Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: OT: Neil Young "Rebel Content" tour
Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: July 17, 2016 12:47

he wore me out...and blew me away.

I was front of stage in Amsterdam

He seemed possesed at some times

Truly an experience !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2016 19:43

Two rarities were played in Leipzig : "Saddle Up The Palomino" a 1984 atroci... oddity and "Hawaiian Sunrise" not played since the 1974 CSNY tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-21 19:45 by dcba.

Date: July 21, 2016 20:08

Hope we get willie in the desert

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 21, 2016 20:10

I think Dylan should hire POTR when they finish w/ Neil.

Date: July 21, 2016 20:11

jumpontopofmebaby
Hope we get willie in the desert

Never mind Willie is in Phoenix October 15th and 16th. Close but to far to do both

Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: July 25, 2016 05:02

Berlin was AMAZING. Good live music just SENDS you...
i saw him the first time about 40 years years ago during Rust Never Sleeps Tour. Man, he is still just as intense. Great singing, playing and attitude!

Neil is incredibly life-affirming & i soo needed that evening of rock magic. Great band.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 25, 2016 06:10

chrism13
I think Dylan should hire POTR when they finish w/ Neil.

Having seen Neil with Promise of the Real (NO Jazzfest) and Dylan with his touring band (both nights at Wolf Trap) in the last three months, I don't think Promise of the Real would work with 2016 Dylan. Dylan's current setlist is almost entirely from songs he recorded in 1997 or later and requires more restraint than POTR is likely to have. Dylan's current touring band is perfect for where he is right now. They can jump back and forth between Sinatra ballads and blues stompers with ease.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2016 10:08

And the tour ended Saturday in Austria...

Best show? Dalhalla in Sweden, the band was galvanised by the venue and the scenery.
Best setlist? Leipzig.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 25, 2016 13:10

berlinjive
Berlin was AMAZING. Good live music just SENDS you...
i saw him the first time about 40 years years ago during Rust Never Sleeps Tour. Man, he is still just as intense. Great singing, playing and attitude!

Neil is incredibly life-affirming & i soo needed that evening of rock magic. Great band.

I was at the Waldbuhne gig too.An incredible show at an amazing venue.Neil Young singing and playing better than ever with Promise of the Real firing on all cylinders.

hot smileyhot smileyRe: OT: Neil Young "Rebel Content" tour
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:27

brilliant show in Leipzig!!!!!!!! would have gone to every gig in Europe...if i had the time changing the set list every night just...so good...Thank You Neil and The Promise of The Real....... M

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 26, 2016 19:21

Another show announced Stateside. Would like to see this turn into a full tour.

New show announced - Montage Mountain, Scranton, PA, Sept. 18 (day after Farm Aid): [www.neilyoung.com]

Presale here tomorrow: [tix.concertmaps.com]

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 26, 2016 19:25

Saw him in Leeds on the UK leg of the tour. Was slightly concerned he might be grumpy but he was obviously really enjoying it. Musically absolutely superb and POTR is a great backing band. Six stars out of five - if you have the chance go and see him.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 27, 2016 09:02

Great show here in Milan. Willie Nelson on stage for 2 songs plus encore.
Unfortunately, the band delivered a cover of 'Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blue'.
The audience enjoyed the sing-a-long a lot but was a weak moment of the concert also because due to the cover we've misssed one of Neil's gems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 15:00 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 27, 2016 17:06

mudbone
he wore me out...and blew me away.

I was front of stage in Amsterdam

He seemed possesed at some times

Truly an experience !

Amsterdam was great , more than 3 hours ... there's a bootleg with very good quality !

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 2, 2016 21:28

2 more shows just announced, October 3rd in Boise, Idaho and October 4th in Salt Lake City, Utah. Public sale on Friday, pre-sale on Wednesday.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 18, 2016 03:18

Neil Young will play at the Farm Aid tonight. His concert will start from about 40 minutes from now and can be streamed here: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2016 04:30

Awesome thanks Cristiano!thumbs up

Date: September 18, 2016 04:38

My pleasure, Hairball! It will be a short set (only 1 hour), but it's such a pleasure to see him play.

Date: September 18, 2016 04:57

And we got to see Willie...thumbs up
and then the best group hug finale ever!!! smiling smiley

Date: September 18, 2016 06:00

Neil nailed it, and Willie's concert is very enjoyable. Top notch, I'd say.

Date: September 18, 2016 08:58

I had to tune out after Neil's set, but was happy to see Willie join them all on stage for a song.
Looks and sounds like Neil and his band won't need any rehearsal time for the upcoming Desert Trip shows...they're running on all cylinders right now!

Date: September 22, 2016 06:36

Presale tickets through Neil Young's official site still available HERE

Neil Young will play between Desert Trip sets at the Fox Theater
By: Oscar Rangel Sep 20, 2016

Fox Theater Pomona

Even though Desert Trip is set to feature "once in a lifetime" performances next month, that doesn't mean those magical musical moments will be confined to the Empire Polo Club! One act giving fans the chance to see them live in between festival dates is none other than Neil Young + Promise Of The Real and you can see them play two intimate dates at the Pomona Fox Theater in Pomona on Wednesday, October 12, and Thursday, October 13. Neil Young + Promise Of The Real will play tracks off of their extensive music catalog as well as songs from his latest album Earth, out now on Reprise Records.

Festival pass holders can already see Neil Young + Promise Of The Real team up with Paul McCartney at Desert Trip Indio Music Festival on Saturday, October 8, and Saturday, October 15.

You can buy your tickets to see Neil Young & Promise Of The Real at the Fox Theater on AXS on Friday, September 23, at 9:00 a.m. for $50.00 to $150.00 each plus service fees for the all-ages shows. For those of you that want to get your tickets early, Goldenvoice will be hosting a presale on Thursday, September 22, at 10:00 a.m. Remaining passes for both Desert Trip festivals went on sale this past weekend via their festival website. Get your tickets below to see Neil Young + Promise Of The Real next month in Pomona!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 22, 2016 20:38

I just checked, there are at this minute, pit tix available for his Pomona shows

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2016 20:42

BluzDude
I just checked, there are at this minute, pit tix available for his Pomona shows

As well as $50 GA Floor tix !!

Via AXS pre-sale
[www.axs.com]

Password- HEARTOFGOLD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-22 20:43 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: September 22, 2016 21:07

Decade gotta be one of the best compilations ever

Date: October 13, 2016 19:40

Epic show at the Fox Theater in Pomona last night.
Seeing Neil in an intimate theater with 2,000 others vs. outdoors in the desert with apprx. 100,000 others...nice way to spend the time in between Desert weekends.
I drove by yesterday at around 10:00 in the morning to get a pic of the marquee, and to my surprise there was already a line of about 10 people already there (diehards!). So I mingled, chatted, and befriended someone who was happy to hold a place in line for me. In return I gave him several bottles of water and a box of granola bars to hold him over. As I had a lot of things to do yesterday over at Claremont University, and then taking a two hour nap (still recovering from Desert wkd. 1! ha), I made it back there around 4:00. To my surprise (again) the line hadn't grown any longer, and the same diehards were holding down the fort. Eventually the line grew very long, and we were finally able to get wristbands and hard tickets around 6:00. They then shuffled (or herded) the first 30 people in line into their bar in the hopes of everyone purchasing drinks for the next two hour before letting us all in the actuak entrance to venue. It didn't quite go as they planned, as everyone wanted to hold their place in line which became chaos after awhile, While my friend and I had two bar stools at the bar right next to the entrance to venue (only drink their free water), we were all set and nicely positioned. But amidst the chaos, the once single file line that outside, turned into a mob of people inside all aiming towards the entrance. Frustration abounded as some people who waited all day, were now standing next to people who waited only a couple of hours. The staff could have easily made it smooth by giving out numbered wristbands and letting people in according to numbers, but they were completely clueless and overwhelmed. Finally at about 7:30 the gates were open, and my friend and I were the first to squeeze through. I have no idea what went on behind me as I heard people angrily yelling, but we were finally free and made a beeline to center stage on the rail!!!

There was no opening mini acoustic solo set, and Neil and the band ripped into right into an electric Like an Inca that turned into at least a 30 minute jam worthy of being an encore rather than the opener. There was a giant setlist on the floor in front of Neil written out that had about 100 different songs written on it haha. After each song was over Neil would either glance at it for a few seconds and pick a number, or simply start playing something on his guitar until the band realized what it was and all join in. Other times, he would walk in a circle while thinking to himself, and then shout out to his band what the next tune would be. Improvized setlists and improvized extended jams throughout...it was amazing to witness, and his band no doubt have done their homework being able to play any song at any given moment. It was refreshing to see this vs. many bands who are on auto- pilot with the same setlist going through the motions ad nauseum. Without getting into the minutiae of the entire show itself,I'll let the setlist speak for itself which was quite different than Desert Trip and in a good way. While some tunes were MIA (After the Gold Rush, Down by the River, etc), there were other played that easily filled the void (Cinammon Girl, Cortez, Cowgirl, etc.)

*Like an Inca
*F@ckin' Up
*When You Dance, I Can Really Love
*The Loner
*Cinnamon Girl
*Cortez the Killer
Human Highway
*From Hank to Hendrix
Peace of Mind
*I Am a Child
Show Me
Words (Between the Lines of Age)
*If I Could Have Her Tonight
Walk On
Texas Rangers
Powderfinger
*Cowgirl in the Sand
Seed Justice
Peace Trail
*I've Been Waiting for You
*Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)

Encore:
*Roll Another Number (For the Road)
*Piece of Crap

*not played at Desert Trip

24 songs last night vs. 18 at Desert Trip - which show was better?
Hard to pick, both great for different reasons...I'll call it a tie for first place. thumbs up
Wondering now what tonights setlist will be like...will it be an exact repeat of last night? Not a chance....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 08:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2016 19:50

1 of the great Neil shows I've seen was on the Greendale tour @ the Joint in Las Vegas. This was before they made it bigger & it was only about 1200 capacity. Neil evidently added the show to the tour because there was a model railroad show in town. Well, they couldn't fit the Greendale set in the venue. So, we got 3 hours of just about everything you would want to hear by the Horse. Stunning!

Date: October 13, 2016 19:54

crholmstrom
1 of the great Neil shows I've seen was on the Greendale tour @ the Joint in Las Vegas. This was before they made it bigger & it was only about 1200 capacity. Neil evidently added the show to the tour because there was a model railroad show in town. Well, they couldn't fit the Greendale set in the venue. So, we got 3 hours of just about everything you would want to hear by the Horse. Stunning!

Nice crholmstrom!
I saw the Greendale tour proper at thee Santa Barbara Bowl, and I am proudly one of the few who really liked it haha.
Actors, stage sets, strange storyline...it was GREAT! Many people left that show shaking their heads in bewilderment, but it was one for the ages imo.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-13 19:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2016 22:53

I saw the full on Greendale show twice. It was pretty wonderful.

Date: October 15, 2016 22:48

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home