Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Anita
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:52

Naturalust
tauk

Are you going to be around the SD show?

Hell yeah! Staying in Laguna Beach with friends and 6 of us are driving down for the event...might actually be there on time as long as the surfs not too good Sunday morning. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Our tickets are comped this time around, thankfully, guessing they will be up front on Ronnie's side but probably won't know till we get there.

peace
Cool- glad to hear that!
I'll also be on Ronnie's side, Row 3 Section A4 (the center runway section).
I'll be by myself for the trip. I'll try to be wearing some version of the iorr.org emblem. And pre-concert I'll probably meet up with the iorr people, sounds like a combined meet up with the shidoobees.

I'll be doing the 1 hour flight from Vegas around early afternoon Sunday. After the concert I'm not sure what I'll be doing....either "sleeping" in the airport to get on a 7:30 am return flight or I'll stay at a hotel nearby to everything right there on the coast highway.

I can't figure out what time the show really starts and ends?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 07:54 by tauk.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:57

Don't sweat it gypsy, I think your apology is good enough. Patti herself would probably forgive you in a heartbeat. Anita on the other hand would have cast an evil spell on you with blood draw during a violent encounter and you wouldn't stand a chance...winking smiley

(joking of course, with references from Spanish Tony's imagination)

peace

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:11

Thank you. If this helps, my decision-making abilities were impaired earlier. My left condyle recently broke like a twig, after six jaw surgeries. My surgeon put me on Percocet, Soma and Morphine on Friday (along with the Valium I've been on for several years). And I've been saying things without thinking. And then I just posted something cruel without thinking about it. Not to blame the meds, but I have never taken anything this strong in my life.

I'm a huge Anita fan, and a bunch of girlfriends and I started the first Anita website in 1999 - waaaay back when you couldn't find a single photo of Anita on the web.

If you do a search, you'll find an Anita Appreciation Thread from 2007 with some photos.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:17

I plan on rebuilding the site, either late this year or early next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 13:22 by gypsy18.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:35

tauk
Posted by: tauk

I wrote:
BTW have you ever come across info re. what happened to James Fox starting right after this movie was made?" Wikipedia has it and it did not have anything to do with Anita! Not this time!

Bliss wrote:
Not true. James Fox has stated in interviews that it was the decadence of the filming of Performance that led him to abandon acting and join the Navigators. Apparently James had been given psychedelic drugs unwittingly during filming and it's likely Anita had something to do with that.[/b] Also, the recent sudden death of his father, who had been opposed to him taking the role of Chas. His father was a theatrical agent, and believed that his role in Performance would have a deleterious effect on his career because of the drugtaking and homosexuality portrayed. Ironic because Performance has been rated as the best British film ever made by important film critics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bliss, Wikipedia doesn't name anyone specifically in re. to who gave/or smoked the DMT with James Fox. Wikipedia does contain statements by James Fox re. what factors he feels played into his emotional state and he doesn't blame any co-stars.

Several websites, including imdb, state that it was Mick Jagger with whom James smoked DMT. Now before I say anything else, let me be clear here- no source I've found at least so far, states that Mick PROFFERED the DMT to James or caused James to "unwittingly" take it. They all word it as James smoked DMT "with Mick Jagger."

However, there is no mention of Anita in re. to any drug use with James Fox on any web site that I've seen so far at least. Of course web sites don't always get their info correct, I realize that. You mentioned an interview James Fox gave. Did James Fox specifically make an allegation re. Anita (or anyone else) causing him to "unwittingly" take the drug, DMT? Is that interview in a printed source, a book, or on the web somewhere? I'm not doubting what you say...the librarian in me just likes to read up on stuff sometimes.

I plan to read any books written about the filming of "Performance". Perhaps I'll find the info you might have re. Anita's involvement. I concede there's probably a good chance she might have smoked the DMT with the two guys...but to trick him? Maybe I understand that in those early days of drugs people weren't as informed of the dangers as we are now...but still, that sounds so uncool, to say the least, on the part of anyone who might've been guilty of that sneaky move. That DMT sounds like it was some very dangerous sh*t.

On a lighter, (perhaps?) note: Interesting thought, maybe?...Hoping that Life Did Not Imitate Art here, or perhaps the stories got all mixed up between the scripted lines and what actually happened in real life--

there is a scene in the movie where James Fox/ Chas, upon realizing Anita/Pherber slipped him a "magic mushroom", screams "You poisoned me! You've poisoned me!"

Anita & Mick reply:"No! Don't be ridiculous! No! You've just been druggedgrinning smiley .......................

Which brings us back to examples of differing perceptions of same event by different participants...)spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks for "listening", again.

Carolyn G

Have you read either Colin McCabe's or Mick Brown's books on Performance? They tell you all the things that went on during filming. They're both very good, but I like McCabe's better. I have not read Paul Buck's newer Performance book yet, but would love to. No matter what the books say, Anita and Mick did not have actual sex during filming. It's just one of those rumors that got out of control, unfortunately.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:54

gypsy18
I plan on building a new site soon, but someone I can't name wants me to watermark the photos bc hundreds are all over the Internet now, and many are from my original negatives, photographs, and old European magazines I've spent a fortune on over the past 16 years. He wants them in the Anita book we have been collaborating on. He is very much affiliated with the Stones.

I think I've seen the website you guys so lovingly put together. Was it separated into decades with other folders for family and stuff? I recall such a site and really enjoyed it...probably looked at every photo when I was going through an Anita infatuation phase.

Good luck with your healing process and careful with those meds. Not to be preachy and you probably have heard it before, but....they may appear strong and effective now but they quit working pretty quickly as your tolerance builds, taking more is pretty hard to resist. I have seen so many people that start with a medical need and end with an addiction I could write a book about it. People with no history of drug use and the last you would think would end up with a dependence.

peace

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:55

Gypsy18, I greatly appreciate your heartfelt apology and most recent posts about Patti smiling smiley. I wish you all the best and hope you're on the mend very soon.

Date: May 18, 2015 09:42

Naturalust
gypsy18
I plan on building a new site soon, but someone I can't name wants me to watermark the photos bc hundreds are all over the Internet now, and many are from my original negatives, photographs, and old European magazines I've spent a fortune on over the past 16 years. He wants them in the Anita book we have been collaborating on. He is very much affiliated with the Stones.

I think I've seen the website you guys so lovingly put together. Was it separated into decades with other folders for family and stuff? I recall such a site and really enjoyed it...probably looked at every photo when I was going through an Anita infatuation phase.

Good luck with your healing process and careful with those meds. Not to be preachy and you probably have heard it before, but....they may appear strong and effective now but they quit working pretty quickly as your tolerance builds, taking more is pretty hard to resist. I have seen so many people that start with a medical need and end with an addiction I could write a book about it. People with no history of drug use and the last you would think would end up with a dependence.

peace

Yes! That was our site - a lot of really amazing women joined and contributed quite a bit. But we kept having to switch servers bc MSN shut down Groups, then Multiply followed suit. It was a pain to keep having to move photos. Can't wait to build a really nice site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 13:30 by gypsy18.

Date: May 18, 2015 11:25

Oh, no. I've been dealing with this since a boxing exhibition gone awry in 1994. I was 5'5" 110 pounds, and my dad has trained fighters my whole life. That year, I was sparring a lot with teenage boys close to my size. Sparring is a blast, and you are not supposed to injure your partner. I was on TV three or four times that spring. This lady from NOW wanted me to spar and do several self-defense demos at my university. But the 6X World Middle-Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion volunteered himself to be my partner. He didn't have a knockout punch, so my dad told him to get into kickboxing. We sparred every day for a couple of months and it was fun! On the day of our little show for NOW, he seemed to forget that I was half his size, and nailed me with a spinning backfist to the side of the head, pushing the disk in my jaw anteriorly.
I've had six surgeries since then. It was recently that the condyle on that side broke, and my good disk slipped anteriorly as well. I work Trauma/ER Radiology, so I just did my own MRI's, showed them to my oral-maxillofacial surgeon, and he said my jaw is now the worst he's ever seen, and wrote letter of medical necessity to my insurance company for the total jaw replacement surgery, which denied the surgery claiming its TMJ when three surgeons diagnosed it as osteoarthritis. My mandible is barely attached to my skull. So, all they can do is give me narcotics until we find a way to get the surgery approved. I'm going to write to the state insurance commission as often as possible, hire an attorney if it comes to that. I refuse to live like this. I want to work and be clean and healthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 14:07 by gypsy18.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:44

chatoyancy
Both Keith and Patti have spoken honestly of their differences, which have caused friction over the years. She said recently in an interview that she'd like to be more like him politically but she remains true to her family's strict religious Republican roots. He has said that he thought he could change her after marriage but it didn't work out that way. So they try to overlook the differences. It's easier now that their kids are grown and have established their own philosophies, which amusingly were apparently formed during many nights of Keith talking to them and sharing his Monty Python films with them. Theo says one of her favorite films is the irreverent Life of Brian

The ability to transcend, perhaps even celebrate differences, is a sign of a healthy relationship. Put in more old fashioned terms, it constitutes love. And Patti and Keith by all indication and proclamation, are still madly in love with each other.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 18, 2015 13:19

gypsy18
Thank you. If this helps, my decision-making abilities were impaired earlier. (...)
I'm a huge Anita fan, and a bunch of girlfriends and I started the first Anita website in 1999 - waaaay back when you couldn't find a single photo of Anita on the web.

Your love for Anita is very well known and that site used to be a shrine for all of us interested in allthings related to Anita (or in my case: Nellcote).
Hope you are feeling better soon and get both the new site and the book up and ready to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 13:20 by RobberBride.

Date: May 18, 2015 14:10

RobberBride
gypsy18
Thank you. If this helps, my decision-making abilities were impaired earlier. (...)

Your love for Anita is very well known and that site used to be a shrine for all of us interested in allthings related to Anita (or in my case: Nellcote).
Hope you are feeling better soon and get both the new site and the book up and ready to go.

Aww. Thank you. I have to get this surgery first though. Maybe #7 will be the lucky one, if I can get it to happen.

Date: May 18, 2015 18:36

gypsy18
Yes! That was our site - a lot of really amazing women joined and contributed quite a bit. But we kept having to switch servers bc MSN shut down Groups, then Multiply followed suit. It was a pain to keep having to move photos. Can't wait to build a really nice site.

That was a truly awesome site! Sorry you had to take it down. It was definitely the best collection of Anita photo's in the world. I will look forward to you getting another site going and certainly to the Anita book you refer to.

Hope you get well soon, I can only suggest getting a doctor to champion your cause with the insurance companies. As you know they are notorious for exploiting individuals but will often give in or bend their policies when dealing with a persistent and demanding doctor.

peace

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:14

It was indeed a great place to visit back then...............

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 19, 2015 04:03

>>No matter what the books say, Anita and Mick did not have actual sex during filming. It's just one of those rumors that got out of control, unfortunately.

There are numerous accounts of how the footage from the filmed sex was stolen and spliced together and presented at an Amsterdam erotic film festival, where it won an award. Even Stu mentioned this (sorry, I don't have the location of this quote but it could possibly be in in Philip Norman's or A E Hotchner's book).

If true, this film would exist somewhere.

Comments?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 19, 2015 04:10

Bliss
>>No matter what the books say, Anita and Mick did not have actual sex during filming. It's just one of those rumors that got out of control, unfortunately.

There are numerous accounts of how the footage from the filmed sex was stolen and spliced together and presented at an Amsterdam erotic film festival, where it won an award. Even Stu mentioned this (sorry, I don't have the location of this quote but it could possibly be in in Philip Norman's or A E Hotchner's book).

If true, this film would exist somewhere.

Comments?

Bliss, I started a thread on this topic a loooong time ago. Some interesting discussion here - tho' the trail to the photos has dried up.

- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 04:30 by swiss.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 19, 2015 05:41

To gypsy18: I haven't had a chance to read the books on "Performance" yet but I plan to read them as soon as I can..

If you're able to get the Anita website back up again I'd love to see it.

Good luck with your medical stuff. don't give up, give in, or get too discouraged or distracted...I know how medical problems can slowly take over one's life.

Date: May 19, 2015 05:56

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane, Swiss; one of the more memorable IORR threads.

This article from the thread is still up, and well worth reading for anyone interested in Performance.

Performance

What a small world this is - the organiser of the Wet Dreams Erotic Festival back in 1970 or so was none other than Jim Haynes, a legend here in Paris, whom I met awhile back. He's still here. Perhaps someone could ask him about the Anita-Mick footage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-19 12:03 by Bliss.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 19, 2015 11:49

Do you think someone can be in love with two people at once?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2015 12:03

YEP of course !!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sproullie ()
Date: July 25, 2015 06:30

what's all this nonsense about Anita being employed by the CIA via the living theater? Very confusing angle on someone I consider to be an integral part of the Rolling Stones story. But then again, pallenberg strikes me as a very smart, brilliant woman, so perhaps there could be a grain of truth in that nonsense?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2015 06:47

Hadn't heard of it till I saw your post, but it's a whacked out laugh riot as conspiracy theories go. Enjoy!

[anolen.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 25, 2015 06:55

There was no "actual sex" between Anita and Jagger. Nor was Anita employed by
the CIA.

Before Anita got so messed up on heroin, with Keith leading the way, she
was an intelligent young woman. And I am reliably informed that she is
a much happier, healthier person today and has been for quite some time.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 25, 2015 07:00

Perhaps the real reason behind the bust of Groovy Bob and the Stones in '67!

Date: July 25, 2015 07:19

This is the best article on the site. This stuff belongs on The Onion.

[anolen.com]

"In this post I’m going to highlight some unsavory history about the founding of The Rolling Stones. As many people already suspect, this band was almost certainly a creation of the Anglo-American ‘intelligence community’. I believe that The Rolling Stones were created in response to the failure of earlier ‘non-communist left’ undertakings such as the Congress for Cultural Freedom, which by 1962 had been ‘outed’. Our story begins in the Cotswold hills…"

Date: July 25, 2015 12:43

Rocky, long time no see, welcome back.

Date: July 25, 2015 20:57

Thanks, Bliss. I'm here every day as I've been for nearly 20 years now, but I don't always post.

Date: July 25, 2015 22:57

Rocky Dijon
Thanks, Bliss. I'm here every day as I've been for nearly 20 years now, but I don't always post.

Well I hope you continue to write a bit more Rocky I enjoy your posts and your humor.

Date: July 25, 2015 23:03

Thanks, Naturalust. Likewise.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 25, 2015 23:15

Rocky Dijon
This is the best article on the site. This stuff belongs on The Onion.

[anolen.com]

"In this post I’m going to highlight some unsavory history about the founding of The Rolling Stones. As many people already suspect, this band was almost certainly a creation of the Anglo-American ‘intelligence community’. I believe that The Rolling Stones were created in response to the failure of earlier ‘non-communist left’ undertakings such as the Congress for Cultural Freedom, which by 1962 had been ‘outed’. Our story begins in the Cotswold hills…"

There's loads of this nonsense out there:

[www.illuminati-news.com]

[12160.info]

[exposingilluminati.wordpress.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home