Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: Neil Young "Rebel Content" tour
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:35

Neil opens with a 40 min. "Down By the River"
This is smoking!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2016 17:47

spikenyc
This is smoking!

[www.youtube.com]

Haha nice - he could fill his entire Coachella set with an extended 'Down By the River". cool smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:41

Neil does Merle H.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 6, 2016 04:50

spikenyc
This is smoking!

[www.youtube.com]

Complete & better quality video : [www.youtube.com]

Actually more a 30 minutes version with a lot of feedback at the beginning and at the end.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 6, 2016 15:10

There is a 2CD set from his April 22nd Memphis show up on Traders Den this morning with a 37 minute DBTR...I think it is safe to say that Promise Of The Real is his new version of Crazy Horse!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 9, 2016 21:35

For his 2016 tour, Neil has dug out the creepy "Revolution Blues" the song about the Manson family...
The song's as scary as it was in 1974.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-09 21:38 by dcba.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 10, 2016 12:22

dcba
For his 2016 tour, Neil has dug out the creepy "Revolution Blues" the song about the Manson family...
The song's as scary as it was in 1974.

Finally "On the Beach" is getting its due. I remember when you couldn't get it for years. Arguably (with myself) my favorite Neil studio record ever, start to finish. Wouldn't it be awesome if Neil did a show where he played the whole thing. During the last few tours, he's done a pretty good chunk of it with POTR. Neil was in a very dark place on that record & its pretty compelling. I'm downloading a show right now & am looking forward to hearing "Revolution".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-10 12:43 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 11, 2016 10:12

I can't wait to see him inmilano in july. he is one of the very few arists from the 60's who still has something to say

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 11, 2016 18:11

very impressive ! thanks for sharing

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: May 12, 2016 14:31

I bought a ticket to the show at O2 in June. It´s gonna be my third Neil Young show and the third time with a different band playing with him. In Salzburg it was Pearl Jam (without Vedder) backing up (Mirror Ball), in Munich it was Crazy Horse (and the Black Crowes as support) and now the Nelson Family. Can´t wait!

OT: and Exhibitionism the days before. lucky me...

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 19, 2016 00:25

Neil Young will make a pair of appearances in anticipation of his forthcoming release Earth due out June 24 via Reprise. Among them, Young will appear on Marc Maron’s WTF Podcast on June 20 to discuss the new album from Maron’s garage in Los Angeles.

The following day, June 21, Young will mark his return to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon for a special appearance, although it does not say if he will be performing.

[www.jambands.com]

Date: June 19, 2016 10:26

The tour's finally taking its proper shape : in Marseille Neil played for 3 hours and he premiered the French classic "La vie en rose".

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: June 19, 2016 12:38

The tour had proper shape from the opening night in Glasgow. I have seen him 6 times previously in various venues around the world and in various configurations (solo, crazy horse, Booker T and the MG's). He was absolutely phenomenal in Glasgow a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make in criticising the performances on the UK tour. Have you been to any of the gigs, or are you watching YouTube clips?

Date: June 19, 2016 12:47

I'm just stating the UK shows were inferior to the ones played in the US last year. I'm also stating the band's beginning to reach the majesty of the US gigs (longer shows, more rarities, and more "guitar extravanganza" songs added to the setlists).

I'm also stating the obvious that any band needs a few gigs to warm up and if you see a band at the beginning of a tour you're somewhat shortchanged (Neil and the Stones come to mind...).

But nothing should prevent you to book a lowcost flight and hit one of the Italian or German gigs where (I'm sure) Neil will be at his best...

[www.sugarmtn.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-19 12:50 by dcba.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: June 19, 2016 13:22

I'm pretty sure I saw him at his best. like I said I have 6 other gigs to compare it with. But never mind....

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 19, 2016 14:49

dcba
The tour's finally taking its proper shape : in Marseille Neil played for 3 hours and he premiered the French classic "La vie en rose".

I wonder if he's got a covers album in him like Dylan.

Date: June 21, 2016 00:05

Lyon : "Like An Inca" 1st interpretation since 1982.
I hope the Crystal Cat will tape the 4 "Northern" shows. Guys...

Date: June 23, 2016 17:06

Another 3 hrs gig in Toulouse with an extended "Like An Inca" as a show closer!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 26, 2016 13:09

I saw NY for the first time in Antwerp on Friday. I'm not at all a NY expert but I thought that his voice was too perfect for a 71-years-old man. As if he were play-backing? If not, my deepest respect. But that was my first impression. Any thoughts?

Date: June 26, 2016 13:46

Harm
I saw NY for the first time in Antwerp on Friday. I'm not at all a NY expert but I thought that his voice was too perfect for a 71-years-old man. As if he were play-backing? If not, my deepest respect. But that was my first impression. Any thoughts?

No way he was play-backing. Neil's voice has actually gotten better over the years, much like Joe Walsh. It has mellowed out a bit & he doesn't go beyond his limitations. Another factor is Promise of the Real. Those boys can sing as well as play. The backup vocals have been stellar.

Date: June 26, 2016 15:12

No play-back and no click tracks... winking smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 26, 2016 15:29

Harm

Surely you jest?

That's just a professional doing his job and that warrants the ticket cost

Date: July 10, 2016 14:31

Yesterday's show in Amsterdam was 3h30 long... "Don't Be Denied" "Here We Are In The Years" "Razor Love" and "Change Your Mind" were played that night!

Date: July 11, 2016 00:10

dcba
Yesterday's show in Amsterdam was 3h30 long... "Don't Be Denied" "Here We Are In The Years" "Razor Love" and "Change Your Mind" were played that night!

Ahhhh, "Change Your Mind". That one can get seriously deep. Especially if the boys visited any coffee shops....

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: July 11, 2016 19:34

The Stones are lucky they don't have to follow Neil and POTR in October, I feel sorry for Macca.
Not that it will matter much at the Custie Fest, er..I mean Desert Trip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-11 19:49 by jabhead.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 00:15

Last evening, three hours and five minutes gig, 25 tracks including a cover of "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu"sung by Lukas Nelson
Sorry the video is incomplete, missing the start.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 15, 2016 01:46

Cool re Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu. Domenico Modugno's version is part of my permanent music mix, though, Dino does a nice version of it from his Dean Sings Italian album.

Modugno

[www.youtube.com]

Dino

[www.youtube.com]

And, just to be naughty, Neil and POTR should do this Dino cut. It would blow people away. We'd all be singing along.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 08:23

Here it is
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 23:05

spikenyc
This is smoking!

[www.youtube.com]
O
40 minutes! Oh the horrors

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 17, 2016 08:54

Willie Nelson joined Neil on "Are There Any More Real Cowboys?" and "On The Road Again" in Rome. I think it was great.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home