Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102
Current Page: 102 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 22:21

Anyone going to Syracuse tonight?

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 19, 2024 02:54

I’ll be in Columbus Sunday night for the last US show of this leg of the tour.

Date: April 19, 2024 06:15

I’ll do a complete write up when I can. Standing in line for the shuttle to the car atm. For anyone who says that the religious experience is no more, that was not the case for me tonight!!!! And I am soooo glad. Came at a much needed time for me personally and there’s no one in the biz who creates that feeling besides The Boss. God Bless Bruce!! Great setlist too!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 15:42 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: April 19, 2024 15:15

Syracuse, NY 4/18/24

Soundcheck: Darlington county

Start: 7:50pm

1. Lonesome Day

2. Night

3. No Surrender

4. Two Hearts

5. Darlington County

6. GROWIN’ UP (played by sign request)

7. Ghosts

8. The Promised Land

9. Spirit In The Night

10.Hungry Heart

11. Atlantic City

12. My City Of Ruins

13. Nightshift

14. Last Man Standing

15. Backstreets

16. Because The Night

17. She’s The One

18. Wrecking Ball

19. The Rising

20. Badlands

21. Thunder Road

22. Born To Run

23. Glory Days

24. Dancing In The Dark

25. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

26. Twist and Shout (sign request)

27. Detroit Medley

28. I’ll See You In My Dreams

End: 10:39 pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 15:16 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 19, 2024 15:25

It seems he's picking out a request sign or two each show.

Date: April 19, 2024 15:43

Tell me another band who can do that?!?!? Who knows music so well to be able to just play whatever at the drop of a dime, on a whim like that?!?!? I was amazed at their doing it a few years ago. I would LOVE a boxset release of all those covers! Can't wait to order last night's show!!! Just a special, special night.

Date: April 19, 2024 15:50

Bruce and the band have some technology on stage to assist them. winking smiley

The lyrics and other cues are fed to the teleprompters along with the song's key. The keyboard players have chord charts on iPads on top of their instruments.

But of course, this doesn't take anything away from their talent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 16:10 by Topi.

Date: April 19, 2024 16:17

OK fair enough, but you'd have to play without rehearsing? I assume that's what they're doing. I mean geez look how long it takes the boys to get into shape and they play 80% of the same damn songs year after year!!! I prefer the variation and spontaneity of a Bruce show to the ho-hum of the same ol' stale Stones show, personally. But I'm still going. Can't wait for MY right after the Keef set. Just feel like there's way more thought put into the setlists with the E Street. And by that I mean when it comes to mixing things up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 16:17 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: April 19, 2024 16:20

Yes, I definitely agree on that. The fact that Bruce can just call an audible and change the setlist on the fly is what can make a show special, technology or not. As you say, spontaneity. That's been the thing with Bruce for me more than anything.

Date: April 19, 2024 16:33

And the whole religious experience. Both times now I've left feeling like I've been wrapped in the arms of God for a couple of hours.

Date: April 19, 2024 16:34

Almost three hours! winking smiley

Date: April 19, 2024 17:49

Indeed! First time was roughly 4!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 19, 2024 20:18

VoodooLounge13
And the whole religious experience. Both times now I've left feeling like I've been wrapped in the arms of God for a couple of hours.

A simple case of self hypnosis here, but hey......

Date: April 19, 2024 21:17

MKjan
VoodooLounge13

I'm not the only one to have these feelings/experiences - hell even people leaving last night were talking about it, and it was NOWHERE near the level it was in '03 in NJ.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 19, 2024 21:31

VoodooLounge13
MKjan
VoodooLounge13

I'm not the only one to have these feelings/experiences - hell even people leaving last night were talking about it, and it was NOWHERE near the level it was in '03 in NJ.

I live in upstate NY and was seriously thinking of going to the Syracuse show, but I have seen Bruce something like 15 times since 1984. However, it is not a case of self-hypnosis. Bruce's concerts are a sort of a religious, cathartic, emotional experience that leaves you feeling rejuvenated for several days/weeks. Several people I know went to that show last night (even first timers) who walked out of there saying that that was one of the best rock shows they have ever seen in their life!

I will always love the Stones, having followed them since the early 1970's. I have some great memories of shows I have been fortunate enough to attend, but I have to concede that Bruce's shows are on another level. I don't want to get into a debate about what bands is better or Stones vs. Springsteen, especially being on a Stones fan site LOL. It really is an apples and oranges kinda thing. There is a reason that Bruce has lasted this long and has such a loyal following....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 21:35 by Sighunt.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 19, 2024 21:49

Sighunt
Several people I know went to that show last night (even first timers) who walked out of there saying that that was one of the best rock shows they have ever seen in their life!
People these days enjoy being hyperbolic. Its all either the "best ever" or "worst ever" and they like to post it on social media as a kind of badge of honor. If you think Bruce Springsteen in 2024 is one of the best rock shows you've ever seen then, with no disrespect to the boss, I don't think you've seen a lot of rock shows.

I'm a very big Bruce fan and I went to 2 shows last year. The setlist is unfortunately almost a handpicked one of so many songs I'd not need to hear again in concert. No Surrender, Because The Night, Wrecking Ball, etc. Having said that, I left both shows (which were very similar), completely happy and thrilled. Its a great "show" and thats not taking anything away from Bruce. He knows how to turn it on and he does it well that I know he's playing mostly the same stuff every night and he still sells it to me like thats not the case. Bravo to him. I left feeling like its an excellent show, but I wouldn't say its a religious experience. However, I really liked it so I understand if to some, especially that don't see him a lot, that religious experience is not an exaggeration. I'm very glad for those people.

These shows seem really good. I think people are talking up this year's too much already, cause they really aren't that different, but if its making people happy then all power to them. I guess I'm sounding like a stick in the mud, which I'm not meaning to be. Bruce still puts on a very good show. I don't think its anywhere near the level and excitement of his shows 15 years ago. Hell, I don't think its as exciting as the ones 8 years ago. But they are still going and if this is the farewell with the E Street Band he's doing it well. Its just hard to compare to any recent days to me, let alone the glory years.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 19, 2024 23:35

RollingFreak
Sighunt
Several people I know went to that show last night (even first timers) who walked out of there saying that that was one of the best rock shows they have ever seen in their life!
People these days enjoy being hyperbolic. Its all either the "best ever" or "worst ever" and they like to post it on social media as a kind of badge of honor. If you think Bruce Springsteen in 2024 is one of the best rock shows you've ever seen then, with no disrespect to the boss, I don't think you've seen a lot of rock shows.

I'm a very big Bruce fan and I went to 2 shows last year. The setlist is unfortunately almost a handpicked one of so many songs I'd not need to hear again in concert. No Surrender, Because The Night, Wrecking Ball, etc. Having said that, I left both shows (which were very similar), completely happy and thrilled. Its a great "show" and thats not taking anything away from Bruce. He knows how to turn it on and he does it well that I know he's playing mostly the same stuff every night and he still sells it to me like thats not the case. Bravo to him. I left feeling like its an excellent show, but I wouldn't say its a religious experience. However, I really liked it so I understand if to some, especially that don't see him a lot, that religious experience is not an exaggeration. I'm very glad for those people.

These shows seem really good. I think people are talking up this year's too much already, cause they really aren't that different, but if its making people happy then all power to them. I guess I'm sounding like a stick in the mud, which I'm not meaning to be. Bruce still puts on a very good show. I don't think its anywhere near the level and excitement of his shows 15 years ago. Hell, I don't think its as exciting as the ones 8 years ago. But they are still going and if this is the farewell with the E Street Band he's doing it well. Its just hard to compare to any recent days to me, let alone the glory years.

Rolling, I certainly agree with some of your observations. I chose not to go to Syracuse last night because I know from experience that Bruce was not going to deliver for me what I witnessed from his heyday. But then again, how could he? However, for the people that I knew that went for the first time (and had no other Bruce shows to relate to), their experience was extremely positive, commenting to me that it was one of the best shows they had ever seen. Their words, not mine.

Date: April 20, 2024 04:22

Sighunt
RollingFreak
Sighunt

Rolling, I certainly agree with some of your observations. I chose not to go to Syracuse last night because I know from experience that Bruce was not going to deliver for me what I witnessed from his heyday. But then again, how could he? However, for the people that I knew that went for the first time (and had no other Bruce shows to relate to), their experience was extremely positive, commenting to me that it was one of the best shows they had ever seen. Their words, not mine.

I completely believe it, and again, I thought the shows I saw last year were great and I walked out saying "there's nothing wrong with this show he's delivering now. Its a great night of rock and roll." I think best shows they've ever seen is a symptom of the modern times, for the reasons I already mentioned. Maybe some of them feel it genuinely, but a lot just rank things best or worst these days. I don't blame them, but I also don't take it as fact from a large group. Thats just me, I think its just so exaggerated a statement. But again, very glad they had fun.

Date: April 20, 2024 15:00

I for one didn’t say it was one of the best shows I’d ever seen. Just that the t still had that religious aspect to it. Nothing will touch that night in Jersey on The Rising tour. If you’ve never seen him I can see why you’d say one of the best shows ever. Same for the Stones but they haven’t been top shelf for me since early in the ABB tour with all the special effects and outfits still. And even that pales to NS and B2B.

Date: April 22, 2024 09:59

Three tour debuts last night in Columbus.

Youngstown (hey, they were in Ohio), Streets of Fire and I'm Goin' Down.

Europe next. Cardiff on May 5th.

Date: April 22, 2024 13:21

Would have loved Youngstown!!! My favorite Bruce song!!!

Date: April 24, 2024 02:55

Getting Streets Of Fire and I'm Goin Down back to back really makes me wish this set kept opening up. It really feels like its right about to explode. I know he's got a show and theme he's trying to do, and I totally respect that, but if he added two more slots in the show for some wild cards (keep the different openers each night, keep the Streets Of Fire/I'm Goin Down slot before Last Man Standing, add one in about 5 songs into the show with a two song mystery double punch, and then a rotating slot in the encore) and it really feels like this show would please everyone. The theme he's trying to do, casuals and hardcores.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102
Current Page: 102 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home