Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Date: February 26, 2016 00:10

Mr.D
For those of you who are interested Bruce has remastered the soundboard of his opening night The River Tour in Pittsburgh! The original was a little muddy in spots, this one is MUCH better! Here are WT links:

Will be deleted on
3 March, 2016
Download link
[we.tl]

Thanks, but this is only 'Shout'.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 26, 2016 01:24

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Mr.D
For those of you who are interested Bruce has remastered the soundboard of his opening night The River Tour in Pittsburgh! The original was a little muddy in spots, this one is MUCH better! Here are WT links:

Will be deleted on
3 March, 2016
Download link
[we.tl]

Thanks, but this is only 'Shout'.

I put the other link up, sorry! Thirty-three songs fit on the first one, had to send Shout seperatly.

Re: Springsteen Ticket Policy - The way forward
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2016 01:31

straycatuk
Aquamarine
The only problem with this method is when you, the lead booker, find yourself unable to attend and are unable to sell the ticket (without great difficulty, anyway). I recently had this issue. Not all ticket resales are nefarious or for profit.

To Aqua and Treacle -

If you can't attend for genuine reasons it's unfortunate, but as you say there is a way around it (admittedly with great difficulty) and if I was to buy a pair of tickets at around £200 as a gift I would probably know / trust the recipient well enough to lend them my card to gain access.

sc uk

True...but do you have to result to fraud now, to go to a show. Why can't they figure out a solution that doesn't involve you having to release your Visa card to someone else for the night, to impersonate you, so that you can give them a gift. I had to do this exact thing recently, buying my wife and sister tickets to a show, praying they wouldn't look at the name on the card.

It's ridiculous. Worst is, I didn't even know this was their new 'strategy' until after I bought the tickets, or I wouldn't even have bothered.

BESIDES, sometimes your plans change, there's a family emergency or whatever. If they're really that concerned, then they should allow you to resell your tickets back to the venue...but they won't do that will they because then THEY take on some risk.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: February 26, 2016 03:29

The scalpers are still getting and selling tickets. I've heard that they're using prepaid visa cards to get round the restrictions. They give you the visa card with the tickets.
I tried for 3 separate shows on the days of release (DC, Baltimore and Greensboro) and didn't get a sniff. Meanwhile Stubhub and the like are full of tickets at multiples of the original price.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 26, 2016 05:47

The credit card thing isn't ideal, but something needs to be done. In all honesty I hope resellers have bought tickets in bulk and get well and truly burnt.

I think tickets should be returnable. I'm sure face value tickets will resell instantly, so what's the problem with venues / promoters allowing that ?

sc uk

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 26, 2016 10:56

Mr.D

Will be deleted on
3 March, 2016
Download link
[we.tl]

Will be deleted on
3 March, 2016
Download link
[we.tl]

Thnx for sharing!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 26, 2016 11:08

Thanks for the share !

sc uk

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 26, 2016 12:10

straycatuk
The credit card thing isn't ideal, but something needs to be done. In all honesty I hope resellers have bought tickets in bulk and get well and truly burnt.
n't
I think tickets should be returnable. I'm sure face value tickets will resell instantly, so what's the problem with venues / promoters allowing that ?

sc uk

The problem for the venue is that scalpers buy their tickets on spec - and will take a loss if they can't resell them at a profit. Under the return-to-venue proposal, all the scalper has to do is to return the unsaleable tickets and let the venue take the bath instead of him. Can't see venues agreeing to this.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 26, 2016 15:42

Blows my mind watching him tonight in buffalo. Ageless wonder

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 26, 2016 17:43

By now you should have received my thanks, Mr.D!

Remaster has less crowd noise, two seconds at the start and 42 seconds at the end.

Haven't listened to it yet, but the remaster looks less brickwalled; a big thank you to the producers/engeneers!

Can't wait to playing it this evening!

Thanks again Mr.D and thank you too, Bruce!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 27, 2016 02:32

A buddy of mine who lives in Buffalo went to the concert last night to see Bruce. He had never seen him before and was raving about it saying it was one of the best concerts he has seen in recent memory.

Can't wait to see Bruce in Rochester tomorrow night!

Date: February 27, 2016 04:05

Bruce is unbelievable live. Hand slapping all the time.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 27, 2016 12:29

I am so very pleased to finally get my hands on the new remixed Pittsburgh-show! The first release was terrible, Bruce Springsteen was hardly audible most of the time. I hope this one is better now.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 27, 2016 19:38

Sighunt
A buddy of mine who lives in Buffalo went to the concert last night to see Bruce. He had never seen him before and was raving about it saying it was one of the best concerts he has seen in recent memory.

I drove by the arena the night of the show to check things out. It was a very orderly crowd hustling down the streets to get into the show. At about 7:45 most people were in with a few stragglers. What I did notice was a pretty good amount of tickets available from scalpers. A couple I asked were selling seats for $50 each.

Date: February 28, 2016 03:11

The Sicilian
Sighunt

I drove by the arena the night of the show to check things out. It was a very orderly crowd hustling down the streets to get into the show. At about 7:45 most people were in with a few stragglers. What I did notice was a pretty good amount of tickets available from scalpers. A couple I asked were selling seats for $50 each.
Hard to believe that seats were going for 50.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 28, 2016 17:11

Rendezvous would have fit better on the River Album as opposed to The ties that bind.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 28, 2016 21:28

The Sicilian
Sighunt

Oh My Gosh. I just don't know what it is about my hometown that makes for GREAT Springsteen shows, whether it be the audiences or the smaller 13,000 venue he played in, but last night's show (and the review from Backstreets) supports what my hunch is: so far, the Rochester show was arguably one of the best of the tour so far (and possibly due to it being Jake Clemon's birthday). Besides clocking in at over 3 hours, Bruce and company played definitive versions off of the River album-the tunes sounding fresh and vital like they were being played for the first time. After that emotional roller coaster ride was over, Bruce and company tore into hot versions of Night, NO Surrender, and a particularly incendiary version of Because the Night with Nils Lofgren on solo guitar. It was a truly memorable show with Bruce and company putting in 110%.

Posted by: dgiorr ()
Date: March 4, 2016 23:42

I'm a bigger Stones fan than Springsteen fan (love both though).

Looked forward to seeing him last week, truly, but there was a big "bucket list" element to it; I'd never seen him before, somehow. So though looking forward to it, there was a sense of obligation as well.

Let me tell you, it was amazing.

Springsteen at his 80s peak, like Dylan at his 60s/70s peak, never had a classic "great singing voice." But the Bruce voice has remained consistent for his whole career (save for veering into Woody Guthrie twang 10 years ago or so); Dylan hasn't even pretended to "sing" for 20 years. If you're going to see either, you're going for reasons other than their classic great voice.

I will never forget this show. I've seen too many concerts, over too long a span, to have a definite "best show ever" but this would be in strong contention.

The energy level is amazing. So is Mick's, but Mick gets more breaks in a show than Bruce does - Bruce takes none.

Bruce had some good spoken intros before a few songs, but mostly, they'd wrap one to thunderous applause, and he'd immediately count off and they'd be plowing into the next song. Sustaining that pace for 3 1/2 hours is hard. Even the "break" before the encore was maybe 30 seconds. For which I give him credit. Everyone KNEW he was going to play an encore, so rather than milk the crowd for a long time, just darken the lights, towel off, chug some water, and get right back at it.

Clarence Clemons was an icon, but Jake already deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as his uncle - or as Bobby Keys for that matter. Musically he's awesome, and as a stage presence, so good that every sax break, I'd divert my eyes from the stage to the video screen to watch him in closeup.

Nils Lofgren and Stevie VanZandt are great guitarists too. The interplay between Stevie and Bruce, friends for 2/3 of their lives, is magic. Nils' shredding solo on "Because the Night," where he finishes by spinning wildly, is something not forgotten.

Max Weinberg is as vital to the band as Charlie is to the Stones.

One surprise from the show was "Drive All Night."

On the River album, this might be my least favorite song. It's not bad; it's just forgettable. So when it was time for that in the concert, I just sat down and appreciated the chance to take a break before the liveliest part of the show was to begin.

Then Jake and his sax came in. And about halfway through, Stevie started harmonizing, singing "don't cry now" in accompaniment to Bruce's main part. It was one of the most beautiful songs of the night, and I've watched several renditions from the tour since, and it's been consistently great all tour.

I can't say it enough - I LOVE the Stones. But I have had essentially no interest in attending any of their shows of the past 30 years, and even watching video footage on youtube, their 1981 and before performances dwarf their more recent ones (in my book).

By contrast, I have now spent more post-concert time savoring footage from this Springsteen tour, than the 3 1/2 hours I spent enjoying his show. There might be this or that more "raw" or "urgent" rendition from decades ago, the first times he played these songs, but they hold up 100% well today as he does them.

I'm not saying that Springsteen is better. Stones will always be #1 in my book. But to me, Springsteen's shows, any year, any decade, just consistently stand on their own, with no age-related decline, and are must sees.

If you "only like" Bruce, and "even think" he might be worth seeing, go. You'll be happy you did. And if you don't like him, don't go. Not everyone has to, of course!

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: March 5, 2016 03:37

It was an incredible show last night in Milw., full of inspired moments: Jake's sax solo during Jungleland, Nils spinning guitar solo during Because the Night and Bruce into and above the audience. The stories gave context to the album and the band's relationship with Milwaukee going back to the bomb scare show ("Are you loose?). The only problem is many newbies will be unfamiliar with The River aside from Hungry Heart (as were the two younger fans next to us), so it was more for long time fans. New fans were treated to "the hits" post-River, however, and that was a dozen songs after the album treatment. Epic stuff.

Date: March 5, 2016 11:35

The show from Albany is now available for download.

Official advert goes like this:

Times Union Center
Albany, NY

Bruce Springsteen – Lead vocal, electric and acoustic guitars, harmonica; Roy Bittan – Piano, electric keyboards; Jake Clemons – Saxophones, percussion, vocal; Charlie Giordano – Organ, electric keyboards; Nils Lofgren – Electric and acoustic guitar, pedal steel, vocal; Patti Scialfa – vocal, acoustic guitar, percussion; Garry Tallent – Bass; Soozie Tyrell – Acoustic guitar, violin, percussion, vocal; Stevie Van Zandt – Electric guitars, mandolin, vocal; Max Weinberg – Drums
Recorded by: John Cooper
Mixed by Jon Altschiller, assisted by Danielle Warman
Post-Production: Brad Serling and Micah Gordon
Additional engineering: Rob Lebret
Production supervisor: Toby Scott
Artwork design: Michelle Holme
Photo by David Gahr
Tour Director: George Travis
Jon Landau Management:Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, Jan Stabile, Alison Oscar, Laura Kraus

As far as I know, Patti Scialfa was not on stage in Albany!??

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: March 5, 2016 16:32

roryg
It was an incredible show last night in Milw., full of inspired moments: Jake's sax solo during Jungleland, Nils spinning guitar solo during Because the Night and Bruce into and above the audience. The stories gave context to the album and the band's relationship with Milwaukee going back to the bomb scare show ("Are you loose?). The only problem is many newbies will be unfamiliar with The River aside from Hungry Heart (as were the two younger fans next to us), so it was more for long time fans. New fans were treated to "the hits" post-River, however, and that was a dozen songs after the album treatment. Epic stuff.

And that's what I love -- he rewards the hardcore fans.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 5, 2016 18:12

Rank Stranger
The show from Albany is now available for download.

Official advert goes like this:

Times Union Center
Albany, NY

Bruce Springsteen – Lead vocal, electric and acoustic guitars, harmonica; Roy Bittan – Piano, electric keyboards; Jake Clemons – Saxophones, percussion, vocal; Charlie Giordano – Organ, electric keyboards; Nils Lofgren – Electric and acoustic guitar, pedal steel, vocal; Patti Scialfa – vocal, acoustic guitar, percussion; Garry Tallent – Bass; Soozie Tyrell – Acoustic guitar, violin, percussion, vocal; Stevie Van Zandt – Electric guitars, mandolin, vocal; Max Weinberg – Drums
Recorded by: John Cooper
Mixed by Jon Altschiller, assisted by Danielle Warman
Post-Production: Brad Serling and Micah Gordon
Additional engineering: Rob Lebret
Production supervisor: Toby Scott
Artwork design: Michelle Holme
Photo by David Gahr
Tour Director: George Travis
Jon Landau Management:Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, Jan Stabile, Alison Oscar, Laura Kraus

As far as I know, Patti Scialfa was not on stage in Albany!??
Probably a mistype. I believe she was onstage for the first few shows, and then dropped off. She seems to come and go as she likes on the Bruce's last few tours. I think some of it has to do with their daughter's horse riding career.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 5, 2016 23:34

And now he's playing my city, just as the Stones did 10 years ago. I'm going! It'll be my first time.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 5, 2016 23:58

This tour makes up for me for the time I had a show ticket and then sprained my ankle--I knew I couldn't sit down through a Bruce show so elected not to go, and then learned later that for the first time in ages he'd done a bunch of River (my favorite Bruce album) songs. Crushed. But now I get a second chance! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 6, 2016 00:35

Aquamarine
This tour makes up for me for the time I had a show ticket and then sprained my ankle--I knew I couldn't sit down through a Bruce show so elected not to go, and then learned later that for the first time in ages he'd done a bunch of River (my favorite Bruce album) songs. Crushed. But now I get a second chance! smiling bouncing smiley

Good for you, Aquamarine! I hope you enjoy it. I'm 3 weeks out from my show. Going by myself as my friend will be out of town. I can't stand for a 3.5 hour show but I think I lucked onto a seat that will work ok for me. Will be quite an extended weekend. Bruce on Thursday & Iggy on Monday. I'm charging the batteries now!

smileys with beerRe: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 6, 2016 04:52

crholmstrom
Aquamarine

Good for you, Aquamarine! I hope you enjoy it. I'm 3 weeks out from my show. Going by myself as my friend will be out of town. I can't stand for a 3.5 hour show but I think I lucked onto a seat that will work ok for me. Will be quite an extended weekend. Bruce on Thursday & Iggy on Monday. I'm charging the batteries now!

I'm seeing Bruce and then Iggy two days later! smileys with beer

Re: smileys with beerRe: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 6, 2016 12:22

Aquamarine
crholmstrom
Aquamarine

I'm seeing Bruce and then Iggy two days later! smileys with beer

Bruce is a decent opening act for Iggy, haha.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 7, 2016 18:12

The Boston (Feb 4) show is also up now, though I have not heard it yet; I am waiting for my cd to arrive! Bruce's live stuff is fabulous, so many great shows available on his site.

Date: March 7, 2016 21:12

Let me quote someone from the Backstreet site:

"It was also apparent that Bruce has thought hard as to how he's going to
communicate to the audience. Gone are any "preacher raps" of the last dozen years.
Bruce talks a lot more to the crowd, and it's very much in the voice of the characters.
As Springsteen wraps up the album performance during "Wreck on the Highway,"
he gives the audience a postscript of sorts, summing up his intentions.
Again he's speaking in the straightforward voice we heard in the 1984/1985
live renditions of "Racing in the Street" ("So that was the night that we left.
We don't know where we're going yet, but I guess that will come in time...." )

Stevie's contributions are piling up, too, beyond the expected "Two Hearts"
palling around or "Ramrod" roadhousing, as his commitment
to this material really shines through. More of these songs are becoming duets:
whether it's his vocals or his guitar, Steve is constantly right there
as a regular counterpoint to Bruce. His 12-string and his harmonies on "Fade Away"
(that's one to cue up when the NYC download drops),
his noir guitar on "Point Blank"... "Drive All Night"
is turning into another Bruce & Stevie showcase too.

The reason these particular shows are so wonderful is the level
that the E Street Band is playing at. The old adage "addition by subtraction"
seems to apply on this tour. Without the extraneous vocals, percussion,
and horns, you get to the core of what the E Street Band can be about.
More than the Magic tour or any I can think of,
this is very much their garage band tour.

Part of this comes from the material they are featuring.
Back when the High Hopes album was released,
DJ Rich Russo tweeted (and I'm paraphrasing)
"I prefer the arguments Steven lost to the ones Tom won."
The subtext of this tour is about Steve Van Zandt
as band leader and consigliere. Watching Steven on stage Thursday night,
there were a number of times that he was truly basking in the crowd.
After "Shout," while Bruce was off to the side holding hands with Patti
and waving to the crowd, Steven was front and center, nodding up and down,
hands outstretched like Pope Francis reveling in the reception they were getting.
While the second half of the show is what drove the crowd wild,
it's the performance of The River that is the diamond of this tour."

Exactly my feelings.
Just listening to Boston, a very strong show.
Steve is THE driving force again.

Man how I wish the RS had a powerful RHYTHM guitar player these days!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 9, 2016 23:00

Looking at these tour dates i'm reminded how lucky I am to get to see these shows indoors in arenas rather than outdoors in gigantic stadiums like in Europe. The Boss is just too damn popular of there now!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home