Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 141
Re: Predict The List...
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 16, 2019 15:57

I hope they open with SFM, that was great last year, from Coventry/Cardiff onwards.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 16, 2019 16:16

WelshEdge1
I hope they open with SFM, that was great last year, from Coventry/Cardiff onwards.

It was already great at London I ('Ladies and gentlemen - welcome home: The Rolling Stones')

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: June 16, 2019 16:34

that would be a real bummer if they wasted two slots for Harlem Shuffle or Sad Sad Sad, two horrible Stones songs

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 16, 2019 16:37

At least Mixed Emotions, I think they played this well at Desert Trip.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 16, 2019 16:38

Oh, and Heart Of Stone would be amazing. Hope that one sneaks into the setlist.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 16, 2019 18:42

I knew it, my thread was merged. Thanks for that. Forget it then. What's the point making an effort here? None...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 16, 2019 18:49

Since they didn't play Brown Sugar in the second set of the final rehearsal day it has to be in the first set. And since it is one of their biggest songs ever it will probably be the opener.

So my guess:
01. Brown Sugar
02. It's Only Rock And Roll
03. Tumbling Dice
04. Ride Em On Down
05. Wild Horses
06. Vote Song
07. Sad Sad Sad
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. Honky Tonk Women
10. Slipping Away
11. Before They Make Me Run
12. Sympathy For The Devil
13. Miss You
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Paint It Black
16. Start Me Up
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. Gimme Shelter
19. Satisfaction

Date: June 16, 2019 18:51

frankotero
From the Rehearsal Report page:

They went over lots of up-tempo rockers too - all in one take, amongst others All Down the Line sounded beautifully punchy and sharp! Ditto with Heartbreaker and Rocks off
Heartbreaker would also be a good choice spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2019 19:20

I still think they'll play at least one tune from Blue and Lonesome at every show - their latest album that had some success.
Fine by me as I much prefer all the live versions of those tunes over the studio versions any day.
But if Harlem Shuffle makes the set, not sure of there's room for any more covers...maybe they'll alternate some of them.
And speaking of covers, would love to hear Just My Imagination again, but above all my #1 pick would be Time is on My Side.

As for original/deep cuts, since they dusted off She's a Rainbow recently, it would be great if they played Dandelion this time around - wishful thinking maybe.
And based on what little we know from the rehearsal reports, seems the slim hope of a brand new original tune was nothing but a dream too good to be true...then again ya never know and we'll find out soon enough.

Date: June 16, 2019 19:29

StonedRambler
frankotero
From the Rehearsal Report page:

They went over lots of up-tempo rockers too - all in one take, amongst others All Down the Line sounded beautifully punchy and sharp! Ditto with Heartbreaker and Rocks off
Heartbreaker would also be a good choice spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

They have missed "Heartbreaker" in Chicago, Arizona, Denver, and Washington,D.c. after all of these years.

In the cases of Chicago and Washington,D.C. , they had their Voodoo Lounge concerts early in the tour ..... BEFORE "Heartbreaker" made its return.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 16, 2019 19:30

I'm kind of going to be dissapointed if they don't keep Street Fighting Man in the set. Despite being a deep cut and not being played since '90. Sad, Sad, Sad seems like an odd choice. Undercover of the Night would be great!

Date: June 16, 2019 19:34

longlongwinter
that would be a real bummer if they wasted two slots for Harlem Shuffle or Sad Sad Sad, two horrible Stones songs

I disagree very strongly.

"Harlem Shuffle" and "Sad Sad Sad" would be upgrades over the regular "Like a Rolling Stone" and "You Got Me Rocking" that we have been getting since the mid-'90's.

The warhorses are constant enough. The non-warhorses should be mixed up on different tours.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2019 19:49

longlongwinter

I'd be thrilled to hear Harlem Shuffle - the best tune from DW imo, but Sad, Sad, Sad?
Not amongst their worst (and very far from their best), but very generic sounding...suppose it would be OK live....better than Doom and Gloom, Rough Justice, et al.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 16, 2019 19:50

Hairball:

And speaking of covers, would love to hear Just My Imagination again, but above all my #1 pick would be Time is on My Side.

Agreed. It has been long enough to hear these songs again especially in Chicago. l
Not sure that both were recorded (Still Life) from the 1981 Chi concert. Could be wrong. I know for certain the killer live version of Start Me Up was recorded there in 1981

Still Life will play among others on drive to Miami Concert.

Date: June 16, 2019 19:57

Here it is, Sad Sad Sad, from my first Stones gig in Gothenburg back in 1990 (Urban Jungle Tour). The only video material from that gig.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 16, 2019 20:07

Stoneage
Here it is, Sad Sad Sad, from my first Stones gig in Gothenburg back in 1990 (Urban Jungle Tour). The only video material from that gig.
[www.youtube.com]

Nice video- sounds better live. Funny how everyone thought Mick's hair was strange at that time.

Again - yeah there may not be video coverage other than yours and that is why the Stones need to be on commercial radio (S-XM) so we can hear all the audio recorded songs, interviews, outtakes, alternatives, fan call in discussions, etc... in one repository.

Date: June 16, 2019 22:07

Winning Ugly VXII
longlongwinter

I disagree very strongly.

"Harlem Shuffle" and "Sad Sad Sad" would be upgrades over the regular "Like a Rolling Stone" and "You Got Me Rocking" that we have been getting since the mid-'90's.

The warhorses are constant enough. The non-warhorses should be mixed up on different tours.

agree

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: June 16, 2019 22:13

I think Harlem Shuffle would be a total bummer for most people, especially in a 19 song set opposed to 22. Maybe it will become the new emotional rescue like in 2013. Sad sad sad would be decent but I also think most people wouldn’t be too thrilled. Like a rolling stone works because, they do it well, and literally everyone knows that song. Hand of fate would be really kick ass, always has been one of my favorites. SFM seems to be an ideal opener and worked really well last year. Brown sugar with the long intro, would be a good opener if Mick wanted to make his own delayed entrance to the stage, kinda like he did for under my thumb in Hampton 1981. That’s my take...

In 5 days we will know!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 16, 2019 22:37

Every song before 1997 is welcome

Date: June 16, 2019 23:20

deardoctor
Out Of Control from 1997 worked always well

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 16, 2019 23:36

deardoctor

Yes Indian Girl and Gomper instead of Saint Of Me. I don’t think so

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 16, 2019 23:59

JDSAM1994
I think Harlem Shuffle would be a total bummer for most people, especially in a 19 song set opposed to 22. Maybe it will become the new emotional rescue like in 2013. Sad sad sad would be decent but I also think most people wouldn’t be too thrilled. Like a rolling stone works because, they do it well, and literally everyone knows that song. Hand of fate would be really kick ass, always has been one of my favorites. SFM seems to be an ideal opener and worked really well last year. Brown sugar with the long intro, would be a good opener if Mick wanted to make his own delayed entrance to the stage, kinda like he did for under my thumb in Hampton 1981. That’s my take...

In 5 days we will know!

hopefully Keith won't forget Brown Sugar. I've seen that happen. To be fair, it was in Vegas & they were leaving for Australia the next day. Some things probably needed disappearing, haha.smoking smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 17, 2019 00:15

Cooltoplady
deardoctor

Yes Indian Girl and Gomper instead of Saint Of Me. I don’t think so

I got OOC so often, yes I would enjoy indian girl. But please no more "you got me rocking" , "like a rolling stone" and the usual set we got since hyde park 2013. This is played to death

Date: June 17, 2019 03:03

JDSAM1994

In 5 days we will know!

I would say that in a 19 song set instead of 22 .... there is even LESS of a reason to repeat non-warhorses.

Despite what some may try to lead us to believe,The Rolling Stones are a very established band with a following of fans .... many of whom actually return to see them after seeing them in the past. It's not all newcomers and tourists and corporate people. They will be there,sure,but so will people who have already seen them before.

For people who have seen them before,the real bummer is to get only 1 song different from the previous time.

Nobody goes back and hopes that 18 of the 19 songs are the same ones that they heard the time before. I seriously doubt that is the case,anyway. I have NEVER heard anyone returning say such a thing.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 17, 2019 03:13

Can we exclude Get Off Of My Cloud from the song votes please grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2019 06:47

Winning Ugly VXII
JDSAM1994

In 5 days we will know!

I would say that in a 19 song set instead of 22 .... there is even LESS of a reason to repeat non-warhorses.

Despite what some may try to lead us to believe,The Rolling Stones are a very established band with a following of fans .... many of whom actually return to see them after seeing them in the past. It's not all newcomers and tourists and corporate people. They will be there,sure,but so will people who have already seen them before.

For people who have seen them before,the real bummer is to get only 1 song different from the previous time.

Nobody goes back and hopes that 18 of the 19 songs are the same ones that they heard the time before. I seriously doubt that is the case,anyway. I have NEVER heard anyone returning say such a thing.

I saw them two times on the VOODOO tour and the shows were just different enough. Song wise the differences, a month apart, were Heartbreaker in place of All Down The Line and they added It's All Over Now. Regardless, they seemed a bit frantic early in the tour and a month later way more relaxed.

Date: June 17, 2019 13:21

Was the rehearsals thread merged also? Do we have boots on the grounds of Soldier Field?

Date: June 17, 2019 17:36

Stoneage
Was the rehearsals thread merged also? Do we have boots on the grounds of Soldier Field?

I live near by solider field. I'm going to ride my bike around Tuesday and Wednesday in the afternoon around 1:00 and hang around for a few hours.

-Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-18 01:32 by JDSAM1994.

Date: June 17, 2019 17:41

Hi, Jordan! Please report here if you hear something out of the ordinary!

Date: June 17, 2019 17:46

Stoneage
Hi, Jordan! Please report here if you hear something out of the ordinary!

I will!

If anyone wants to send me a text my number is 630-827-9911 we could start a little stones group text-

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 141

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home