Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: July 23, 2015 04:55

bv
IT would save a LOT of space if this thread was used for real rumours and not just dreams and "Please come to London" and so on. It will just fill up this thread and make it less interesting.

Feel free to start a separate thread named "Please play my home town Stones". Then I am sure there will be hundreds of posts there and we may concetrate on the real rumours here. Right now I sort of loose interest in posting here because it is just 90% noise.

The only REAL rumour so far is the fact that they plan to tour South America early next year, and the fact that a leading press source have mentioned (leaked info from Brazil) Sao Paulo Sun 21 Feb and Tue 23 Feb 2016. Which would mean a more compact tour than the previous ones 2013-2015.

Couldn't agree more with this. I like Bjornulf's approach to gathering rumors. And there's a lot of wishing they would play here or there on these rumor threads. These aren't rumors, it's just idle talk and it totally crowds up these threads. It's not useful to hear yet another plea that they play London or NY etc. Let's stick to real possibilities/news/rumors of potential shows.

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: July 23, 2015 07:57

If they come back to America next summer/year, they should play in these cities: Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena), Chicago (Solider Field), Denver (Red Rocks), Fort Worth, TX (Texas Motorspeedway) or Arlington, TX (Rangers Ballpark), NYC (Madison Square Garden), & other cities! I wanna hear what y'all think

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 23, 2015 09:15

See the post above.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:38

What's the point in getting excited about South America tour rumors unless you live in SA and can attend shows? Most here including myself could not.

The only excitement would be in the fact that the Stones are still going and that wherever they play they are still ongoing, and that is the thing to be excited about.

They have no plans of retiring now or any time soon. That should be enough to sustain interest.

They will play again, 2016 in SA or elsewhere, so what does it matter where? Many will see them again. They are only 70ish. They will die with their boots on, as B.B. King did at 90ish.

Posted by: jcooz ()
Date: July 23, 2015 15:18

Interesting. Will Ronnie have time for a Faces reunion tour? Anyone know anything about that?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:45

stonehearted
What's the point in getting excited about South America tour rumors unless you live in SA and can attend shows? Most here including myself could not.

The only excitement would be in the fact that the Stones are still going and that wherever they play they are still ongoing, and that is the thing to be excited about.

They have no plans of retiring now or any time soon. That should be enough to sustain interest.

They will play again, 2016 in SA or elsewhere, so what does it matter where? Many will see them again. They are only 70ish. They will die with their boots on, as B.B. King did at 90ish.

IORR is a worldwide site so IORR post all news about tours. If you don't care about shows in South America then fine but why do you spend time telling us you don't care?

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:47

bv
stonehearted

IORR is a worldwide site so IORR post all news about tours. If you don't care about shows in South America then fine but why do you spend time telling us you don't care?

smileys with beerthumbs up
jeroen

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:49

jkundl
If they come back to America next summer/year, they should play in these cities: Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena), Chicago (Solider Field), Denver (Red Rocks), Fort Worth, TX (Texas Motorspeedway) or Arlington, TX (Rangers Ballpark), NYC (Madison Square Garden), & other cities! I wanna hear what y'all think

And Seattle hopefully!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 23, 2015 18:16

Thanks for the updates BV! I plan on travelling to SA should the tour pan out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 20:12 by Woz.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:22

Happy24
I have no idea how reliable this source is, but it says (according to the Google translator :-) That it has been confirmed, that The Stones will play Sao Paulo on the 21st and 23rd of February: [musica.uol.com.br]

Thanks for the info Happy24! I think secrets may be harder to keep in SA than NA and I suspect some of the press down there will be coming out with similar statements about the other shows. Good catch!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:51

Woz
Thanks for the updates BV< I plan ontravelling to SA should the tour pan out.

Met a gal from Brazil before the Minneapolis show. She loves Keith and couldn't wait for a South America tour. Maybe I should return the favor.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-01 20:57 by shattered.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 23, 2015 20:39

jkundl

Unlikely to play Arlington two years running, surely?

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 21:05 by Olly.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: July 23, 2015 21:03

Agree with Olly on this one.

If they come back to the States it'll be a focus on major markets and the Western cities. Perhaps even a stage change to smaller venue set-up and hit San Francisco, Seattle, Reno, Denver, Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, etc...

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 21:20

indystonesfan
Agree with Olly on this one.

If they come back to the States it'll be a focus on major markets and the Western cities. Perhaps even a stage change to smaller venue set-up and hit San Francisco, Seattle, Reno, Denver, Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, etc...

locations like Reno, Calgary don't have the venues nor could charge the ticket prices needed to meet Stones guarantee.
The next US go round will be the big markets again; LA, SF, PNW, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Philly, DC etc and there's no way they go back to Dallas area after not selling out this time.

Re Sao Paulo rumored shows; I believe this is the same stadium McCartney just played so sounds very plausible.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2015 21:30

I have made a new list of rumoured 2016 dates here:

[www.iorr.org]

Expect more cities to show up here soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 23:39

Thanks BV. It Would be lovely to celebrate my birthday in Riosmoking smiley

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: July 24, 2015 00:17

For those new readers of the board out there: It has been my experience in reading this board for over ten years that when BV puts up the rumored concert page for the next leg of a tour then you can pretty much count on these shows happening. Maybe the dates will change a little, sometimes a stadium gets swapped with another, etc. but except for a personal emergency of a band member you can sleep well at night knowing the Stones will roll out again soon...

Don't book any flights yet and if you've got scoop send it to BV.

I personally cannot travel the world to all the shows that some do but I enjoy reading the posts, reviews, set lists and travel news on this board.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 24, 2015 01:28

Would these South American stadiums typically be floor seating similar to the
USA shows, or would they be general admission standing for the floor? I ask
Because in some of the south American videos the floor looks crazy.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 24, 2015 02:17

swimtothemoon

General admission. Rock concerts here (in stadiums) don't have floor seating like the USA shows this year.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 24, 2015 02:18

swimtothemoon

I believe your last sentence answers your question.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 24, 2015 03:57

shattered

Met a gal from Argentina before the Minneapolis show. She loves Keith and couldn't wait for a South America tour. Maybe I should return the favor.

What favor did she give you?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 24, 2015 04:57

If you have to ask which countries/places are safe to visit, South America (or The Stones) are not for you...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 24, 2015 05:43

jkundl

Never in Texas again. Dull dull crowd. I never saw so many people sitting on their hands.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 24, 2015 07:42

I have convinced the missus to cut back on food, clothes, and the essentials just in case they play SA next year. It is o e hell of a slog from Singapore but worth it. Besides, who needs to eat much anyway?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 24, 2015 11:11

A Pacific-Atlantic-Tour 2016

Honululu, Hawaii
2 x Mexico
La Habana, Cuba
10 x South America
and some Dates in South Africa

would be a nice trip ...

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: July 24, 2015 11:45

hooked
bv
IT would save a LOT of space if this thread was used for real rumours and not just dreams and "Please come to London" and so on. It will just fill up this thread and make it less interesting.

Feel free to start a separate thread named "Please play my home town Stones". Then I am sure there will be hundreds of posts there and we may concetrate on the real rumours here. Right now I sort of loose interest in posting here because it is just 90% noise.

The only REAL rumour so far is the fact that they plan to tour South America early next year, and the fact that a leading press source have mentioned (leaked info from Brazil) Sao Paulo Sun 21 Feb and Tue 23 Feb 2016. Which would mean a more compact tour than the previous ones 2013-2015.

Couldn't agree more with this. I like Bjornulf's approach to gathering rumors. And there's a lot of wishing they would play here or there on these rumor threads. These aren't rumors, it's just idle talk and it totally crowds up these threads. It's not useful to hear yet another plea that they play London or NY etc. Let's stick to real possibilities/news/rumors of potential shows.

I would love to go to South America next year, thank you winking smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 24, 2015 11:59

bv
stonehearted

Quite normal for Americans. Obviously, many people here think IORR was made for US citizens only ...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 24, 2015 14:39

Why make a generalized statement about "Americans" when it was one post from a person about South America? That is very shallow.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 24, 2015 16:28

bv
I have made a new list of rumoured 2016 dates here:

[www.iorr.org]

Expect more cities to show up here soon.

Oh man, that looks mighty fine!! smiling bouncing smiley

Oh, and BTW:

stonehearted

How comes that you haven't heard about this periscope thing yet?
Hehehe, unless the tour takes place on the moon or Mars, we CAN join the shows, you bet! And even then, we could, I s'ppose, because Stones fans are everywhere, right?

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-24 16:30 by waterrats.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: July 24, 2015 17:52

More Hot Rocks
jkundl

Never in Texas again. Dull dull crowd. I never saw so many people sitting on their hands.

bv politely suggested IORRians who have wish lists of US cities for the Boys to play start up separate threads for those cities. OK. So here's a list of American cities one hopes they will play in 2016. The Stones are a bunch of guys over 70 (or near 70) who have been doing this for over 50 years and who I assume just got home from a US Tour in which they played every 3 or 4 days. What the hell do we expect from them? There are Stones fans all over the world who want to see them and are willing to pay for the experience.

One of these days they will either 1) decide enough is enough and it's time to hang it up, or 2) Aargh...one of them doesn't wake up in the morning and that will be that. In the meantime, we should be grateful for what the Stones have given us over the last 50+ years (and continue to give us), and let them figure out if, where, and when they will play. Enjoy the ride while you can. It ain't gonn'a last forever, and there ain't another band that will replace them when they're gone. They can't pass the baton because there isn't anyone to pass it to.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home