Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19
Re: Quebec QC Canada 15-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 19, 2015 11:04

ohotos
Manofwealthandtaste
Beast
ohotos
I will be away from here for a while, too much work in the next couple days. Will try to post a short review soon though.
I hadn't planned on Periscoping a lot, only wanted to do one or two songs but as everybody kept asking nicely I continued. I also didn't see many others scoping from QC so I kept going. The stage was quite high so holding the phone up didn't bother that much as I had to look up anyways.

You did a great job from the little I've so far watched while catching up from the other side of the pond - many thanks! I'm of course hoping that you'll save your scopes for posterity before the 24 hours is up?! I'm not sure how it works but I believe that option is available? Please and thank you!!...

Yes, I will second that request from across the water.....please save if possible as may not have the chance to watch them all today!
Thanks. I have them all saved on my phone and can probably put them in Dropbox or something next week when I have some time.

I would love to be DropBoxed!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 19, 2015 20:49

RS Mag published some pictures of the Quebec show, definitely looks like a younger crowd than the rest of the tour.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 19, 2015 23:29

OK, I think I finally figured out how to post the pictures...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-20 18:10 by micwer.

Date: July 20, 2015 18:09

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 20, 2015 22:58

What's with the Stage height and the Barrier?

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: July 20, 2015 23:36

midimannz
ohotos
Manofwealthandtaste
Beast
ohotos
I will be away from here for a while, too much work in the next couple days. Will try to post a short review soon though.
I hadn't planned on Periscoping a lot, only wanted to do one or two songs but as everybody kept asking nicely I continued. I also didn't see many others scoping from QC so I kept going. The stage was quite high so holding the phone up didn't bother that much as I had to look up anyways.

You did a great job from the little I've so far watched while catching up from the other side of the pond - many thanks! I'm of course hoping that you'll save your scopes for posterity before the 24 hours is up?! I'm not sure how it works but I believe that option is available? Please and thank you!!...

Yes, I will second that request from across the water.....please save if possible as may not have the chance to watch them all today!
Thanks. I have them all saved on my phone and can probably put them in Dropbox or something next week when I have some time.

I would love to be DropBoxed!

Just started uploading them, will probably take a while until they are all up. Sorry, didn't have time to rename them so you have to find out what is what.
One thing I didn't like about Periscope is that there is no way to do landscape video and save the videos correctly... I hate vertical video!

Date: July 21, 2015 04:40

midimannz

I was super close to the stage, hence the barrier.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: July 21, 2015 06:04

micwer
midimannz

I was super close to the stage, hence the barrier.

Yep, the stage was crazy high, probably around 3 meters / 10 feet!
From Keith's side I didn't see a lot of Ronnie and no Bernard or Chuck (other than on the screens).

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: July 21, 2015 07:07

Naturalust
RS Mag published some pictures of the Quebec show, definitely looks like a younger crowd than the rest of the tour.

[www.rollingstone.com]

I hate to pour some cold water on the 100,000 ticket sales for the Stones...but it wasn't quite the way it seemed. Most had festival passes for the entire week and many other acts before and after this show...but of course would go down to the park and catch the legendary Stones. A $100 pass got you in every day of the festival for every concert....Foo Fighters, Megadeath, Deep Purple, Keith Urban(!), etc... There was no one-concert ticket for just the Stones. That explains the younger crowd as well...I noticed they were the ones that left early. But hey...it was a big crowd in a great location...

Date: July 21, 2015 17:00

palerider22
Naturalust

[www.rollingstone.com]

I hate to pour some cold water on the 100,000 ticket sales for the Stones...but it wasn't quite the way it seemed. Most had festival passes for the entire week and many other acts before and after this show...but of course would go down to the park and catch the legendary Stones. A $100 pass got you in every day of the festival for every concert....Foo Fighters, Megadeath, Deep Purple, Keith Urban(!), etc... There was no one-concert ticket for just the Stones. That explains the younger crowd as well...I noticed they were the ones that left early. But hey...it was a big crowd in a great location...

Who cares? Young(er) people saw the Stones and had fun. Do we need a breakdown on how many paid specifically to see them?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 21, 2015 18:23

micwer
palerider22
Naturalust

[www.rollingstone.com]

Who cares? Young(er) people saw the Stones and had fun. Do we need a breakdown on how many paid specifically to see them?

I don't think palerider22's post was trying to do anything but explain why there was a much younger looking crowd in Quebec. I actually thought it was possible the Canadian fan base was younger and wondered why and actually appreciated his explanation of the situation.

Date: July 21, 2015 18:49

Naturalust
micwer
palerider22
Naturalust

[www.rollingstone.com]

I don't think palerider22's post was trying to do anything but explain why there was a much younger looking crowd in Quebec. I actually thought it was possible the Canadian fan base was younger and wondered why and actually appreciated his explanation of the situation.

Sorry, my post came as aggressive, I didn't mean to smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home