Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday
Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:21

Why did iphone come out as cussing in my post above?

Date: May 18, 2015 23:22

donnarq1
Why did iphone come out as cussing in my post above?

It's a dirty word at IORR.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:35

So ... to all you social media savvy wizzos out there. Was this a successful exercise for the RS, in promotional terms (or in "drumming up interest" terms) ... or given that most people on here agree that it was pretty lame all in all, was it actually detrimental to their cause ?

Opinions ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:35

"special announcement is also expected to be made to on the night."
(http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/85419#39dgEH1i3QdQ90DG.99)

"Also, a special announcement is expected the same day"
(bv, IORR News)

Don't must have something to do with the q&a, just expected the SAME DAY.
Seems there is still a change for that special announcement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 23:36 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:36

OK, I followed them on Periscope, now what? My phone makes all sorts of noises all day and night and at some point I discover they played a whole show while I was asleep? #justmyluck

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:51

no stones announcement but i find out u2 is playing at the roxy!! lolspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:01

what a disappointment

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:03

paulywaul
So ... to all you social media savvy wizzos out there. Was this a successful exercise for the RS, in promotional terms (or in "drumming up interest" terms) ... or given that most people on here agree that it was pretty lame all in all, was it actually detrimental to their cause ?

Opinions ?

Depends what they wanted out of it - if they were just aiming to trend in parts of America for a few hours and drum up additional interest for this tour (it doesn't appear that they trended worldwide) then yes, it worked. Otherwise probably not. There are two things they should learn from this:

1) if you're billing something as a live Twitter event, it has to actually be live and should aim to draw in users with large followings for maximum impact. This was canned in every sense in that it was obviously prerecorded and limited to lame questions from recently registered users with about ten followers apiece - it genuinely would not surprise me if a number of those accounts had been registered a while ago by people in the Stones' office for this event. If they'd sat Jagger down at a computer and actually got him to answer decent questions that were coming in in real time, that would have been quite good, but as it was they just looked a bit silly.

2) social media is a means, not an end. The fact that this happened on Twitter (or that you can download an app to vote for your favourite song, or whatever) doesn't actually matter because their ticket prices are still mostly too high and the setlists are boring. Jagger's inability to remember what's actually on the Sticky Fingers reissue is this point in a nutshell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 00:07 by Stoneburst.

Date: May 19, 2015 00:05

I think we have just witnessed a 'non-event'.

Date: May 19, 2015 00:05

Yeah, that's spot on, Stoneburst.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:10

LongBeachArena72
onlystones
Finally. Moonlight Mile a great question and answer.

Best line of the day: "It's about your dog."

He was very reluctant saying anything but nothing....

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:12

If Mick can't remember what songs are on Sticky Fungers, that pretty much confirms there will be no complete album show!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:16

potus43
what a disappointment

and a colossal waste of time for those of us dumb enough to follow along refreshing our screens for two hours.

guilty as charged.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:19

It came across as something their social media Team suggested to Mick. From the band's perspective it was pretty much just another interview.
To set up new accounts for predetermined questions absolutely won't help them trending. In order to maximize the outreach it would have been much
smarter to concentrate on the questions of users with, like, 1000-5000 followers. The questions aren't even relevant, but that would be the way to create a "grassroots" buzz.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:30

How embarrassing...
But hey, it's not the end of the world!

They clearly made some wrong decisions over the past few months, haven't they?
Maybe they should get professional management. They've done good from 2012 to 2014. Though. But this year....wow...crash landing so far....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:32

Well for the record the special announcement bit came only from the NME article. There was no mention of any type of special announcement on Twitter or Facebook when promoting the Twitter Q&A. At the moment, the only one in the wrong is NME.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:38

treaclefingers
potus43
what a disappointment

and a colossal waste of time for those of us dumb enough to follow along refreshing our screens for two hours.

guilty as charged.

Yup, I gotta put my hand up to that too ...... sad smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:47

What good is "trending" on Twitter, when the average mayfly has a longer lifespan.

"Adults are short-lived, from a few minutes to a few days, depending on the species." [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: May 19, 2015 00:57

I am 40 years old , I was like an idiot waiting for the announcement .
I'm ashamed to say ..confused smiley

Sergio

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:03

I came back from work as late as 11pm and read all eleven pages of non-information and embarassment as soon as i could.
Guilty as charged;-)
I loved Charlies answers. Great guy!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:07

NME were indeed the perpetrators of the announcement "news".

As accurate as their recent story that Ronnie blamed Rod Stewart's management for holding up a Small Faces reunion...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:08

Glad I went out shopping.

This Twitter Interview was retarded.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:20

When do we think the spots were recorded? There was a slip when Keith mentioned
He just heard about BB. If this whole thing was recorded days earlier than many
Of us wasted our time sending thoughtful questions - myself included. Up until
The beginning of the session I was getting prompts to hurry and submit my questions. If this recorded ahead of time thing is true then I have just lost
A lot of respect for this band. Lying to your fan base seems like a big mistake to me.

Date: May 19, 2015 01:26

I really feel an idiot for being two hours listening to nothing .I think the fans do not deserve this.

Sergio

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:49

Field day at NME?

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 01:50 by open-g.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:50

COOL!!

I thought the tweet/video interviews were cool>> [twitter.com]

I saw early on how it was going, so I decided to come back later and pick and choose which questions I wanted to see/hear them answer... and I just did that... and it was fun to see them talk!!!

I enjoyed seeing the video replies (from some of my favorite famous people) versus the regular text tweet replies and I know full well at this point to not expect anything earth shattering, and I assumed the announcement was about the Fonda theater warm up show, and we already know that... so... I thought it was a fun way to spend 20-30 minutes and a good idea.

I bet a lot of poeple will enjoy stopping by the twittter account and seeing the clips, even if it was recored earlier.

Thanks Stones!!

Date: May 19, 2015 02:10

mtaylor
LongBeachArena72
onlystones
Finally. Moonlight Mile a great question and answer.

Best line of the day: "It's about your dog."

He was very reluctant saying anything but nothing....

thumbs up I loved that part, funny seeing a smart-alec Mick!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:20

Leonioid
COOL!!

I thought the tweet/video interviews were cool>> [twitter.com]

I saw early on how it was going, so I decided to come back later and pick and choose which questions I wanted to see/hear them answer... and I just did that... and it was fun to see them talk!!!

I enjoyed seeing the video replies (from some of my favorite famous people) versus the regular text tweet replies and I know full well at this point to not expect anything earth shattering, and I assumed the announcement was about the Fonda theater warm up show, and we already know that... so... I thought it was a fun way to spend 20-30 minutes and a good idea.

I bet a lot of poeple will enjoy stopping by the twittter account and seeing the clips, even if it was recored earlier.

Thanks Stones!!

Nice try, Leonioid...pretty sure even that display of generosity will not score you a seat in the Secret Show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out But if it does, I would like to add that I have rarely been so transported by a Twitter event and cannot adequarely express gratitude for the opportunity to refresh my screen all morning!

(ok, so I didn't -- I just tuned in and read 7 page of iorr summaries [than you all!] but if I had had the chance I might have tried to tune in, maybe)

- swiss

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:22

For us hardcore fans it was lame, but it did stir up interest in the Tour, which I think was the goal. It was pre-recorded, and I'm sure Mick screened all the questions before she asked them. But it gives the media all day to report on what little they said, and Rolling Stone magazine did just that. Free publicity with their article, etc.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 19, 2015 02:28

Gfmsoccer
For us hardcore fans it was lame, but it did stir up interest in the Tour, which I think was the goal. It was pre-recorded, and I'm sure Mick screened all the questions before she asked them. But it gives the media all day to report on what little they said, and Rolling Stone magazine did just that. Free publicity with their article, etc.

That's what I was thinking. For your average fan, it was great. Sure, a lot of the questions were just drivel but it's twitter. I'll take what I can get at this point. I definitely learned a few fun facts during Mick and Keith's interviews and so to me it wasn't entirely a loss.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home