Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:55

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-04 11:14 by colonial.

Re: What other tour have The Stones been this GREAT!
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:02

What do you mean??
On the Licks-tour we got superb playing, and three different concerts, arena, stadium and theater shows, with different setlists.

What's so extremely good with this tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 23:02 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: July 2, 2015 23:03

All of them have been just as great.
You must have missed a few tours

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:04

colonial
What other tour have The Stones been this GREAT!..probably as far back as the 60's,70's smoking smiley

Probably NEVER Colonial... I'm going to throw out all my old stuff... I just can't listen to it anymore. These guys are probably going to peak in their 80s...probably after Charlie is gone and they can get a better drummer.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()

SweetThing
colonial
What other tour have The Stones been this GREAT!..probably as far back as the 60's,70's smoking smiley

Probably NEVER Colonial... I'm going to throw out all my old stuff... I just can't listen to it anymore. These guys are probably going to peak in their 80s...probably after Charlie is gone and they can get a better drummer.

How will they get a better drummer? By resurrecting Bonham or Moon?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()

69' 70' 71' 72' 73' 78' 81' 82' 99' 2002 2003 2014 2015

these are my preferred tours. all the unmentioned ones are also brilliant . i just think these were better. thanks

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:13

If you think this tour is the best one and the others not so good: Doesn't that make you a ...... whiner?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:38

i think its the best since no security overall as far as the playing goes.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:49

Bashlets
i think its the best since no security overall as far as the playing goes.

Why do you think so? Please tell me. Cause I don't quite hear it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 23:50 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: July 3, 2015 00:46

SweetThing
colonial

It seems that once Charlie packs his kit up and says he's done (and none of the Stones can change his mind), they're done. You can't have the Stones without Charlie!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:56

I thought the 2013 US tour was awesome, Mick Taylor playing SWAY..how does it get better than that? I hope to see the tail end of this tour, meaning when they add a few arenas in August...like MSG or Brooklyn, the Barclay Centre! I can hope!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:03

Well colonial I also believe lots of other tours have been as good but if you add "for Ronnie" to your question, I might just agree this is close to his best showing.

For one thing he doesn't seem to be clowning around near as much during the songs. He's seriously trying to do his best, more concentration, more confidence and a more identifiable style and grace showing through it all.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:08

I admire your enthusiasm but Licks was better, especially at the beginning when Ronnie had it together. They experimented more. Right now they are performing the same songs they have forever with very few exceptions.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:17

keefriffhards

these are my preferred tours. all the unmentioned ones are also brilliant . i just think these were better. thanks[/quote bi noticed u didn't mention 75/76 it was totally diff sound for sure and probably there most drug alcohol induced shows but a big set list,i personally enjoy 81,the licks and 72

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:19

keefriffhards

these are my preferred tours. all the unmentioned ones are also brilliant . i just think these were better. thanks

you saw them on each of these tours?

Date: July 3, 2015 01:20

totally agree

Date: July 3, 2015 01:22

mitchrambler
keefriffhards

these are my preferred tours. all the unmentioned ones are also brilliant . i just think these were better. thanks[/quote bi noticed u didn't mention 75/76 it was totally diff sound for sure and probably there most drug alcohol induced shows but a big set list,i personally enjoy 81,the licks and 72
yes I guess I missed that part..but id say definitely playing better now than steel wheels/urban jungle?

Date: July 3, 2015 01:49

Turner68
keefriffhards

you saw them on each of these tours?

no of course not. i was 4 years old in 1969.

i'm talking about the footage i have seen and the bootlegs i have heard.

Date: July 3, 2015 01:50

Stoneage
If you think this tour is the best one and the others not so good: Doesn't that make you a ...... whiner?

who are you talking to and what are you talking about.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:14

I've seen all the European tours since VL and have to say this tour is definitely up there. I don't understand why people liked Licks so much? I saw them several times on that tour and their playing was nowhere near as good as it is now. I grant you they did some interesting songs, especially if you could get in to a club or some of the arena shows, but to my mind they play with more energy now. VL and B2B were really good tours though. Licks and ABB they simply did not play as well. Especially after Keith fell out of the tree. I didn't see them in the US but when they played Glastonbury and Hyde Park I was astounded by how much energy they had and how well they played. The crowds were more energetic too, probably due to getting rid of the energy sapping on pitch seating that UK gigs have suffered from since Licks (one of the worst things they did on recent tours was going over to allocated seating). But that's not it. I saw them in Europe on ABB and Licks and they just didn't play as well or have the same energy. I think for me Licks was the most disappointing tour of the lot. I'd prefer to see them play the same songs every single night well with lots of energy than see them play obscure stuff to a medium level. But if your main concern is "trainspotting" the songs, then I guess Licks would have been a better bet.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:49

sjs12
I've seen all the European tours since VL and have to say this tour is definitely up there. I don't understand why people liked Licks so much? I saw them several times on that tour and their playing was nowhere near as good as it is now. I grant you they did some interesting songs, especially if you could get in to a club or some of the arena shows, but to my mind they play with more energy now. VL and B2B were really good tours though. Licks and ABB they simply did not play as well. Especially after Keith fell out of the tree. I didn't see them in the US but when they played Glastonbury and Hyde Park I was astounded by how much energy they had and how well they played. The crowds were more energetic too, probably due to getting rid of the energy sapping on pitch seating that UK gigs have suffered from since Licks (one of the worst things they did on recent tours was going over to allocated seating). But that's not it. I saw them in Europe on ABB and Licks and they just didn't play as well or have the same energy. I think for me Licks was the most disappointing tour of the lot. I'd prefer to see them play the same songs every single night well with lots of energy than see them play obscure stuff to a medium level. But if your main concern is "trainspotting" the songs, then I guess Licks would have been a better bet.

How are you defining 'energy'?

Are you referring to attitude as opposed to energy?

In terms of physical energy, you'd have to concede that The Rolling Stones of 2002-2003 top The Rolling Stones of 2015.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 02:57 by Olly.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:12

No Security was the last great Stones tour. Licks wasn't bad, but you had to catch them on a good night. Bigger Bang was more smoke and mirrors than actual playing. I'd have to say the Voodoo Lounge tour wasn't bad. I would say it was actually a bit better than Steel Wheels, which suffered from the gigantity of it all. I'm sorry, but since the start of this in 2012, they've just been chasing ghosts, trying to get anywhere near the heights these songs were played live in the past.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:31

I saw them on the No Security tour and I have to say, they were amazing.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:48

69,72,73, 75, 76, 78, 81, 89, 84, 97, 99, 2003,

Date: July 3, 2015 03:53

Brstonesfan

Interesting...

How were they in '84?

Olly.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:59

Olly
Brstonesfan

Interesting...

How were they in '84?

In '84 there was a lot of tension, because M&K were disagreeing about musical ideas at the time, and Mick was trying out Just Another Night on stage, so the tour was cut short when Keith tried to throw a TV out the window on Mick's head...

Date: July 3, 2015 04:05

HearMeKnockin
Olly
Brstonesfan

Interesting...

How were they in '84?

In '84 there was a lot of tension, because M&K were disagreeing about musical ideas at the time, and Mick was trying out Just Another Night on stage, so the tour was cut short when Keith tried to throw a TV out the window on Mick's head...

He was unsucessful, I presume?

Olly.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 3, 2015 06:32

Obviously I meant 94, which probably was the best of the "modern tours(89 forward). Long, diverse, set list, Keith still playing well, and an awesome stage and sound.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:41

1972, amazing, not a bad opening act for me either....Stevie Wonder around Talking Book time.

The sound was so fat and good even with that old technology.

1999, B-stage rocked better than the big stage. Goo Goo Dolls were great opening act as well.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:49

1792 was the best.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home