Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:30

keefgotsoul
Anybody know what that guitar Mick is playing for Moonlight Mile?

A Trussart : [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:30

Some people had of course expectations for a more exciting setlist after the hints about Sticky Fingers in its entirety.
But if we have had this setlist yesteryear we would've been overwhelmed.
BOTH Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Midning Rambler. Plus Moonlight Mile.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:35

Nikkei

Yeah. Some more here which I can't seem to embed: [twitter.com]

Here they are in large:

ZIP-Code Tour opening night in San Diego - Photos by Kevin Mazur: [Twitter.com] .

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:37

Could see CYHMK first time since Licks Tokyo 2003.
And Moonlight Mile under the moon.grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

I couldn't get in LA show, but no regret. I could see another great show.
I will skip Columbus but Minneapolis then back to Japan.

Hope to see I Got The Blues in Minneapolis.smiling smiley

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:43

Seems like others thought the sound was good? I was in A10 and the sound was pretty dreadful much of the time. I couldn't tell if it was the mix, the equipment or my position (most likely this). I was in front of the audio/lighting tent which could have caused some echo. While it was a fantastic show I couldn't feel the crowd much of the time--again likely due to my seating. THe rows of chairs were annoying, way too close together.
Now, enough complaining. It was a great time, not as good as when I saw them in Madrid last year, but much better than Hyde Park 1 two years ago. Keith's voice, IMO, sounded better than I can recall. Either I have gotten used to his vocals or he has improved (likely both). I was so glad he didn't do Can't Be Seen, Before They Make Me Run is much better. Slipping Away was decent (but I would have loved Happy or Thru and Thru). Moonlight Mile was a delight, beautiful imagery as well.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:47

That show rocked, period.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:51

crawdaddy
Just been going through these 18 pages and gotta say I thought it was a great setlist for a stadium show.

No complaints from me if I had been there.
Gotta say though I would want a half decent seat or preferably standing, less than 100 metres away from the stage. I wouldn't fancy being in a crap seat in the rafters or anywhere too far away and up high though. Would take a lot of the enjoyment out of it ,even with those huge screens.
Hope some youtube clips appear in next day or two

Big thanks to Nikkei for all the pics and running commentary. You did a great job. Well done. smileys with beer

Thank You for appreciating it. smileys with beer
But I sure hope that for the upcoming shows Cristiano will be on the job again, as the time difference for us Europeans is quite nasty

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:56

Plink
BV, can we have a thread for Zip Code Tour setlist grievances?
This would make the show threads much more enjoyable for those of us following along with enthusiasm. It's tiresome to read the same setlist complaints over & over again, in thread after thread, year after year. It would be great to have it all contained in one master thread on the subject.

There is one editorial page per show. On top of these pages you will find the set list, easy to read. Like this one, from the Fonda show:

[www.iorr.org]

There will be one for San Diego some time tomorrow i.e. Monday.

Bjornulf

Date: May 25, 2015 12:02

Keith managed to dig out a decent jacket for a change. Latebloomer might be disappointed cool smiley

Date: May 25, 2015 12:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 12:03 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:20

How much time (or songs) were out on the walkway? The place to be or not?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:23

bv
Plink
This would make the show threads much more enjoyable for those of us following along with enthusiasm. It's tiresome to read the same setlist complaints over & over again, in thread after thread, year after year. It would be great to have it all contained in one master thread on the subject.

There is one editorial page per show. On top of these pages you will find the set list, easy to read. Like this one, from the Fonda show:

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for responding, BV. I do know how to find the setlists for each gig - I was actually proposing the possibility of having one master thread for members to post Zip Code Tour setlist complaints & opinions in the Tell Me forum. It would be nice to have all the complaints in one place. It's a bit of a drag when every single Tell Me Live Updates show thread is repeatedly populated with the same setlist grievances (as has happened since I started following IORR in 2012).

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:26

San Diego setlist with Micks comments between songs. Thank You Stonesnews.com

San Diego! Are you ready for the Rolling Stones?! They're ready for you!
1.Jumping Jack Flash
2.It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Thank you very much San Diego! It’s great to be back here I can tell you! This is the first show of our 2015 ZIP CODE tour and we’re glad to start it right here!
3.All Down The Line
4.Tumblin' Dice
Thank you! I like that! - Its great to be back in Petco Park, we were the first band to play Petco Park when it was named that back in 2005. The Petco people have been wonderful to us.. they supplied all the backstage catering… I particularly like the Chicken & Venison tin and Keith liked the Shepherds Pie flavour Ronnie Wood liked the T-Rex Tortoise Formula but I’m worried he’s now into his shell…
We do this one called
5.Doom & Gloom
We’re gonna do a few songs from Sticky Fingers! Not the whole album, which we did the other night in Los Angeles, and I think we got away with it… We’re gonna be helped out very graciously by Gary Clark! Come on Gary! Very nice set he did earlier. We’re gonna do this one called
6.Bitch (with Gary Clark Jr.)
Gary Clark Jnr! Thank you Gary!
We’re gonna have to slow it down a little bit. We’re gonna do another song from Sticky Fingers. It’s great to be here on Memorial Day weekend – I know there’s a lot of men & women are here from the services & its great to have you here. This one’s called
7.Moonlight Mile
Thank you San Diego! Last one from Sticky Fingers, in this little bit anyhow…
8.Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Fantastic! Almost jazz… Thank you all you San Diegans! San Diegons…! We put some some songs up on line and we don’t find out what the winner is until it comes up on screen…
9.Street Fighting Man (song vote)
Are you feeling good?!
10.Honky Tonk Woman
Thank you very much, thank you very kindly! I’d like to introduce you to a beautiful lady and friend of mine, Miss Lisa Fischer on backing vocals! Alongside her Mr Bernard Fowler, on the saxophone Tim Ries! On the tenor sax Karl Denson, he’s from San Diego! On the bass Darryl Jones! On the keyboard Chuck Leavell! On the guitar Mr Ronnie Wah Wah Wood! On the drums, he’s been surfing for days down here, Charlie Watts! On the guitar and now the vocals Keith Richards!
Good evening San Diego! Good to be back here, it’s been a while, you can’t be everywhere! This one’s from Steel Wheels, it’s called
11.Slipping Away
…It’s Before They Make Me Run! Old habits die hard…
12.Before They Make Me Run
13.Midnight Rambler
We’re having a great time here in San Diego. It’s so beautiful here, why would anyone want to leave…especially The Charges.
14.Miss You

15.Gimme Shelter
16.Start Me Up
17.Sympathy For The Devil
18.Brown Sugar
Thank you very much San Diego, you’re really wonderful, goodnight!
Encores
19.You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the Members of the Bob Cole Conservatory Choir)
Thank You - fantastic, San Diego!
20.Satisfaction

Date: May 25, 2015 12:27

Plink
Thanks for responding, BV. I do know how to find the setlists for each gig - I was actually proposing the possibility of having one master thread for members to post Zip Code Tour setlist complaints & opinions in the Tell Me forum. It would be nice to have all the complaints in one place. It's a bit of a drag when every single Tell Me Live Updates show thread is repeatedly populated with the same setlist grievances (as has happened since I started following IORR in 2012).

The general Complaints Thread at your service. Fire away: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:28

Doubles

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 12:29 by Niek.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:34

erad
Apologies if this has been posted, awesome pic!

This is so cute and sweet, my glimmer boys!grinning smiley

Date: May 25, 2015 12:39

Irix
Nikkei

Yeah. Some more here which I can't seem to embed: [twitter.com]

Here they are in large:

ZIP-Code Tour opening night in San Diego - Photos by Kevin Mazur: [Twitter.com] .

Irix, since last year already I had meant to ask: How do you manage to pull those ultra high resolution pictures off rs.com?
Especially the Tour Posters. Have you hacked into their server or are you the one who runs it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 12:40 by Nikkei.

Date: May 25, 2015 12:49

corriecas
well, Can't you hear me ..sounded real great to me. Liked it.
Karl played great.

Jeroen

Couldn't agree more. Lovely version!

Posted by: worriedboutyou ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:49

I've got a great seat left for the Minneapolis show let me know

Date: May 25, 2015 12:52

erad
claudine
Can't You Hear me Knocking - 5/24/15
video: [www.youtube.com]
I love Ronnie but that solo just can't even begin to compare to Staples 2013 or Glastonbury, such a shame that MT is not playing on this tour.

That said, pretty good setlist, wish Auckland last year had CYHMK, MM and SFM.

Go listen to Staples, then!

I loved it thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 25, 2015 12:56

Plink
bv
Plink

[www.iorr.org]

There are ten times as many posts complaining about setlist "whiners" as there are complaints. Is it really all that painful to read something you don't agree with, so you have to ask the big man to please make it stop? Give me a break. I liked this setlist but I like reading things I disagree with.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:13

Irix

[www.Facebook.com]

I'm not whining about this setlist, but it's not that I would travel to the USA for it.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:18

Thanks for the updates! From what I can hear they sounded great! smiling smiley cyhmk sound good, both the sax and Ronnies solo. The setlist is a good one!! Can anyone tell me how Gary Clark jr did on Bitch? Imo he didn't do it very well in Hyde Park, but it might be that I remember it wrong....

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:35

DandelionPowderman
erad
claudine
I love Ronnie but that solo just can't even begin to compare to Staples 2013 or Glastonbury, such a shame that MT is not playing on this tour.

I loved it thumbs up
Don't get me wrong man, Ronnie is one of my favourite guitarists (his work on the live version of 'I Wish It Would Rain' with the faces is incedinary) and I would have absolutely loved to have seen them break out CYHMK when I saw them in November,with or without MT. By all accounts this sounds like it was a great show, times like these when I rue living in NZ because it's not feasible for me to see many shows.

Date: May 25, 2015 13:39

erad
DandelionPowderman
erad
claudine

I loved it thumbs up
Don't get me wrong man, Ronnie is one of my favourite guitarists (his work on the live version of 'I Wish It Would Rain' with the faces is incedinary) and I would have absolutely loved to have seen them break out CYHMK when I saw them in November,with or without MT. By all accounts this sounds like it was a great show, times like these when I rue living in NZ because it's not feasible for me to see many shows.

thumbs up

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:39

Videos so farsmiling bouncing smiley

Jumpin' Jack Flash (official with Soundboard Audio): [www.youtube.com]

Moonlight Mile [www.youtube.com]

great outro!!

Sympathy: [www.youtube.com]

Honky Tonk Women: [www.youtube.com]

Street Fighting Man: [www.youtube.com]

Can't You Hear Me Knocking: [www.youtube.com]

Gimme Shelter: [www.youtube.com]

All Down The Line: [www.youtube.com]

what the hell plays Matt Clifford on that Organ/Keyboard?
guess these legato brass sounds come from him

--EDIT 12:45--
+Bitch: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 13:45 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:48

I cant believe your complaining about setlists. We had a brand new song tonight.

Give Me Shelter!!!!!!!

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:53

I see that the horrendous screaming on Gimme Shelter continues...

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:58

Thanks, StonedRambler, for posting the video list - much appreciated smileys with beer

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:58

StonedRambler
For me it's not so bad that Mick Taylor isn't on Tour with them.
We can finally see how Ronnie is doing with Can't You Hear Me Knockin' or Sway and I'm sure he is getting better and better with every concert!

I doubt Sway is going to be played a lot on this tour. Maybe not at all. I am aware it was played at Fonda.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home