Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Marquee 71
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 8, 2015 22:49

kevinkamphuis
Midnight Rambler; slightly edited, restored & remixed audio

[we.tl]

Thanks Kevin! One wonders why this all hasn't been done before it being released.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2015 17:17

Just got this, finally, like Dandy got the DVD/CD combo but they're also sending me the LP version free.

Loving this dvd...

Date: July 14, 2015 17:21

treaclefingers
Just got this, finally, like Dandy got the DVD/CD combo but they're also sending me the LP version free.

Loving this dvd...

Really?!?! Do you mind if I ask why?

Date: July 15, 2015 05:16

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
treaclefingers

Loving this dvd...

Really?!?! Do you mind if I ask why?

Because the LP/DVD combo is what I ordered. They messed up, and actually sent the DVD/CD combo again as a replacement.

They let me keep everything plus credited me back the shipping plus an additional 5 GBP on my next purchase.

They definitely messed up big time but they do stand up for their service.

Well, the saga isn't quite over yet, I've still to get the LP/DVD combo.

Question about Marquee 1971
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 18, 2015 12:25

Who is he bearded guy introducing the Stones?

Re: Question about Marquee 1971
Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: July 18, 2015 12:44

MrThompsonWooft
Who is he bearded guy introducing the Stones?

Chip Monck

Re: Question about Marquee 1971
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 18, 2015 13:52

Fantastic show and new dvd.
Have a nice day.

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: July 18, 2015 22:54

yeababyyea

Frankly I think the audio comes from the film reel they used for the remastered dvd. I highly doubt there were any multi-track audio tapes available to remix, like there was for Marquee '71. This is might why it sounds so freakin bad. Even audio deteriorates when film reels are stored badly.

There may have been multi-tracks for the individual shows which the movie is made from. But maybe they were too lazy to dig out the tapes from each of those shows and only remix a few songs from each concert, so they simply took the audio they already had on the film.

Explains why it still has the horrible phasing. thumbs down

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: August 3, 2015 06:56

Just been watching / listening to this - superb! Midnight Rambler especially, Taylor and all on great form. Mick's singing on I Got The Blues is very soulful. Live With Me has some tuning problems at the start - the sax seems to be out I think - but otherwise it's a great gig.

This is the nearest we'll get to seeing the Stones perform the Ya Ya's Midnight Rambler - same guitars being played (Gibson SG, Dan Armstrong, Fender Mustang), same groove.

Taylor plays some superb riffs and flourishes.

This has to be my favourite Stones concert film/audio spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ZootAllures ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:00

good gig. i don't know what you're all on about. And 1971 Keith still kicks post-1973 Keith's ass anyday. My problem is with the mastering (brickwalling, noise reduction artifacts in places).

What i've noticed is that there's a metallic ringing typical of badly-done NR on the last couple of tracks on this one. And i'm not talking about the at-times-ringing feedback issues, no, i'm talking about a processed ringing sound that crops up near the end of the gig. Brown Sugar is especially bad in that regard. Maybe they tried to fix some tape damage and it came at a price.

BTW, is it true that the Marquee show isn't the actual show, but the rehearsal?

Date: August 3, 2015 18:40

ZootAllures
good gig. i don't know what you're all on about. And 1971 Keith still kicks post-1973 Keith's ass anyday. My problem is with the mastering (brickwalling, noise reduction artifacts in places).

What i've noticed is that there's a metallic ringing typical of badly-done NR on the last couple of tracks on this one. And i'm not talking about the at-times-ringing feedback issues, no, i'm talking about a processed ringing sound that crops up near the end of the gig. Brown Sugar is especially bad in that regard. Maybe they tried to fix some tape damage and it came at a price.

It is the actual 'show', what they call dress rehearsal.

Date: August 3, 2015 18:43

kleermaker
ZootAllures

Isn't the dress rehearsal the performance directly before the actual show?

Date: August 3, 2015 18:49

treaclefingers
kleermaker
ZootAllures

Please stop complicating things treacle!

Date: August 3, 2015 22:26

kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker
ZootAllures

speek kleerer

Date: August 3, 2015 23:27

treaclefingers
kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker
ZootAllures

speek kleerer

Okay, here you have it: it's a damned fine gig, with a great Taylor.

Date: August 5, 2015 05:22

kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker
ZootAllures

speek kleerer

Okay, here you have it: it's a damned fine gig, with a great Taylor.

we are in definite agreement

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 5, 2015 06:40

My only complaint is the short length of the show. And my, my, Mick almost pops a vocal chord during I Got The Blues. He never really does pull it off. No wonder he said he doesn't like to play it live because it's deceptively difficult.

I popped the CD in the car and it was amazingly good.

Date: August 5, 2015 07:30

24FPS
My only complaint is the short length of the show. And my, my, Mick almost pops a vocal chord during I Got The Blues. He never really does pull it off. No wonder he said he doesn't like to play it live because it's deceptively difficult.

I popped the CD in the car and it was amazingly good.

Yes, I've listened to it a few times now in the car, fab.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2122
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home