Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142Next
Current Page: 139 of 142
Re: What songs from Hackney Diamonds will make the 2024 setlist?
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 2, 2024 19:16

2 new songs, Angry and another one in rotation, maybe Keith with Tell Me Straight too, that's 3 new songs each night on a 19 song setlist with 15 warhorses and a random/rarity number.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 19:26

georgelicks
2 new songs, Angry and another one in rotation, maybe Keith with Tell Me Straight too, that's 3 new songs each night on a 19 song setlist with 15 warhorses and a random/rarity number.

15 warhorses? They did 11 in 2022. Of course IORR can come back but 15 sounds a lot to me.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 2, 2024 19:54

buffalo7478
I am really hoping they add several songs from Hackney Diamonds to their setlists for the upcoming tour. I am doubting they can handle a 24-25 song show anymore, and will have to replace some regulars. My pick:

Add:
Angry (not my fave song from the record, but it's the single)
Sweet Sounds Of Heaven
Tell Me Straight (Keef needs something new)
Bite My Head Off

Replacing:
Miss You
IORR
Shattered

- IORR has already been replaced (i.e. the song hasn't been performed in 2022 and only three times in 2021)

- Shattered hasn't been a regular song for ages

I guess the rare songs will be replaced HD songs

Date: March 3, 2024 18:51

hockenheim95
georgelicks

15 warhorses? They did 11 in 2022. Of course IORR can come back but 15 sounds a lot to me.

This was the Madrid setlist from 2022 and, for example, where the new songs come in:

Street Fighting Man
19th Nervous Breakdown
Sad Sad Sad (Angry)
Tumbling Dice
Out Of Time
Beast Of Burden (vote song)
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Living In A Ghost Town (Another HD song)
Honky Tonk Women

Introductions

Happy
Slipping Away (Tell Me Straight)
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

I count 15/16 warhorses on that setlist including the song vote.

Date: March 3, 2024 19:17

georgelicks
hockenheim95
georgelicks

This was the Madrid setlist from 2022 and, for example, where the new songs come in:

Street Fighting Man
19th Nervous Breakdown
Sad Sad Sad (Angry)
Tumbling Dice
Out Of Time
Honky Tonk Women

Introductions

Happy
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

To count Out of Time and 19th Nervous Breakdown warhorses is a bit strange...both songs haven't been performed in Europe for at least over 55 years. I think one can argue about Street Fighting Man and Happy but for me a warhorse is a song that is played at every Concert over multiple tours. And for me this is only Tumbling Dice, YCAGWYW, HTW, MY, MR, SMU, PIB, Sympathy, JJF, GS and Satisfaction.

Even SFM is not a warhorse for me. Why? Because they didn't usually play it since 2018 where it wasn't the opener (for example Hyde Park 22, LA 21...)

Date: March 3, 2024 19:55

hockenheim95
georgelicks
hockenheim95
georgelicks

Street Fighting Man
19th Nervous Breakdown
Sad Sad Sad (Angry)
Tumbling Dice
Out Of Time
Honky Tonk Women

Introductions

Happy
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

To count Out of Time and 19th Nervous Breakdown warhorses is a bit strange...both songs haven't been performed in Europe for at least over 55 years. I think one can argue about Street Fighting Man and Happy but for me a warhorse is a song that is played at every Concert over multiple tours. And for me this is only Tumbling Dice, YCAGWYW, HTW, MY, MR, SMU, PIB, Sympathy, JJF, GS and Satisfaction.

Even SFM is not a warhorse for me. Why? Because they didn't usually play it since 2018 where it wasn't the opener (for example Hyde Park 22, LA 21...)

Warhorse is a hit song or a well known song included in every compilation. SFM, Breakdown, Happy are on over 10 compilations and live albums.

Out Of Time is the slot for a rarity, it went so well during the last tour that it was included at every show...and we missed the rarity slot too.

The song vote is another one for a warhorse when they include Angie, She's a Rainbow or Beast Of Burden in the vote.

A Rolling Stones show in a stadium with a 19 song setlist is what it is, a 80% hits show with 3-4 "surprises" thrown in.

Date: March 3, 2024 20:01

georgelicks
hockenheim95
georgelicks
hockenheim95
georgelicks

Street Fighting Man
19th Nervous Breakdown
Sad Sad Sad (Angry)
Tumbling Dice
Out Of Time
Honky Tonk Women

Introductions

Happy
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

Warhorse is a hit song or a well known song included in every compilation. SFM, Breakdown, Happy are on over 10 compilations and live albums.

Out Of Time is the slot for a rarity, it went so well during the last tour that it was included at every show...and we missed the rarity slot too.

The song vote is another one for a warhorse when they include Angie, She's a Rainbow or Beast Of Burden in the vote.

A Rolling Stones show in a stadium with a 19 song setlist is what it is, a 80% hits show with 3-4 "surprises" thrown in.

Then we might have very different opinions of what a warhorse is but I think when you ask 10 people here on IORR you'll get 10 different opinions.

Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 3, 2024 20:01

Replace YCAGWYW with Sweet Sounds. Replace Miss You with anything (Mess It Up, maybe?). Please play Bite My Head Off.

Leave SFTD, Dice, and Rambler at home. Play some more unplayed stuff.

An ideal setlist, IMHO

Honky Tonk Women/Get Off OF My Cloud
Under My Thumb
Fool To Cry or Memory Motel
Angry
Monkey Man Or Rocks Off
Star Star

Acousticish Set while sitting:

Angie or Wild Horses
Out Of Time
Tell Me Straight
Coming Down Again

Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Sweet Sounds
JJF
Brown Sugar or Satisfaction

Bite My Head Off or Get Close
The Last Time

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 3, 2024 21:13

Keith should add 'Waiting for my Man" to his mini set!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 4, 2024 12:00

Elmo Lewis
Replace YCAGWYW with Sweet Sounds. Replace Miss You with anything (Mess It Up, maybe?). Please play Bite My Head Off.

Leave SFTD, Dice, and Rambler at home. Play some more unplayed stuff.

An ideal setlist, IMHO

Honky Tonk Women/Get Off OF My Cloud
Under My Thumb
Fool To Cry or Memory Motel
Angry
Monkey Man Or Rocks Off
Star Star

Acousticish Set while sitting:

Angie or Wild Horses
Out Of Time
Tell Me Straight
Coming Down Again

Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Sweet Sounds
JJF
Brown Sugar or Satisfaction

Bite My Head Off or Get Close
The Last Time

Agree with most of this, but never leave Tumbling Dice out of a setlist. The way it was played in NYC at the club gig was really really great.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 4, 2024 12:30

bobo
Agree with most of this, but never leave Tumbling Dice out of a setlist. The way it was played in NYC at the club gig was really really great.

My worst fear is that we all think they start playing Tumbling Dice, but it appears
to be Driving Me Too Hard....

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: March 4, 2024 16:48

Angry would be a good opener too smiling smiley

Maybe it's a litte too late to lose the image of a legacy band, but hey it's been 18 years since their previous album right?

Why would you keep songs like IORR and even Tumbling Dice in the setlist, just for the sake of it? Those songs never were big number one hits that everybody knows. By the way, I wouldn't mind if they took satisfaction out of the setlist. There are more than enough other classics so that day trippers will not go home disappointed.

Given their age, I would not be surprised if the setlist was only 16 songs long this tour..

- Angry
- Start me Up
- Shattered
- Whole Wide World/Close to you/Mess it Up
- Ruby Tuesday/Out of Time/Mothers Little Helper
- Paint it Black
- Sweet Sound of Heaven
- Midnight Rambler
- Happy/Before they make me Run
- Tell me Straight / Slipping Away
- Sympathy for the Devil
- Warhorse
- Warhorse
- Warhorse
- warhorse
- warhorse

It's actually a shame that a Stones show after the Keith set is so predictable. There's probably a reason why they prefer to play on autopilot when fatigue sets in, but it would be so refreshing to suddenly hear a song like Let it Bleed, Beast of Burden or Under my Thumb instead of YCAGWYW.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2024 19:19

Jalfstra

Why would you keep songs like IORR and even Tumbling Dice in the setlist, just for the sake of it? Those songs never were big number one hits that everybody knows. By the way, I wouldn't mind if they took satisfaction out of the setlist. There are more than enough other classics so that day trippers will not go home disappointed.

I am afraid that the day trippers would actually go home disappointed if they don't hear "Satisfaction". That's their signature number, like Mick once described it.

But what goes for IORR and "Tumbling Dice", yeah, I guess not many would notice anything or at least feel like having let down, if they choose not to play those. But I think the reason why "Dice" is a war horse and been that about since 1972 is that it works damn well on crowds. It has an unique groove that gets the audience go wild no matter If they are that familiar with it or not. I think the band has a few tracks like that on war horses list: they just pragmatically do well. For example, "Midnight Rambler" is not big radio hit at all, but they seem charm any audience with that one (it looks like its existence is taken for granted, so that its daring nature for a big stadium number seems to be forgotten).

Quite regularly played IORR also is a sure stadium pleaser with that spot-on sing-along chorus. To an extent "You Got Me Rocking" works similarly - there is a reason why they seem to play it rather often for a latter-day tune.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-04 19:23 by Doxa.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: March 4, 2024 19:49

I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
2. Rotate Song (LSTNT, 19NB, IORR, Shattered, GOOMC)
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rotate Song - 'Rarity' (RO, Bitch, MM, LARS, DF, etc.)
6. Rotate Song - HD (WWW, BMHO, GC, maybe DS for Texas)
7. Rotate Song - Ballad (BOB, WH, SAR, RT, Angie)
8. Sweet Sounds of Heaven (maybe shortened and without the reprise?)
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. Rotate Keith Song (TMS, YGTS, SA)
12. Rotate Keith Song (BTMMR, Happy, maybe even "I'm Waiting For the Man")
13. Sympathy For The Devil
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:
18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Swaps with SSOH if Gaga guests)
19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I think this is the most likely scenario in terms of songs but order is subject to change obviously. I Could also see Angry being placed a little later in the set, maybe before Honky Tonk Women - or maybe during the last half it goes over well with the crowd?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-04 19:50 by FeelslikeaGhost.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: March 6, 2024 13:35

How about:

1. Play most of the warhorses first, so the tourists can be happy and leave later, when more gems are played.

and

2. Take a halftime break, so they can play more songs. So many other bands do this now.

Get Close to You and Whole Wide World are my HD choices.

Date: March 6, 2024 13:43

FeelslikeaGhost
I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:

I think this is the most likely scenario in terms of songs but order is subject to change obviously. I Could also see Angry being placed a little later in the set, maybe before Honky Tonk Women - or maybe during the last half it goes over well with the crowd?

Can't see any reason why Keith would rotate Tell Me Straight. I'm guessing it will be played on every show of the tour.

Date: March 6, 2024 21:26

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-06 23:06 by Doxa.

Date: March 6, 2024 23:04

DandelionPowderman
FeelslikeaGhost
I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:

Can't see any reason why Keith would rotate Tell Me Straight. I'm guessing it will be played on every show of the tour.

Yeah, a great new ballad followed by everlasting "Happy". Can do no wrong, and everybody's happy.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-06 23:07 by Doxa.

Date: March 7, 2024 00:00

DandelionPowderman
FeelslikeaGhost
I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:

I would think so too but with Keith you never know. On the ABB tour he played the new songs at the beginning but Infamy never made it to Europe and This Place Is Empty was only played in rotation with other songs. On the licks tour he didn't even try Loosing My Touch.

Btw I was really happy to see The Worst back in 2018 but he only played it 3 times although it went quite good. Never understood this decision to switch back to Silver. Maybe Mick complained it was too short.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 7, 2024 00:25

hockenheim95, I think Keith didn't do The Worst because it's not as much of a crowd pleaser. By the way I was in Hockenheim 1995 and what a hot day it was!

Date: March 7, 2024 01:48

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
FeelslikeaGhost
I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:

I would think so too but with Keith you never know. On the ABB tour he played the new songs at the beginning but Infamy never made it to Europe and This Place Is Empty was only played in rotation with other songs. On the licks tour he didn't even try Loosing My Touch.

Btw I was really happy to see The Worst back in 2018 but he only played it 3 times although it went quite good. Never understood this decision to switch back to Silver. Maybe Mick complained it was too short.

Oh sure. What is IORR without good old conspiracy theories. Mick, of course. He controls everything. I wonder if Keith even can go to toilet without Mick's approval. Most likely Mick even dictates what Keith can do there. Poor Keith.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-07 01:49 by Doxa.

Date: March 7, 2024 07:17

Doxa
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
FeelslikeaGhost
I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:

Oh sure. What is IORR without good old conspiracy theories. Mick, of course. He controls everything. I wonder if Keith even can go to toilet without Mick's approval. Most likely Mick even dictates what Keith can do there. Poor Keith.

- Doxa

Come on, that was meant as a joke!

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: March 7, 2024 09:04

As much as I’d love some variation, I am not expecting any radical shifts from format at this point. I think the start of tour will look like this, but they’ll drop, swap, and shorten (most likely starting with “Dreamy Skies”). I could do without the hyper-extended “Miss You”—swap it for a couple of other gems—but I think it serves a purpose to take the pressure off Keith and Ronnie, and to an extent, Mick, to save momentum just ahead of the finale. Curious if they’ll keep “YCAGWYW” and “Rambler”, but I expect they will. I suppose they’ll do the vote again, too…

1. Angry
2. SFM/LSTN/Cloud/Shattered
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Mess it Up
5. All Down the Line/Beast /Bitch/19th/IORR
6. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
7. Dreamy Skies
8. Virginia/Let it Bleed/Dead Flowers
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Tell Me Straight
11. Before they Make Me/Happy/Connection (Waiting for My Man would be appreciated, too)
12. Sweet Sound of Heaven
13. Miss You
14. Paint It Black
15. Start Me Up
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
--
18. Sympathy for the Devil
19. Satisfaction

Posted by: rocknrollal ()
Date: March 7, 2024 12:55

Favorite off HD is LIVE BY THE SWORD. That would be a great concert song, and yes I know BW and CW played on that track. Maybe they could show video of them during the song as a tribute.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 7, 2024 17:32

rocknrollal
Favorite off HD is LIVE BY THE SWORD. That would be a great concert song, and yes I know BW and CW played on that track. Maybe they could show video of them during the song as a tribute.

My favourite too. This instead of Mess it up, please!!!

Flying in from Perth to Vegas and Seattle shows. Mess it Up would … mess it up for me. My least favourite song on HD.

And Dreamy Skies followed by Sweet Virginia/ Let it Bleed/ Dead Flowers per JivinSisterFanny’s list above would be a bit of a drag. One country song please …

Rod

Date: March 7, 2024 21:27

hockenheim95
Doxa
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
FeelslikeaGhost
I'm Guessing:

1. Start Me Up
3. Angry
4. Tumbling Dice
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
14. Miss You
15. Paint It Black
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore:

- Doxa

Come on, that was meant as a joke!

grinning smileythumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: March 8, 2024 04:56

1-Intro: I'm Alright turns into SMU.
2-Angry.
3-Dice.
4-Almost Hear You Sigh.
5-Ruby Tuesday.
6-YGMR.
7-WWW.
8-Rough Justice.
9-HTW.
10-Tell Me Straight.
11-Little T & A.
12-OOC.
13-SSOH
14-SFM.
15-PIB.
16-Monkey Man
17-JJF.

18-GS.
19-Satisfaction.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: March 22, 2024 00:25

I hope the Stones change up the order of the setlist this year because It's been pretty stagnant since about 2014. Unless I'm missing something, is there a reason HTW always has to be before band Intros? Why do Miss You and Midnight Rambler Have to come right after Keith's set? If they're gonna play these 11 or so War Horses consistently, they should at least change the order a bit. Since this tour/album cycle is being marketed as a 'new era' of the Stones maybe we will see some changes?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 22, 2024 11:12

The fewer changes made, the fewer changes to remember for band & crew alike.

Sad though it is for we lunatics, they aren't thinking about the audience members who attended the last show ...let alone the last ten.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: March 22, 2024 14:26

georgelicks

I concur, this. 95% of the audience doesn´t know a new album even exists, 4% will recognize Angry and go:" Gee I¨ve heard this on the gym a few times, it´s the Stones? Great!".. And maybe the remaining 1% is us hardcore fans.

Mick knows this, and he will design the set accordingly.

Expect this and you wont be disappointed

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-22 14:38 by dedospegajosos.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142Next
Current Page: 139 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home