Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Marquee 71
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:07

thanks for the update about the loudness war.

It's such a pity that many the recent releases (sweet summer sun, hampton, live in texas, LA friday) appear in red in the already posted list
http://dr.loudness-war.info/.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:04

Is the release in the USA & Europe.

Far as i know its monday for the Uk.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:07

I've watched and listened to the Marquee video a couple of times now and I must conclude that I was right from the start: it is really a treat for eyes and ears as well. There's some mean guitar on it and I just love Midnight Rambler. One of my favourites for sure.

I think Kevin did a great job by remixing Dead Flowers, one of my favourites of this video as well. Leeds could use such a fine treatment even more.

Date: June 22, 2015 00:10

kleermaker
I've watched and listened to the Marquee video a couple of times now and I must conclude that I was right from the start: it is really a treat for eyes and ears as well. There's some mean guitar on it and I just love Midnight Rambler. One of my favourites for sure.

I think Kevin did a great job by remixing Dead Flowers, one of my favourites of this video as well. Leeds could use such a fine treatment even more.

Didn't Leeds get the same treatment sonically, you mean?

Date: June 22, 2015 00:57

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

Leeds is the leasd of the three, sonically and musically imo. Except Love In Vain. Listen to the drums, especially the cymbals. Badly mixed. The mix in not in balance on quite some tracks.

Date: June 22, 2015 01:37

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

Leeds is the leasd of the three, sonically and musically imo. Except Love In Vain. Listen to the drums, especially the cymbals. Badly mixed. The mix in not in balance on quite some tracks.

There is also something wrong with Taylor's sound on BS.

And he is far left in the soundscape, where you didn't want him?

Date: June 22, 2015 01:52

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

On BS he sounds almost 'glassy'.

And indeed too far left, not integrated enough in the soundscape indeed, so to speak.

From MR on there's also something wrong with the sound of the drums.

Love Love In Vain on Leeds though smiling smiley

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:52

ARE THERE ANY STONES ALBUMS CONVERTED INTO 24 BIT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..CCR HAD GREEN RIVER ON 24 BIT AND SOUNDED SO EFING GOOD

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 22, 2015 04:41

kleermaker

Well, there is a tape/source difference which you can clearly hear at the beginning of MR on the official release.

In my opinion, the Midnight Rambler and Love In Vain from the Roundhouse shows may be my favorite performances of either song ever. They are brilliant.

J

Date: June 22, 2015 08:41

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

On BS he sounds almost 'glassy'.

And indeed too far left, not integrated enough in the soundscape indeed, so to speak.

Always loved LIV on Leeds. On Roundhouse it's very slow, but it's a brilliant version in its own right.

It sounds like they put on a Leslie effect on Taylor's guitar on BS. It might have been lacking distortion.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 22, 2015 08:41

Wow, just found the DVD posted already on a BT site... incredible upgrade from the boots, can't wait for my pre-ordered copy this coming week!

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:28

just a quick last comment on loudness.

a good example is "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" from Led Zep I. On my old LP reissue, the dynamic between the acoustic and electric is clear. The electric guitar jumps out the vinyl, so to speak. On the last year reissue, it disappeared ...

Can't wait to listen to the Marquee. It's available today here in France.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:49

Got it yesterday. Short and sweet. A real treat visually and for the ears. Love Keith's guitar sound on itsmileys with beer

Date: June 22, 2015 12:54

desertblues68
Got it yesterday. Short and sweet. A real treat visually and for the ears. Love Keith's guitar sound on itsmileys with beer

You do?? That's interesting. Looking forward to getting my copy, then smiling smiley

I always thought (based on the crappy bootleg, though) that the guitars sounded awful. They sound a bit better on DF and MR, which I got on DVD in the Superdeluxe set, but nowhere near Ya Yas or Brussels-quality.

I'm glad you liked it. I probably will, too thumbs up

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:04

Got it Friday and got to work the weekend...
I watched it one time and it's an incredible improvement compared to lousy boots I know.
Really a fine decision to release this one.
From my first impression it's a very good performance.
As one can compare now the Roundhouse tracks with Leeds and Marquee I still like Roundhouse the most.
To pick one...the Roundhouse Rambler is the best for me.
Hope others will like the Marquee show as much as I do now.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:48

gripweed
Wow, just found the DVD posted already on a BT site... incredible upgrade from the boots, can't wait for my pre-ordered copy this coming week!

Which BT site?smiling smiley

Date: June 22, 2015 13:56

shortfatfanny
I watched it one time and it's an incredible improvement compared to lousy boots I know.
As one can compare now the Roundhouse tracks with Leeds and Marquee I still like Roundhouse the most.

It's the best Midnight Rambler I've ever heard thumbs up

Date: June 22, 2015 13:57

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 15:05 by kleermaker.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:06

DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny

It's the best Midnight Rambler I've ever heard thumbs up

It's tough...for decades the Brussels Rambler has been my favourite...and now Roundhouse is so wonderful.
Whining deluxe :-)

Seems as if they dropped complete songwriting credits beside Brown Sugar TOTP.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:14

DandelionPowderman
desertblues68

You do?? That's interesting. Looking forward to getting my copy, then smiling smiley

I always thought (based on the crappy bootleg, though) that the guitars sounded awful. They sound a bit better on DF and MR, which I got on DVD in the Superdeluxe set, but nowhere near Ya Yas or Brussels-quality.

I'm glad you liked it. I probably will, too thumbs up
Keef's guitar here has that dirty, sleazy swagger I adore, although not as outstanding as in Brussels or Ya Yas. Might have also been distracted by Mick's torsosmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 14:39 by desertblues68.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:33

To all sound enthisiastics: I hear a strange sound in the background of Midnight Rambler from The Roundhouse during Micks last harmonica solo just before the song Speeds up again with Taylor´s last solo. From about 9:45 to 10:05. Can somebody tell what this is?

Date: June 22, 2015 15:59

Mr.D
gripweed

Which BT site?smiling smiley

[torrenthound.ru]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:10

RockingLonestar
To all sound enthisiastics: I hear a strange sound in the background of Midnight Rambler from The Roundhouse during Micks last harmonica solo just before the song Speeds up again with Taylor´s last solo. From about 9:45 to 10:05. Can somebody tell what this is?

No idea! Might be tape distortion. On Leeds Taylor's guitar suddenly is out of phase during Brown Sugar, giving it a phaser kind of effect. Weird.

Mathijs

Date: June 22, 2015 16:18

Mathijs
RockingLonestar

No idea! Might be tape distortion. On Leeds Taylor's guitar suddenly is out of phase during Brown Sugar, giving it a phaser kind of effect. Weird.

Mathijs

A Leslie-effect added later?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:49

Got it today.
Nice thing to have, it has its moments, but it doesn't quite beat that Roundhouse recording we now have.
That blew me away.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:00

mitchrambler

ARE THERE ANY STONES ALBUMS CONVERTED INTO 24 BIT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..

Yes - see here: [www.iorr.org] , here: [www.iorr.org] or here .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 23, 2015 05:23

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but can be of interest for those who live in L.A. and nearby or are visiting. There's an exhibition of pics (including unseen photos) from this gig on a gallery named Perfect Exposure, from 22nd June to 28th.

[www.theperfectexposuregallery.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 05:31 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:04

Got my DVD/CD set yesterday. Musically it is not that thrilling as Roundhouse or Leeds.But it is very good indeed. The guitars are very clean sounding, especially Keith. I like it more, when his guitar sounds a bit crunchier.
But it is a real joy watching them on such a small stage, totally concentrated on the music, with all the eye to eye contact and smiling at each other and enjoying themselves and their music. And of course ist funny watching the audience and there clothes, hair and the girls`s make-ups. Early seventies ;-)
The DVD/CD set cost EURO 18, which is a very fair price for a DVD and CD.

Date: June 23, 2015 11:07

RockingLonestar
Got my DVD/CD set yesterday. Musically it is not that thrilling as Roundhouse or Leeds.But it is very good indeed. The guitars are very clean sounding, especially Keith. I like it more, when his guitar sounds a bit crunchier.
But it is a real joy watching them on such a small stage, totally concentrated on the music, with all the eye to eye contact and smiling at each other and enjoying themselves and their music. And of course ist funny watching the audience and there clothes, hair and the girls`s make-ups. Early seventies ;-)

That was what I was suspecting...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:38

DandelionPowderman
RockingLonestar

That was what I was suspecting...

Yes, but don´t forget they played in a very small club, not in front of 1000s of people. I think, they choosed a different setting for the guitar-amps because of that ... And BTW: Have a listen to MR from Leeds, this is really dirty, soundwise (Keith guitar) ...

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home