Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19
Re: Quebec QC Canada 15-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:08

Saw the Stones 9 times since the Steel Wheels Tour in '89 and I simply can't understand how they seem to not lose that energy and that love of playing in front of large crowds.
I really think last night show was the best Stones' show of the nine I saw.
If it was the last for me, then they didn't disappoint me at all.
Thanks Mick, Keith, Ron and Charlie

* By the way, it was particularly weird and funny for me to hear Jagger asking if there were people in the audience coming from the Saguenay.... My little region 200 kms north of Quebec City.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:22

daniel t
Saw the Stones 9 times since the Steel Wheels Tour in '89 and I simply can't understand how they seem to not lose that energy and that love of playing in front of large crowds.

* By the way, it was particularly weird and funny for me to hear Jagger asking if there were people in the audience coming from the Saguenay.... My little region 200 kms north of Quebec City.

They thrive on the large crowds.....most venues sold well, but nothing like last night.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 17, 2015 06:42

Brstonesfan
alieb
wow, 102,000 people according to Mick!

Did they play to 100k in Europe ???

Last year at the Rock in Rio Lisbon there was more than 100k.

Date: July 17, 2015 06:53

Thanks...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 17, 2015 11:25

Love your post Bjornulf and Keith does come over as a very caring person at times.

He is only human after all, although his legendary life and fantastic charisma over the past 50 + years seems to put him on a different status to most so called 'Stars'.

Gonna post these videos of whole Quebec show as Quebec videos post will drop to page 2 or 3 anytime now. Some of you may have missed it. smileys with beer

Whole show in two Parts. Big thanks to Michael Morin. thumbs up
[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:16

daniel t

Yeah. The answer to this is may be here: Since the 2002/3 Licks Tour Mick is assisted on every tour by online-expert who is guiding him through everything concerning the Stones or other subjects that matter to him/the band. One meeting this internet-guide is pre-show (after or before rehearsal) to prepare the lines between the songs.
Local news/important issues of the town/country etc. AND: They always have a look at the Ticketmaster-list of ticket-orders and the addresses where the where shipped to. Extraordinary/interesting addresses sometimes make it into the show.thumbs up

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 17, 2015 20:47

me & some norwegians...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 17, 2015 21:35

I only recognise one person who I have met many times over the years, but wouldn't be surprised if I said hello to the other three on my first ever visit to Scandinavia.
That was to see The Rolling Stones on the first gig of the Europe Tour at Telenor Arena, Oslo last year.
Fantastic time in a fantastic city. smileys with beer

Date: July 17, 2015 22:08

Emotional

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:14

Just arrived home late last night from Quebec City after driving all day back to Detroit to drop car get on plane..

What an amazing concert and phenomenal place to have it.
Met so many great fans and had so many great experiences in traveling to the last three shows of this tour.

When/where's the next?? cool smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:13

Micwer wrote:

"U2 is doing 5 or 6 MSGs, so the Stones shouldn't have any problem".

Due to their age, I don't think the Stones prefer to do multiple arena gigs at the same city anymore. They save powers, doing a stadium show every 3 or 4 days and reducing the number of the nights they have to spend. I think the "Zip Code Tour" model is the fit model for the upcoming rounds (I suppose South America "comes" next...)

BTW the average attendance per stadium show, on "Zip Code Tour", is the attendance of the 1997-98 tour (not including arenas). Their popularity remains huge, considering the current ticket prices and the high frequency of their tours, since 1989...

Date: July 18, 2015 01:47

laertisflash
Micwer wrote:

Due to their age, I don't think the Stones prefer to do multiple arena gigs at the same city anymore. They save powers, doing a stadium show every 3 or 4 days and reducing the number of the nights they have to spend. I think the "Zip Code Tour" model is the fit model for the upcoming rounds (I suppose South America "comes" next...)

BTW the average attendance per stadium show, on "Zip Code Tour", is the attendance of the 1997-98 tour (not including arenas). Their popularity remains huge, considering the current ticket prices and the high frequency of their tours, since 1989...

They could not sell out more than 2 MSG shows....we saw that even MSG is no longer a sure bet for the Stones.

Date: July 18, 2015 02:50

Brstonesfan
laertisflash
Micwer wrote:

They could not sell out more than 2 MSG shows....we saw that even MSG is no longer a sure bet for the Stones.

Biggest rubbish in this week so far.angry smileyyawning smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2015 03:25

caschimann
Brstonesfan
laertisflash
Micwer wrote:

Well Indy sold 80,000+ tickets with a greater area population of around 2,000,000. New York greater area has a population of around 20,000,000.

So doing the simple math we might say the Stones could sell 800,000 which would be about 44 nights at MSG. I know the math probably isn't a good direct correlation but even conservatively saying they could sell 1/4 of those, that's still 11 nights!

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet they could sell a week of shows at MSG with no problem. New York people love The Stones, they love the hottest ticket in town and I wouldn't underestimate either of those things. Plenty of folks would probably try to attend every show.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 18, 2015 05:40

maumau
SFM

question about SFM, has Tim always come out in the end on soprano sax? Chuck does a great job in the end jam as well. These sidemen are doing a hell of a job. There's plenty of slamming them here but this is the best band on earth with talent to spare. Matt Clifford does not play on every song yet so often I hear something great and find it's him.

Date: July 18, 2015 09:19

Naturalust
caschimann
Brstonesfan
laertisflash
Micwer wrote:

Well Indy sold 80,000+ tickets with a greater area population of around 2,000,000. New York greater area has a population of around 20,000,000.

So doing the simple math we might say the Stones could sell 800,000 which would be about 44 nights at MSG. I know the math probably isn't a good direct correlation but even conservatively saying they could sell 1/4 of those, that's still 11 nights!

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet they could sell a week of shows at MSG with no problem. New York people love The Stones, they love the hottest ticket in town and I wouldn't underestimate either of those things. Plenty of folks would probably try to attend every show.

Indy only sold 49k...the last time the Stones did 6 shows at MSG was 1975...I think it is unrealistic to think they could do more than 2-3 shows at most at the current pricing.

Date: July 18, 2015 10:34

Naturalust
caschimann
Brstonesfan
laertisflash
Micwer wrote:

So doing the simple math we might say the Stones could sell 800,000 which would be about 44 nights at MSG.

LOL! What a great way to start a day with a post like yours Naturalust!smileys with beer

Date: July 18, 2015 10:36

Naturalust
caschimann
Brstonesfan
laertisflash
Micwer wrote:

LOL! What a great way to start a day with a post like yours Naturalust!smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 18, 2015 11:52

Doesn't matter whether they could sell out any venue x nights running - there is no way on earth that they are going to attempt that these days.

Rolling Stones - Quebec, July 15 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:37

From photographer Renaud Phillipe's FEQ photoset:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 18:00 by bye bye johnny.

Date: July 18, 2015 17:38

Date: July 18, 2015 17:39

Date: July 18, 2015 17:41

Date: July 18, 2015 17:42

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:42

Brstonesfan wrote:

"The last time the Stones did 6 shows at MSG was 1975..."

So what? Since then they're doing shows at different venues, in the area of NY- NJ. MSG, Giants Stadium, Albany arenas, etc. For example, they attracted over 170,000 people in 2005-06, the same in 1997-98 tour, over 201,000 people in 1994.

You know, these numbers are clearly bigger than the sum of 6, 7 or even 8 nights at MSG...

So, what exactly do you think you prove, recollecting the... ancient Stones "activity" ONLY as for MSG?

Date: July 18, 2015 17:44

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 18, 2015 17:45

Great pics as usual, bye bye johnny. Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

Date: July 18, 2015 17:50

Date: July 18, 2015 17:51

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 18, 2015 18:03

Cristiano Radtke
Great pics as usual, bye bye johnny. Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

Yes, they really are fantastic photos - thanks!

Also thanks very much to Michael Morin for the show on youtube (and thank you to Crawdaddy for posting here).

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 18:07 by MarthaTuesday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home