Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:39

Leonioid
How come you did not not invite Mick Taylor for the ZIP Code, does he have really bad BO or something?

Funny you would ask that Leonioid, because when my brother met Ronnie many years ago all he could tell me was Ronnie had really bad B.O.
On the other hand, the several times I've met Ronnie since then he must have been wearing deodorant...no sign of B.O.!

(Not attempting to start another MT vs. Ronnie debate) smoking smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:39

buenosairesstones
The announcement was that there was no announcement was all stupid lieconfused smiley

Sergio

It was a rumor that originated at NME, who knows what they were referring to. Lots of folks on this forum believed it was announced by the Stones and now they are all upset.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:42

Hairball
Leonioid
How come you did not not invite Mick Taylor for the ZIP Code, does he have really bad BO or something?

Funny you would ask that Leonioid, because when my brother met Ronnie many years ago all he could tell me was Ronnie had really bad B.O.
On the other hand, the several times I've met Ronnie since then he must have been wearing deodorant...no sign of B.O.!

You know you cant trust brothers, come on man, trust your own nose, it knows.

Date: May 19, 2015 18:45

Koen
buenosairesstones
The announcement was that there was no announcement was all stupid lieconfused smiley

Sergio

It was a rumor that originated at NME, who knows what they were referring to. Lots of folks on this forum believed it was announced by the Stones and now they are all upset.

Koen ok I understand , it's just that I'm disillusioned . I 'm expecting new things, but I think it will happen

Sergio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:50

Apparently this was the "special announcement".
A periscope. Don't ask me why...

Date: May 19, 2015 18:51

Things will work out fine.
The Stones will play, people will be delighted.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:55

Hairball
Leonioid

I'll start it.

Who stinks worse? MT or RW? GO!!!!

This thread will last for days now.

Date: May 19, 2015 18:56

lol :)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2015 18:59

Why won't you answer any questions with any depth, or possible controversy?

At this point are we just suckers with wallets to you?

Do you enjoy ignoring every request for old Stones' songs?

Are the vaults really empty, or did you just get bored?

Mick, how deep did it hurt you that your solo career stalled, and you couldn't shake the Stones?

How much would you have to be paid not to play Sympathy For The Devil?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:04

onlystones
Hairball
Leonioid

I'll start it.

Hahaha - I've never met MT personally.
The closest I've been to him was front of stage at the Roxy with the Bluesbreakers in L.A. 1982, and front of stage 100 Club in London 2003.

On both occasions, any sign of B.O was drowned out by the smell of a dirty club, stale beer, and hundreds of other people in the crowd.
With that said, I'm sure MT probably smells as good as he plays guitar which is better than most! thumbs up

Date: May 19, 2015 19:07

may I?...

24FPS
Why won't you answer any questions with any depth, or possible controversy? it might cost us money

At this point are we just suckers with wallets to you? no, of course it is not that simple, there are suckers with purses too

Do you enjoy ignoring every request for old Stones' songs? most of our songs are old Stones; songs

Are the vaults really empty, or did you just get bored? yaaaaaawn, what was the question again?

Mick, how deep did it hurt you that your solo career stalled, and you couldn't shake the Stones? The Stones are my favorite thing to do, besides young starlets.

How much would you have to be paid not to play Sympathy For The Devil? Bout treefiddy

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:25

Hilarious!!!!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:30

Hairball
onlystones
Hairball
Leonioid

I'll start it.

Hahaha - I've never met MT personally.
The closest I've been to him was front of stage at the Roxy with the Bluesbreakers in L.A. 1982, and front of stage 100 Club in London 2003.

On both occasions, any sign of B.O was drowned out by the smell of a dirty club, stale beer, and hundreds of other people in the crowd.
With that said, I'm sure MT probably smells as good as he plays guitar which is better than most! thumbs up

I did meet MT personally in a little pub...
But no idea about B.O.... I smelled too much ... :-)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:51

paulywaul
Stoneburst
Exactly - my impression from all this is that their social media people are either a) complete idiots, and, like chevysales and flacvinyl say, technologically clueless, or b) not actually social media people at all, as in they're just regular office bods who get tasked with running the Twitter account etc in addition to their normal duties. I cannot believe the Stones are so cheapskate as to take this approach when every big brand wanting to develop their social media presence these days hires an outside consultancy for the job, but it looks that way. And yes, sadly, there's a definite element of taking the fans for fools, assuming that no-one here or at the other boards has the knowledge or wherewithal to spot that it was pre-recorded and that they took questions from proxy accounts. You really have to wonder what's going on with the band's management when you consider this alongside the MT farce, and how badly they handled that.

I have to say, that it does seem strange that they're not sufficiently on the ball to actually ensure that they DO hire a competent outside consultancy for the purpose of developing their social media presence. It seems that in this respect, their finger might have somewhat slipped off the pulse. Which is a little odd, because of the very obvious interest they all seem to have in ensuring that the various aspects of a stage performance (sound, lighting, props, visuals) are as good as they possibly can be. And so by contrast, it just seems that they either don't have much interest in, or perhaps understanding of, the entire social media phenomenon. Through their kids perhaps, they're probably vaguely aware that they possibly "ought to" have a social media presence, because it is unquestionably a marketing tool if used effectively ... but the lack of proper commitment to it (as amply exhibited by yesterday's debacle) is all too obvious. Perhaps there's only so much energy and enthusiasm to go around, and they channel all theirs into ultimately where it matters most .... to making a 2 hour Stones show a f***ing great spectacle.

I think they either ought to drop the whole social media thing, or alternatively give it the attention it deserves and get truly professional people onto it. Because at the moment, their flirtation with it quite simply looks horribly half-assed and is probably doing them more of a disservice than a service !!

I can think of a few reasons The Stones probably don't/shouldn't develop a slick Social Media presence:

1. Sites like FB own all the content posted to the site. The Stones know enough about creative property rights to steer clear of that nonsense.

2. Social media attracts plenty of strange characters, comments and activity which is pretty least common denominator stuff. People hiding behind their keyboards lashing out at and posting the most stupid stuff. Just look at the twitter questions (and ones posted here) and you can see why the Stones might shy away from a daily barrage of such idiocy.

3. Since none of the four Stones likely participate regularly in Social Media it would just represent another obligation, one that requires near constant attention to please the daily media addicts, they probably believe that their own website a good enough platform to share generally small amount of info they want made public. Their lives are probably about as offline as it gets for celebrities and feeding the Social Media monster would do nothing but take away from it.

4. Their fanbase has been pretty well established for many years and the additional ones they are likely to get from a strong Social Media presence don't represent a big enough benefit compared to the effort and risk of jumping in and "doing it right". Not sure they are even that concerned with new fans these days.

5. They, like many others, think Social Media sucks. And after that Twitter fiasco, they are more convinced than ever. Most of the longtime fans here were quite disappointed and the ones that weren't seem so lost in adoration they would praise a Stones fart as being in the perfect key.

I wouldn't mind if the Stones took the "too cool for Social Media" stand, it's about time someone did.

peace

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 19, 2015 19:54

24FPS
Why won't you answer any questions with any depth, or possible controversy?

At this point are we just suckers with wallets to you?

Do you enjoy ignoring every request for old Stones' songs?

Are the vaults really empty, or did you just get bored?

Mick, how deep did it hurt you that your solo career stalled, and you couldn't shake the Stones?

How much would you have to be paid not to play Sympathy For The Devil?

BRUTAL.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:14

Naturalust
...and the ones that weren't seem so lost in adoration they would praise a Stones fart as being in the perfect key.

I would. After that I would want to listen to an early outtake.

Date: May 19, 2015 20:15

It is funny, but not surprising or unexpected, that the constant complainers here are the the biggest insulters of anyone who does not join their hive mind of bashing every single thing the Stones do.

This twitter thing yesterday was not a "fiasco" except in the minds of grumpy complainers who are better suited to be out in the fields overseeing their workers (gleefully whipping and yelling at their field hands) than posting on a message board.

This twitter thing was a little thing, it is not that big of a deal except to anyone who is constantly looking to zero in on something/anything about The Stones and complain about it, to them it is a FIASCO!!!

Date: May 19, 2015 20:44

Nikkei
Naturalust
...and the ones that weren't seem so lost in adoration they would praise a Stones fart as being in the perfect key.

I would. After that I would want to listen to an early outtake.

lmfao. They're all early outtakes, you're in luck.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:53

>grinning smiley< ...but seriously, concerning social media your assessment is spot-on.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:18

stonehearted
What good is "trending" on Twitter, when the average mayfly has a longer lifespan.

"Adults are short-lived, from a few minutes to a few days, depending on the species." [en.wikipedia.org]

grinning smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:18

Thru and Thru
open-g
Field day at NME?

via Imgflip Meme Maker

+1

ROFL grinning smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:32

Stoneage

Hey! I have one of those - were they looking for me? is that what this was all about??
I'm still eatin pizza on 57th and Broadway, if anybody really cares :E

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:35

with sssoul
Stoneage

Hey! I have one of those - were they looking for me? is that what this was all about??

...if it ain't Ray's, I ain't interested....(just kidding)

Date: May 19, 2015 22:37

with sssoul
Stoneage

Yeah we care with sssoul, better start making your way toward LaGuardia, all the action is on the left coast.

peace

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:45

Naturalust
with sssoul

Yeah we care with sssoul, better start making your way toward LaGuardia, all the action is on the left coast.

peace

But but but I'll be able to see everything through my periscope, right?
It's a Rolling Stones periscope! And I love the Rolling Stones

Date: May 19, 2015 22:47

with sssoul
Naturalust
with sssoul

peace

But but but I'll be able to see everything through my periscope, right?
It's a Rolling Stones periscope! And I love the Rolling Stones

Yeah but we want to see you too! smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:31

with sssoul
Stoneage

You're in the US for the tour, with sssoul? Hope to catch up with you somewhere! smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 19, 2015 23:35

Leonioid
This twitter thing yesterday was not a "fiasco" except in the minds of grumpy complainers who are better suited to be out in the fields overseeing their workers (gleefully whipping and yelling at their field hands) than posting on a message board.

Date: May 20, 2015 00:08

Stoneburst
Leonioid

[imgg]stupidpicture[/imgg]

If you feel this comment applies to you and compells you to reply to it, then that is about you, but I hadnt seen you on this thread... yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 00:09 by Leonioid.

Posted by: JaggerisGod ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:47

Opening Act for The Music City June 17th:

Brad Paisley to open for Rolling Stones in Nashville

[www.tennessean.com]

- PP

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home