Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142Next
Current Page: 138 of 142
Re: Sweet Sounds of Heaven on Tour
Date: February 1, 2024 13:46

Regarding SSOH.......Lady Gaga herself may even put in an appearance at a show...

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 1, 2024 17:51

I am not sure SSOH would work well in a stadium setting………….it is a slow paced song.
I Got The Blues worked at the Marquee and SSOH worked at the Rackett, but unless they come out into a small stage in the audience, which they are not going to do again imho, then I just can’t see SSOH working well.

I also doubt they will be playing a 2 hour set list any more, unless it is seated!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 1, 2024 17:58

Kingbeebuzz
I am not sure SSOH would work well in a stadium setting………….it is a slow paced song.
I Got The Blues worked at the Marquee and SSOH worked at the Rackett, but unless they come out into a small stage in the audience, which they are not going to do again imho, then I just can’t see SSOH working well.

I also doubt they will be playing a 2 hour set list any more, unless it is seated!

They won't be seated and they will play 2 hours. Book it.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 2, 2024 15:28

Rockman
Whole Wide World will surely make the list ...

That audience sing-along power that will unite the place .....

Yup, all to easy to imagine a great big ole singalong ............. should be great !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 2, 2024 15:43

paulywaul
Rockman

Yup, all to easy to imagine a great big ole singalong ............. should be great !

When was the last time an audience sang along to a new song? Must be Saint of Me. Honestly I can't imagine the audience singing along to WWW in 2024.

Date: February 2, 2024 16:51

hockenheim95
paulywaul
Rockman

When was the last time an audience sang along to a new song? Must be Saint of Me. Honestly I can't imagine the audience singing along to WWW in 2024.

I've absolutely no idea !

I can, you can't ! So, I guess we'll see ? Firstly, they have to actually play it. Assuming they do, then perhaps one of us will be to some extent proven right, and other perhaps not ? Such is life !

Date: February 2, 2024 16:59

hockenheim95
paulywaul
Rockman

Why not? It's a killer chorus! thumbs up

I remember loud singing on D&G in London 2012, btw winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-02 16:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: February 2, 2024 18:35

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
paulywaul
Rockman

And Out of Time on the last tour.

Date: February 2, 2024 18:50

ChrisL
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
paulywaul
Rockman

And Out of Time on the last tour.

Thank you. I'm glad someone occasionally agrees with something I say .......

Doesn't happen very often ! grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 2, 2024 21:29

Kingbeebuzz

You mean like how slow paced songs like Worried About You, Fool To Cry, Wild Horses, Ruby Tuesday and Angie don't work in a stadium setting?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 2, 2024 21:34

Stoneage
If you follow the standard setlists the last decades you will see that new material is included in the first set of the show, usually between song 3 and 8. After that it's the usual suspects.
Usually they include 2 new songs which sometimes ends in 1 song before the tour is over. My guess is that the 2* new songs will be upbeat songs since that is the pattern of the first set of songs.

* Angry will be one of them. The second one is up for guess...

that would be crazy. I mean: label a tour "Hackney Diamonds" and do as if nothing has happened, that there's no difference between HD and Grrrr...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 2, 2024 22:16

maumau
Stoneage
If you follow the standard setlists the last decades you will see that new material is included in the first set of the show, usually between song 3 and 8. After that it's the usual suspects.
Usually they include 2 new songs which sometimes ends in 1 song before the tour is over. My guess is that the 2* new songs will be upbeat songs since that is the pattern of the first set of songs.

* Angry will be one of them. The second one is up for guess...

that would be crazy. I mean: label a tour "Hackney Diamonds" and do as if nothing has happened, that there's no difference between HD and Grrrr...

Who knows, maybe it will be different this time around? I'm just describing the usual pattern of stadium tours since decades. And when the tour starts the album will be more than half a year old
- which is nothing now but quite some time in the good old days when they released an album a year...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 2, 2024 22:20

Kingbeebuzz

Why won't they come out into a small stage on this tour?

~"Love is Strong"~

What songs from Hackney Diamonds will make the 2024 setlist?
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 1, 2024 19:47

I am really hoping they add several songs from Hackney Diamonds to their setlists for the upcoming tour. I am doubting they can handle a 24-25 song show anymore, and will have to replace some regulars. My pick:

Add:
Angry (not my fave song from the record, but it's the single)
Sweet Sounds Of Heaven
Tell Me Straight (Keef needs something new)
Bite My Head Off

Replacing:
Miss You
IORR
Shattered

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-01 20:27 by buffalo7478.

Re: What songs from Hackney Diamonds will make the 2024 setlist?
Date: March 1, 2024 20:00

Angry
Whole Wide World
Mess It Up
Tell Me Straight
Sweet Sounds Of Heaven

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: March 1, 2024 20:38

My guess is Angry, Whole Wide World, Bite My Head Off and Tell Me Straight stay fairly regularly. Then some one-off swaps like Dreamy Skies at one of the southern state shows. Maybe pair it with Dead Flowers/Sweet Virginia. Or Lady Gaga does a guest appearance in Vegas for SSOH. Could also see them giving Get Close a shot somewhere.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 1, 2024 20:54

Angry. SSOH. Tell Me Straight.

Replace Miss You and a Keith song.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 2, 2024 00:23

DandelionPowderman
Angry
Whole Wide World
Mess It Up
Tell Me Straight
Sweet Sounds Of Heaven[/quote

agreed

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 01:18

Angry
Tell Me Straight
SSOH

are the regulars. Could see BMHO, MIU, WWW getting rotated, tho MIU would make a GREAT replacement for the pedestrian MY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-02 01:19 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 2, 2024 02:36

I’m hoping for Live By The Sword. And others.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 2, 2024 05:59

Hopefully a lot of the new album will be played live. It’s a great album and I’d rather hear the new songs than Satisfaction, Sympathy and Miss You and many others for the millionth time.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 2, 2024 06:17

I’m greatly looking forward to hearing Satisfaction, Sympathy and MY live too!

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: March 2, 2024 10:07

Angry and Tell Me Straight - I think at every show

Whole Wide World, Bite My Head Off and Sweet Sounds of Heaven - heavy rotation

Outside chance at some shows: Mess it up (because it's the other single and radio play) and I am hoping Get Close gets a look in - think it's a cool riff for Keith and audiences who don't even know the song could quickly pick it up for a sing a long.

Personally I would be very happy to not hear Bite My Head Off.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 10:15

Racket songs & tell me straight

1-2 ocassionally add ons

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 2, 2024 11:34

Angry and Tell Me Straight are both definite inclusions, in my opinion. They may have a coupe of other numbers in rotations; Whole Wide World; Mess it Up, and Bite My Head Off being three probable's. I'm unsure about Sweet Sounds of Heaven. A duet with Ga Ga, perhaps, but I don't envisage it being one they'll dig out too frequently.

Let's be clear though: if they tour Europe and the U.K. again, we'll be down to Angry, only. We all should recollect that the inclusions from A Bigger Bang, by the end, had dwindled down to Rough Justice alone. Or am I misremembering?

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 12:40

Regarding the new songs, it will also be interesting to see if "Ghost Town" will remain in as heavy a rotation as previously, or if the inclusion of any of the HD tracks ultimately replace it.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 2, 2024 16:38

Angry...Whole Wide World....Driving me too hard...Tell me straight....

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: March 2, 2024 17:31

at this point it would be nice to have 6 new song per show. now maybe that like some girl tour.
what different song could you open with and set the pace???
i don t see ghost town coming back.
could you just do racket and add 5 warhorses and 2 covers or 2 more h d songs.
the lou reed song is a wish..houston i m hoping for alot

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 18:35

sf37
Regarding the new songs, it will also be interesting to see if "Ghost Town" will remain in as heavy a rotation as previously, or if the inclusion of any of the HD tracks ultimately replace it.

I would be very surprised If they'd ever play it again. I think 4-5 HD songs (including Tell me Straight) at the first shows will be realistic and maybe 3-4 at later shows.

Angry is the first single but it didn't really work for me at the Racket. I think they'll still try to do it.

Sweet Sounds of Heaven is a mystery to me. I wouldn't be surprised If they'd play it at every show (maybe replacing YCAGWYW or at least the spot it got since 2017) but I wouldn't be surprised either If they don't play it at all.

WWW and BMHO worked both great at the Racket. Maybe they'll put both in rotation.

Tell me Straight is for me the most obvious one. Keith will play this.

Driving me too hard and Dreamy Skies are songs that I think they'll try in the tour at some concerts.

Mess it Up and Live by the sword are songs I can't imagine they'll play. And I don't think they'll work in a Concert setting.

Close to You and Depending on you? Maybe once or twice but I don't think and don't hope so.

Rolling Stone Blues? No Chance...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 2, 2024 18:58

buffalo7478
I am really hoping they add several songs from Hackney Diamonds to their setlists for the upcoming tour. I am doubting they can handle a 24-25 song show anymore, and will have to replace some regulars.

You think? They havent regularly played shows of that length in three decades. They're hardly going to start doing it in their 80's

I'd expect to hear 'Angry' and maybe 'Whole Wide World' regularly. Maybe 'SSOH' although Mick doesnt like to do too many slow numbers, especially newer songs. It would probably have to replace 'YCAGWYW' which would be a big call.

I'd be surprised if 'Tell me straight' gets played in Keith's miniset too often, if at all. Bit too much of a snoozer.

I dont expect more than 2-3 HD songs. Especially now that the album has been out for over 6 months. If they do start off by playing 3-4 songs, as usual they'll drop them for better known songs when Mick reckons they're not creating enough of a buzz.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-02 19:00 by Gazza.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142Next
Current Page: 138 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home