Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 17:49

B Stage was great. Fans can repeatedly complain about war horses and then turn around and complain about every non war horse played. Unplugged works just fine in a stadium and the songs they will probably rotate will be great to heartongue sticking out smileylay with Fire, Mercy Mercy perhaps, Sweet Virginia and what ever else they have in the arsenal. Probably an unplugged version of LARS also coming. And Dead Flowers was awesome last night. YGTS was the one unfortunately that sent fans to the exits.

Date: June 22, 2019 18:00

i'm happy sad,sad sad got played. steel wheels was a huge album and most tours since 2002 it gets ignored except slipping away or sometimes mixed emotions

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2019 19:00

TD76
YGTS was the one unfortunately that sent fans to the exits

Yes, are we allowed to talk about that? How boring and predictable the Keith set is? Even his banter is predictable. But of course we are expected to cherish the lack of ambition here.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 22, 2019 22:18

Stoneage
TD76

Yes, are we allowed to talk about that? How boring and predictable the Keith set is? Even his banter is predictable. But of course we are expected to cherish the lack of ambition here.

Yes indeed, it´s awful boring. But imagine the riot of disgusted fans if he would play Thief In The Night and Infamy (worst case scenario)... so I am halfway content with YGTS & BTMMR.

Date: June 23, 2019 01:18

Stoneage-I'm not going to set the rules on what we can talk about but, you couldn't not notice that the place emptied at an insanely rapid pace. I'm a "Keith guy" so I enjoy his songs but at the same time, if you don't YGTS is a good time to hit the bathroom. I really enjoyed Wanna Hold You and All About You. But to be honest, if your not a "Keith person" AAY is also a good opportunity for a pit stop.

Date: June 23, 2019 01:30

I see, TD 76. A strange thing I noted is that there seems to be high expectations when his set is introduced; people going "Keith, Keith, Keith".
But then it dies out half a minute into You Got The Silver...

Date: June 23, 2019 01:40

Stoneage-Spot on. Huge chants of KEEEEIIIIITH last night right before the mass exit. I'll add that IMO, last night was the most "casual" fan Stones show I'd been too.

Date: June 23, 2019 16:13

A piece of cake to pick out Tuesday's setlist then. (If it's not raining). Here is my prediction:

01. Street Fighting Man
02. Let's Spend The Night Together
03. Tumbling Dice
04. Sad Sad Sad
05. Vote song
06. You can't Always..
07. Play With Fire
08. Sweet Virginia
09. Sympathy For...
10. Honky Tonk
11. Slipping Away
12. Before They Make Me Run
13. Miss You
14. PIB
15. Rambler
16. SMU
17. JJ Flash
18. Brown Sugar
19. Shelter
20 Satisfaction

Jokers will be Harlem Shuffle and Mercy, Mercy. Will they find their way into the set?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 18:27 by Stoneage.

Date: June 23, 2019 16:24

I think your spot on. I think Harlem will eventually rotate with SSS and I think eventually IORR will rotate at the #2 spot. Down the stretch it will be interesting to see what they add to the B stage. Angie will probably be the most played on tour with the others rotating in and out.

Date: June 23, 2019 16:31

HMS
Stoneage
TD76

Yes indeed, it´s awful boring. But imagine the riot of disgusted fans if he would play Thief In The Night and Infamy (worst case scenario)... so I am halfway content with YGTS & BTMMR.

The worst case scenario is too much more of "You Got the Silver" being performed more often than it should be.

They performed "Thief in the Night" at every second concert in '98 without any riots. Rotating with "You Don't have to Mean It". Very often in '99 as well. The same goes for "Infamy" during the first long stretch of the 2005 tour. Also no riots.

I would take any of those 3 over "You Got the Silver" turning into a warhorse at almost every show.

Date: June 23, 2019 16:34

That's right, TD76. Maybe they will rotate either SSS and/or LSTNT tomorrow? I noted that Angie was well received in the audience also. Maybe Sir Michael saw that too?

Date: June 23, 2019 16:37

Another thing: They received some criticism for not playing a pure blues song in Chicago. Maybe they listened to that and throws in Ride Em' Down? Even if it's not raining?

Date: June 23, 2019 17:00

Winning Ugly VXII

They performed "Thief in the Night" at every second concert in '98 without any riots. Rotating with "You Don't have to Mean It". Very often in '99 as well. The same goes for "Infamy" during the first long stretch of the 2005 tour. Also no riots.

Audiences seem to tolerate Thief In The Night or Infamy if it´s combined with one of his trademark songs like BTMR or Happy.
But imo Thief In The Night combined with Infamy would leave most people disappointed.

I would prefer a combination of You Don´t Have To Mean It & All About You - good songs and rarely performed. Shouldn´t be harder for him to do than YGTS & BTMMR.

Date: June 23, 2019 17:05

why harlem shuffle? why not one hit to the body? at least they wrote that tune

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 23, 2019 17:32

Stoneage
A piece of cake to pick out Tuesday's setlist then. (If it's not raining). Here is my prediction:

01. Street Fighting Man
02. Let's Spend The Night Together
03. Tumbling Dice
04. Sad Sad Sad
05. Vote song
06. You can't Always..
07. Play With Fire
08. Sweet Virginia
09. Sympathy For...
10. Honky Tonk
11. Slipping Away
12. Before They Make Me Run
13. Miss You
14. PIB
15. Rambler
16. SMU
17. JJ Flash
18. Brown Sugar
19. Shelter
20 Satisfaction

Jokers will be Harlem Shuffle and Mercy, Mercy. Will they find their way into the set?

Would hope that they rotate out sad sad sad, but would love love love sweet Virginia.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 17:49

I'm gonna guess a different opener for the second Chicago show:

01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. It's Only Rock 'n Roll
03. Tumbling Dice
04. Sad Sad Sad or another rehearsed song (Harlem Shuffle)
05. Vote Song
06. You Can't Always Get What You Want
07. Play With Fire
08. Sweet Virginia
09. Sympathy For The Devil
10. Honky Tonk Woman
11. Slipping Away
12. Happy
13. Miss You
14. Paint It Black
15. Midnight Rambler
16. Start Me Up
17. Street Fighting Man
18. Brown Sugar
--Encore--
19. Gimme Shelter
20. Satisfaction

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 23, 2019 21:41

keefriffhard4life
i'm happy sad,sad sad got played. steel wheels was a huge album and most tours since 2002 it gets ignored except slipping away or sometimes mixed emotions

Mixed emotins is played one single time since 1990 in 2016.
Sad sad sad very few in 2002-03.
Only one except slipping is rock and a hard place, that was played sometimes over the years.
A pity, I love steel wheels

Wait, I forgot can't be seen ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 21:44 by deardoctor.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 23, 2019 22:05

deardoctor
keefriffhard4life

Only one except slipping is rock and a hard place, that was played sometimes over the years.

If there was one song they could bring back from Steel Wheels, I'd scrap Sad, Sad, Sad in a heartbeat and replace it with Almost Hear You Sigh in the ballad slot.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 23, 2019 22:05

HMS
Stoneage
TD76

Riot? That's some serious chemtrailing you've been doing.

They'd stick around for the excellent Thief In The Night.

People leaving en masse for the bathrooms during Keith's set proves two things: they don't mind not getting their money's worth and they don't own the LP.

Sure, you gotta go you gotta go, and SFTD is the best option.

Date: June 23, 2019 22:09

keefriffhard4life

Because it's not on (enter hits comp here) because it's not really a hit and practically nobody knows it and! They can't play it for shit.

Date: June 23, 2019 22:35

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

Because it's not on (enter hits comp here) because it's not really a hit and practically nobody knows it and! They can't play it for shit.

wow I actually never noticed until you said it that, despite it actually being a top 30 hit, its not on any compilation that I'm seeing. weird

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 22:38

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

I'd much rather hear One Hit...IF they could play it halfway right, which they can't, as you said.

Date: June 23, 2019 22:39

Sighunt
deardoctor
keefriffhard4life

If there was one song they could bring back from Steel Wheels, I'd scrap Sad, Sad, Sad in a heartbeat and replace it with Almost Hear You Sigh in the ballad slot.

I agree they should bring back almost hear you sigh.

I also apologize for the mixed emotions comment. I was half thinking and after it being mentioned I thought it was rock and a hard placed that's gotten just a few plays in the last 27 years but it gets played sometimes. it was mixed emotions as stated that's never played

Date: June 23, 2019 22:40

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

wow I actually never noticed until you said it that, despite it actually being a top 30 hit, its not on any compilation that I'm seeing. weird

It's not weird at all. It's appropriate and accurate.

Date: June 23, 2019 23:00

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

It's not weird at all. It's appropriate and accurate.

I like the song. guess I am not in the majority but if they were going to playa song from dirty work I'd rather they play one hit as the song harlem shuffle to me is junk. not the bands fault. every version by every artist I've heard is junk. of course I'd rather keith play sleep tonight but we know that's not happening

Date: June 23, 2019 23:15

One Hit To The Body would enrich any compilation. Maybe they are just afraid of Jimmy Page knocking at their doors asking for money.

They played that wonderful song a couple of times during SW/Urban Jungle 1989/90 but never managed to get it right. Probably they have given in too soon. Practice makes perfect.

Date: June 23, 2019 23:24

keefriffhard4life
I agree they should bring back almost hear you sigh.

It was super-boring when I heard that song live in 1990. Bring back Undercover followed by Harlem Shuffle and the crowd will go wild.

I hope they skip awful Angie.
They should do Let It Loose.

Date: June 24, 2019 00:14

Agree HMS. OOC is overrated and Almost Hear You Sigh doesn't work well live. I'm not a fan of Angie either but the crowd likes it. It was a big hit in the seventies so they remember it.
Sometimes one must take in consideration what the crowd likes...

Date: June 24, 2019 00:32

HMS
Winning Ugly VXII

Audiences seem to tolerate Thief In The Night or Infamy if it´s combined with one of his trademark songs like BTMR or Happy.
But imo Thief In The Night combined with Infamy would leave most people disappointed.

I would prefer a combination of You Don´t Have To Mean It & All About You - good songs and rarely performed. Shouldn´t be harder for him to do than YGTS & BTMMR.

Thief in the Night has only ever been combined with Happy one time on 8-16-2003.

"Thief" was paired with "Wanna Hold You" in '98 and with either "Before They Make Me Run" or "You Don't Have to Mean It" in '99.

But,I don't disagree too much that they probably need 1 classic in there these days as so much time has passed,

2 Richards warhorses is over-doing it,if you ask me,as many of the casual fans might not be in their seats at that point for the Richards lead vocal section,or know / care about the difference,regardless. So,might as well throw the album buyers a bone with one of them.

I'm not hoping for Infamy necessarily. I was just saying that I would take it over "You Got the Silver" becoming a new warhorse at this point.

If it were up to me,I would choose any of the 3 from 'Bridges to Babylon'. Or "Can't Be Seen" or maybe even a cover song such as "Learning the Game" or "The Harder They Come". "Connection" could always fill the 2nd slot,I suppose.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:34

Replace Sad Sad with Mercy Mercy.

Replace Miss you with Rocks Off

B Stage Deadflowers PWF , Sweet Virginia,

Now the universe is tilted in the right direction

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home