Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 23, 2016 02:02

georgelicks
It looks like Universal's point of view about the market has won, it will be released when the market is better, not before Thanksgiving.

Looks to me that "better" simply means "in time for the holidays" LOL

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 23, 2016 03:44

"We went in to cut some new songs, which we did,"
Wood said, according to NME...."
hmmm...
Was reportedly played new stuff in his office for a young lady and our Ian tracked her down on twitter and/or Instagram, and reported it all.
Around Page 118 and earlier in this thread.
Some think it not true, but many think it more than possible and I don't particularly doubt it.
and she said Yes it's new stuff and it's great, and not blues.
So maybe they've got an original or two in the can for another album.
Who knows. could be....?? but something's coming...thumbs up
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-23 03:46 by hopkins.

Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: August 23, 2016 03:46

regarding the stones blues album coming out in december,where are my doubters now?i don,t normally like to say that I told you so,but I feel I have a right to this time.as I said ,I only post things when I have credible data.my release date was off by a few months.but I was getting criticized for how a blues album would make them relevant in America,or that maybe my sources and information sounded rather dubious.many thanks to bjorn as always,for the fabulous news and confirmation of this release.as I said,i don,t post here often,because I don,t look for attention.i,m just trying to keep my fellow stones fans updated when I find something which I think just might happen.as I said earlier,the stones original inspiration came from the black American bluesmen,whose music was largely ignored simply because they were black.now that many of them are no longer with us ,i believe part of the reason for the release is to honour these guys who inspired the stones so much.i,m sure we,re all waiting with great anticipation..thanks for listening.brian jones would be proud.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: August 23, 2016 04:45

They should do what the Beatles planned on with their Get Back album cover, recreate the original photo from their debut album only with and as it is now. Would fit since just like their debut this will be a blues covers album. Full circle, I like it.

Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: August 23, 2016 05:05

with all due respect to rokyfan,jlo,and ian billen,bjornulf has proven that most of my sources are true.the blues album will be released.as far as stones books and biographies,you will never get the complete truth.i have read every single one if written in English,if it,s at all related to the stones.i,ve read over 500 books on them.but I still don,t know it all.the few reliable sources I have are not musicians.we know about bill wyman,s son ,born in 1962.we all know how he has 3 lovely daughters with Suzanne.but he also has a son in australia,born in October,1965.brian ended up with 7 kids that are known of.his first boy was in 1959 with 14 year old Valerie Corbett.in 1960,he had a daughter with a married woman.on October 22,1961,pat Andrews gave birth to another son for brian.his 3rd son was born on july 23,1964,with linda Lawrence being the mother.dawn malloy(young)gave birth to another of brian,s sons on march 24,1965.his second daugter was with a married anerican woman named Elizabeth,who is still living.barbara Bogdan wolf was born on February 23,1969.she is on facebook.she has expressed her understandably confused feelings to me about brian and the whole stones organization.they all knew about her ,but acted like she didn,t exist.brian,s 7th son was born in Australia in november,1965.and as far as the new jagger-richards album,i simply can,t wait,i bet it will pleasantly surprise a lot of people with how good it is.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 23, 2016 05:19

"The album is featuring cover songs only"

thumbs down

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 23, 2016 06:11

mkbbci
with all due respect to rokyfan,jlo,and ian billen,bjornulf has proven that most of my sources are true.the blues album will be released.as far as stones books and biographies,you will never get the complete truth.i have read every single one if written in English,if it,s at all related to the stones.i,ve read over 500 books on them.but I still don,t know it all.the few reliable sources I have are not musicians.we know about bill wyman,s son ,born in 1962.we all know how he has 3 lovely daughters with Suzanne.but he also has a son in australia,born in October,1965.brian ended up with 7 kids that are known of.his first boy was in 1959 with 14 year old Valerie Corbett.in 1960,he had a daughter with a married woman.on October 22,1961,pat Andrews gave birth to another son for brian.his 3rd son was born on july 23,1964,with linda Lawrence being the mother.dawn malloy(young)gave birth to another of brian,s sons on march 24,1965.his second daugter was with a married anerican woman named Elizabeth,who is still living.barbara Bogdan wolf was born on February 23,1969.she is on facebook.she has expressed her understandably confused feelings to me about brian and the whole stones organization.they all knew about her ,but acted like she didn,t exist.brian,s 7th son was born in Australia in november,1965.and as far as the new jagger-richards album,i simply can,t wait,i bet it will pleasantly surprise a lot of people with how good it is.

The two parts that did not add up was your implication A Blues Covers album would make them more 'relevant'. The second was that they made the album because Mick Jagger actually needs the money because he has a pregnant girlfriend (...?) I mean, with all due respect.. Those two things are complete bullocks .. (I just didn't want to rain on your parade about it entirely is all because you seem like a nice guy or gal that was also sharing things that seemed pretty credible).

As well .. I am 'not' saying you made them up as I told you before. I'm saying whoever added in those parts with the rest of the detail ya gave us is full of sh**t. Thats all I was ever sayin there.

That's the only part I was trying to get across. As far as the Blues album goes.. Thank you for reporting but we already had word it was possibly coming out...

Still we appreciate any insight or info you shared that was accurate.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-23 06:16 by IanBillen.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 23, 2016 06:21

hopkins
Was reportedly played new stuff in his office for a young lady...

Entirely possible that Ms. Bonetti's unfamiliar with the blues, heard Mick singing and assumed they were "new" Stones songs.

She does appear to have nailed the December release...a tweet btw, that has since been deleted.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 23, 2016 07:07

mkbbci

Can't wait to hear your new album reports. In the meantime lay off the expresso.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 23, 2016 07:17

Woz
georgelicks
It looks like Universal's point of view about the market has won, it will be released when the market is better, not before Thanksgiving.

Looks to me that "better" simply means "in time for the holidays" LOL

Oh I'm sure the Universal marketing weasels know exactly what they are doing.....lol

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: August 23, 2016 09:27

Beautiful news! Long live the Rolling Stones

Date: August 23, 2016 14:58

Fantastic news! Thanks, Bjørnulf thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2016 19:04

Yes great news - bring on the blues!!!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 23, 2016 19:50

We finally get some news & thread slows down?

Calling Ian Billen !

I'm pumped for any new release.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 23, 2016 20:42

Mick Taylor agreed to do some overdubs. He is working hard in the studio right now, sweating on a hot London day...... they agreed on a years consumption of cold beers.

Don't get upset, if you believe in this joke..... smileys with beer why not some fun on a good London summer-day....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 23, 2016 20:49

finally the Stones listened to my advice – the blues album I recommended for years comes true

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 23, 2016 20:54

The news are good. But...

I clearly remember Macca's album of rock'n'roll covers (Back in the USSR, I believe, it was called). Can't say it was any good. It was Macca, though.

On the other hand it is hard to assume the Stones will do better than in 1964. You know, S/T first album.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 23, 2016 21:04

ironbelly

I clearly remember Macca's album of rock'n'roll covers (Back in the USSR, I believe, it was called). Can't say it was any good. It was Macca, though.

On the other hand it is hard to assume the Stones will do better than in 1964. You know, S/T first album.

Although it wasn't entirely a covers album since it contained 3 original songs and 12 covers, Run Devil Run was a better album, imho.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 23, 2016 21:11

ironbelly

Yes, the 'Russian album' as it was also called.
Actually, I rather enjoyed it...I'm not exactly a fan of his solo work either.
Recorded 20 tracks over 2 days in the studio.
That's the way to do it!

By the way, how about a credit to Brian and Stu in the album credits?..........that would be nice.

Date: August 23, 2016 22:05

I haven't found any other media outlets(including the band) making any statements regarding this release. I don't discount BV in the least, just find it odd.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 23, 2016 22:37

Maindefender
I haven't found any other media outlets(including the band) making any statements regarding this release. I don't discount BV in the least, just find it odd.

The reason why you visit IORR is because you are interested in the news BEFORE they go public.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 23, 2016 22:40

Yup. Thanks, bv!

Date: August 23, 2016 22:47

bv
Maindefender

The reason why you visit IORR is because you are interested in the news BEFORE they go public.

And the free continental breakfasts……lol

Yes, very true BV fantastic information thanks over and over

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 23, 2016 22:53

bv
Maindefender

Thanks for all the information bv. When can we expect an official announcement and track list?

Date: August 23, 2016 23:09

I am hearing the album consist of blues versions of Miss You, Tumbling Dice, It's only Rock and Roll, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, SFTD, YCAGWYW, Mid Night Rambler, Gimmie Shelter and Satisfaction!

SHAAAAADDDDOOOOOOBBBBBIIIIIEEEEEEEE

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 24, 2016 00:34

bv
Maindefender

thumbs up

I wonder what songs are gonna be on it. All covers...

Long Gone Train was mentioned as a certain one.

All this made me think of the great BLUES tune from the LICKS sessions in 2002 in Paris. It's on the Four Flicks DVD. "Better leave my something/blues alone".
Little bit of another blues during Shine A Light rehearsals too.

All in all they had years and years to prepare bluessongs to record. No wonder they did it in two days for the spontanity.

I am looking very much foreward to this one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-24 00:52 by RipThisBone.

Date: August 24, 2016 13:00

RipThisBone
bv
Maindefender

thumbs up

I wonder what songs are gonna be on it. All covers...

Long Gone Train was mentioned as a certain one.

All this made me think of the great BLUES tune from the LICKS sessions in 2002 in Paris. It's on the Four Flicks DVD. "Better leave my something/blues alone".
Little bit of another blues during Shine A Light rehearsals too.

All in all they had years and years to prepare bluessongs to record. No wonder they did it in two days for the spontanity.

I am looking very much foreward to this one!

Do you mean How Long Has The Train Been Gone by Lightning Hopkins? I'm curious what the guests line-up will be beyond Clapton. My initial thought was no guests but could be a good idea as long as Keith doesn't get buried in the mix.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 24, 2016 15:53

bv
From the IORR news:

The Rolling Stones will be releasing a new studio album with blues songs early December 2016 worldwide. For details see the new IORR pages dedicated to The Rolling Stones Blues Album 2016:

[iorr.org]

Great News thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: August 24, 2016 16:01

bv
Maindefender

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 24, 2016 21:15

Cristiano Radtke
ironbelly

Although it wasn't entirely a covers album since it contained 3 original songs and 12 covers, Run Devil Run was a better album, imho.

Yeah ! Totally adore that Cajunified Brown Eyed Handsome Man.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home