Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26
Re: Atlanta GA USA 9-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:52

KJ56
tumblingdice
ADTL sound check
How far in advance of gates opening did the sound check start. Heading to Nashville next week,don't wanna miss it!

Soundcheck is usually 5-6 PM.

peace

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:54

Cristiano Radtke
Natlanta
Cristiano Radtke
tumblingdice
Hey Cristiano I just noticed that the pic on soundcloud.com where you uploaded my recording of SG actually has me in the pic! That is me in the blue shirt, aisle seat in front of the screen. How cool!

What a coincidence! That pic was taken by a friend of mine who was there yesterday - at 14th row, if I'm not wrong. Earlier today he sent me some of his pics, and when I was posting your audio file I chose a random photo.

Cristiano... is your friend named Fernando?

Yep, that's right. Do you know him or have met him yesterday?

Met him yesterday - my wife and I sat beside him on row 14.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:01

I think they sounded really good from the Periscope clips I heard before falling asleep when Miss You started. If anything, I think the band's playing has surpassed Mick's singing. I've come to believe that he will not sing a lot of the songs because he can't sing it with the growl or earlier high pitch that he used to.

But lets be honest, many here are grading the entire setlist off songs 6-7-8. I personally think it is a BIG letdown as soon as I hear HTW fall in at number 9. Essentially the show is over at that point. No surprises, no extra numbers, the same woo hoo's and everything in order. Sure it's nice to hear the old favorites but I really want to hear them work at some of the other stuff. At least give it a shot. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, but the effort is appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 02:03 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:08

They threw out YGM as a bone and the effort was wildly appreciated. Let's see what they make of that.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:12

Natlanta
Cristiano Radtke
Natlanta
Cristiano Radtke
tumblingdice
Hey Cristiano I just noticed that the pic on soundcloud.com where you uploaded my recording of SG actually has me in the pic! That is me in the blue shirt, aisle seat in front of the screen. How cool!

What a coincidence! That pic was taken by a friend of mine who was there yesterday - at 14th row, if I'm not wrong. Earlier today he sent me some of his pics, and when I was posting your audio file I chose a random photo.

Cristiano... is your friend named Fernando?

Yep, that's right. Do you know him or have met him yesterday?

Met him yesterday - my wife and I sat beside him on row 14.

Man, now that's another cool coincidence! It's a very small world. smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:44

Thanks to all involved in uploading the great audio of YGM - listening for about the fourth time now. I do hope they keep it: it's short and sweet and clearly went down very well.

Date: June 11, 2015 02:50

Irix
The T-Shirts looking almost better than the Poster itself:

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com] ยท [store.interscope.com]

I checked 4 merchant stands including the field and they didn't have these shirts on sale. Anybody else find them at the show ?

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: chipman61 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 03:01

I sold two tickets on Stub Hub that I bought on E-bay from someone who bought them from Stub Hub first. I had my sale cancelled and charged back to me when the people who bought the seats on Stub Hub couldn't get in! I got a refund from the guy I bought them from on E-bay but I think I should get a refund from Stub Hub. This was not my fault! I heard that Ticketalternative had old and new codes for the same seats. I am not happy! They are all in this scam together in my opinion! Comments? It was a fantastic show! The Stones were on fire!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 03:03 by chipman61.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: June 11, 2015 03:31

The Sicilian
I think they sounded really good from the Periscope clips I heard before falling asleep when Miss You started. If anything, I think the band's playing has surpassed Mick's singing. I've come to believe that he will not sing a lot of the songs because he can't sing it with the growl or earlier high pitch that he used to.

But lets be honest, many here are grading the entire setlist off songs 6-7-8. I personally think it is a BIG letdown as soon as I hear HTW fall in at number 9. Essentially the show is over at that point. No surprises, no extra numbers, the same woo hoo's and everything in order. Sure it's nice to hear the old favorites but I really want to hear them work at some of the other stuff. At least give it a shot. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, but the effort is appreciated.

Today was a chemo day. So I was re-reading Stanley Booth's book on the 1969 Tour. He supports his narrative of that iconic tour with chapters on the Stones pre-1969. He wrote about Mick talking in 1966 about the need to play the tunes their audiences wanted and expected to hear when they played live. Sound familiar?

I suspect most of the people who contribute to IORR have seen more than one Stones concert. Way more than one concert. Some, like bv, schedule their lives around tours. A sacrifice to be sure, but more power to you, bv! We are the richer for it. I also suspect a large percentage of those in attendance at Zip Code shows have not seen the Stones more than once or twice. Maybe never. They want to hear and see the Stones perform JJF, BS, MR, SFM, HTW, GS, SFTD, SMU, etc, etc, etc, with their very own ears and eyeballs. Doing Sticky Fingers in its entirety worked at the Fonda. It may not work in front of 50,000 people who paid handsomely to see a historic band they may see once every 10 or 20 years.

I watched some of Dallas on periscope. I thought they sounded great! And all the tunes I heard were tunes I've heard many times before in concert. Instead of complaining about the set lists, let's enjoy what they play. It's possible that the Rolling Stones may know more about what works in concert than most of us IORRians do.

That's what I think. Any comments from the diverse world of IORRland?

Date: June 11, 2015 03:34

Mongoose
Got back home from the show around 1:00 am, crawled into bed around 1:30, and I'm here with my cup of coffee, ready to post some thoughts about last night's amazing show!

First of all, I did, indeed, stand out in front of the Varsity with my small "IORR.ORG" sign, and was promptly told by Atlanta Police to move along, "you can't stand here." Wow. 60 years old, and hassled by the Police at a Stones concert! (not really, he was actually very nice about it). Still, it was almost like the old days! Glad I decided against trying to put together a musician jam session out there, because it would have been very short lived.

So, I walked a block away, over the bridge, and hung around there (with my sign) for about 30 minutes or so. I had at least nine IORR posters stop by and introduce themselves, nice folks and very pleasant conversation, so it was a good start to a great evening.

The big moment for me in the show was the threesome of Can You Hear Me Knocking (FINALLY, I got to HEAR that one LIVE!), You Got to Move, and Some Girls. Blew me away, just one of those great concert moments where you are dancing and singing and smiling and having a fabulous time.

I was in the upper deck, and was surrounded by many folks that were "first timers," and everyone left the show very impressed. In fact, there were so many people that I met last night, on MARTA, everywhere, that were seeing their very first Stones concert. With that in mind, it is easy to understand why we get the warhorses every night. We die hards love the deep cuts, but, with this group last night, a performance of Parachute Woman or Loving Cup would have produced a lot of shrugs and quizzical looks.

Last night, though, was a great evening for everyone, regardless of your favorite Stones tunes. I hated to miss Moonlight Mile, but hearing CYHMK more than made up for it.

Ronnie was hot as a firecracker. Keith was a little shaky on Happy, but seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself. Charlie was solid as a rock (teenage girls sitting next to me: "Boy, he REALLY looks old!" ), and what can you say about Mick......still the best front man in all of rock and roll.

All in all, of the 10 Stones shows I have attended, I put this one in the top 5, and that is more than remarkable considering these concerts have covered a span of 40 years.

Now, guys, before we open up the vaults, how about ONE more studio album?

cool smiley

Mongoose

We were at the Varsity around 6:00 and didn't get to see you. Thanks for your efforts. Maybe next time wear an IORR tshirt even if you have to bootleg it. winking smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 11, 2015 03:44

I went to the show. I had seats in the center floor at the end of the runway. The sound was perfect there. I took my 28 yr old son who had never seen them. He hugged me 5 different times during the show thanking me for "The best thing he has ever seen". They are STILL the worlds greatest rock and roll band. Go see a show and get down on the field where it sounds fantastic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 05:46 by catchinem.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 11, 2015 04:12

1969Fan
The Sicilian

Today was a chemo day. So I was re-reading Stanley Booth's book on the 1969 Tour. He supports his narrative of that iconic tour with chapters on the Stones pre-1969. He wrote about Mick talking in 1966 about the need to play the tunes their audiences wanted and expected to hear when they played live. Sound familiar?

I suspect most of the people who contribute to IORR have seen more than one Stones concert. Way more than one concert. Some, like bv, schedule their lives around tours. A sacrifice to be sure, but more power to you, bv! We are the richer for it. I also suspect a large percentage of those in attendance at Zip Code shows have not seen the Stones more than once or twice. Maybe never. They want to hear and see the Stones perform JJF, BS, MR, SFM, HTW, GS, SFTD, SMU, etc, etc, etc, with their very own ears and eyeballs. Doing Sticky Fingers in its entirety worked at the Fonda. It may not work in front of 50,000 people who paid handsomely to see a historic band they may see once every 10 or 20 years.

I watched some of Dallas on periscope. I thought they sounded great! And all the tunes I heard were tunes I've heard many times before in concert. Instead of complaining about the set lists, let's enjoy what they play. It's possible that the Rolling Stones may know more about what works in concert than most of us IORRians do.

Sometimes I can't help but think that as successful as Mick has been, that He might have been even more successful (i.e. in his solo career) if he wasn't so worried about being successful smiling smiley

That being said, when it comes down to it all I care about is that they keep going as long as they feel that they are healthy enough to do it, because watching that periscope might have made you feel a little bit better on a crappy day, and ultimately, that is all that this whole music thing is about.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 11, 2015 04:48

MidnightDevilRambler
Mongoose
Got back home from the show around 1:00 am, crawled into bed around 1:30, and I'm here with my cup of coffee, ready to post some thoughts about last night's amazing show!

First of all, I did, indeed, stand out in front of the Varsity with my small "IORR.ORG" sign, and was promptly told by Atlanta Police to move along, "you can't stand here." Wow. 60 years old, and hassled by the Police at a Stones concert! (not really, he was actually very nice about it). Still, it was almost like the old days! Glad I decided against trying to put together a musician jam session out there, because it would have been very short lived.

So, I walked a block away, over the bridge, and hung around there (with my sign) for about 30 minutes or so. I had at least nine IORR posters stop by and introduce themselves, nice folks and very pleasant conversation, so it was a good start to a great evening.

The big moment for me in the show was the threesome of Can You Hear Me Knocking (FINALLY, I got to HEAR that one LIVE!), You Got to Move, and Some Girls. Blew me away, just one of those great concert moments where you are dancing and singing and smiling and having a fabulous time.

I was in the upper deck, and was surrounded by many folks that were "first timers," and everyone left the show very impressed. In fact, there were so many people that I met last night, on MARTA, everywhere, that were seeing their very first Stones concert. With that in mind, it is easy to understand why we get the warhorses every night. We die hards love the deep cuts, but, with this group last night, a performance of Parachute Woman or Loving Cup would have produced a lot of shrugs and quizzical looks.

Last night, though, was a great evening for everyone, regardless of your favorite Stones tunes. I hated to miss Moonlight Mile, but hearing CYHMK more than made up for it.

Ronnie was hot as a firecracker. Keith was a little shaky on Happy, but seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself. Charlie was solid as a rock (teenage girls sitting next to me: "Boy, he REALLY looks old!" ), and what can you say about Mick......still the best front man in all of rock and roll.

All in all, of the 10 Stones shows I have attended, I put this one in the top 5, and that is more than remarkable considering these concerts have covered a span of 40 years.

Now, guys, before we open up the vaults, how about ONE more studio album?

cool smiley

Mongoose

We were at the Varsity around 6:00 and didn't get to see you. Thanks for your efforts. Maybe next time wear an IORR tshirt even if you have to bootleg it. winking smiley

Hey, sorry I missed you! We'll have to connect at the next show, OK?

I've been on sort of a "Stones High" all day today thinking about last night's show. I feel very fortunate that I've now seen my favorite band ten times.

Are you from Atlanta? If not, I hope you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city!

Cheers!

Mongoose

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 11, 2015 06:03

WOW what happened to onlystones? I thought Atlanta was his next gig? I thought he would be chopping his blow hooking in his limo back staging and front rowing? Where are you onlystones? Your a lot like me I'm not being sarcastic bro? Looking forward to your escapade in writing?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 11, 2015 06:18

1969Fan
The Sicilian

I think you hit the nail on the head. The tour is for those people. And they don't mind a one minute You Got To Move, Some Girls without the harmonica and a stump of CYHMK either.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: June 11, 2015 06:46

alieb
1969Fan
The Sicilian

Sometimes I can't help but think that as successful as Mick has been, that He might have been even more successful (i.e. in his solo career) if he wasn't so worried about being successful smiling smiley

That being said, when it comes down to it all I care about is that they keep going as long as they feel that they are healthy enough to do it, because watching that periscope might have made you feel a little bit better on a crappy day, and ultimately, that is all that this whole music thing is about.

Amen, bro or sis.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 11, 2015 06:48

catchinem
I took my 28 yr old son who had never seen them. He hugged me 5 different times during the show thanking me for "The best thing he has ever seen".

That's a great story, thank you. My sons are 4 and 2, so they'll never really know. The closest we get is when the older one complains how he wants something that he can't have or doesn't get his way, I break out the guitar and sing YCAGWYW. Not quite the same, but satisfying.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:02

chipman61
I sold two tickets on Stub Hub that I bought on E-bay from someone who bought them from Stub Hub first. I had my sale cancelled and charged back to me when the people who bought the seats on Stub Hub couldn't get in! I got a refund from the guy I bought them from on E-bay but I think I should get a refund from Stub Hub. This was not my fault! I heard that Ticketalternative had old and new codes for the same seats. I am not happy! They are all in this scam together in my opinion! Comments? It was a fantastic show! The Stones were on fire!!!

I have never used Stub Hub, but was considering it for an upcoming show. Hearing your story, that scares me because after airfare, hotel, etc, I expect to get the seats I purchased. Maybe I won't try Stub Hub after all. Anybody else have bad experiences with it?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:03

stonesfrkk
WOW what happened to onlystones? I thought Atlanta was his next gig? I thought he would be chopping his blow hooking in his limo back staging and front rowing? Where are you onlystones? Your a lot like me I'm not being sarcastic bro? Looking forward to your escapade in writing?

He said he was taking his aunt to this show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:13

crawdaddy
I hope all things are O.K. with BV.

Haven't heard from him since before the Atlanta gig and no reports of the show.

Hope all is well with you BV.

No worries. I was very busy in Atlanta... just arrived into Orlando, have to change hotel, too bad, will be online tomorrow and update pages reports etc.

Altanta was great, very humid. Mich was sweating like crazy, same with me, hot hot hot humid humid humid. Long live the Stones, Southwest and small intimate hotels in Orlando. So great I found a new hotel and got to dumb the big ugly one. More tomorrow.

Bjornulf

Posted by: KJ56 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:17

About how long before gates opened did sound checks start? Headed to Nashville next week, don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:21

The Sicilian

For the long time Stones listener and connoisseur that's what remains to really stoke the fire. And really, that's been the case for ar least a decade, so i'm used to it. But I remind myself constantly how special it is that we can have these conversations in the present tense. And also, always remember a star needs to be added to the review for those who were there at the concert. In other words, if a version is a 2 or 3 out of five for the peanut gallery, it's a 3 or or a 4 if you were at the show. Or a 5 with the requisite beers and doobies. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 07:25 by andrewt.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 11, 2015 07:29

bv
crawdaddy
I hope all things are O.K. with BV.

Haven't heard from him since before the Atlanta gig and no reports of the show.

Hope all is well with you BV.

No worries. I was very busy in Atlanta... just arrived into Orlando, have to change hotel, too bad, will be online tomorrow and update pages reports etc.

Altanta was great, very humid. Mich was sweating like crazy, same with me, hot hot hot humid humid humid. Long live the Stones, Southwest and small intimate hotels in Orlando. So great I found a new hotel and got to dumb the big ugly one. More tomorrow.

Nice. I wasn't worried for a second. Stones on tour = BV is doing just fine, thank you very much.thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 11, 2015 08:23

i think at this point in the carreer of the band - and the aging of its fans- there is a difference between wishful thinking and reasonable expectations and criticism.

In the first category I put the desire to have them opening the concert with rocks off (it would have been an effing great opener as they did it the other night!) and pulling off the entire sticky fingers in a stadium (I was skeptical they would do it anywhere). 1969fan has clearly explained why

In the second category I put the sad consideration of a band that do not release an album with new material in 10 years, the last coming 8 years after the previous

About their live set, I do really agree with whom said that they have doubled the energy of their ageing fans and with whom says that "in the house" Tumbling Dice can be way more exciting than Sway. Nothing compares with the groove of a live Brown Sugar, even in 2015

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 11, 2015 08:28

Great to hear BV is doing just fine. I remember the bike accident last year when we didn't hear for a day or two but work , travel and changing hotels can take up lots of time.

Enjoy Orlando everyone. smileys with beer

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 11, 2015 08:32

Let's all cross our fingers and hope they can get one more good album out without too much production. There's just got to be some decent blues stuff in them.

Date: June 11, 2015 09:46

Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke
Nikkei
[picosong.com] Thanks Tumblingdice, sounding excellent!

Cheers to that! smileys with beer

And here's Some Girls, audio only: [soundcloud.com]

HFS Cristiano: this is great...
Thans for posting!
Holy Fukcing Sh.t what a good performance!! You can hear MJ is not just singing great but performing like he's doing when in great shape.
Absolutely fantastic thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

The guitars gave me a 1978 feel! Lovely version indeed!

Mick is just struggling to find the pitch in the beginning (Like on 2000 LYFH in Glasto). He did great after than. He's a pro, trooping on anyhow thumbs up

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 11, 2015 10:50

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke
Nikkei
[picosong.com] Thanks Tumblingdice, sounding excellent!

Cheers to that! smileys with beer

And here's Some Girls, audio only: [soundcloud.com]

HFS Cristiano: this is great...
Thans for posting!
Holy Fukcing Sh.t what a good performance!! You can hear MJ is not just singing great but performing like he's doing when in great shape.
Absolutely fantastic thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

The guitars gave me a 1978 feel! Lovely version indeed!

Mick is just struggling to find the pitch in the beginning (Like on 2000 LYFH in Glasto). He did great after than. He's a pro, trooping on anyhow thumbs up

Yeah that's your sound eh? Your favorite album. I always like how he as a singer is 'playing' that song and thought he did a good one. Didn't miss the harp. Ridiculously funny by the way how those MTfans like rokyfan are always so intellectually policor about the essence of that period being the musical adventure and stuff like that they idealize ("unleash MT" "give him freedom") but as soon as they do a song a little different even the ones they hadn't played for years they all of a sudden hang on to the original album version confused smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 11, 2015 10:52

Green Lady
with sssoul
Green Lady

Beautiful! Green Lady, do you know (or can you ask) who took that, please and thank you kindly?

Tweeted by someone called Michael Hubert (@Hubie_12). No other credits given, so I guess it must be his.

Very gallant of you to track that down, my dear Green Lady! Please feel highly appreciated

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 11, 2015 10:59

MidnightDevilRambler
Best CYHMK I've ever heard!

WOW!!!!

Good for ya -
but don't let the folks over at the "MT - what's on your mind right now"-thread hear ya... smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home