Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What's next? / Where the boys go??
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:50

Yes, this tour is over.

So where the boys go?

Some holidays, I'm sure. But fact is: I don't know! Keith has his record out but he would go into the studio with his mates for some sessions no matter what and without thinking twice, I'm sure.

So, more to come. As Keith said 1999: "Hopefully!"
In 2015: I think we can count on our luck. And lucky we are. Incredably lucky! Some @#$%& 53 years, we can say to be proud fans of this band and still they won't stop. And why should they? They sound better than ever. Sober, loud, straight into your face.

Good Buddha, I love this band! smiling bouncing smiley

In a nutshell: I'm just waiting for some news about where the boys go and what Bjornulf (GOLD RINGS ON YA!!!!) can tell us from his insights into the Stones camp and what's to be expected. These last shows were just unbelievably good, now they can't afford to stop, man, right!?

As I hope, this thread could cover this decade and continue right into the next, it could get sticky, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 00:53 by waterrats.

Re: What's next? / Where the boys go??
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 18, 2015 00:56

I think the latest news that got posted here was in one of bv's recent blog entries : no SA in 2015 apparently, so it doesn't look like they'll be playing more shows until 2016? If SA doesn't happen at all then that leaves Europe in 2016...dunno though, it seems like they'd need to "freshen" up the concept a bit, it must be getting a bit boring for them too. Other than working on a new album I don't see what else they could do really.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 18, 2015 01:02

gotdablouse
I think the latest news that got posted here was in one of bv's recent blog entries : no SA in 2015 apparently, so it doesn't look like they'll be playing more shows until 2016? If SA doesn't happen at all then that leaves Europe in 2016...dunno though, it seems like they'd need to "freshen" up the concept a bit, it must be getting a bit boring for them too. Other than working on a new album I don't see what else they could do really.

OK - I tend to think a litte different here. I think the 'concept' they have right now is right and could still be optimized. I noticed their sound in 2014 in Europe had developed for the better very much and as far as I can tell from what I get so see and hear from this ZIP CODE tour, they managed to still sound even better.

I like that! They emphasized the rawness and it suit's them well.

I hope, they join for some studio sessions this year and get a new album together.
As far as gigs are concerned: no matter which place on this planet: they can choose what they would like to play/visit any time. Don't you think?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:35

They're all going to wherever is home these days to rest, recuperate, recover from the rigors of the road. Maybe, hopefully, they'll do a Dylan and reconsider their whole approach to touring and how to present their songs and what songs to present. Wouldn't we all think we'd died and going to heaven if the Stones, after resting and considering, decided smaller concert halls were their next thing. Oh, well, who know's what tomorrow will bring, as Traffic once did sing.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:50

I don't see anything for them this year.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:54

Oh man, some huge puffing on something good, eh? When gotablouse says it seems like they'd need to "freshen" up the concept a bit, it must be getting a bit boring for them too. Other than working on a new album I don't see what else they could do really then clearly the past, oh, well, since 2012 - it's been working just fine. Instagram with the Stones On Fire for how long? Why stop?

No one wants to hear anything post-1981 except for some people on this board. The people paying tickets? They're just glad to be there, glad to be anywhere... and feeding the HOT ROCKS/REWIND monster that the Stones have joyfully become.

At this point how could anyone even suggest the idea of them doing something different? They haven't played Plundered or No Spare Parts but they did do the two new FIFTY LICKS tracks. Woo hoo! Someone raise John Lennon from his grave!

If they bother to do a new LP everyone knows they might bother to play 2 songs from it... for it a while.

What's next is another tour with most of the same songs... because that's The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:54

I fink thay'll all be down at the pub pissin' away me money ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 18, 2015 01:59

Rockman

LOL! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:43

they'll go home,relax and wait for the promoters to call mick.when he decides what the best offer is you'll see the rolling stones back on the road.

it wont be long,keep your credit cards clean.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:45

waterrats
Rockman

LOL! >grinning smiley<

Where the girls don't know...

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 18, 2015 02:54

Brstonesfan
I don't see anything for them this year.

Following your posts so far you paint the stones black as soon you see a chance....

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:34

What did Mick say? I think we've got the hang of it, we might do it again sometime. My own feeling is that's it for this year,then probably South America for about six dates in the spring then to Europe for 10 to 12 in the summer. As for USA probably some dates on the East Coast and that's if we're lucky and they feel like it. I'd be quite surprised if any new product emerged but they really stunned me on the Zip Code tour as to playing with emotion and intensity at this late stage of the game so I guess anything is possible. The naysayers have lost their passion for the band if they couldn't see that at a live show on this tour.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: July 18, 2015 08:41

I see a Fall stadium tour in the major U.S. markets.

They tip toed their foot in the pond in NYC in Decemember 2012 and left
plenty of money on the table only milking the die hards for $350 a ticket
but left MetLife stadium empty for 3 nights at an average of $150 a ticket...
so I see some NYC stadium shows this fall as well as other similar markets...

Remember...these guys are used to marathons...leaving home and coming back
2 1/2 years later...this last U.S. tour was barely two months (with rehearsals)so I see another short U.S. tour this fall...especially if the South American tour doesn't come together...like it didn't come together in 1975.

PECMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 18, 2015 11:17

gotdablouse

<<< it seems like they'd need to "freshen" up the concept a bit, it must be getting a bit boring for them too >>>

They DEFINITELY need to freshen up the concept a bit, I'd absolutely agree.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2015 13:30

Freshen up the concept? Fougeaboudith! If the Zip Code Tour was 14 On Fire +1 the next one (if there is one) will be 14 On Fire +2. The thing with postponing tours is that
that is a risky business when you're getting old. They certainly can't afford those 3-4 years breaks as they had in the 80s and early 90s...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 13:57

paulywaul
gotdablouse

<<< it seems like they'd need to "freshen" up the concept a bit, it must be getting a bit boring for them too >>>

They DEFINITELY need to freshen up the concept a bit, I'd absolutely agree.

I don't know what you mean
This is essentially the same show they put on in 1989
The concept is 27 years old!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 13:57 by Turner68.

Date: July 18, 2015 15:39

"Refresh the setlist"! It's kind of funny to notice that even the yes-men are starting to get bored of the setlist....

Date: July 18, 2015 16:22

Since the Stones can't make the South American numbers work, the Stones could easily do a fall USA stadium tour of larger market cities. Plenty of money left on the table up for grabs. But for some reason they are not. This is not the Stones way. Maybe they just need a break to do other things. Also, I think, if the planets align correctly, the Stones would love to squeeze in an MSG run (probably 3 shows) at some point before 2017 when they may decide to take an extended break (more than 4 to 6 months) from touring.

Date: July 18, 2015 16:48

2017? When you're closing in on 75 it's a stupid thing to plan more than one year ahead...

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 18, 2015 18:11

There IS such a thing as quitting while your on top, although this band missed that by a few decades. Just the same, this last tour was a success but many people conveniently forget how old these guys are. The average is 72 years old now. It does, of course, keep getting higher.

I didn't go this tour- I've seen this show before. Plenty of times. Liked every one of them, but the definition of insanity is to keep doing something and expecting different results. I wasn't going to pay that kind of money yet again for the same thing. I'll put in any number of DVDs I have if I want to see the Stones live.

Ever since the Beatles called it a day, the Stones have been trailblazers. They've shown us a band can stay together (mostly) and still rock in their 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and now 70's. But in so doing they've confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt wild, imaginative creativity mostly exists in a person or people when they're young. Then people gradually slow down and mostly recycle what worked before, hoping that maybe something emerges that shows the spark isn't dead.

The Rolling Stones' creative spark is dead. Sure, they can make new music, but it has long since been variations on a theme. But it's been ten years since they could even be bothered to do that. Nowadays, they don't even try and pretend. They're down to literally recycling the past, what with new reissues and outtakes from eras gone by and then even basing tours on it (loosely, at that).

So where do they go from here? Maybe one off shows here and there. But they're English, after all. I think they should consider choosing a short tours or one venue of their choosing in England or London for one last go around and then call it a career. Maybe they don't even announce it as such. But given that no matter who WE think they are, THEY need to consider that maybe this COULD have been The Last Time, and in case reality intervenes and one of them is no more, they should seize the opportunity to put an exclamation point on things and please themselves in this regard, the public notwithstanding.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 18, 2015 19:57

No Southamerican tour in 2015? BV, we' re sure about that?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2015 20:04

laertisflash
No Southamerican tour in 2015? BV, we' re sure about that?

Bjornulf said it was a no go but then someone posted that he had personally talked to Bernard who suggested it was still a possibility. That's when Bjornulf said he would get back to us after the tour. I get the feeling no one really knows details at this point but the possibility still exists.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 19, 2015 00:23

Here... a lot of work went into this, a representation of what a refreshed set list could look like for whatever 2016 tour(s):

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
All Down The Line
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Shattered
Emotional Rescue
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 19, 2015 05:35

GasLightStreet
Here... a lot of work went into this, a representation of what a refreshed set list could look like for whatever 2016 tour(s):

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
All Down The Line
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Shattered
Emotional Rescue
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction

You think they'll bring ER back? That's pretty optimistic.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:11

GasLightStreet

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
All Down The Line
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Shattered
Emotional Rescue
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction

this looks a lot like the 2013 set list, minus D&G and GOMC

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:31

Thanks for the info, Naturalust.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 19, 2015 18:42

I think with SA off the table, hopefully, they will refresh and do a series of arenas in the USA this fall...EASTERN USA! How can they NOT do MSG and Boston? Easy $$$, great audiences, and then break for the holidays. Maybe they'll do Europe in the Spring.

Date: July 19, 2015 20:06

Pecman

Remember...these guys are used to marathons...leaving home and coming back
2 1/2 years later...this last U.S. tour was barely two months (with rehearsals)so I see another short U.S. tour this fall..
PECMAN

Might want to check the tour archives. They have not been on any tours longer than about 16 dates in over three years.....the marathons are over. We are now into wind sprints. Great ones but still wind sprints.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 19, 2015 22:00

Hit filled dream setlist with a few gems for next tour:

Under My Thumb
JJF
Beast Of Burden
Mother's Little Helper
Gimme Shelter
Fool To Cry/Memory Motel
Emotional Rescue
Out Of Time

Acoustic set on B-stage

Angie/Wild Horses
Waiting On A Friend
Country Honk

Satisfaction
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker
Rocks Off
Happy w/Mick
Ruby Tuesday
Monkey Man
19th Nervous Breakdown
Get Off My Cloud

Encores

Till The Next Goodbye
The Last Time

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 19, 2015 22:45

GasLightStreet

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
All Down The Line
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Shattered
Emotional Rescue
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction

You're hired! >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home