Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Quebec QC Canada 15-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:34

Brstonesfan
Hairball
Brstonesfan
What will BV announce??? Any speculation?

I'm not sure, but I'm still a bit upset right now that MT wasn't involved with this tour.

I began posting here when MT "rejoined" the band in 2012. I am a die hard Taylor guy and that caused many of my posts to cause some anger. While I bitched and whined constantly, I really tried to enjoy this "last tour" and voiced my complaints in the many MT threads...Mick T will always be the Rolling Stones era I grew up with and love the most, but the Rolling Stones are much bigger than one particular member and I have concluded to just accept that I was blessed to see him, greet him, and enjoy the shows .

Great post. thumbs up

Mick Taylor was indeed a thriller in 2012, and am grateful to have seen him with the Stones multiple times then. Congrats on meeting him!
When the announcement was made that there would be "NO MT" this tour, I made the tough decision to see just one show this tour- the opener in San Diego - and it was indeed great show.
I have never subjected myself to seeing the Stones just once on any tour, but there you have it.

I can only hope MT is doing well, and that the rest of the Stones have a well deserved break before they roll around once again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 08:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:36

CloudCat
anyone catch the banter in french?

would love to have a transcription of that!

(including "ca va?" )

According to the review Cristiano posted, Jagger said the crowd was "very chic" and "fantastic," he asked if there was anyone there from Montreal, Saguenay or Trois-Rivières, said Ronnie was the king of poutine (a Canadian dish, basically french fries with cheese and gravy), and said it was their 13th visit to the province. ("Ca va?" is basically like "How ya doin'?" )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 08:37 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:39

Maybe it's not over??? Stones thank for 2015 tour:

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 08:40 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 16, 2015 09:15

Brstonesfan
Yes, that shot of the screen with Mick swaying from side to side with the audience following was mesmerizing.

whose periscope was it on? Michael's ended before the last two numbers and I'm trying to find them on replay!

Date: July 16, 2015 09:17

Oliver - got it!

Date: July 16, 2015 09:43

Brstonesfan
Maybe it's not over??? Stones thank for 2015 tour:

[youtu.be]

This video makes me very happy - I love Charlie - "YES!"

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 16, 2015 10:04

Brstonesfan
Did anyone think Mick and Keith interacted more this tour than the past ? It was not overt affection, but they did not seem to purposely avoid each other. I saw Keith clap after Mick performed MR and Jagger did have some interaction with Keith during MR with the harp and SFM at the start...Off course Mick shared most of his stage antics for RW and has been doing so since 75...

In Milwaukee, I noticed quite a bit of overt affection displayed between the two of them. I was glad to see it, but it did make me wonder . . . I truly hope they keep performing as much and for as long as possible.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 16, 2015 10:55

The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man - Festival d’été de Québec:

Thank you Festival d'été de Québec for an incredible night, what a fantastic way to end a tour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 11:00 by Irix.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 16, 2015 11:01

SFM sounds bonne!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 16, 2015 11:28

Green Lady

What a fantastic shot - Green Lady, you know what I'm about to ask! :E
Who took it? Do you have any way to retrace your steps to where you found it?

Date: July 16, 2015 11:40

with sssoul

It's from [Twitter.com] :

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 16, 2015 12:06

Irix
with sssoul
It's from [Twitter.com] :

Thank you! Timothy Khan appears to be the photographer's name.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 16, 2015 12:32

It can't be over. Just saw a clip of the opening - Keith needs more time to nail the Scarf me Up intro !>grinning smiley<

sc uk

Date: July 16, 2015 12:41

The morning after the night before........just caught up on these 18 pages and sounds like a superb finale to the Zip Code Tour. The wonders of the Periscope has opened up the 'virtual' experience immeasurably. Thanks to all 'scopers!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 16, 2015 13:35

Manofwealthandtaste
The morning after the night before........just caught up on these 18 pages and sounds like a superb finale to the Zip Code Tour. The wonders of the Periscope has opened up the 'virtual' experience immeasurably. Thanks to all 'scopers!

Just catching up too. Periscope is wonderful! I'm slow to catch on to new technology but it's great! Thank you so very much to everyone who scoped and also to everyone who put up such great pictures.

Not thinking about this being the last show (for now - hopefully) right now. Just sitting here with big smile on my face enjoying Oliver's periscope replay! smileys with beer

Date: July 16, 2015 13:40

Rolling Stones - Quebec QC, July 15 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 16, 2015 13:54

Date: July 16, 2015 14:00

Date: July 16, 2015 14:01

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:01

Am also doing catch-up, which started with watching/listening to Oliver's scope of Happy and MR. Total goosebumps - and *what* an amazing crowd!!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:02

I will be away from here for a while, too much work in the next couple days. Will try to post a short review soon though.
I hadn't planned on Periscoping a lot, only wanted to do one or two songs but as everybody kept asking nicely I continued. I also didn't see many others scoping from QC so I kept going. The stage was quite high so holding the phone up didn't bother that much as I had to look up anyways.

Date: July 16, 2015 14:04

On the pre-show RS/Tattoo Parlour scope from on stage, they had buckets full of picks and were putting two picks into envelopes to hand out at random to attendees. Did they do this at every show, I wonder? Did anyone here get one of these envelopes?

Date: July 16, 2015 14:08

ohotos
I will be away from here for a while, too much work in the next couple days. Will try to post a short review soon though.
I hadn't planned on Periscoping a lot, only wanted to do one or two songs but as everybody kept asking nicely I continued. I also didn't see many others scoping from QC so I kept going. The stage was quite high so holding the phone up didn't bother that much as I had to look up anyways.

You did a great job from the little I've so far watched while catching up from the other side of the pond - many thanks! I'm of course hoping that you'll save your scopes for posterity before the 24 hours is up?! I'm not sure how it works but I believe that option is available? Please and thank you!!...

Date: July 16, 2015 14:14

Beast
ohotos

You did a great job from the little I've so far watched while catching up from the other side of the pond - many thanks! I'm of course hoping that you'll save your scopes for posterity before the 24 hours is up?! I'm not sure how it works but I believe that option is available? Please and thank you!!...

Yes, I will second that request from across the water.....please save if possible as may not have the chance to watch them all today!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:19

Manofwealthandtaste
Beast
ohotos

Yes, I will second that request from across the water.....please save if possible as may not have the chance to watch them all today!
Thanks. I have them all saved on my phone and can probably put them in Dropbox or something next week when I have some time.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:40

ohotos
Manofwealthandtaste
Beast

Thanks. I have them all saved on my phone and can probably put them in Dropbox or something next week when I have some time.

That would be great! Another grateful catcher-upper from across the pond! Want to listen to it all now but really should get some work done!

Date: July 16, 2015 14:43

Many thanks in advance, ohotos - it'll be very much appreciated by one and all on this site!

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 16, 2015 15:31

My video from Sympathy:
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: July 16, 2015 15:53

Wishing iorr's travelers safe journeys homeward after this fantastic tour.

Thanks to all who commented, photographed, scoped, shared links and otherwise made it possible for everyone here to enjoy the tour's cities and concerts - it's been a great summer!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 16:23

micwer
My video from Sympathy:
video: [youtu.be]

Great video, thanks for filming/uploading!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home