Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142Next
Current Page: 137 of 142
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 15, 2024 23:58

jason8903
All they have to do is to go back to 25 songs a night. if all Paul can do 38 songs Mick can do 25. this format covers all the WHs, new songs which be rotated also and 6-8 slots to rotate in deep cuts to make everyone happy.

1.JJF
2.rotate song
3.new song
4.new song
5.TD
6.rotate song
7.rotate song
8.new song
9.acoustic sit down- rotate song
10.acoustic sit down- rotate song
11.acoustic sit down- rotate song
12.new song
13.HTW
14.Keith rotate song
15.Keith rotate song
16.Miss You
17.MR
18.SMU
19.PIB
20.SFTD
21.IORR
22.YCAGWYW
23.BS
24.GS
25.Satisfaction

haha – you shouldn't forget that a lot of the Beatles songs Macca performs are just 2-3 minutes long. In other words: he does 4-5 songs in the same time the Stones do 'Miss You' and 5-7 (early) Beatles songs take the same time as 'Midnight' Rambler… And I guess you don't wanna hear 3 minutes version of Rambler…

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: January 16, 2024 00:25

VoodooLounge13
tommyturbo76
After 55 years, as long as they keep opening with Street Fighting Man I'm happy..

I want something new and surprising. Angry would fit both categories. In my 13 shows I've had:

Satisfaction - 1
JJF - 5
SFM - 2
SMU - 4
PIB - 1

I've seen all openers since 1969 (40-ish shows). I Wanna Be Your Man O2 was a nice surprise, SMU during Steel Wheels was great, but then SFM in London was for me the best. Maybe it's because I remember the anger of the 60s but also because they've played it so well..... ps Not Fade Away was disappointing 1994..

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: January 16, 2024 01:55

ok what about all the great 3/4 min. songs the stones have. they could play 3 in 15mins that could take a set from just ok to over the top.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: January 17, 2024 21:34

They could have Keith sing one of the hits if there isn't room in the set for Mick to sing it. Keith wrote so many fantastic ballads that don't get played often because they don't really do a lot of ballads on stage. How cool would it be to hear Keith sing 'Wild Horses', 'Ruby Tuesday' or 'Angie'.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 17, 2024 22:03

I'd love to hear Keith sing Coming Down Again

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 01:54

BeastyBurdeny

This would be great, but I don't expect it.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 20, 2024 11:28

FeelslikeaGhost
How cool would it be to hear Keith sing 'Wild Horses', 'Ruby Tuesday' or 'Angie'.

Nope. A terrible idea. His crooning would destroy those songs everybody knows. A Stones show shouldn't be some sort of joke. People would ask their money back. I would.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-20 11:30 by Doxa.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: January 20, 2024 16:01

I think the 19 songs limit is age-related with the greatest of respect to the band.It must take uo less mental and physical energy to get through 19 separate events than 25. We've seen them start two different songs at the same time on one or two occasions and I think if the band attempted to play 25 songs we might get more of that kind of thing.

The second half of the show is carefully constructed with an intensely enjoyable and also achievable arc. There are a number show of 'breathers' for the band built into it, so i think requesting more songs is futile. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 20, 2024 16:52

BeastyBurdeny

thumbs up and me.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 19:01

A 19 songs average setlist is not age related. They did 19 songs for most of 2014, 2015 and 2016 and then did 22 songs on the opening night of the No filter tour in 2017. They can play more song if they want to. And I think we will get more on the opening night. Houston will be special. The last opening night in Hamburg included many special songs including Play With Fire, Dancing with Mr D and Under My Thumb.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 22:22

bakersfield
I think the 19 songs limit is age-related with the greatest of respect to the band.It must take uo less mental and physical energy to get through 19 separate events than 25. We've seen them start two different songs at the same time on one or two occasions and I think if the band attempted to play 25 songs we might get more of that kind of thing.

The second half of the show is carefully constructed with an intensely enjoyable and also achievable arc. There are a number show of 'breathers' for the band built into it, so i think requesting more songs is futile. I hope I'm wrong.

They played 19 Song sets already in 2003. I don't think it's age related. The shows are still very long. Most are over 2 hours. On the A Bigger Bang tour they were sometimes shorter than two hours.

Starting two different songs? I know the Respectable/Whip and the IORR/Satisfaction cases from 1998/2005. But that's quite some time ago. When did this happen in the last years?

Date: January 21, 2024 03:47

I could see the opening night of this tour having 21-22 songs and quickly going down to 19 songs. I could also see Angry being the opener.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2024 05:54

1.Angry
2.Get Close
3.Whole Wide World
4.Mess It Up
5.Tumbling Dice
6.IORR
7.Hide Your Love
8.Bitch
9.Flight 505
10.Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love)
11.Hey Negrita
12.Send It To Me
13.Hang Fire
14.Coming Down Again
15.Tell Me Straight
16.Miss You
17.Start Me Up
18.Gimme Shelter
19.Street Fighting Man
20.Honky Tonk Women
21.Jumpin' Jack Flash

Date: January 21, 2024 10:04

GasLightStreet
1.Angry
2.Get Close
3.Whole Wide World
4.Mess It Up
5.Tumbling Dice
6.IORR
7.Hide Your Love
8.Bitch
9.Flight 505
10.Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love)
11.Hey Negrita
12.Send It To Me
13.Hang Fire
14.Coming Down Again
15.Tell Me Straight
16.Miss You
17.Start Me Up
18.Gimme Shelter
19.Street Fighting Man
20.Honky Tonk Women
21.Jumpin' Jack Flash

That would be a very spicy meatball.

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: January 22, 2024 19:37

1. Intro Video // Angry
2. Let's Spend The Night Together
3. Shattered
4. Bite My Head Off
5. Get Close
6. 100 Years Ago
7. Whole Wide World
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Sweet Sounds Of Heaven
10.Tell Me Straight [KR]
11.Happy [KR]
12.Sympathy For The Devil
13.Midnight Rambler
14.Paint It Black
15.Angie
16.You Can't Always Get What You Want
ENCORE:
17.Jumpin' Jack Flash
18.Honky Tonk Women
19.Start Me Up
20.(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 25, 2024 18:04

As this is most likely their final North American tour please do 22-23 songs

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 25, 2024 18:55

babyblue
As this is most likely their final North American tour please do 22-23 songs

Hell, I thought 2021 would be their last US tour...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 25, 2024 19:12

It's time to let HAPPY be a live duet song again with the full band.
No reason for Mick to leave the stage on this one anymore.

And, yes, Keith still gets a two-song slot but it shouldn't include HAPPY ever.

Sweet Sounds of Heaven on Tour
Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: January 31, 2024 20:27

Do you think they will play this one on tour with Chanel singing Lady Gaga’s part? One of the things I love about this song is how incredible Gaga is, yet she does not steal the show from Mick. I think Chanel can handle it and hope they add it as a regular to their setlist.

Re: Sweet Sounds of Heaven on Tour
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 31, 2024 20:29

I hope so!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: January 31, 2024 20:34

I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't played.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 31, 2024 20:55

TrulyMicks1
Do you think they will play this one on tour with Chanel singing Lady Gaga’s part? One of the things I love about this song is how incredible Gaga is, yet she does not steal the show from Mick. I think Chanel can handle it and hope they add it as a regular to their setlist.

Probably belongs in the setlist thread, but, if they play 3 HD songs, I'd guess they'd be Angry, SSOH and Tell Me Straight. But what do I know?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 31, 2024 21:37

If you follow the standard setlists the last decades you will see that new material is included in the first set of the show, usually between song 3 and 8. After that it's the usual suspects.
Usually they include 2 new songs which sometimes ends in 1 song before the tour is over. My guess is that the 2* new songs will be upbeat songs since that is the pattern of the first set of songs.

* Angry will be one of them. The second one is up for guess...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-31 21:46 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 31, 2024 22:34

I guess the HD songs they played at Racket will rotate in the setlist

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2024 23:06

Whole Wide World will surely make the list ...

That audience sing-along power that will unite the place .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 31, 2024 23:40

It better had make the list! I am no doubt in a minority but I won't be upset if Angry and Sweet Sounds of Heaven don't make it, but I know that's not going to happen. They'll be great live so I'll go with the flow. but there are other songs off the album that I'd rather hear.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 1, 2024 00:05

SSoH will be on there for sure. There's no way there going to have female singers onstage and not do it. What's the optic otherwise, "we can't pull it off without Lady Gaga"?

I think there's a strong possibility the show starts with Angry, We get two more from HD, maybe revolving so WWW and Get Close or Mess It Up or Bite My Head Off, one of the Keith songs is Tell Me Straight. If there's a b-stage Rolling Stone Blues, and SSoH in place of YCAGWYW or GS.

So I predict 4 or 5 from HD, which is a high proportion given they're doing fewer songs overall, but I think they want to shake things up.

Date: February 1, 2024 10:30

Stoneage
If you follow the standard setlists the last decades you will see that new material is included in the first set of the show, usually between song 3 and 8. After that it's the usual suspects.
Usually they include 2 new songs which sometimes ends in 1 song before the tour is over. My guess is that the 2* new songs will be upbeat songs since that is the pattern of the first set of songs.

* Angry will be one of them. The second one is up for guess...

+ Keith's song, of course.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 1, 2024 12:23

Another thing with SSOH is that it's a ballad (soul) which means that they have to move either Gimme Shelter, Miss You or YCAGWYW to make space for it. Which calls for a decision to be made...

Date: February 1, 2024 13:01

Stoneage
Another thing with SSOH is that it's a ballad (soul) which means that they have to move either Gimme Shelter, Miss You or YCAGWYW to make space for it. Which calls for a decision to be made...

They'll probably move YCAGWYW earlier in the set, like they've done before.

Can't see them skipping it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...132133134135136137138139140141142Next
Current Page: 137 of 142

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home