Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 8, 2015 19:48

I'm sure bv will start a sticky thread up when the dates are confirmed.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: September 8, 2015 20:29

6s7s9s
Would any of the IORRs who live in South America be willing to provide some basic travel info for those of us who might be travelling from the US / Canada / Europe, etc? I realize each SA country will have different rules.

Are VISAS required for travel to South America? What travel options are available for travel between countries...train, bus, airplane, ferry (I saw mentioned above.) Any other hints you can provide in advance of making firm plans would be helpful.

THX
Air travel is really expensive when compared to Europe and even North America, train travel between countries is non-existent. Bus travel is the way to go. (The ferry option pretty much only applies to travel between Argentina and Uruguay).

I'd say, unless you really need to attend a Buenos aires show, Americans and Canadians should head to Mexico for the sheer convenience of it. For Europeans it really doesn't make much of a difference in terms of convenience, so if you're crossing the pond anyways might as well make it to the southern cone shows.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: September 8, 2015 20:55

6s7s9s
Would any of the IORRs who live in South America be willing to provide some basic travel info for those of us who might be travelling from the US / Canada / Europe, etc? I realize each SA country will have different rules.

Are VISAS required for travel to South America? What travel options are available for travel between countries...train, bus, airplane, ferry (I saw mentioned above.) Any other hints you can provide in advance of making firm plans would be helpful.

THX

You don't need any kind of VISA to Argentina. I don't know about the other countries.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2015 21:00

bbeliko
6s7s9s

THX
Air travel is really expensive when compared to Europe and even North America, train travel between countries is non-existent. Bus travel is the way to go. (The ferry option pretty much only applies to travel between Argentina and Uruguay).

I'd say, unless you really need to attend a Buenos aires show, Americans and Canadians should head to Mexico for the sheer convenience of it. For Europeans it really doesn't make much of a difference in terms of convenience, so if you're crossing the pond anyways might as well make it to the southern cone shows.

For those who might want to come here next year, here's some travel advices:

VISAS: For Brazil, due to the visa reciprocity, some tourists doesn't need it, like those who comes from UK or Germany, for instance, while US and Canadian citizens will need it. You can find a complete list here: [www.portalconsular.mre.gov.br]

Traveling throughout SA it's not as easy as in Europe or USA. There are no trains but you can travel by bus. The only problem with this it's the large amount of time you waste on your trip (for instance, if you take a bus in Buenos Aires to go to São Paulo you will spend 36+ hours on the trip), and it's not exactly cheaper than a plane flight. On this case, foreign tourists can use the Airpass, which allows you to purchase from 4 up to 9 plane tickets. On this link you can choose the best one you want.

Date: September 8, 2015 21:23

BV

DO you expect any more dates. Or do you think this is all just wating to confirm them?

Costa Rica would be nice!

Posted by: AndreSVK ()
Date: September 9, 2015 10:10

Hola!

Do yo have some experiences with ticket sending to Europe for South America’s concerts? I would like to go there from central Europe.

Thanks

Andre smiling smiley

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: September 9, 2015 17:40

No Visas required in Uruguay. You can bring US dollars and change them everywhere at the official rate (there is no black market or anything). You can even pay practically everyhwhere with dollars (restaurants , shops, hotels, etc). You´ll need some Uruguayan pesos for taxis, buses,etc.

For traveling to Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, you should take a plane. Not close enough to go by bus. You can do it but it will take a lot of time.
Not so long to Porto Alegre in Brazil, though,if the Stones are playing there. 10 hours by bus.

That might be a good and easy option; shows in Buenos Aires, Montevideo and Porto Alegre, all 3 in a row.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 9, 2015 20:57

Those three places would be ideal for those of us travelling.
I do hope Porto Alegre does happen..............as well as all the rest. thumbs up

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 9, 2015 22:16

Unfortunately no direct flights from UK to Uruguay.Might fly into Buenos Aires and see the show there,and fly from there.Or maybe Brazil,depending on confirmed dates.

It will be interesting to see when tickets come on sale.For the previous River Plate gigs I seem to remember buying them on line first,and collecting on arrival.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 13, 2015 17:15

I just met Ronnie Wood again this afternoon and Ronnie said that the South American tour will be 14 shows.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 22:26

...So probably there will be the 13 show here mentioned and maybe another one between:Costarica,Puertorico,Ecuador or a Cuba final free concert...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 13, 2015 22:51

Yeah it slipped my mind at the time to ask where this 14th show would be as I was also talking to Ronnie about the Faces gig he played last week but I'm sure we will all find out soon.

Really looking forward to this South American tour it's going to be an amazing experience.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 14, 2015 00:32

What about Paraguay?
I believe Mick has visited the country on a number of occasions.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: September 14, 2015 19:51

Mick was in Punta del Este,Uruguay, one of the most "in" places in South America (120 kms from Montevideo) for a coulpe of days in between concerts in Buenos Aires in 1999.
He flew in in a lear jet, an spent two very quiet days in a great house in the beach that someone lent to him.

IF I ONLY KNEW HOW TO POST SOME PHOTOS i would post photos of Mick running in the beach with a personal trainer. Very rare photos.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 20:25

Ronnie too gone in Uruguay for holydays with her wife about four-five years ago...

Date: September 14, 2015 20:28

Hoping for Costa Rica

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: September 14, 2015 23:49

jumpontopofmebaby
Hoping for Costa Rica

I've wanted to visit Costa Rica for a while - so it would be great if I was able to combine this with a Stones show! Then again, I still don't know if I'll be able to make any of the South American shows - but I'm certainly going to do my best.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: September 16, 2015 04:48

Just heard Keith confirm the announcer on iheart radio the South America tour is a go!!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 16, 2015 05:03

He also said the boys got together in London to discuss new album...I know, I know.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 16, 2015 05:16

varilla
Mick was in Punta del Este,Uruguay, one of the most "in" places in South America (120 kms from Montevideo) for a coulpe of days in between concerts in Buenos Aires in 1999.
He flew in in a lear jet, an spent two very quiet days in a great house in the beach that someone lent to him.

IF I ONLY KNEW HOW TO POST SOME PHOTOS i would post photos of Mick running in the beach with a personal trainer. Very rare photos.

*Sorry OT on this thread, but here is a link that explains how to post pictures.
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: September 16, 2015 06:24

A show in Bogota, Colombia will be interesting. It will definitely be a challenge for Mick as it's at nearly 3000m. When I've flown into Bogota, it'always taken a good day or so to get over the altitude sickness. Aspirin never helped but coca leaf tea does smiling smiley , something Keith should stay away from for sure.

ROLLING STONES COCERT CUBA
Posted by: latcho ()
Date: September 16, 2015 10:04

There are rumors about rolling stones to play a concert in Cuba ???
That's what keith sad in a recent interview yesterday in Paris, to a Dutch journalist.
The article is in Dutch.
[www.volkskrant.nl]

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 19:55

But Cuba is one way up there on the list. Sad to see

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 16, 2015 21:22

Stones50
disagree.

While I may personally agree with you somewhat, I think the Stones policy of "We play to people, not policies", kind of defines their thoughts about the matter. At some level depriving the country of the chance to see the Stones could be considered a human rights abuse in and of itself. I think them playing there would do more good for the people than them not playing there would likely influence any of the leaders ways. Nothing to crack the ice a bit like a Stones concert. smoking smiley

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 16, 2015 21:27

Cuba then 6 nights at MSG!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2015 22:15

Please DO NOT use IORR for political statements.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 16, 2015 22:18

Thank You

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 17, 2015 12:45

Stones50

If Cuba will be on the list, I will go there.
I can imagine a great, great concert.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:12

mtaylor
Stones50

Question is will they finally play live Indian Girl...

Date: September 19, 2015 02:14

kowalski
mtaylor
Stones50

Question is will they finally play live Indian Girl...

Maybe if they play in Angola... winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home