Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Can we Make it Fun Again
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:47

I just posted this on a thread about U2. Now it might be self indulgent , but afterwards I did think maybe it should be a thread of it's own.

Well Lem, earlier someone said that U2 had not put out anything worthwhile in eons. Of course when you read it here, the last decent Stones album was Tatto You, a combination of songs all older than 35 years . Springsteen sucks, Dylan is over rated, Patti smith is pretentious and self indulgent, the Dead are boring, the Beatles an overblown myth, and on and on. We have apparently become a group of curmudgeons idolizing a man that feels there was nothing before Lead Belly and very little after Exile ( to which he often refers as the gold standard for anything he is involved in) that is worth listening to or has any value.

Furthermore, views any different are expressed by various buffoons, illiterates, trouble makers, and deaf blind bastards. We don't like the moderator of the board, or anyone who doesn't follow his rules. We recognize that Europe is full of snobs, the USA is a plastic country full of rednecks, anywhere else is a cultural wasteland. We know there has not been a decent Stones show without Mick Taylor, who after all was the driving force behind the creation of the only Stones material worth listening to, but was ripped off , marginalized , and nearly drugged to death by the Glimmer Twins before he sensibly ran to establish the transcendence of his own creative muse. Ron Wood is just a lucky bit player.

Politics should NOT be discussed unless your view matches mine by the way.

I have been here over 11 years, and maybe I have changed, or this board has. It really used to be a fun place to visit every day. I still do, but it is a lot less fun anymore. It used to be a place to come and glean valuable information, enjoy open minded discussions and even chat on the threads with good friends. Now days it seems like a group of people pushing their own agendas, who have decided what the legacy of the Stones, Hell of Rock and Roll should be based on some sort prestige and bragging rights determined by the number of secret inside information sources you have but cannot confirm or reveal.

SO CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THIS PLACE FUN AGAIN? smileys with beer

Re: Can we Make it Fun Again
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:56

kahoosier
SO CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THIS PLACE FUN AGAIN?

OK, I'll give it a try.
Have fun my friend smileys with beer Cheers to the Rolling Stones

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()

No.

LOL! Brilliant, AND most importantly, it's true smoking smiley

Something has indeed happened, but I'm totally with you, kahoosier. Let's have some fun smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2015 00:51

Hey Kahoosier just get a pair of v..v...v..vibrating
pants and increase ya intake of alcohol and all will be rosey !!!!!

PS: Ya shouldn't take it so hard ....HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 22, 2015 00:59

What do we do when Daddy takes the T-Bird away?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:03

Memo:

Although I have been the biggest Stones fan I've ever met (nothing in comparison to most on here though), my first exposure to IORR was around the time the Stones played the Superbowl. I had been a Stones fan in hibernation for a long time - saw them on the Steel Wheels tour and called it quits. Thought that might well be the last time they would play live (LOL).

When I heard they were playing the Super Bowl I got excited for them and poked around Google and happened upon this forum for the first time ever.

I was excited to follow along with Stones fans before and after they played. I thought they played awesome at the Superbowl compared to my expectations - certainly not as well as on Steel Wheels, but way better than I expected. I was proud of the guys.

Then I read what IORR had to say about the performance. It was so depressing! It made me reconsider my own enjoyment of the show, until I just shut it off and forgot about it and enjoyed the Stones on my own.

So when you say that IORR used to be different, that must have been a while ago. My first experience of it was that people were often very harsh to one another and harshest of all to the Stones.

For me, what makes this worthwhile is not the banter or the dumb jokes (which I attempt as much or more than the next guy) but the incredible knowledge and dedication of people like Rockman, Dandelion, Mathijis, ByeByeJohnny, Cristiano, Green Lady, ... you know the list better than I. And I think most of us "new" people come for the great knowledge you have, the rest of the banter is just to past the time between new news.

I was just saying to my girlfriend today, I could have never imagined Keith putting out an album, much less one this good, 3 years ago. It is a good time to be a Stones fan, and fun to be on this forum with you all, even if it does get a little cold (or hot) at times.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-22 01:14 by Turner68.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:15

I think the Vault series, and all the releases going back to the Exile reissue and bonus tracks, kicked off by Plundered My Soul, have brought a freshness to the proceedings for some people on here. It's been a wonderland of cleaned up, blu ray (mostly) concerts that most of us had in extremely dubious quality. (The '75 Forum Concert). And the Some Girls in Texas DVD I had never seen. And there's more to come! It kind of helps in over looking what has the current sad state of affairs concerning the setlists and the prices. And it seems like things are finally sharpening up, with Keith putting out a solo album, and hell, Bill too.

Date: September 22, 2015 01:16

There were bashing here in the 90s as well, and Ronnie (and Keith sometimes) was the one who got the most of it.

But the tone was different, and the discussions didn't last for days or weeks, like today. It might be that the Internet culture was different back then, though. People didn't check in every hour, not even on a daily basis. Now, everything goes quicker, and we spit out more or less thought out words about a topic.

I'm probably guilty here, of not letting unimportant stuff just pass, instead of commenting on it all the time.

I'll behave. It's Only Rock and roll, that's my new motto. Oh wait, that's taken... smoking smiley

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:26

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-22 03:28 by everwest1.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:26

FUN IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:27

I think your right Kahoosier, maybe we're adopting the habits too much of the majority on this board which can sometimes be a bit too serious grinning smiley.
Or worst case all the funny guy's and girls are b-a-n-n-e-d

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:29

kahoosier
"It used to be a place to come and glean valuable information, enjoy open minded discussions and even chat on the threads with good friends. Now days it seems like a group of people pushing their own agendas, who have decided what the legacy of the Stones, Hell of Rock and Roll should be based on some sort prestige and bragging rights determined by the number of secret inside information sources you have but cannot confirm or reveal".

Absolutely spot on!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:36

Well your post sure was fun kahoosier! I'm not sure you can go back 11 years or not, people here are getting old and crabby man, soon the board will have more senior citizens than South Florida had in the 60's...

I guess this place is just like any mob, the mob mentality kind of has a mind of it's own, often directed by the loudest and most outrageous individuals in the group. When I see it getting too weird here I often just go hang out in Rockman's Connection's thread, always a good place to glean great music information and just chill out.

Date: September 22, 2015 01:38

When I see it getting too weird here I often just go hang out in Rockman's Connection's thread, always a good place to glean great music information and just chill out.

hey that's nice Naturalust ...real nice....and I'm a easy cat ta hang around with too .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:44

NICOS
I think your right Kahoosier, maybe we're adopting the habits too much of the majority on this board which can sometimes be a bit too serious grinning smiley.

No they're not NICOS, I'm still here. Har, har...but for that brilliantly written, LOL post Kahoosier, I'd like to kiss your cheek. Very funny and true.

It's the wild west on the internet these days, DP is right about that. If you take a look at postings/comments on any number of sites, it can and often does get brutal real fast. I don't know what the answer is except that people need to not take themselves so seriously, and try to avoid being cruel. If it happens in the heat of the moment, apologize and move on. Hell, it doesn't take much to say you're sorry...I've been saying it my whole life and I know I'm almost always right. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-22 01:45 by latebloomer.

Date: September 22, 2015 01:57

latebloomer
NICOS

No they're not NICOS, I'm still here. Har, har...but for that brilliantly written, LOL post Kahoosier, I'd like to kiss your cheek. Very funny and true.

It's the wild west on the internet these days, DP is right about that. If you take a look at postings/comments on any number of sites, it can and often does get brutal real fast. I don't know what the answer is except that people need to not take themselves so seriously, and try to avoid being cruel. If it happens in the heat of the moment, apologize and move on. Hell, it doesn't take much to say you're sorry...I've been saying it my whole life and I know I'm almost always right. winking smiley

There are always are exception my Dear Latebloomer........

Date: September 22, 2015 02:02

NICOS
latebloomer
NICOS

She's obviously a politician NICOS, notice she said she says "I'm sorry" but never actually admits she's probably wrong on occasion. winking smiley

Date: September 22, 2015 02:08

And I Bet she looks hot in the nude ...... HHHaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2015 02:12

Rockman
Hey Kahoosier just get a pair of v..v...v..vibrating
pants and increase ya intake of alcohol and all will be rosey !!!!!

PS: Ya shouldn't take it so hard ....HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This works for me. Now, where's that damn control. Ahhhhhh, that's more like it.

Date: September 22, 2015 02:14

Now there's a gal who knows her bod .....!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2015 02:14

Naturalust
NICOS
latebloomer
NICOS

She's obviously a politician NICOS, notice she said she says "I'm sorry" but never actually admits she's probably wrong on occasion. winking smiley

HAH! You don't know the half of it, Lust...NICOS, I jest, as you know. There are very few here who truly couldn't be replaced and I certainly don't include myself in that small group. If more people remembered that, they'd lighten up about a lot of things. I ain't that special and I know it...that's what brings me back when I start taking myself too seriously. Well, that and someone telling me to stop being an ass....grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2015 02:20

As long as there aren't TOO many Springsteen and U2 threads happening, I'm a happy camper. winking smiley

Cheers everyone!
smileys with beer

Date: September 22, 2015 02:23

latebloomer
Naturalust
NICOS
latebloomer
NICOS

HAH! You don't know the half of it, Lust...NICOS, I jest, as you know. There are very few here who truly couldn't be replaced and I certainly don't include myself in that small group. If more people remembered that, they'd lighten up about a lot of things. I ain't that special and I know it...that's what brings me back when I start taking myself too seriously. Well, that and someone telling me to stop being an ass....grinning smiley

At least your the one that makes me feel comfortable..............and I love your sense of humor.....

Date: September 22, 2015 02:34

NICOS
latebloomer
Naturalust
NICOS
latebloomer
NICOS

At least your the one that makes me feel comfortable..............and I love your sense of humor.....

Thank you my friend, I feel the same about you. I'm glad to have some purpose here...cause, I don't have Some Toronto Girl's assets, sad to say.... HAAAAAHaaaaaaaa....smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-22 02:42 by latebloomer.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 22, 2015 02:55

latebloomer
Thank you my friend, I feel the same about you. I'm glad to have some purpose here...cause, I don't have Some Toronto Girl's assets, sad to say.... HAAAAAHaaaaaaaa....smileys with beer

[Blush] Just trying to liven the place up! I think Kahoosier is just trying to guilt me into getting tassels...again.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 22, 2015 03:19

Lol oh SomeTorontoGirl, given the right time with the right crowd and the right drinks , I'll wear the tassles for a laugh.

Date: September 22, 2015 03:33

latebloomer

Yeah we're all just ants in the pile in the end, all of us dust in the blink of an eye, no doubt we've lost posters to the great gig in the sky and barely noticed, but you bloomer are more special than you give yourself credit for. A voice of reason amid the chaos, a matriarch of courtesy and common sense and a much needed dose of estrogen in this sometimes crazy mob. I always smiled at the way you would sneak into the Taylor thread with a quick comment and quickly run back to the other threads. Cheer to you lady, glad you are here.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 22, 2015 03:37

kahoosier
Lol oh SomeTorontoGirl, given the right time with the right crowd and the right drinks , I'll wear the tassles for a laugh.

I like you, Wabbit! winking smiley

Date: September 22, 2015 04:44

I'm with you Kahoosier. Just a few people here seem to be solitary trollers who probably get their weird jollies on other websites as well. Now if this was a Monkees site, it would be all fun - and that wouldn't be so good. :-) I've been here since 1996 and I still miss some of the old regulars, even the ones who were never banned. I guess they just grew up and away. Long live a healthy and fun IORR.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home