Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: kdsalter ()
Date: May 12, 2015 09:11

Anyone online who was at the 2013 rehearsal site (e.g Dan), have you been out to that site this week? Is it dead?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 12, 2015 10:36

roller99
alieb
roller99
[youtu.be]

Link from 2013...

cool! Too bad it cuts off right when you start to be able to hear their voices

[youtu.be]

Too bad it's 2013 footage from rehearsals at CS in Burbank....

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 12, 2015 13:46

Dreamer

Hi Dreamer! I have info NOT ONLY about LA but "other" small gigs as well. My info gets merged, as usual.eye rolling smiley You're right, it's all about control rather than helping others. Silly.....silly....silly.

So, let's hope the fans are able to learn about this stuff from *someone* here.

FYI, as it stands right now, I'll be leaving our home in Muskoka to return to Toronto for part of the summer. I love Muskoka very much. So much more pristine than Toronto!

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 12, 2015 14:36

Why have they chosen a closed space ? It gives us obsessives such pleasure to hear about what they are not going to play on the tour .....

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 15:08

kdsalter
Anyone online who was at the 2013 rehearsal site (e.g Dan), have you been out to that site this week? Is it dead?

Ye. Go back a few pages.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 12, 2015 15:59

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer

Hi Dreamer! I have info NOT ONLY about LA but "other" small gigs as well. My info gets merged, as usual.eye rolling smiley You're right, it's all about control rather than helping others. Silly.....silly....silly.

So, let's hope the fans are able to learn about this stuff from *someone* here.

FYI, as it stands right now, I'll be leaving our home in Muskoka to return to Toronto for part of the summer. I love Muskoka very much. So much more pristine than Toronto!

CE smoking smiley

Yeah it should have been a separate thread. King Merger will do that as soon as he's got some info himself finally... But he can't prevent you from doing the same for a specific date or dates as soon as you have a go for that!

I hope your summer in Toronto will be sweet & sunny!
I can't leave Europe this time, got loads of (very nice) work to do.

Let's hope the boys have a good time rehearsing and give us some good shows with interesting versions of YGM & SM and stuff like that drinking smiley

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: May 12, 2015 17:23

So when there are hints for Massey Hall around Micks birthday what about this NYC extra mentioned a while ago?
BV mentioned it as vague when starting the zip code tour thread, has this become more solid and connected to dates by now, or is Toronto the end of that?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: May 12, 2015 18:06

Hi Cocaine Eyes

I also live in Toronto and have been at 6 Stones club shows including the El Mocambo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-17 22:28 by soulrob.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 12, 2015 18:25

eismann
So when there are hints for Massey Hall around Micks birthday what about this NYC extra mentioned a while ago?

There's a blog called Festival Forecaster that had some rumored dates, including TO and NYC. Hasn't been updated recently.

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.com]

Date: May 12, 2015 18:57

tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 03:16 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 12, 2015 20:40

After the rehearsal, Ronnie went to see Lisa Fischer's concert with Sally. Liza Minelli was there too, and this pic was posted by Lisa's FB page.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 12, 2015 21:10

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 21:11

Mick confesses that Rehearsals are a great thing to be at and seriously asks for song suggestions via Twitter:

"Great to be in rehearsals for the Zip Code tour! What songs should we be practicing this time? Let us know what you want us to play!"

[twitter.com]

Date: May 12, 2015 21:12

note that he wants suggestions for rehearsals, not for the shows.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:03

Nikkei

that's pretty funny...truth is,and i didnt realize this until recently, the stones had done unknown songs at stadiums before and thats how they learned not to do it again.

they played something like 8 songs off of some girls on the 78 tour and the crowds were not real happy about it.

i saw them then but probably didnt give much thought to what anyones elses opinion was.but people should remember something,these guys know what they're doing...it's hard earned experience on display and for us to want them to just start doing unknown or rare songs in front of the masses is a bit selfish,and unrealistic.

Posted by: Jeffroi ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:06

Where in LA are rehearsals/

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:08

Yeah but some girls was the bomb!

Posted by: Jeffroi ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:09

Where is the 'Lounge' 'Open'? Can someone plz tell me where rehearsals areā€¦.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:14

soulrob
Hi Cocaine Eyes

I also live in Toronto and have been at 6 Stones club shows including the El Mocambo.

Could you possibly email me at [email protected]

Hey Rob...really enjoyed Soulsville USA!smileys with beer

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:25

Really, Mick wants to know what songs they should rehearse? Not sure how to respond. After all the complaints about set list and lack of use of MT. If this is true he's either lost it or he's being cruel to fans. Or it's a joke, or maybe they're not getting enough publicity? Anyhow, I'm sure they'll think of something to play.

Date: May 12, 2015 22:28

No point in responding really. It's a Twitter attention exercise and already overcrowded by requests for Miss You, Start Me Up and the like.

Date: May 12, 2015 22:32

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 03:18 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:39

Nikkei

Gives me an idea...

Why not have a web cam (is that still the right term) or "stream" of what they are doing in there. It would be FUN!! and I would even be OK if it was heavily edited... meaning have an hour delay button so they would only show us some of the cool takes... and if they flub it badly or someone starts yelling at someone else they can edit that out...

Or heck... pay some guy to edit a show called "YESTERDAY AT STONES REHEARSALS" and charge peole 10 bucks a day to watch the shows to be able to pay/fund the people who would do the extra work to put the show together, even if they use an unpaid intern.

I MEAN OF IF MICK IS GOING TO ASK US!!! LETS US SEE!!!
not to yell or anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 22:41 by Leonioid.

Date: May 12, 2015 22:43

Leonioid
and if they flub it badly or someone starts yelling at someone else they can edit that out...
Why stop there, that's where the real fun begins! They are like characters in their own reality soap already.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:50

Really like the idea of streaming rehearsals. That way they could satisfy us fans by playing rarities they won't do at shows. Actually it's borderline genius, I would gladly pay to see/or mostly hear it. I love stuff like Extreme Western Grip. Hope Mick or management is reading this.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:52

frankotero
Really like the idea of streaming rehearsals. That way they could satisfy us fans by playing rarities they won't do at shows. Actually it's borderline genius, I would gladly pay to see/or mostly hear it. I love stuff like Extreme Western Grip. Hope Mick or management is reading this.

Or anyone that has twitter could tweet it to him!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:54

Rehearsals are the only time they have to play for themselves without having to be "on" for an audience. A camera in their filming them would defeat the purpose of feeling like it was a safe place to make mistakes and try stuff. They need time to work on the songs and no matter how much we love hearing them play--that's not enough for them to grant us full access to their only real alone time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 22:54 by Justin.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:54

snarky
Yeah but some girls was the bomb!

it was-but the point is no one knew the songs because it was so new and alot of people weren't happy.thats the lesson the band learned and we have to learn-its not about us,its about the huge crowds having fun.

i saw the 78 tour and loved it,but then i was most likely standing outside the store the day some girls was delivered.

someone said the twitter requests were overcrowded with requests for miss you,start me up and the like...thats because thats what people want to hear.they come to hear the stones play the songs they love-its not really a bad thing.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:57

GREAT IDEA!

It be better then the show. I LOVE to watch them in the studio
or at rehearsals. Just being the Stones.

Bring it on!! haha..Thanks,.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:57

alieb
frankotero

Or anyone that has twitter could tweet it to him!

:) And I bet at this point, having just played big live shows not to long ago they are sounding pretty dang good. And if Mick is asking what to rehearse he knows we know and we care and maybe he would love to give some peaks inside... if only of the highlights of the rarer songs.

I just obtianed a CD/DVD set of Stevie Nicks and part of the package is Stevie in the studio doing her first album, and granted it was not much, just different takes of vocals and stuff, but it was really cool

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 23:00 by Leonioid.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home