Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 31, 2016 12:24

Rank Stranger
Nice to hear you saw them in Seattle and really loved it.

I can only comment on the shows, that are available for download;
but I read a rave review from the Seattle concert.

"Bobby Jean" is one of my favourite Springsteen songs, sort of a hidden gem on the "BITUSA" LP, and I'm not ( yet ) in the mood to forgive Eddie Vedder that he messed up the lyrics!

All parties seemed to be having fun though, despite the flub. Earlier in the evening E Street tried to extend "Crush On You" & it blew up hugely. Bruce laughed it off & they pulled it back from the carnage, haha. It was that kind of night. I'm not huge on BITU but "I'm Going Down" was really good, also. I've preordered the cd of the show as it will be a good souvenir. Most likely, my final go round with Bruce unless he gives "Darkness" the same treatment that "The River" is getting. Really liked the stripped down band like the old days. BTW, Jake Clemmons is a really fine sax player & coming into his own as a performer. His uncle would be proud, I think.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 31, 2016 17:27

Rank Stranger
Currently listening to the show from Buffalo, and let me tell you it is another "on " show; it's a very powerful performance again, which gets even more rocking once they finished The River and start with the "rest" of the show.
I'm very impressed with the energy level on all the shows from 2016 I have heard, only minor letdown is the one from Cleveland.
My favourites so far: Pittsburgh, Chicago and Boston!

I know that I might be slightly biased (LOL), but the show that Bruce played in my hometown of Rochester, NY was considered by many who had attended multiple shows (at least up to that point) to be among the best of the tour....

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 31, 2016 17:49

[

I know that I might be slightly biased (LOL), but the show that Bruce played in my hometown of Rochester, NY was considered by many who had attended multiple shows (at least up to that point) to be among the best of the tour....[/quote]

Brooklyn still remains!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 31, 2016 19:01

Sighunt, when I wrote about Buffalo and other concerts, I had not yet listened to Rochester.
It is indeed a very good show, too!

If you send me an email pretty soon, I might have something for you! smoking smiley

Date: March 31, 2016 19:09

crholmstrom
I'm not huge on BITU but "I'm Going Down" was really good, also.
Really liked the stripped down band like the old days.

Yes, I said so in this thread a while back, I really like the stripped down band too!
As for "I'm Going Down", maybe you like the version from Rochester as well;
check your email in a few minutes!

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 31, 2016 19:49

Mr.D
I have all the soundboards from this tour thru Sunrise which was just released yesterday, I can send them to you on Dropbox, email me.

Do you have the St. Paul show ?

Date: March 31, 2016 19:57

Rank Stranger
Sighunt, when I wrote about Buffalo and other concerts, I had not yet listened to Rochester.
It is indeed a very good show, too!

If you send me an email pretty soon, I might have something for you! smoking smiley

My e-mail is ssigel@rochester.rr.com.
PS- I just acquired the Rochester show from Mr. D who was quite kind to send it to me.

Date: March 31, 2016 20:03

Then you don't need "my" link, enjoy the show!!

Date: March 31, 2016 20:14

Rank Stranger
Then you don't need "my" link, enjoy the show!!

Rank Stranger- thank you for thinking of me. You and others on this site are very awesome and thoughtful.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 31, 2016 20:22

Haven't seen him in ten years. Haven't seen with the band since '03. Used to be I never missed a tour. Going in a couple of weeks.If the quit selling been before "Drive All Night" I'm gonna be ticked.

Date: April 1, 2016 18:31

Currently listening to cd01 from St.Paul; man, they really rock!
The building is called ENERGY Center, nuff said!

It also seems to me, that the bass guitar is very well recorded this time, never heard it that clearly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-01 21:36 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:14

Date: April 1, 2016 21:38

superglen
[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 00:25

Ticket drop alert: floors avail for Detroit, Columbus, Greensboro

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 13:43

rbk
......If the quit selling been before "Drive All Night" I'm gonna be ticked.

Uh, what?????

Rod

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 6, 2016 19:15

I think he meant "beer".

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 7, 2016 03:30

Dallas last night was awesome--what a showman. smiling smiley First time I'd seen them without Clarence, and while of course it's not the same, Jake Clemons did a very good job and has some real stage presence. Bruce himself was as phenomenal as always.

Date: April 7, 2016 08:47

Aquamarine
Dallas last night was awesome--what a showman. smiling smiley First time I'd seen them without Clarence, and while of course it's not the same, Jake Clemons did a very good job and has some real stage presence. Bruce himself was as phenomenal as always.

Glad you had a good time!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 7, 2016 18:56

While there will never be another "Big Man", I do believe that Jake was put on this earth for one reason..... to follow in his uncle's footsteps.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 7, 2016 19:35

BluzDude
While there will never be another "Big Man", I do believe that Jake was put on this earth for one reason..... to follow in his uncle's footsteps.

And kid you better get the picture

Date: April 8, 2016 23:18

Greensboro cancelled due to the new anti LGBT law in North Carolina

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.

- Bruce Springsteen, April 8th, 2016

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:25

I wonder if other bands might start cancelling shows in North Carolina too? Earlier this week, Lionsgate Entertainment announced that they're moving the filming of a new TV series from North Carolina up here to Vancouver because of the new law.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:39

mnewman505
Greensboro cancelled due to the new anti LGBT law in North Carolina

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.

- Bruce Springsteen, April 8th, 2016
Good for him.

Threatened corporate boycotts by, among others, Disney/Marvel and the production team behind The Walking Dead forced the Republican governor of Georgia to veto a similar law.

The threat of losing money goes a lot further than appeals to basic human empathy in America.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:47

Here's the MSG show on video

[youtu.be]

Date: April 8, 2016 23:48

keefriff99
The threat of losing money goes a lot further than appeals to basic human empathy in America.
Truth

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:50

And Newark (which I'm going to get on BD)

[youtu.be]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 9, 2016 00:06

I can understand moving the filming of a show to another state for said reason, but cancelling a concert hurts the fans more than anything else.

Date: April 9, 2016 00:26

BluzDude
I can understand moving the filming of a show to another state for said reason, but cancelling a concert hurts the fans more than anything else.

It raises awareness though. Will be big news. Unfortunate for fans but they are voters. Maybe will spark some movement & get some cavemen out of office. The evidence would say probably not though. I'm not going to get into politics but the frontrunners of 1 party would indicate that stupidity is certainly not endemic to North Carolina...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 9, 2016 03:09

So proud of Bruce for this. smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 04:02

mnewman505
keefriff99
Truth
I was born in NC, unfortunately. I have no memory of it, as we moved back to the northeast shortly after I was born, but I've been told it's a beautiful state. Doesn't look like I'll be going back anytime soon to confirm that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home