Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
DVD Sticky Fingers Live 2015 Fonda Theatre.
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 13, 2015 22:47

We all expect this release end of the year and we will buy it of course. We even may hope for the whole show with Rock Me Baby in tribute to BB King and Can't Turn You Loose.
I wonder if there is anybody here on IORR who thinks the bonustracks will be SWAY, CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING, LOVE IN VAIN (from Let It Bleed) and/or other songs done LIVE or in rehearsals with MICK TAYLOR 2012-2014?
I don't think so.
It would sell better though...hint...hint...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: DVD Sticky Fingers Live 2015 Fonda Theatre.
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2015 23:07

Great idea of course but I also doubt any MT recordings will be included, imagine the irony of them paying him for his playing on recent SF songs after cutting him off for his original contributions for he last 33 years.

I think the release will possibly include highlights from the current tour in addition to the whole Fonda show. Others have suggested there will be no additional music release and it's all about a Sticky Fingers documentary although that seems unlikely. Who knows where those interviews will end up, possibly on the extras part of the DVD?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 23:13

whatever might happen to that show – what we really need is a acceptable mix (not that awful shit that was sold on iTunes)

Date: July 13, 2015 23:34

slewan
whatever might happen to that show – what we really need is a acceptable mix (not that awful shit that was sold on iTunes)

thumbs down It sounds great on my shit player. But hey, I'm used to vinyl bootlegs recorded through a toiletwindow since I was 16.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 23:52

RipThisBone
slewan

thumbs down It sounds great on my shit player. But hey, I'm used to vinyl bootlegs recorded through a toiletwindow since I was 16.

that's a different story – those bootlegs sounded that way because there was no better recording, no other option. But a professional recording should not sound like it was mixed by monkeys…

Date: July 14, 2015 00:07

slewan
RipThisBone
slewan

that's a different story – those bootlegs sounded that way because there was no better recording, no other option. But a professional recording should not sound like it was mixed by monkeys…

Oh Come On, it was only 10 euro. Did you transfer the download to a CD-rom?
The palpable DVD and/or CD with artwork will be re-mixed and overdubbed to your and my taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 00:12 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2015 00:15

RipThisBone
slewan

why would you have a vinyl bootleg of toilet sounds? Gotta go digital...because compression is expected.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 14, 2015 00:48

They will probably do just the SF cuts, for a cheap price, or charge a little more for the whole concert. They haven't been big on bonus cuts, and here they have an entire concert to sell.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 14, 2015 01:12

I want the whole thing, from start to bow at the end finish.

I would love that, pre-order/buy it.

But I have purchased so many versions of Sticky Fingers this year I want more, visually, yes for sure.

I'd be bummed if it was cut to the 'Sticky Finger' stuff only.

And, another DVD (so a 2-set) with all the documentary stuff. All of it.

Cause I think this is it, and I was there, and I feel like I've been on tour, too, the whole time (saw first show SD only live/ periscope others)

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 14, 2015 01:48

Have they announced the DVD or is this only rumour? Seems strange this concert
was put on iTunes before a DVD release. I hope the Band did not srap the DVD plans.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:10

RipThisBone
We all expect this release end of the year and we will buy it of course. We even may hope for the whole show with Rock Me Baby in tribute to BB King and Can't Turn You Loose.
I wonder if there is anybody here on IORR who thinks the bonustracks will be SWAY, CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING, LOVE IN VAIN (from Let It Bleed) and/or other songs done LIVE or in rehearsals with MICK TAYLOR 2012-2014?
I don't think so.
It would sell better though...hint...hint...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I would not believe even if I see him!
This story of M. Taylor begins to be heavy and cloying no offense to anyone.
M. Taylor is no longer in the band for 40 years, he has been a regular guest on the last tour but nothing more! Needless then continue with this story, let's enjoy the Rolling Stones Ronnie that are fantastic, otherwise skip to another!
Ciao !

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:03

I agree, some of you sound snobs sound a bit out of it. I have been playing through my great system, through a great DAC, and it sounds great. And far less tampered with than recent live releases.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 14, 2015 14:02

I played it on my home system, and i am usually the biggest a-hole when it comes to recent live stones, but i have really enjoyed this release and have probably listened to it all the way through 20 times. i probably listend to Light the Fuse 2x.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 14:26

I also think it sounds really nice already. If the sounds gets even better, I am okay with it.

I think the probability of an official DVD release is high, but it is hard to tell how it will be. I would love it if a box-set silimar to 4 Flicks was released before Christmas. 1 show from Europe 2014 (I would love Berlin, since thanks to the venue it was not just another stadium show and...yea, I was there), this Fonda Theatre show and one 2015 stadium show from US. That would represent the tour nicely, I guess. But they migt just as well release the Sticky Fingers bit from the Fonda Theatre alone - Springsteen released the whole BITUSA live as a bonus DVD of his last CD. That was also taken from much longer show. And eventhought it is not the whole show, it was a very nice bonus for a few extra bucks. The question is, bonus to what would it be in the SF case?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 14, 2015 15:10

Happy24
I also think it sounds really nice already. If the sounds gets even better, I am okay with it.

I think the probability of an official DVD release is high, but it is hard to tell how it will be. I would love it if a box-set silimar to 4 Flicks was released before Christmas. 1 show from Europe 2014 (I would love Berlin, since thanks to the venue it was not just another stadium show and...yea, I was there), this Fonda Theatre show and one 2015 stadium show from US. That would represent the tour nicely, I guess. But they migt just as well release the Sticky Fingers bit from the Fonda Theatre alone - Springsteen released the whole BITUSA live as a bonus DVD of his last CD. That was also taken from much longer show. And eventhought it is not the whole show, it was a very nice bonus for a few extra bucks. The question is, bonus to what would it be in the SF case?

"The question is, bonus to what would it be in the SF case?"

With SF and the Marquee show already released in numerous formats, I can only see the Fonda Show being released as a standalone set - probably a DVD/CD set.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 14, 2015 17:31

RipThisBone
I don't think so.

Nice idea - these Taylor rehearsals would complete my holy grail (besides El Mocambo, Chess Studio recordings and the remaining officially unreleased LA shows 75).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 17:32 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: January 24, 2016 21:34

Anyone have an info as to when the DVD will be released?

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 24, 2016 21:54

Yeah, if they could go ahead and release this show on DVD....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 24, 2016 22:04

From Paul Dugdale's blog: "Some edit bizznizz from one of my closest conspirators editor Mr Simon Bryant featuring some of the work we’ve done together."

There's not too much being talked about the Fonda gig, though.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 24, 2016 22:48

They will keep the Fonda-gig in the vaults for decades I´m afraid.

Date: January 24, 2016 23:03

HMS
They will keep the Fonda-gig in the vaults for decades I´m afraid.

Yes, when we are all dead and gone. thumbs down

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2016 23:06

They'll release it ... Keef the faith boys ...Keef the faith .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 25, 2016 12:25

Rockman

They'll release it ...

I think that too. Since the Fonda show was recorded in 4K resolution, maybe Eagle Rock will bring it on the new 4K-UHD Blu-ray disc too to push this new format. The 1st UHD-Players and UHD-Discs come on the market in Spring 2016.

Maybe they'll bring a 2012-2016 Best-of + Documentary in a Box-set. I like the 'Four Flicks' concept too and the Fonda show would be the Theatre part.

It could be that Paul Dugdale films also the 2016-South-America-Tour since he wrote on January 18, 2016 in his Blog: "Counting down to the biggest adventure yet. It’s only Rock n Roll but I like it." with a picture from the South American continent.

[dugdaleblog.com]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 25, 2016 13:05

The Fonda will hae a theatrical release before being available on home videos
That was the reason why it has not yet been released.
My understanding is that it might be a release not included in the "From the Vault Series"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 25, 2016 13:40

Doc

The Fonda will have a theatrical release before being available on home videos

Yes, maybe - but why so late?

It's now 8 month since the Fonda gig and the SF Deluxe release .... confused smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 25, 2016 13:53

i think its been shelved indefinitely at this point. It will eventually come out but I think the golden opportunity to get it out and make money/ hoopla over it has passed.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 25, 2016 14:03

Cristiano Radtke
From Paul Dugdale's blog: "Some edit bizznizz from one of my closest conspirators editor Mr Simon Bryant featuring some of the work we’ve done together."

There's not too much being talked about the Fonda gig, though.

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for posting this. Minute 7:30 thumbs up

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 25, 2016 19:50

Well, I have a very high-end sound system and run my computer through a great DAC and I think Sticky Fingers live sounds great. I would love to get this on vinyl.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 25, 2016 20:10

Promising information from the gentleman in the video. I keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 04:22

Is there any evidence of this theatrical release idea being floated around, or is this just speculation?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home