Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: I wish more people posted on iorr
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 12, 2015 14:54

keefriffhards
with sssoul
Hello again bassaleman!
I'm sorry people get treated so roughly they end up leaving.
I hope the CloudCat doesn't go silent after being roughly treated in this very thread.
And meanwhile: Sharks, I'm a "first wave" fan and I love Voodoo Lounge.

No hard feeling ssoul, and cloudcat your lovely too, im pleased i started this thread and i think some good has come out of it. See you guys soon, bye for now.

It's maybe a good reason people who got abused in the past join again it's quit peaceful these day's......although it's more then 10 years ago I got abused about my English writing......and must say I did feel very bad about it.....but I learned one thing don't react.....

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 12, 2015 15:22

NICOS
keefriffhards
with sssoul
Hello again bassaleman!
I'm sorry people get treated so roughly they end up leaving.
I hope the CloudCat doesn't go silent after being roughly treated in this very thread.
And meanwhile: Sharks, I'm a "first wave" fan and I love Voodoo Lounge.

No hard feeling ssoul, and cloudcat your lovely too, im pleased i started this thread and i think some good has come out of it. See you guys soon, bye for now.

It's maybe a good reason people who got abused in the past join again it's quit peaceful these day's......although it's more then 10 years ago I got abused about my English writing......and must say I did feel very bad about it.....but I learned one thing don't react.....

I personaly don't care about spelling mistakes, we know what someone is trying to say, and thats all that matters. People who are not used to writing English soon learn to improve over time, its just confidence at the end of the day plus when people text each other its all abbreviations so its not so important to worry about people picking you up on spelling mistakes. I love it when non English speaking nationalities write the way they do , its interesting and from the heart. Perhaps it would be a good thing for people to make allowances for poor English writing. I was dyslexic for most of my life and posting on here helps a lot. Im almost normal now lol.
CHEERS NICOS smiling smiley-

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 12, 2015 19:20

I was awfully formal on my precedent post in this thread

Still, sometimes I click on users'name in some posts, back in the 2000s, when they resurface.. Guys/ Monikers I use to know, and have chat with.. A great deal are in red... This user doesn't exist. Gives me goose bump../

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-12 19:21 by The Joker.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 12, 2015 20:50

basselman, welcome back to posting, so happy you did!

Nicos, that is too bad, on the language, glad you learned not to react. I often push back on those types of comments, understanding that people do as well as they can and that is most likely plenty good enough, and definitely much, much better than I could do in any language other than my native one.

withsssoul, I second this comment of yours above: "I'm sorry people get treated so roughly they end up leaving."

Naturalust, thanks, and that is so true about differences within the US. New York is such a good example.
I will add that when I started my job decades ago in a small city in the southern part of Ohio, people kept asking me if I was from New York city. I said no, Milwaukee. Apparently I was a bit more "direct" than people they had experienced before. Some had never been to New York at the time.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:01

I often find myself ignored on here when i raise a point or ask a question, sometimes i wonder if my comments invisible to everyone but myself.sad smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:13

geordiestone
I often find myself ignored on here when i raise a point or ask a question, sometimes i wonder if my comments invisible to everyone but myself.sad smiley

Don't take it personally, geordie. I've had questions disappear into cyberspace, only to have someone answer them three or four pages later, to someone else.

I started a thread a few days ago and only two people commented...I'm guessing partly because they didn't want to leave me alone (thanks you Green Lady and Naturalust).

It's just the nature of the beast here, especially when you are posting in a popular thread where comments are flying out faster than people can respond.

At any rate, I recognize your user name, so, no...you're not invisible. smiling smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:31

latebloomer
geordiestone

Don't take it personally, geordie. I've had questions disappear into cyberspace, only to have someone answer them three or four pages later, to someone else.

I started a thread a few days ago and only two people commented...I'm guessing partly because they didn't want to leave me alone (thanks you Green Lady and Naturalust).

It's just the nature of the beast here, especially when you are posting in a popular thread where comments are flying out faster than people can respond.

At any rate, I recognize your user name, so, no...you're not invisible. smiling smiley
Very kind words Latebloomer, thankukindly smiling smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:31

I think some good will come out of this thread, at least for a period. One thing I've noticed over the years, and I am as guilty as the next for not doing this, is not checking through earlier threads to make sure what you are asking or the point you are raising has not already been covered.

It's an easy mistake to make and sometimes it can be time consuming, but it kind of seems to annoy some people. Some like a nice, tidy, non repetitive board of threads. Personally I don't consider it a forum crime to post something twice or repeat an earlier thread, but there are those who do.

One thing IORR differs from many other forums in, is that it essentially a one man run forum. BV must have to allocate an awful lot of time in keeping things running on the many sections of IORR and especially the 'Tell Me' section. I have wondered in the past as to whether we would benefit from having Mods and/or admin to assist him. I guess he likes to ensure things are run his way, but at times, like when there is a tour on the horizon and throughout the tour, things can get quite busy.

Of course any mods or admin would need to be very carefully selected and all have a very clear and thorough understanding of the rules etc, and not favour those who have simply been on here since Ronnie Wood joined the band....only joking, but you get the point!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:34

Maindefender

Damn we are lucky to still have the Stones in our lives.

aren't we just!

enjoying crosseyed heart right now

thank you to all of the rolling stones!

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:35

I would thank you all for a warm welcome back.I am looking forward to reading about all the upcoming Stones activities during the next year...and all of your posts...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:37

CloudCat
Maindefender

aren't we just!

enjoying crosseyed heart right now

thank you to all of the rolling stones!

Indeed.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:49

latebloomer
geordiestone

Yep, you're quite familiar!
I said above that I get ignored quite frequently too, but I'm not sure anyone noticed :E

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:56

CloudCat
Maindefender

aren't we just!

enjoying Crosseyed Heart right now

thank you to all of the Rolling Stones!

Hear hear and hail hail

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:12

(I guess this is most of us at one time or another!)

Date: October 12, 2015 22:18

geordiestone

No way man your brilliant you come up with all the facts and figures

I am so surprised that you don't realise your worth on here

You may sometimes say what we don't want to here but they are hard facts at the end of the day

Cheers geordelicks

WHOOPS SORRY WRONG GEORGE LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-12 22:25 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:18

latebloomer

You're welcome but I assure you it wasn't a sympathy post. I thought that thread about another classic recording studio biting the dust was truly interesting.

Date: October 12, 2015 22:42

Naturalust
latebloomer

You're welcome but I assure you it wasn't a sympathy post. I thought that thread about another classic recording studio biting the dust was truly interesting.

Latebloomer i dont think that ever happens to you, i just think people dont like me for what ever reason and thats why they ignore me, but i would never ignore you

Date: October 12, 2015 23:01

Naturalust
latebloomer

Yes, me too - I was surprised nobody else chipped in. I suppose there are too many stories like that around at the moment, alas.

Date: October 12, 2015 23:06

Green Lady
Naturalust
latebloomer

Yes, me too - I was surprised nobody else chipped in. I suppose there are too many stories like that around at the moment, alas.

You both posted thoughtful comments, which I do thank you for, and I was glad to contribute the thread, whether it got much response or not. My point was just that, wherever comment you make or thread you start, if it's worthwhile, someone will appreciate it, even if they choose not to say anything. I long ago stopped worrying about how much traffic my posts generate.

Date: October 12, 2015 23:15

latebloomer
Green Lady
Naturalust
latebloomer

You both posted thoughtful comments, which I do thank you for, and I was glad to contribute the thread, whether it got much response or not. My point was just that, wherever comment you make or thread you start, if it's worthwhile, someone will appreciate it, even if they choose not to say anything. I long ago stopped worrying about how much traffic my posts generate.

Though it is annoying when your post sinks without trace, and three days later someone else starts the same topic and it takes off like a rocket. I've seen it happen to lots of people. I think time of day may have something to do with it - not a good idea to start a new thread at 6 a.m. my time when the US has gone to bed and Europe is mostly not awake yet.

Date: October 12, 2015 23:16

keefriffhards
Naturalust
latebloomer

Latebloomer i dont think that ever happens to you, i just think people dont like me for what ever reason and thats why they ignore me, but i would never ignore you

Keefriff - I have three kids and have had some difficult relationships - trust me, I've been ignored plenty. BILLPERKS is right, if you're looking for validation or to feel better about yourself on the Internet, then you need to look at yourself more than anything else. That said, we've probably all had the experience of spending time and effort to write something we think is interesting and then gotten nothing back. If that's your biggest problem in life, then count yourself lucky.smiling smiley

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: October 12, 2015 23:17

Patient: Doctor, people keep ignoring me, as if I didn't exist.
Doctor: Next, please!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2015 23:21

Same as in life ... most times people only connect in certain ways

ROCKMAN

Date: October 13, 2015 00:05

latebloomer
keefriffhards
Naturalust
latebloomer

Keefriff - I have three kids and have had some difficult relationships - trust me, I've been ignored plenty. BILLPERKS is right, if you're looking for validation or to feel better about yourself on the Internet, then you need to look at yourself more than anything else. That said, we've probably all had the experience of spending time and effort to write something we think is interesting and then gotten nothing back. If that's your biggest problem in life, then count yourself lucky.smiling smiley

latebloomer i know what your saying, i have spent so much time on here writing things that i thought would get some sort of feedback, only to watch it go to the second page and forgotten forever
but if one person listens and takes it in , then its worth the effort

Date: October 13, 2015 00:08

whoops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-13 10:01 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 13, 2015 00:19

bathsheba
Patient: Doctor, people keep ignoring me, as if I didn't exist.
Doctor: Next, please!

HA HA smiling smiley

We need less pessimism
Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: October 12, 2015 07:34

I feel like Stones fans spend way too much time complaining about the band they supposedly love. The Stones are by far the most reliable, consistently and enduringly great rock band of all time. We fans are very luck for them. Is every point of the stones career as great as say Exile? Of course not. But since the release of Some Girls in 78 (the end of what many consider the classic era), the stones have continued to every couple years release some killer tunes. Is every album a masterpiece? No. Are some tracks "stones by numbers"? Yeah, and if you don't take them too seriously you might just enjoy them too. Not every song is going to be "Gimmee Shelter", not every album "Sticky fingers", not every concert "Brussels". But damnit "Doom and Gloom" was a solid tune, The Zip Code tour was kickass, and the Sticky fonda show was one of the best concerts the stones have ever done, period. On top of that we contiune to get all these vault releases to enjoy. Let's stop being a bunch of critics, and become fans again. What you all say?

Re: We need less pessimism
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 12, 2015 08:12

I'll respect your wish Jack Flash but I don't think it works like that. I don't think you can command positive thinking. Some people will find the glass half-full others half-empty. It's human nature. Or dualism if you prefer that.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 12, 2015 08:24

thumbs up
Stoneage
I'll respect your wish Jack Flash but I don't think it works like that. I don't think you can command positive thinking. Some people will find the glass half-full others half-empty. It's human nature. Or dualism if you prefer that.
thumbs up

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 12, 2015 08:41

To declare 'Dirty Work' as a less classy album is not pessimism, there are clear facts..smiling smiley and important is, it's only a fact comparaded to Stones other albums....Dirty Work stands up well compared to most of the shit from the 80ies...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home