Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2015 14:35

<<Does it matter if we STRAY off topic a bit? Does it matter if we say where we'd LIKE them to play? Are we THAT STRICT here??>>

That's not the issue. When the rumours can't be seen for wishlists, which is what had happened on similar threads in the past, obviously because wishlists are a lot more numerous than rumours, then the original purpose of the thread is defeated and anyone expecting to find rumours has a hard time weeding them out. Anyone with wishlists can easily start a thread on that subject instead of clogging up this one.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 5, 2015 17:54

Georgelicks, in your opinion when they should start recording sessions, maybe in the fall after keith album?!?

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: August 5, 2015 18:09

mailexile67
Georgelicks, in your opinion when they should start recording sessions, maybe in the fall after keith album?!?

Where is BAM to refute these statements?

I hope these rumors of a meeting/tour/album are true but there are far too many people on this board ready to recite the rules instead of discussing the band.

Date: August 5, 2015 19:07

...Discussing the band?!?Now that they are stopped is usual that people make hypothesis on the future...Keep calm and carry on, mate!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 5, 2015 19:14

mailexile67

After the South American tour, no more activity this year except the meetings and tour plans for early 2016.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 5, 2015 20:16

indystonesfan
mailexile67

Where is BAM to refute these statements?

I hope these rumors of a meeting/tour/album are true but there are far too many people on this board ready to recite the rules instead of discussing the band.

Agree, all that negative energy and drama is a downer...I can't see being able to do SA, so I'm really hoping the album rumor pans out.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: August 5, 2015 23:39

bv
IT would save a LOT of space if this thread was used for real rumours and not just dreams and "Please come to London" and so on. It will just fill up this thread and make it less interesting.

Feel free to start a separate thread named "Please play my home town Stones". Then I am sure there will be hundreds of posts there and we may concetrate on the real rumours here. Right now I sort of loose interest in posting here because it is just 90% noise.

The only REAL rumour so far is the fact that they plan to tour South America early next year, and the fact that a leading press source have mentioned (leaked info from Brazil) Sao Paulo Sun 21 Feb and Tue 23 Feb 2016. Which would mean a more compact tour than the previous ones 2013-2015.

Again, see Bjornulf's thoughts above on the wish lists etc. The wish lists really crowd up these threads as they get larger.

Posted by: Shadoobie9 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 17:42

I have heard from a very good source that there is discussion of a large concert/festival for next Summer in upstate NY. Reportedly Stones, Springsteen, Dave Matthews, Journey & Kiss, among those being discussed.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 10, 2015 18:28

Shadoobie9
I have heard from a very good source that there is discussion of a large concert/festival for next Summer in upstate NY. Reportedly Stones, Springsteen, Dave Matthews, Journey & Kiss, among those being discussed.

You had me at "very good source"..
Lost me at "...& Kiss" cool smiley

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 10, 2015 18:48

MisterDDDD
Shadoobie9

You had me at "very good source"..
Lost me at "...& Kiss" cool smiley

did the same with me: at "journey" then, the "....& kiss" threw me to the pavement and trounced me silly

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 10, 2015 19:59

There is not much to say at the moment regarding the 2016 plans of the Stones. I know they talk about recording a new album. That will probably happen as soon as the Keith Richards album is out. It is good P.R. to keep one activity only on the radar at the time. For August and September it is KEITH and his album.

Then they have offers for things to do for the time to come, so we just have to see what other venues or places will leak out info. So far it is Brazil only. They don't need to sign that deal for quite a while still.

PS. Some ask why I don't publish every single rumour I get. There is one very good reason: Because I need to get a rumour from at least two different sources. If I post a certain rumour, from one source, like The Stones playing Cuba next year, it will boomerang from many other places and it will be impossible to know if it is a real show or just the same weak rumour from a good or bad source. I am not evil when I keep my cards close to my chest, I just need to secure the quality of the rumour before I put it out here on IORR.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-10 20:02 by bv.

Date: August 10, 2015 20:17

Thanks for all BV, and excuse me for every time that I wanna know more news, but I am always exciting about the band!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 11, 2015 02:31

Thanks, BV. Your updates are much appreciated.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: August 11, 2015 08:53

bv
There is not much to say at the moment regarding the 2016 plans of the Stones. I know they talk about recording a new album. That will probably happen as soon as the Keith Richards album is out. It is good P.R. to keep one activity only on the radar at the time. For August and September it is KEITH and his album.

Then they have offers for things to do for the time to come, so we just have to see what other venues or places will leak out info. So far it is Brazil only. They don't need to sign that deal for quite a while still.

PS. Some ask why I don't publish every single rumour I get. There is one very good reason: Because I need to get a rumour from at least two different sources. If I post a certain rumour, from one source, like The Stones playing Cuba next year, it will boomerang from many other places and it will be impossible to know if it is a real show or just the same weak rumour from a good or bad source. I am not evil when I keep my cards close to my chest, I just need to secure the quality of the rumour before I put it out here on IORR.

So, are you saying that the Stones will play Cuba next year?

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 11, 2015 15:02

Now you are talking about a 2016 tour.
To the youngsters on this board:
For USA people:
USA tour 1981 than waiting till 1989("Steel Wheels")
For European people:
European tour: 1982 than waiting till 1990 ("Urban Jungle")
At that time we were young and we had to wait 8 years to see them back on stage!!!

Now,you are young and want to see them maybe every year on tour?
Be patience,

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: August 11, 2015 21:54

tioms
Now you are talking about a 2016 tour.
To the youngsters on this board:
For USA people:
USA tour 1981 than waiting till 1989("Steel Wheels")
For European people:
European tour: 1982 than waiting till 1990 ("Urban Jungle")
At that time we were young and we had to wait 8 years to see them back on stage!!!

Now,you are young and want to see them maybe every year on tour?

yup

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 12, 2015 03:58

Time waits for no one!

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: August 12, 2015 04:28

MrThompsonWooft
bv

So, are you saying that the Stones will play Cuba next year?

Yes, that is what the tea leaves are telling us- this is how information is slowly released about tour plans, etc. read the board awhile and you will see plenty of these

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:11

South American tour to begin February 3rd in Santiago de Chile?

[www.futuro.cl]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 23, 2015 17:44

erikjjf
South American tour to begin February 3rd in Santiago de Chile?

[www.futuro.cl]

Great news

Nate thumbs up

Date: August 24, 2015 05:42

I live in Santiago and the date is given as confirmed on the radio and television.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 24, 2015 07:25

KeylockSanchezandCo
I live in Santiago and the date is given as confirmed on the radio and television.

that's awesome news.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 24, 2015 08:16

stones airplane in lima:

http stones please dont stop dot blogspot dot com
(cut and paste link won't work -- go to augusto archieves. see august 20)

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-24 08:24 by little queenie.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 24, 2015 09:33

Santiago de Chile, Chile tour start rumoured for Wednesday Feb 3 is added to the 2016 list of possible tour dates. Source: Numerous high profiled sources in Chile.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2015 10:59

bv
I just need to secure the quality of the rumour before I put it out here on IORR.

And for that we thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 24, 2015 11:01

KeylockSanchezandCo
Sweet!!! All seems righter with the world when the Rolling Stones are on tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-24 11:04 by everwest1.

Date: August 25, 2015 00:00

After South America they'll come in Europe in June or in North American major cities in Sept./Oct.?!?

Date: August 25, 2015 18:34

mailexile67
After South America they'll come in Europe in June or in North American major cities in Sept./Oct.?!?

I don't see them doing back to back 2015/2016 NA dates. Very unlikely based on past tour histories.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 25, 2015 20:28

Very good for South America to be able to stage a Stones tour.

But then we read the news / rumour that at the moment is my highest wish to see realized about the Stones, if it is possible to have that hope anew. Far greater for me than to experience a live show again under the present conditions.

bv

However, with such an album recorded, hopefully featuring not only one or two suitable songs, but some songs that the band was to fervently want to present live, then I would / (will) so much desire to see the band live again. Passionately would I wish it then.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 25, 2015 21:15

Looks like a world recession is about to kick in
All bets are off
Possibly no Stones tour
You heard it from me first
70 billion off the stock market yesterday
China weakness will effect the global economy
Its 2008 all over again IMHO

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 51