Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Date: May 11, 2015 13:29

I thought the rehearsals weren't audible from the outside? That means that you were inside, CDay smoking smiley

Posted by: kdsalter ()
Date: May 11, 2015 14:59

Dan, I remember you as an "ardent listener" from the 2013 rehearsals. You and I were wandering around the Echoplex at 8 am the morning of the show. Have you been to the 2013 rehearsal site? Are they there again or somewhere else?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:11

Cday161
Thanks Cocaine Eyes,

Was just trying to confirm pre-gig info with you, havnt got our E-vite yet, sorry about that I misunderstood your comments I thought you knew some imp. info.

Note : They sounded great as always at rehearsal.

S.D. here we go

(UP ME START) > (UP WARM GIG) ;p (E-VITE ONLY)

Not certain what I'm being thanked for, but a "thanks" is always welcome.smiling smiley

Cday161, I've started a thread about "special gigs"......so please stay tuned.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:13

Beast
<<They buggerd BV the last day at the rehearsel more than the band.>>

Shorely not..!

I certainly didn't see any of that sort of mallarcky happening, and didn't even see the press bothering BV in any way.
A couple of hours later having a chat to Chuck and Mrs Chuck (Rose), after meeting them on a walk in town, got the impression that Oslo was going down well as a reheasals and opening city for the band.

Let's hope they do the same on the next Europe Tour. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:14

MT will not be on this tour. It was insurance against a health issue KR had which is now gone. He was there only for business need. No nostalgia, etc.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:17

kdsalter
Dan, I remember you as an "ardent listener" from the 2013 rehearsals. You and I were wandering around the Echoplex at 8 am the morning of the show. Have you been to the 2013 rehearsal site? Are they there again or somewhere else?

Different site this time.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 11, 2015 19:09

Beast

Shorely not..!

VG TV did...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 11, 2015 19:12

I think what's happening in the rehearsals is more interesting than the concerts themselves at this point. Would love to buy a 4-dvd set with tons of rehearsal takes from 2012-2014, including all the songs they never played live smiling smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 11, 2015 19:26

TE
Beast

Shorely not..!

VG TV did...

TE
Oslo

Wasn't that bad. When BV said no to answer about how many concerts, interview etc. He laughed it away. But they kept asking. This was last night at the Filmpark. They pushed kids away when the cars left. Totally W*n*k*rs with a video camera. Fhank you VG TV. And to add... TV2, thats almost a real TV station. They had a guy there. Top guy!!!

Ah, now shut up...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 11, 2015 20:12

Hairball
Hahaha I made a comment this morning that In'N'Out is "overrated"
Then someone replied to my comment saying "sacrilegious".
And these comments were deleted? Hahahaa.

What the hell, it's not like I'm degrading someone's religious and/or political beliefs.
It's only rock'n'roll...and cheeseburgers! smiling smiley

Back on topic - someone mentioned they clearly heard Beast Of Burden played at rehearsals. You sure it wasn't Beast of Burger? lol

Hey, to some of us having an In N Out burger and fries IS close to a religious experience!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 11, 2015 21:31

yeababyyea
I think what's happening in the rehearsals is more interesting than the concerts themselves at this point. Would love to buy a 4-dvd set with tons of rehearsal takes from 2012-2014, including all the songs they never played live smiling smiley

A while back Eagle Rock asked the fan base what we would like for them to capture and make available. Rehearsals was my request. I would far rather hear them play Route 66, Stray Cat Blues, She Was Hot, Little Queenie, etc, than Satisfaction any day. The rehearsals and club gigs always have the best setlists and are far more interesting than the predictable Sympathy/TumblingDice/StartMeUp/JJFlash/BrownSugar/YCAGWYW/Satisfaction setlist.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:15

I wanted to listen outside these rehearsals but it does not sound like it is worth the trip if they can not be heard from outside. Disappointing. I would not at all seek, chase or bother the band members. Insiders-please let us know if this changes.

I too would love a recording of the lesser played songs done at rehearsals.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 11, 2015 22:24

Seems pretty clear that no one has been able to get close enough to the rehearsals for any length of time to give a list of tunes they are practicing. Roller99 reported hearing one song, Beast of Burden. We can assume Moonlight Mile and other SF tunes are being played from what Mick and Keith have said during interviews.

I kind of miss the reports from the rehearsal stalkers that we've gotten in the past. I'm assuming since Bjornulf has been silent that there is nothing to report and he's off biking in the Santa Monica mountains. Oh well.

peace

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:22

little queenie
Bsebastian
Leonioid
Lien
Charlotte winking smiley
[instagram.com]

I think this was the beauty who was supplying us with set lists each night? Added!!

she's charlie's grand-daughter.

I just can't believe that someone a year younger than me (Serafina) has a daughter that old....do we know how old Charlotte is?

She's only 18, if you can believe it

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:23

I'm taking the seemingly tight lipped/buttoned down rehearsals as a positive sign that the band intends to unleash some surprises on us all.....

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 11, 2015 23:40

this showed up on my LA casting listings could it be the stones? its unusual for the Dolby to be taping something "Huge Band" related maybe they just did it on the spontaneous on the down low---

1:45PM RUSH CALL - Celebrity Concert! Read parking details CAREFULLY!! 1:45PM DOLBY THEATRE RUSH CALL Television $40/3 Check Yes No Union Affiliation 5/11/2015
Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 - 50
RUSH CALL Audience for DOLBY THEATRE at 1:45PM TODAY! Pays $40/3 Check....HUGE HUGE CELEBRITY BANDS!! BIG BIG NAMES!! BUT....BUT PARKING NOT PAID FOR!! .READ THIS CAREFULLY. They are NOT providing parking!!! And there is VERY limited parking in the area, IF AT ALL. Your option is to park at the HOLLYWOOD HIGHLAND structure, take a ticket.. and get it validated at a shop afterwards.. You LIKELY will STILL have to pay $15 for parking at the end of the day. They WILL NOT reimburse you. AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Date: May 11, 2015 23:43

benroyblenkle
this showed up on my LA casting listings could it be the stones? its unusual for the Dolby to be taping something "Huge Band" related maybe they just did it on the spontaneous on the down low---

1:45PM RUSH CALL - Celebrity Concert! Read parking details CAREFULLY!! 1:45PM DOLBY THEATRE RUSH CALL Television $40/3 Check Yes No Union Affiliation 5/11/2015
Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities /18 - 50
RUSH CALL Audience for DOLBY THEATRE at 1:45PM TODAY! Pays $40/3 Check....HUGE HUGE CELEBRITY BANDS!! BIG BIG NAMES!! BUT....BUT PARKING NOT PAID FOR!! .READ THIS CAREFULLY. They are NOT providing parking!!! And there is VERY limited parking in the area, IF AT ALL. Your option is to park at the HOLLYWOOD HIGHLAND structure, take a ticket.. and get it validated at a shop afterwards.. You LIKELY will STILL have to pay $15 for parking at the end of the day. They WILL NOT reimburse you. AT YOUR OWN RISK.

well that is right now so i guess we'll find out...

Date: May 11, 2015 23:47

it showed up on my casting page like an hour ago---I cant get over there
I submitted to it but never heard back

Date: May 11, 2015 23:57

it could be them plus an opener or 2--could be wotrth checking out--I cant get over there--Ive seen castings like this before where they pay a few background from LA Casting and then recruit people from the street with flyers or by mouth---as its about to happen
But if they are trying to fill the Dolby theatre right nowthere is probably a Production assistant outside trying to get people to come on in for free
this listing showed up as a rush call--so they need people--last resort will be to pull people in off the street...

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:05

DaveG
Hairball

What the hell, it's not like I'm degrading someone's religious and/or political beliefs.

Back on topic - someone mentioned they clearly heard Beast Of Burden played at rehearsals. You sure it wasn't Beast of Burger? lol

Hey, to some of us having an In N Out burger and fries IS close to a religious experience!!

Hey eye popping smiley Forget burgers, it is just to survive. If you really need to have a good meal, take the next plane to France, Italy or some asian states.

Date: May 12, 2015 00:07

That would be so cool, to be pulled off the street for something like that... what are the odds in life...I hope no one shows up hoping for them and ends up having to sit through some other horrible band though LOL

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:10

Seems a bit early for them to be assembling at a theater but the BIG BIG and HUGE HUGE does sound suspicious.

Maybe they were all playing so well and it was all sounding so good they decided to push the schedule a bit. Can't keep this one a secret for long, hope someone here has an update soon.

quote roller99:
"MT will not be on this tour. It was insurance against a health issue KR had which is now gone. He was there only for business need. No nostalgia, etc."

This again? Are you just speculating or do you have a credible source for this? Seems even the insurance companies should know "no Keith, no shows". Does anyone actually believe they would do a show with just MT and RW on guitars?

peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:13

ouroux58
DaveG
Hairball

Hey eye popping smiley Forget burgers, it is just to survive. If you really need to have a good meal, take the next plane to France, Italy or some asian states.

...I've been to great restaurants in Paris, Milan, Vienna, New York and San Francisco, and yes the food in these places are great! But IMHO New Orleans has these places beat (as a whole),

Date: May 12, 2015 00:14

False alarm I had my hopes up

Date: May 12, 2015 00:21

it was American Idol sorry everyone

Posted by: matinil ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:21

Its for American Idol

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:25

They come across really desperate for candidates if you ask me

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:27

Saw where American Idol will be finished after its 15th season in January---FINALLY!smiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:30

Nikkei
They come across really desperate for candidates if you ask me

American Idol announced today the show is being cancelled due to lack of interest. This must be the final push for the final season ...BTW, I've never watched that show.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:31

BluzDude
ouroux58
DaveG
Hairball

...I've been to great restaurants in Paris, Milan, Vienna, New York and San Francisco, and yes the food in these places are great! But IMHO New Orleans has these places beat (as a whole),[/quote

Yes, I've dined on some really wonderful cuisine all over the world. But . . .for a burger and fries, In N Out any day for me. I thing having grown up in SoCal has something to do with it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home