Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Date: February 27, 2016 21:28

Dont expect the same staging/rigging and sound you've seen on the rest of the Ole tour to be on this Cuban show. I predict a smaller stage, no LED displays and likely no 'B' stage. This will eliminate a lot of labor for a free and fast show.

Get in, Play, get out the same night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 11:13 by WestCoastPromotionMan.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2016 21:33

WestCoastPromotionMan
Dont expect the same staging/rigging and sound you've seen on the rest of the Ole tour to be on this Cuban show. I predict a smaller stage, no LED displays and likely no 'B' stage. This will eliminate a lot of labor for a free and fast show.

Get in, Play, get out the same night.

Zach

Who cares as long as the music is "Top"

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: February 27, 2016 21:34

Publico,
Portuguese newspaper confirme the show as well:

[www.publico.pt]

:-)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2016 22:17

Most publications copy other publications regarding these news. The true source is the Cuban site, saying the show is "confirmed". Just missing the date and the final details.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 27, 2016 22:23

I heard the 25th

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 27, 2016 22:24

So is it open air or in an arena?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 27, 2016 22:31

WestCoastPromotionMan

That's not correct. The band travels (by plane) with the same production setup (sound, lights, video screens, set, etc) for every stop on the tour. They always want to do a first-class show, same as everywhere else. Plus the show is being filmed so they'll want it to look good. The Stones don't do any second-rate shows, period.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-27 23:19 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2016 22:37

DREAMTIME
I heard the 25th

Should be possible. Any date should work fine, even if it is Easter days I suppose.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: February 27, 2016 22:42

Back on the roller coaster!

I'm looking at how to change my flights for the least cost! Still hoping to meet (you) bv & other IORR'ians in Havana!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 27, 2016 23:38

TornAndFried
WestCoastPromotionMan

That's not correct. The band travels (by plane) with the same production setup (sound, lights, video screens, set, etc) for every stop on the tour. They always want to do a first-class show, same as everywhere else. Plus the show is being filmed so they'll want it to look good. The Stones don't do any second-rate shows, period.

Well, in most cases you are right, but they sized down the stage at Hunter Valley for example. The stage did not even have full sized side screens. Was a great show anyway smiling smiley

Maybe they manage the logistics perfectly, but it could also be like Hunter Valley again:

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 27, 2016 23:49

Rock 'n' roll chairs >grinning smiley<

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 28, 2016 00:05

Los Rolling Stones ofrecerán concierto en Cuba

[www.cadenagramonte.cu]

"Havana, 27 Feb.- The Cuban Music Institute confirmed that the legendary British rock band Rolling Stones will give a concert in the capital in late March."

Google Translate of full article > [goo.gl]

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: February 28, 2016 01:03

hope not

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 28, 2016 01:19

hope so

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 28, 2016 03:36

LovingCupola

I'm looking at how to change my flights for the least cost! Still hoping to meet (you) bv & other IORR'ians in Havana!
Just arrived in Porto Alegre.....if the Havana show is on the 25th it will make things very expensive for me to change my return to London !!! Have to work out the logistics but it would not be easy !!!

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: February 28, 2016 04:40

chriseganstar
LovingCupola

Just arrived in Porto Alegre.....if the Havana show is on the 25th it will make things very expensive for me to change my return to London !!! Have to work out the logistics but it would not be easy !!!

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

I am happy to hear you arrived safely in Porto Alegra - looking forward to your report on the show! As for Cuba, my hostess says she can still accommodate me if I change my dates (phew!) but has no confirmed date for the show itself to report. Additionally she said Paul McCartney & U2 "also will come later"

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 28, 2016 04:57

I will definitely travel from Vietnam for this show come hell or high water! My wife says 'go'. God bless her!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: February 28, 2016 10:35

My dream is to scope the Stones in Havana

My dream is to have that dream come true.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: February 28, 2016 12:39

Any idea if outside of Cuba people will actually be able to purchase tickets to the Cuba concert????

Date: February 28, 2016 13:48

GlimmerGirl24...you have been right all along...any idea of my previous message as to whether we (outside Cuba) will be able to purchase tickets.. Doesn't make sense to purchase flights (very, very expensive from Ireland) if we can't see the concert..??????

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: February 28, 2016 13:48

Where do you load photos ? I found pictures of the 10 000 seats Estadio Santiago “Changa” Mederos at Ciudad Deportiva.

Thanks.

Date: February 28, 2016 13:50

GlimmerGirl... Just sent a general message to you as to whether on not you believe those outside Cuba will be able to purchase tickets...Can't invest in flights x 3 persons..very costly from Ireland...unless we can actually attend concert..if you understand..:-)))

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 28, 2016 19:58

I'm so screwed if they change the date. Have to be back at work and it's a new job sad smiley

Date: February 28, 2016 21:07

hoping for an excellent show and film!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-01 23:01 by WestCoastPromotionMan.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 28, 2016 21:27

The later in March or anytime April would suit me fine, if I decide to do Cuba.
It would be the icing on the cake for me after my four gigs in Brazil. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 28, 2016 22:36

WestCoastPromotionMan
If it was being produced as a concert film the secret would be out already, too many permits, equipment and techs to fly in for a production of that level. Crews and gear are booked months in advance.

I'm sticking with my above statement, Stripped down show.

How do you know that the film crews are not already booked? If it is to be a secret then the crew members would be required to sign a NDA which would prevent them from posting on social media. The show is going to be filmed for a documentary.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 03:31 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 28, 2016 22:45

sarahunwin
I'm so screwed if they change the date. Have to be back at work and it's a new job sad smiley
I just wish we knew the date for sure to put us all out of our misery !!
Doubt I can make it any date after the 24th without costing an awful lot of money.

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 02:49

WestCoastPromotionMan
If it was being produced as a concert film the secret would be out already, too many permits, equipment and techs to fly in for a production of that level. Crews and gear are booked months in advance.

I'm sticking with my above statement, Stripped down show.

I have heard through the grapevine that a source is saying a film crew has been hired for Havana. The source is one I'd trust on this matter, so I'd say there's a 90% chance the rumor that the concert is being filmed is correct.

We know this concert has been in the planning stages since late last summer and most likely last winter. Just because Keith took until September to mention it - it doesn't mean the planning didn't start six months prior to that or even an year prior.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 02:53 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: February 29, 2016 03:09

leahoneill
GlimmerGirl... Just sent a general message to you as to whether on not you believe those outside Cuba will be able to purchase tickets...Can't invest in flights x 3 persons..very costly from Ireland...unless we can actually attend concert..if you understand..:-)))

I can't see non-Cubans being banned from attending the concert, especially since there are tour groups including a ticket to this concert in the package. But there are embargo issues with selling to US citizens on US soil or the Internet. Those issues can be gotten around, but whether the Stones would do that to hold an internet sale, I haven't heard. One would think they'd want people there who have been to previous Stones concerts who get the audience throwing their arms into the air and singing the woo hoos. smiling smiley

I'm planning that if I go, I'm scrambling for a ticket once I'm in Havana. My fingers are crossed that tickets are held back to sell/distribute at the box office for non-Cubans. If not, there will probably be Cubans who obtained tickets to sell on the street. I think I read Cubans scalp baseball tickets to tourists.

And if it's in a field, there's probably a nearby sidewalk where one can hear the concert. smiling smiley

Date wise, I've heard it's still the 20th through the grapevine, but I don't know who the grapevine's source is - so there's probably a 50% chance it's the 20th or 21st. smiling smiley

Date: February 29, 2016 03:11

montreal1
Where do you load photos ? I found pictures of the 10 000 seats Estadio Santiago “Changa” Mederos at Ciudad Deportiva.

Thanks.

Upload to photobucket, then copy the share url to post here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 05:48 by GlimmerGirl24.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home