to put off a day due to absurd reasons.

If I go, don't want to book my return flight on the next day.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: February 29, 2016 03:58

montreal1
Where do you load photos ? I found pictures of the 10 000 seats Estadio Santiago “Changa” Mederos at Ciudad Deportiva.

Thanks.
I would like see your pictures.

How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages
Right-click on the photo on a website.
Choose "copy image location" (netscape).
Or "Properties (Explorer) and copy the picture address.
Typically picture address:
[iorr.org]
Then use the following codes to tell it's a picture:

Example:

Remember no spaces (no blanks) between the markers, just the picture address. The picture need to be placed on internet, i.e. you should store your picture somewhere. IORR does not offer storage of picture, but you may link the pictures into your posts as shown here.
Storing pictures
You need to store your photos/pictures on an external site like Flickr or Photobucket - there are many sites for storing photos. Make sure you publish a low-resolution version fit for internet, so that the image is loading fast. Typically 72 dpi and a size that fits to a screen, not way to big. You can not store your original photos on IORR, but you can link to them and display your photos like explained above.

Copied from this page [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 29, 2016 04:37

sarahunwin
I pray to the Rock Gods it stays on the 20th before Obama arrives....

I think the big O should do the right thing and cancel his Cuba trip. The Stones are more important. smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 29, 2016 05:15

On a very selfish point of view the later the better for me after South America.

Got commitments and anytime April would be great. smoking smiley

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 07:35

Estadio Santiago “Changa” Medero is suppose to be the 9 000 seats stadium (+ maybe another 10 000 people standing on the ground) where they will play. Next to Ciudad Deportiva.

Please post this photo.
[photos1.blogger.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 07:53 by montreal1.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 29, 2016 08:01

montreal1
Estadio Santiago “Changa” Medero is suppose to be the 9 000 seats stadium (+ maybe another 10 000 people standing on the ground) where they will play. Next to Ciudad Deportiva.

Please post this photo.
[photos1.blogger.com]

montreal1's photo:

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: February 29, 2016 16:27

Thanks GlimmerGirl... I like your thinking...:-))

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 18:31

If they are really filming it for a release, we could expect some changes in the set list as they probably don't want to release a show similar to Hyde Park again.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 29, 2016 18:51

I believe it's a BBC (or ITV?) production, right? Unlikely to be a traditional concert video. Zzzzzzzz. More of a 90-minute behind-the-scenes look into the hurdles arranging this thing, Cuban vox-pop interviews, street scenes, political developments, and concert highlights.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 29, 2016 19:35

Stonesfan2146
If they are really filming it for a release, we could expect some changes in the set list as they probably don't want to release a show similar to Hyde Park again.

True.....maybe they should do specially for the Cuban's a '64 - '67 set list........

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:22

According to this article published on Saturday, the Tampa Bay Rays may not have access to the Latinoamericano Stadium on the 21st or the morning of the 22nd because last minute field improvements might be needed. I think I read last week that the Cuban baseball league's season ends in early March, so its unlikely it's a baseball game that is going to damage the field and I haven't come across any other events scheduled at the stadium for the weekend of the 18th.

[www.tampabay.com]

Unless the Stones are playing the stadium on the 20th and it takes over 24 hours to remove the stage.

If the reporter's information about the field needing last minute improvements before the game isn't from a couple of weeks ago, it sounds like the Stones are playing the stadium on the 20th and not near Ciudad Deportiva and the Rays drew the short end of the straw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 20:28 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:23

I like your thinking GlimmerGirl24!

Date: February 29, 2016 20:27

chrism13
I like your thinking GlimmerGirl24!

We have ChrisK to thank for the Tampa Bay Rays woes when it comes to practicing in Cuba. smiling smiley

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:35

GlimmerGirl24
According to this article published on Saturday, the Tampa Bay Rays may not have access to the Latinoamericano Stadium on the 21st or the morning of the 22nd because last minute field improvements might be needed. I think I read last week that the Cuban baseball league's season ends in early March, so its unlikely it's a baseball game that is going to damage the field and I haven't come across any other events scheduled at the stadium for the weekend of the 18th.

[www.tampabay.com]

Unless the Stones are playing the stadium on the 20th and it takes over 24 hours to remove the stage.

If the reporter's information about the field needing last minute improvements before the game isn't from a couple of weeks ago, it sounds like the Stones are playing the stadium on the 20th and not near Ciudad Deportiva and the Rays drew the short end of the straw.

I sure as hell hope you're right !!! I'll buy you a beer and a rum in any Havana Bar you choose if you are !!!

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 29, 2016 20:58

chriseganstar

I sure as hell hope you're right !!! I'll buy you a beer and a rum in any Havana Bar you choose if you are !!!

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

It makes sense that the whole it's on again, off again for the past few weeks was the Stones and Rays battling out dibs on the stadium for the 21st and morning of the 22nd. The game has to be held at the stadium and on the 22nd if Obama is throwing out the first pitch. There is another stadium - but it holds less than 10k and is in poor condition - so the game can't be moved to another location or date.

If the Stones were balking on changing the date or moving locations - which it sounds like they were, otherwise why the on again, off again message those of us at the end of the food chain have been hearing? Someone had to take the short straw - either the Rays with no practice time in the stadium or the Stones moving to another location. In either scenario, it sounds like the concert remains on the 20th or 21st - dependent upon which venue the Stones are playing.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 29, 2016 21:24

GlimmerGirl24
chriseganstar

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

It makes sense that the whole it's on again, off again for the past few weeks was the Stones and Rays battling out dibs on the stadium for the 21st and morning of the 22nd. The game has to be held at the stadium and on the 22nd if Obama is throwing out the first pitch. There is another stadium - but it holds less than 10k and is in poor condition - so the game can't be moved to another location or date.

Great .... now getting tickets is going to be like a military exercise. I've always suspected that there won't be any internet sales due to the difficulties that presents with the CUC exchange differences and the internet being lousy in Cuba anyway, so cash only at point-of-sale beforehand it may well be !! Difficulty is going to be keeping abreast of the details with SIM card issues as well. My Casa owner should help here !

Looking forward to the Fan Fest in Porto Alegre tomorrow and of course the gig on Wednesday !

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

If the Stones were balking on changing the date or moving locations - which it sounds like they were, otherwise why the on again, off again message those of us at the end of the food chain have been hearing? Someone had to take the short straw - either the Rays with no practice time in the stadium or the Stones moving to another location. In either scenario, it sounds like the concert remains on the 20th or 21st - dependent upon which venue the Stones are playing.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 29, 2016 21:35

This whole Cuba thing is getting to be a headache. I can't see it being worth all the the speculation, anxiety and expense for a 2-hour concert. Even with a guaranteed ticket there will be little reward for the hassle of getting there and finding accommodation.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-01 00:20 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 22:52

It's all part of the Journey TornandFrayed!

Keep talking Glimmer Girl!!

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 1, 2016 00:50

The Rolling Stones Will Play Havana in March Say Cubans, Sources Say No Ink on Paper Yet
[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: March 1, 2016 01:01

not intending to make anyone jealous, I`m just glad to be in Havanna from March 10 to April 4. Hope that gives me a chance to get in on the act, if there`s one, and negotiate for tickets while I`m there. I`m white, non-cuban, non-american, never been there, completely unsure of what will happen. That`s great! Probably...

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 1, 2016 05:42

GlimmerGirl24

[www.tampabay.com]

I hope so much that is true!

Posted by: meck1211 ()
Date: March 1, 2016 10:44

[www.jungewelt.de]

once more the same

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 1, 2016 11:45

GlimmerGirl24

Raùl Castro has embraced the current and previous popes hoping it will help end the embargo. A few years ago he made Good Friday a public holiday. Around 60% of Cubans are Catholic, but a much smaller percentage attend mass weekly.

As long as the concert is held after 3pm, there shouldn't be an issue with the concert on the 25th, as long as it's not at the baseball stadium.

Although celebration of the Passion is traditionally at 3pm (in the evening in many churches), Good Friday is not over afterwards... Fasting continues for the rest of the day and a mood of silence and modesty are preserved until somewhere on Holy Saturday (mid-day or the Vigil of Easter depending on tradition). Even if many people don't stick to this tradition too much anymore, they might be offended if it's not respected by authorities.

Date: March 1, 2016 14:27

GlimmerGirl24. So does your message mean you think the concert is more likely to be on the 24 or 25 rather than the 20-21???? So confusing...Really trying to get there..

Date: March 1, 2016 14:41

chriseganstar
GlimmerGirl24

[www.tampabay.com]

Cheers,

Chriseganstar
GlimmerGirl24. THinking of just getting flights...If I book to return home on March 26 do you think I will be okay..any chance on the concert being March 26 and I would have missed it!

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: March 1, 2016 15:49

From NME:

"Local reports claim that The Rolling Stones will play a gig in Cuba during Easter week in March. Confirmation of the show was initially posted on a Cuban TV news Facebook page last week (February 26), then followed by an article in the official Communist party newspaper Granma, claiming the show 'will be a historic moment that will open the doors for other great bands to arrive in Havana.'"

NME Stones Cuba article

Date: March 1, 2016 16:07

leahoneill

GlimmerGirl24. THinking of just getting flights...If I book to return home on March 26 do you think I will be okay..any chance on the concert being March 26 and I would have missed it!

Leahoneill, I have no idea. I'm holding off on booking flights myself. If I had bought three weeks ago, my flights would have been $200 less and I could have flown Delta to Mexico (Delta raised the flights by $400) instead of Spirit with its crammed in seats and $100 worth of baggage fees.

Personally, I think the concert will be before the 26th because I wouldn't think they'd want to pay the crew and house them an extra week. But the Stones don't always follow logic. smiling smiley

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can still afford the airfare when we find out the date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-01 16:26 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: March 1, 2016 16:17

Thanks for your thoughts on flights, GlimmerGirl24. If you wouldn't mind to keep me posted. I need to purchase three tickets...at one point they were $1000 each..now $1600 oops.. But still Leah

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home