Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Date: July 21, 2015 23:07

LadyJane
And then depression set in. sad smiley

Thanks for the info BV.

Lots of time to replenish the Stones Slush fund.

....or spend it on David Gilmour tickets.grinning smiley
Four more NA dates go on sale Monday, 7/27.

See you there!

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 21, 2015 23:14

sdstonesguy
bv
If you have trusted information related to tour rumours please e-mail the IORR editor at the address below, so that sources and rumours may be checked out and verified. Thanks!

Not trying to be snarky here, but are you saying that if I hear a rumor from a good source, I need to email you so you can verify my source and then you will determine if my information may be posted so other fans can know about it?

If you want to have a good relation to me then you tell me something about yourself, and we start talking. Then we share information. IORR is built on trust. I don't see your name so to me you are a stranger, you might be anybody.

Anybody might publish a rumour. Also false rumours. On purpose. There has been rumours about club shows in many cities over the years. I have worked with IORR since 1980 and I have talked to fans and insiders for 44 years. If you want to contribute to IORR then I need to talk to you yes. If you want to publish solo anonymous then fine but then I would not be able to verify and correlate with other info. I have seen some examples of such this summer, those rumours were definitely of no substance.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 21, 2015 23:26

Ok, I understand...didn't mean to get you in a twist. I've been posting here since 1997 & never had to ask for permission to post before. If I had an inside tip, I'm sure I would not violate that person's trust by telling you (or anyone else) who told me.

I get it, it is your website and you make the rules. I was really just asking a question as it seemed a new thing to have to ask you to verify who I know & what they know before posting. It may rub me the wrong way, but I am just a guest here like everyone else but you, this is your site and I respect that. That said, I am not going to violate anyone's trust for you or anyone else.

For the record...we've met many times...and gotten along just fine. The rules just seem to be changing here and I am trying to keep up. Cheers.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 21, 2015 23:27

bv
River Plate Stadium BA and so on. The most popular stadiums they do have in South America. Plenty in Brazil, always a Nationale stadium around. Similar to Zip Code but I am only guessing. Arena tour in South America does not make any sense to me.

Yes, and you have to take into account the economy of somewhere like Argentina, where the local populace could never afford the inflated ticket price of an arena show.

Date: July 22, 2015 00:42

sdstonesguy
Ok, I understand...didn't mean to get you in a twist. I've been posting here since 1997 & never had to ask for permission to post before. If I had an inside tip, I'm sure I would not violate that person's trust by telling you (or anyone else) who told me.

I get it, it is your website and you make the rules. I was really just asking a question as it seemed a new thing to have to ask you to verify who I know & what they know before posting. It may rub me the wrong way, but I am just a guest here like everyone else but you, this is your site and I respect that. That said, I am not going to violate anyone's trust for you or anyone else.

For the record...we've met many times...and gotten along just fine. The rules just seem to be changing here and I am trying to keep up. Cheers.

If you know me well then feel free to send me an e-mail. No need to talk anonymously to me here in the public, it just sounds strange to me, so I will close this discussion now.

What I am trying to say is that it is a free world. Nobody needs to talk to anyone about anything, but I have friends who talk to me. Nothing special with that.

There are no rules about rumours. I don't need to know anything, but then again if you tell me nothing then don't expect me to tell you a lot...

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2015 00:43

LadyJane
And then depression set in. sad smiley

Thanks for the info BV.

Lots of time to replenish the Stones Slush fund.

Aren't you buying the plethora of rereleases?!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 22, 2015 04:45

paulywaul
sarahunwin
Gotta save and figure how to take time off. Going back to My hometown London next summer. First time in 14 years so hoping for a summer show to accompany the exhibit!

Well be sure to come and visit me then .... Ms Sparkly Top !! cool smiley

Definitely - maybe we can hit the pub and visit the exhibit!!!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 07:57

I have no idea how reliable this source is, but it says (according to the Google translator :-) That it has been confirmed, that The Stones will play Sao Paulo on the 21st and 23rd of February: [musica.uol.com.br]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-22 07:58 by Happy24.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 22, 2015 08:25

Happy24
I have no idea how reliable this source is, but it says (according to the Google translator :-) That it has been confirmed, that The Stones will play Sao Paulo on the 21st and 23rd of February: [musica.uol.com.br]

UOL is generally pretty reliable. Specific venue and dates indicate that there's a very good basis for the report - Do they say rumored or confirmed?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 08:41

drbryant
Happy24

UOL is generally pretty reliable. Specific venue and dates indicate that there's a very good basis for the report - Do they say rumored or confirmed?

Bellow is the Google translation of the first half of the article. I think that "official" confirmation can only come from The Stones, so I guess the word is used a bit loosely here. Still, it sounds promising.

"It is officially confirmed. The Rolling Stones will perform in São Paulo, at the stadium Allianz Park, Palmeiras, on 21 and 23 February 2016 respectively Sunday and Tuesday. The information was confirmed to UOL by the press office of AEG, the company that manages the stadium.

Also according to the AEG, the band Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is also playing in Rio de Janeiro in early 2016, but has not yet confirmed the venue nor the date. They were not informed ticket values.

Palmeiras stadium administrator, the AEG group also includes AEG Live, the company that owns the "ZIP Code Tour", the global tour in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Stones."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-22 08:42 by Happy24.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 22, 2015 12:35

desertblues68
2015 is going to be a Stoneless year for me after 3 wonderful years and 4 magnificent performances in London and Berlin. Miss them so much, and had hopes for Knebworth. Hope to see them in the UK or Europe in the near futuresmileys with beer

Exactly the same for me (except I did Rome instead of Berlin). Really wanted to try and get to the states this summer but it didn't work out, but I can't complain too much because we have been so lucky to get 3 years in a row - and periscope has been a fantastic consolation for those of us at home.

Also hoping to get to see them again in UK or Europe. Or even SA if possible (and even if I can't make it there, I really hope SA fans get a chance). smiling smiley

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: July 22, 2015 12:58

I can't offer you any serious rumours...

But along with 'EXHIBITIONISM' from April to September 2016 I think it's highly probable that they will do the one or other show in London winking smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 13:19

Hope that SA happens as the fans there have been waiting for ages. They will probably be concentrating on their families and personal projects in the next few months and be ready to hit the road again in the new year. Looking forward to reading, periscoping and YouTubing their next performances and hopefully to being there againsmileys with beer

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: July 22, 2015 13:48

Just wanted to comment on SA rumors a bit. Having travelled in Brazil and Venezuela over several decades it makes sense to do multiple shows in the mega-cities and in stadiums for the following reasons: 1) cost for production and ticket economics 2) security (unlike Europe and NA security becomes problematic in SA for different reasons). 3) geography- the money is in the cities and the distances are vast. As someone else noted being in Rio is very different from Brasilla or Sao Paolo so multiple shows is a good idea.

I personally think, after reading this board for over ten years And knowing "how" to read the info that SA will happen in early 2016.

The London photo show will end in September then Keith gets his solo release time which was already contractually set up before zip code and delays of last year. We all know the band like to have late November through January as private time away from public. So I doubt Keith will do concerts but I think instead he'll do Jimmy Fallon and perform, maybe SNL, a few promo videos, etc. then a break.

The Stones will most likely do a short tour of UK next summer 2016 - perhaps a few shows in Russia with another re-release of out takes. There is more from the tattoo you sessions to be mined....

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 14:07

Logically we'll have a South American Tour in Feb/March 2016, then min. 1 show in London, plus a Summer (mainly East) European Tour in places like Moscow, Warsaw, Prague, Budapest, Bucurest, Belgrade, Milan, Munich, the Baltics, some festivals.
Another option in the next 2-3 years is a travelling Rolling Stones-Exhibition ('EXHIBITIONISM') with 3-5 shows in large metropolises around the world like London, then Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, etc.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-22 14:25 by 1962.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 22, 2015 14:07

A few shows in Russia in the context of a European tour, or just a few shows in Russia period? I can't really see them playing anywhere other than Moscow and Petersburg (although it would be great if they did). There would likely be political issues standing in the way of another Red Square concert, and if not Red Square I'm not sure where else in Moscow they would play.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 22, 2015 15:43

I think if they are physically able, they will do South America jan, February. I think overall they made a shit load of money off zip code dates. Hoping for new album next spring and could imagine(again if everyone is fit) a return to the USA for 15 more shows but major market ie: NYC, PHILLY, LA, CHICAGO, BOSTON once last time sine it would be 3 yrs at that point that those markets were hit, and oh yes they do need to rap it all up in London. Also, if physically able I'm sure these markets will be unfortunately stadiums.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 15:49

I think North America has had a good run this year, time for their home country to get some gigs again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-22 15:51 by Rollin92.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 22, 2015 16:46

indystonesfan
Just wanted to comment on SA rumors a bit. Having travelled in Brazil and Venezuela over several decades it makes sense to do multiple shows in the mega-cities and in stadiums for the following reasons: 1) cost for production and ticket economics 2) security (unlike Europe and NA security becomes problematic in SA for different reasons). 3) geography- the money is in the cities and the distances are vast. As someone else noted being in Rio is very different from Brasilla or Sao Paolo so multiple shows is a good idea.

I personally think, after reading this board for over ten years And knowing "how" to read the info that SA will happen in early 2016.

The London photo show will end in September then Keith gets his solo release time which was already contractually set up before zip code and delays of last year. We all know the band like to have late November through January as private time away from public. So I doubt Keith will do concerts but I think instead he'll do Jimmy Fallon and perform, maybe SNL, a few promo videos, etc. then a break.

The Stones will most likely do a short tour of UK next summer 2016 - perhaps a few shows in Russia with another re-release of out takes. There is more from the tattoo you sessions to be mined....

Nice thinking, but I would be surprised. It would be great to see them visit cities such as Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow, but I think it may just be London.

Olly.

Date: July 22, 2015 17:07

Rollin92
I think North America has had a good run this year, time for their home country to get some gigs again.

This is when they played shows during the past 10 years:

United Kingdom : 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013
South America : 2005

USA or UK?

USA population : 319 million people
UK population : 64 million people

USA is five times more populated than UK. There are still many large cities with no shows since ten years ago in USA/Canada West, like Seattle, Vancouver and so on. I would not mind having more shows in UK and Europe, but there are simply too many places asking for the Stones to tour now. Then you have some 20 countries in East Europe, a bunch of countries in Asia including India, Thailand, a long list really. If their goal is to close the circle I mean...

Bjornulf

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 17:17

If they intend to close the circle there is one place to go to Londonsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-22 17:37 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: July 22, 2015 18:35

bv - loooooong time lurker here. Previously KennedyLetsWork, but lost my login credentials.

Just wanted to know I appreciate your great info. You provide a great service to all of us.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 22, 2015 19:11

The Rolling Stones are a London band, as they point out on their Facebook page.

I don't say we deserve more shows here in London, but there is no place like home for any top band or artist, in my humble opinion.

I do live in hope that we will get something before the end of 2016, but my guess is it will be sometime while the Stones exhibition is on down The Kings Road ,between April and September.

Bring it on. thumbs up

Posted by: mi1837 ()
Date: July 22, 2015 19:52

Great to hear more shows are being talked about!

Should the Stones play live in 2016, it will be the fifth consecutive calendar year in which the band has played live!

The last time (pun intended) the boys played five years in a row was 1975 - 1979!

Longest stretch of years in which the Stones played live at least once was 1962 - 1973, 11 years!

Years since band formation in which no Stones concerts were given: 1974, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

Thank you bv for all you do in keeping the site up, rolling and everyone informed!

Best wishes...

Posted by: pcovin ()
Date: July 22, 2015 20:24

sdstonesguy

People amaze me. BV posted a very clear explanation of how to effectively best contribute to IORR, which would be by contacting him privately and together sharing that knowledge/insight to verify its accuracy. If you can compare notes together that way, you might be able to determine what the truth is. All too often I see people state rumor from one site as fact on another and it does a disservice to us all. BV has better connections than the rest of us so I'm happy to share with him info I have gathered - like when I spotted a Stones announcement billboard outside of Atlanta earlier this year - that rainy pic which still resides on the IORR news page. If we compare notes and sources, we have a better shot of being right. If you'd rather post solo anonymous, he's still ok with it, but it just doesn't hold as much as weight to the rest of us as info that has been corroborated.

Date: July 22, 2015 20:35

IT would save a LOT of space if this thread was used for real rumours and not just dreams and "Please come to London" and so on. It will just fill up this thread and make it less interesting.

Feel free to start a separate thread named "Please play my home town Stones". Then I am sure there will be hundreds of posts there and we may concetrate on the real rumours here. Right now I sort of loose interest in posting here because it is just 90% noise.

The only REAL rumour so far is the fact that they plan to tour South America early next year, and the fact that a leading press source have mentioned (leaked info from Brazil) Sao Paulo Sun 21 Feb and Tue 23 Feb 2016. Which would mean a more compact tour than the previous ones 2013-2015.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: July 22, 2015 21:21

New rumour
[musica.uol.com.br]

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 22, 2015 21:31

bv
IT would save a LOT of space if this thread was used for real rumours and not just dreams and "Please come to London" and so on. It will just fill up this thread and make it less interesting.

Feel free to start a separate thread named "Please play my home town Stones". Then I am sure there will be hundreds of posts there and we may concetrate on the real rumours here. Right now I sort of loose interest in posting here because it is just 90% noise.

The only REAL rumour so far is the fact that they plan to tour South America early next year, and the fact that a leading press source have mentioned (leaked info from Brazil) Sao Paulo Sun 21 Feb and Tue 23 Feb 2016. Which would mean a more compact tour than the previous ones 2013-2015.

You are absolutly right Bjornulf.....till now let´s see as a rumour .....no more, nor less..... i will hope they will do in Southamerica.....the peoples over there are waiting for so long....

Date: July 22, 2015 21:33

thomas guitar
bv

You are absolutly right Bjornulf.....till now let´s see it as a rumour .....no more, nor less..... i will hope they will do in Southamerica.....the peoples over there are waiting for so long....

Date: July 22, 2015 21:34

thomas guitar
thomas guitar
bv

You are absolutly right Bjornulf.....till now let´s see it as a rumour .....no more, nor less..... i will hope they will do play in Southamerica.....the peoples over there are waiting for so long....

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home