Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:39

I have not seen anyone else do video replies to tweet questions.. but I bet we will see others do it now.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:53

swimtothemoon
When do we think the spots were recorded? There was a slip when Keith mentioned
He just heard about BB. If this whole thing was recorded days earlier than many
Of us wasted our time sending thoughtful questions - myself included. Up until
The beginning of the session I was getting prompts to hurry and submit my questions. If this recorded ahead of time thing is true then I have just lost
A lot of respect for this band. Lying to your fan base seems like a big mistake to me.

The Stones already at the rehearsal venue, where it apparently took place, at 10 a.m.?? No way!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:01

Idiotic...

they go on periscope yet have an app for phones that's programmed from 2012 by mobileroadie app not optimized for new phones just stretched to fill screen. terrible social media prescence by having video response for softball questions.

Ronnie saying they are rehearsing songs they never did before like Sister Morphine... was the stupor that deep that he forgot Bridges To Babylon 1997 and his Sister Morphine which came over great at Foxboro...

Mick always "said" he wanted to be cutting edge technology wise yet Voodoo Lounge CDRom stuff was based on code outdated by 1995 windows 95 and was troublesome for many to get to work.... and I go back to their app which for $1.00 here and another $1.00 there one got "exclusive videos" from prior tours. nickel dime me but at least get an app worthy of such a great band. show it to someone and they would think it belongs to a startup band....not "Start Me Up".

And no other than the presale hype we people bought tickets forgetting as usual the ticket selling model they have and will use from Kohl forward fans should have known tickets would be available. I am one row behind platinum for $402... and 4 seats in from ramp.

either way good luck to all I hope you have great time at shows as I know I will both Buffalo and Orlando.

Mick if your reading this UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION FOR PHONES

Date: May 19, 2015 03:07

yet Voodoo Lounge CDRom stuff was based on code outdated by 1995 windows 95 and was troublesome for many to get to work....

That CD rom worked perfect and was fun for me when I bought it and played around with it, just like the twitter thing is working fine right now for anyone who goes and looks at it.

And let anyone who has never had memory lapse cast the first Stone.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:08

I just came here tonight to see what the special announcement was. Can anyone explain what was an announced?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:09

DoomandGloom
I just came here tonight to see what the special announcement was. Can anyone explain what was an announced?

Nothing. NME was incorrect in reporting that an announcement was coming today.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:20

If the announcement was just about Periscope, then it was lame. I wonder though
what they will be broadcasting through there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 03:21 by Amy340.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 19, 2015 03:57

The announcement probably was that periscope thing. To me, with all this BS, it seems like stones management must think we are all like a bunch of Justin Bieber
fans. Seems they don't realize who their fan base really consists of. Maybe it's
AEG trying to do somthing to fill these stadiums while the stones just go along with it all and cash the checks.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 19, 2015 04:03

Periscope is only for IOS. STUPID. STUPID STUPID social media people. This is being handled so poorly it is insane. Either management is making bad decisions, social media management folks are making bad decisions, Stones are making bad decisions, or the service provider is making bad decisions.

I'd broadcast for them in full multicam and do it right, for next to nothing.

Date: May 19, 2015 04:05

Maybe they will broadcast the club show?

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 19, 2015 04:10

Leonioid
COOL!!

I thought the tweet/video interviews were cool>> [twitter.com]

I saw early on how it was going, so I decided to come back later and pick and choose which questions I wanted to see/hear them answer... and I just did that... and it was fun to see them talk!!!

I enjoyed seeing the video replies (from some of my favorite famous people) versus the regular text tweet replies and I know full well at this point to not expect anything earth shattering, and I assumed the announcement was about the Fonda theater warm up show, and we already know that... so... I thought it was a fun way to spend 20-30 minutes and a good idea.

I bet a lot of poeple will enjoy stopping by the twittter account and seeing the clips, even if it was recored earlier.

Thanks Stones!!

u sound like a neat-o guy

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 19, 2015 04:17

flacnvinyl
Periscope is only for IOS. STUPID. STUPID STUPID social media people. This is being handled so poorly it is insane. Either management is making bad decisions, social media management folks are making bad decisions, Stones are making bad decisions, or the service provider is making bad decisions.

I'd broadcast for them in full multicam and do it right, for next to nothing.

You can see Periscope broadcasts on the computer as well... when you broadcast a link is uploaded to your twitter so that anyone can click on it.

Date: May 19, 2015 04:18

snarky

u sound like a neat-o guy
Looks like romancandle aka chelseagirl is back

User Profile : snarky
Email: Hidden
Date Registered: seven days ago
Last Activity: three minutes ago

nice try kid, but...

Date: May 19, 2015 04:25

It is still up, for anyone interested [twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 04:38 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 19, 2015 04:36

open-g
Field day at NME?

via Imgflip Meme Maker

+1

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:06

Mick rules ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:08

What a waste of time.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: May 19, 2015 05:16

Mick does rule...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:20

Leonioid
I have not seen anyone else do video replies to tweet questions.. but I bet we will see others do it now.

It MIGHT have been that influential if it had been live. Pre-recorded responses to hand-selected questions felt antithetical to the 'real-time' conceit of Twitter, at least to me.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:37

As lame as that was, I think you can say in defense of the band that NOBODY is really sure how to market music these days.

It's a mixed-up muddled-up shook-up world, indeed. The Stones have enormous advantages over lesser "brands" but they also face a challenge: in an age where disintermediation rules and middlemen are made obsolete, how does a 50-year old band of 70-somethings get closer to its customers?

Do they run the risk of looking foolish if they try to be too au courant? Do they take the Dylan approach and give an interview to AARP to make sure the geezers all come out to stadiums this summer?

It does seem, though, that if they ARE going to dip their toes into the social media waters they could probably afford some better help.

Date: May 19, 2015 05:46

LongBeachArena72
Leonioid

It MIGHT have been that influential if it had been live. Pre-recorded responses to hand-selected questions felt antithetical to the 'real-time' conceit of Twitter, at least to me.

I watched it later so it did not really matter to me if it was live.

I have read/seen/submitted to enough AMAs (ask me anything) on various places that I know how these things work. It is like them going on a talkshow without the talkshow. Of course it is all rigged, soft ball questions. They are not going to answer any tough questions, etc etc. I am surprised (not really) at how pissed off people are.

I guess I am just satisifed with this band. I hit that point one night when they played SWAY for me and after a lifetime of Stones shows I was finally satisifed... I have seen all the songs people blab and beg for, but I have not seen them so many times that I am a jaded faded nay saying complainer either. I am sitting perfect. :)

I have read all the news, seen all the interviews... and at this point I have no expectations that this twitter thing will not give me a piece of info I do not know and if there is some new info I certainly do not need it RIGHT NOW!!!

I know I wont learn any new Stones info... well except... I learned today that Charlie does not own horses, his wife does, and she doesnt own horses, she own herds and herds of them, like 300-400 horses... but he does not ride any of them (unless he was kidding, which he might have been)... lol, Good ole Charlie and Mrs Watts... and Charlene too.

Anyway... I am no longer searching for "that wave", that "white whale", that ultimate buzz, "The Stones moment"... I have had them, many of them, I have been there, I have loved that, but not too much, so I am still in the moment.

I am not pissed or mad or yelling at them... are you kidding? But here I read 7 pages of pissed off people who are mad at the Stones? Really? lol.

I am just thrilled that my guys are still in the game AND COMING BACK FOR MORE!!! LIVE IN CONCERT!! RIGHT BY ME THIS TIME!!! YAY!!!!

twitter schmitter... I went out and enjoyed a 70 degree 20 humidity beautiful day and I looked at the silly twitter thing later and it was cool. It is still cool. GO look at it... it is cool. They have little clips of them all answering the questions.... so at least we KNOW for sure it is them answering the questions, not a bot

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:52

Thankfully, I had to work thru all this.

So what was the special announcement? The Stones will announce which teams will be relegated in the Premier League.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 19, 2015 07:10

For those of you who can't get enough of the twitter experience:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 19, 2015 07:38

that awkward moment, when the "greatest rock and roll band in the world!" becomes....Spinal Tap.

Sorry, the suckers are just getting what they are paying for: cynical, manipulative millionaires stealing not just your money, but your time, too.

Date: May 19, 2015 08:13

wellalright
that awkward moment, when the "greatest rock and roll band in the world!" becomes....Spinal Tap.

Sorry, the suckers are just getting what they are paying for: cynical, manipulative millionaires stealing not just your money, but your time, too.

Maybe the special announcement will be the stones are turning their Amps to eleven for this tour?

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 19, 2015 08:36

well that.. or they're releasing a bonus box set of the "Twitter Sessions" -- just 10014 copies ("Mick's favorite zip code!")

Date: May 19, 2015 09:52

The Sicilian
Thankfully, I had to work thru all this.

You are blessed...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 19, 2015 10:20

LongBeachArena72
As lame as that was, I think you can say in defense of the band that NOBODY is really sure how to market music these days.

It's a mixed-up muddled-up shook-up world, indeed. The Stones have enormous advantages over lesser "brands" but they also face a challenge: in an age where disintermediation rules and middlemen are made obsolete, how does a 50-year old band of 70-somethings get closer to its customers?

Do they run the risk of looking foolish if they try to be too au courant? Do they take the Dylan approach and give an interview to AARP to make sure the geezers all come out to stadiums this summer?

It does seem, though, that if they ARE going to dip their toes into the social media waters they could probably afford some better help.[/[/b]quote]

Absolutely !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 19, 2015 10:57

The Stones twitter thing is being talked about on Sky News this morning. Also talking about The Stones in general and what they are up to.

Must be a slow news day but over 50 years on they are still making it on the news media.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 19, 2015 11:04

Exactly - my impression from all this is that their social media people are either a) complete idiots, and, like chevysales and flacvinyl say, technologically clueless, or b) not actually social media people at all, as in they're just regular office bods who get tasked with running the Twitter account etc in addition to their normal duties. I cannot believe the Stones are so cheapskate as to take this approach when every big brand wanting to develop their social media presence these days hires an outside consultancy for the job, but it looks that way. And yes, sadly, there's a definite element of taking the fans for fools, assuming that no-one here or at the other boards has the knowledge or wherewithal to spot that it was prerecorded and that they took questions from proxy accounts. You really have to wonder what's going on with the band's management when you consider this alongside the MT farce, and how badly they handled that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home