Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Date: May 20, 2015 01:29

So we (the Android users) just need to have our phones closeby, and to act quickly when we get a twitter notification, to be able to stream this (on twitter)?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:33

Ya know, I watch quite a few live streaming events (e.g. I watched the "Farewell to MAD MEN" panel discusion live as it was happening on Sunday afternoon with all of the stars and crew of the show which was hosted on the emmys website [www.emmys.com] )(and it worked perfectly with no extra downloads needed) and most other streams work perfect too without me having to download anything.

I do not like downloading crap/spyware/whateverware which some website claims I need to have. What is this 1997? Why cant they just use something simple with no extra downloading needed?

persiscope schmeriscope

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:34

I'd be really surprised if they stream anything from tomorrow night live. It is a warm up gig after all and they probably need it to work out the kinks. I would think that after a quick review by Mick they might consider letting a couple of videos out. I hope I'm wrong of course.

No big secret where the rehearsals were now that they are done. Hilarious.

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:35

DandelionPowderman
So we (the Android users) just need to have our phones closeby, and to act quickly when we get a twitter notification, to be able to stream this (on twitter)?

i'm not positive, but i think that when they go live on periscope their twitter feed will give a link that will work for you if you are on a computer instead of a phone, or on an android device. but i'm not sure.

Posted by: Jeffroi ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:43

'Everything awl right in the critic section?'

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:47

I'm at the Fonda, about 8 people n line

Date: May 20, 2015 01:51

BluzDude

I hope you get to see this show BluzDude, Good Luck Man. Cheers!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 01:52 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:53

BluzDude

Good luck!

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 20, 2015 01:57

Did they rehearse I Got The Blues & You Gotta Move? MEZ

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:10

Turner68
BluzDude

Good luck!

Good for you, Bluz! Crossing my fingers and toes that you are in the right place at the right time, and I expect a full report! smileys with beer

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:11

Do we have any word on potential time? I'm in London and wanna sleep, but just in case of streaming wanna set an alarm..

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: May 20, 2015 02:17

BluzDude

Have you got any very young hungarian in the queue? Just shout "Albert", please! Greetings and good luck to everyone.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:00

Word is 400 tickets will be available to the public

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:02

Good luck Bluzdude.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:16

how many people are over there with you its going to be a chilly night stay warm

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 03:26

BluzDude

Finally, the first word about tickets. I'm on my way. I should be in LA in about 6-7 hours (maybe 12a-1a local time). Can be in the eight people line before three am. I will have transportation waiting if any mad dashes have to be made.

Will post on the plane and in LA when able. (God I live for this!!!)

See you there.

Date: May 20, 2015 03:32

onlystones
BluzDude

Finally, the first word about tickets. I'm on my way. I should be in LA in about 6-7 hours (maybe 12a-1a local time). Can be in the eight people line before three am. I will have transportation waiting if any mad dashes have to be made.

Will post on the plane and in LA when able. (God I live for this!!!)

See you there.

Good luck!

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:02

I'm not even in the same country and I'm anxious with anticipation for both of you...best of luck and keep us posted! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:11

I was at the line with Bluzdude and met BV. Everything was fine, until the security told us to leave.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:16

any news on distribution of tix .
A queue at Fonda, announcement to come, or will the 'inner circle' let it be known once it's over

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:33

Bluz dude are you hanging all night? I'm on my way down in an hour or so if you are iwas going to go early in the morning? is it legal to hang all night?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:37

Security wouldn't let anyone wait in line?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2015 04:40

angee
Security wouldn't let anyone wait in line?

No. "There's nothing going on here", that's what they told us.

Posted by: Naturalust ()

BluzDude

Thanks man! Between you and roller99 we are lucky to be given some real solid info.

peace

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()

BluzDude call me please 213-925-5494

Posted by: kevin2112 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:03

Also was there today. When I drove by there was a line of about 15 people outside so I joined. Fences w/ tarps all around load-in areas, so you couldn't really see. Lots of secrecy. Did see a large semi truck unloading musical equipment in. Someone else in line spoke with someone who was a PR guy from a record label and a guy who apparently is one of the guitar techs. The Stones are absolutely 100% playing tomorrow night, likely some tickets will be released to the public - announcement about tickets will be made via twitter interactions with fans, according to guitar tech guy. A man in the box office at the Fonda said tickets would not be sold there, but he may have just been instructed to say that (possible though). They are also rehearsing that show tonight at the venue. There was some chatter about the Roxy as well but I'm not sure if that ever led anywhere. Perhaps ticket sale location, rehearsal location, or a second show? Line was broken up eventually by what I thought was police and then realized was private security. They claimed to have no knowledge of any Stones activity (the officer I spoke to said that they generally have the full inside scoop on secret things like that) but of course I'm sure they were just instructed to say that to us. They claimed that they did security for most of the buildings on the block. Apparently we were blocking the sidewalk but we were not, it was about 15-20 people in a nice orderly line. We dispersed.

I'm returning to the Fonda tonight to try to catch a glimpse of the Stones coming or going, and most hopefully to gain some more information about potential ticket onsale time and location.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:52

The Rolling Stones are moving on to the next phase of the Zip Code tour preparations. Please use the following thread for posts from now on regarding rehearsals and related activities:

The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home