Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26
Re: Where's You Got To Move?
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:39

F A N T A S T I C

C

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:41

Nikkei
[picosong.com] Here's an excellent mono audio courtesy of Tumblingdice smileys with beer
Thanks for posting it up for me Nikkei!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:45

Here's Some Girls, that I posted on the Atlanta thread. Thanks a lot, TumblingDice! smileys with beer

[soundcloud.com]

Date: June 10, 2015 22:50

Cristiano Radtke
Here's Some Girls, that I posted on the Atlanta thread. Thanks a lot, TumblingDice! smileys with beer

[soundcloud.com]
Thank you for posting Cristiano!!!

Date: June 10, 2015 22:57

My pleasure, tumblingdice! Until now there is no video from these two songs, so I appreciate your work on recording that and sending us the files to post here. smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:59

tumblingdice
Cristiano Radtke

[soundcloud.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:03

Naturalust
That's it? Don't get me wrong I love the acoustic and electric slide guitar approach but give me all the guys crowded around a couple of mics with all of them singing in the old blues tradition over Jagger and Lisa and Bernard any day.

It sounds ok, but a more group vocal approach, warts and all is what I'd prefer.

I've got the feeling this is the last we will see of this for the main tour anyway. It doesn't quite trump Moonlight Mile, not even close.

peace

Same could be said for the whole show, really. The more orchestrated tracks like Moonlight Mile lend themselves better to the read-it-from-the-charts professionalism of Band 2.

Date: June 10, 2015 23:04

about somegirls

those who: "I cant stand them how they became so slick and "Vegas", I'd better love them train wrecking guitars"

would soon comment: "OMG what a mess!"

me I love the rolling stones

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:10

andrewt
Same could be said for the whole show, really. The more orchestrated tracks like Moonlight Mile lend themselves better to the read-it-from-the-charts professionalism of Band 2.

So this is what we call it now? Guess in 2030 we'll have "Band 2 World Tour Featuring The Original Keith Richards" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:10

maumau
tumblingdice
Cristiano Radtke

[soundcloud.com]

smileys with beer

smileys with beer
Great version!!!
A bit of rearranging did the song good!!! Compact and edited the bridge and omitting the "black and/or white girl" line after the Chinese girls!!! Charlie RULES!!! LOVE IT hot smiley

And HERE IS YOU GOTTA MOVE smileys with beer SUPERB LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
[picosong.com] Here's an excellent mono audio courtesy of Tumblingdice smileys with beer smileys with beer SMILEY WITH A BEER INDEED!!!

Keep those two in the setlist hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 23:17 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:16

maumau
tumblingdice
Cristiano Radtke

[soundcloud.com]

smileys with beer

Very cool guitars on this one but Mick's vocals leave something to be desired, imo. Sugar Blue's harmonica part is sorely missing. Too bad Mick didn't give it a crack. The B/G vocals are not quite right either, Lisa singing on this one just doesn't cut it, especially around 4:00 where something goes terribly wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it was great live, but since we have the recordings to analyse I've got to be honest about what I'm hearing.

Thanks for posting Cristiano. thumbs up

peace

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:17

maumau
about somegirls

those who: "I cant stand them how they became so slick and "Vegas", I'd better love them train wrecking guitars"

I think a lot of the time it's the off-putting combination of the slick, Vegas action happening simultaneously with some less than inspired guitar playing. That combo makes for a jarring experience that really take someone out of the moment.

That said, my first impression off that Soundcloud Some Girls is pretty positive.

It drags a bit at the end, but otherwise it's allright, from what I can make out from the recording. The backing vocals threw me off a bit, though.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:48

Nikkei
[picosong.com] Here's an excellent mono audio courtesy of Tumblingdice smileys with beer

I like it....

Date: June 10, 2015 23:53

andrewt
maumau
about somegirls

I think a lot of the time it's the off-putting combination of the slick, Vegas action happening simultaneously with some less than inspired guitar playing. That combo makes for a jarring experience that really take someone out of the moment.

That said, my first impression off that Soundcloud Some Girls is pretty positive.

It drags a bit at the end, but otherwise it's allright, from what I can make out from the recording. The backing vocals threw me off a bit, though.

yes i agree it drags a bit in the end as it does in the beginning with mick trying to get into it and going for help close to ronnie and chuck and singing three times in a row the same lyrics
also on ygtm fron 00:58 to 01:03 on the soundcloud bit, keef guitar tone is quite dry and rude

Re: Atlanta GA USA 9-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 11, 2015 00:08

Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke
Nikkei
[picosong.com] Thanks Tumblingdice, sounding excellent!

Cheers to that! smileys with beer

And here's Some Girls, audio only: [soundcloud.com]

HFS Cristiano: this is great...
Thans for posting!
Holy Fukcing Sh.t what a good performance!! You can hear MJ is not just singing great but performing like he's doing when in great shape.
Absolutely fantastic thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

smileys with beer Both YOU GOTTA MOVE and SOME GIRLS ("The 2015 NO black or white girls just wanna get focked all Night version) are TOPS (hot smiley) Thanks!!! thumbs upsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 00:16 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:08

Nikkei
[picosong.com] Thanks Tumblingdice, sounding excellent!

smileys with beer

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:11

tumblingdice
Nikkei

Thanks, Nikkei.
This is awesome.
They should play this every show. Until someone call it a warhorse.grinning smiley

Date: June 11, 2015 00:17

a bigger nut
tumblingdice
Nikkei

Thanks, Nikkei.
This is awesome.
They should play this every show. Until someone call it a warhorse.grinning smiley

thumbs up

Date: June 11, 2015 00:22

Hey Cristiano I just noticed that the pic on soundcloud.com where you uploaded my recording of SG actually has me in the pic! That is me in the blue shirt, aisle seat in front of the screen. How cool!

Date: June 11, 2015 00:27

HomerSimpson
Naturalust
Is that Ronnie I hear ripping it up on the Satisfaction rhythm? Did they take the leash off him tonight or what?

peace

Yes they did!!! Ronnie was in the zone tonight!

I tend to agree. His best showing of the tour, judging by the recordings. I sincerely hope he keeps it up. His leads weren't necessarily what got me excited, but his overall playing of rhythms and fills was quite delightful.

A noticeable cut above the last tour, imo. Perhaps he's finally comfortable enough in his role that he's pushing himself to greatness. He continues this trend and he may finally get the recognition he deserves here on this board and elsewhere.

peace

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:32

I would pay to see that show. CYHMK, YGM, SG! I'm the first to accuse The Stones of being a tad safe, but to play those three songs, in a row, in a stadium is pretty ballsy. Hats off to The Stones....

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:33

crawdaddy
Anyone see St Paul and The Broken Bones performance and liked them ?

Noticed they are one of the twelve support acts for The Who at Hyde Park gig which is due to start at 2 p.m. on June 26th.

They were very entertaining - very!

Date: June 11, 2015 00:36

tumblingdice
Hey Cristiano I just noticed that the pic on soundcloud.com where you uploaded my recording of SG actually has me in the pic! That is me in the blue shirt, aisle seat in front of the screen. How cool!

What a coincidence! That pic was taken by a friend of mine who was there yesterday - at 14th row, if I'm not wrong. Earlier today he sent me some of his pics, and when I was posting your audio file I chose a random photo.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:37

What has happened to ''All Down The Line''? Every time it's played it seems to be slower and less energetic:

2015: Too slow tempo for me to enjoy it.

2012: Just perfect.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:51

Naturalust
That's it? Don't get me wrong I love the acoustic and electric slide guitar approach but give me all the guys crowded around a couple of mics with all of them singing in the old blues tradition over Jagger and Lisa and Bernard any day.

It sounds ok, but a more group vocal approach, warts and all is what I'd prefer.

I've got the feeling this is the last we will see of this for the main tour anyway. It doesn't quite trump Moonlight Mile, not even close.

peace

Great minds think alike T...apparently though, so do ours.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:57

Naturalust

It's not supposed to trump MM, more like follow it in the setlists.
Unfortunately I think your feeling is right, they did seem to rush through it and glad to move on afterwards.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:05

Cristiano Radtke
tumblingdice

What a coincidence! That pic was taken by a friend of mine who was there yesterday - at 14th row, if I'm not wrong. Earlier today he sent me some of his pics, and when I was posting your audio file I chose a random photo.

Cristiano... is your friend named Fernando?

Date: June 11, 2015 01:07

Natlanta
Cristiano Radtke
tumblingdice

Cristiano... is your friend named Fernando?

Yep, that's right. Do you know him or have met him yesterday?

Date: June 11, 2015 01:13

Nikkei
Naturalust

It's not supposed to trump MM, more like follow it in the setlists.
Unfortunately I think your feeling is right, they did seem to rush through it and glad to move on afterwards.

It would be nice to see both tunes played but they've pretty well established that they are only going to risk one SF slow number per night. Moonlight Mile will get played again, it so good every show deserves it and hopefully I Got The Blues will get played at least once.

Perhaps Coming Down Again would work at the last show to let us all down easy.

peace

Posted by: KJ56 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:48

tumblingdice
ADTL sound check
How far in advance of gates opening did the sound check start. Heading to Nashville next week,don't wanna miss it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home