Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:48

KevinP1980
Is Ticketmaster handling the SD show? Or AXS?

San Diego tix will be sold by the Padres organization: [sandiego.padres.mlb.com]

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:56

Hey let's all hang and play over-the-line on South Mission Beach...just like the old days!!!

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 1, 2015 05:19

This is a quote from the www.utsandiego.com website. I of course have no idea if this is just mere speculation???? It gives no real source for this "possibility" Just thought I'd point it out.

"Because the Stones' upcoming San Diego performance is their only announced West Coast concert on this tour, it is expected ticket demand will be even higher. It is unclear if the Stones will add any more shows at Petco Park if its May 24 concert sells out. But that's certainly a possibility, since the band's next scheduled date is not until May 30 in Columbus, Ohio."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 05:20 by tauk.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: April 1, 2015 06:10

ok, I see now TM will not handle the SD show and AXS will, But AXS says nothing about the April 8th AMEX presale, only listing the April 10th date.

So here's the big question - will there be an approved ticket outlet online to offer the Amex presale tickets on April 8 for the SD Petco park show?

Date: April 1, 2015 06:13

GAFF
KevinP1980

San Diego tix will be sold by the Padres organization: [sandiego.padres.mlb.com]

[sandiego.padres.mlb.com]

so is that the web site for the April 8th Amex presale?

Presale Information

American Express® Card Members
Starts: April 8 @ 10 a.m. local
Ends: April 12 @ 10 p.m. local

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 06:18 by rltsurf.

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 06:48

GAFF
KevinP1980

Thanks. This may confuse a lot of people who think Ticketmaster is handling it. Hopefully in our favor.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:15

tauk
This is a quote from the www.utsandiego.com website. I of course have no idea if this is just mere speculation???? It gives no real source for this "possibility" Just thought I'd point it out.

"Because the Stones' upcoming San Diego performance is their only announced West Coast concert on this tour, it is expected ticket demand will be even higher. It is unclear if the Stones will add any more shows at Petco Park if its May 24 concert sells out. But that's certainly a possibility, since the band's next scheduled date is not until May 30 in Columbus, Ohio."

Wow, this is an interesting rumor! Especially considering that people are booking flights and such. Anyone have any info to add?

It does seem strange that no show on the 27th and that Denver, Salt Lake and Seattle were all rumored. Maybe a 2nd San Diego show is in the cards????

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 21:26

Four of us will be driving down from Santa Barbara and would love to meet up with fellow "long-time-devoted" fans before the show...We are staying at the Marriott at the Marina...Gas Lamp District ??? or wherever is great.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2015 23:32

Lots of bars, pubs, taverns in area:

> Gaslamp

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:48

Hi. Could anyone please tell me, where should I go to first for the pre sale on the 8th? Should I go straight to the Padres website, or use the Get Tickets link on RS.com?

Date: April 2, 2015 01:39

stones2000
Hi. Could anyone please tell me, where should I go to first for the pre sale on the 8th? Should I go straight to the Padres website, or use the Get Tickets link on RS.com?

I will be bouncing back and forth between Padres site and RS.com. Perhaps RS.com will link each show to it's respective ticket seller, like they did with the $85 tix in 2013.

Date: April 2, 2015 02:00

GAFF
stones2000

I will be bouncing back and forth between Padres site and RS.com. Perhaps RS.com will link each show to it's respective ticket seller, like they did with the $85 tix in 2013.

Thank you. Yeah, that's what I'm figuring will happen. I bet the RS link will direct to the Padres ticketing closer to the pre sale time

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: April 2, 2015 02:20

All booked. Now we wait for the tickets...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 2, 2015 02:43

Sorry. Still confused. What about using Amex on 4/8???

Date: April 2, 2015 02:50

steffialicia

The Padres site shows AMEX pre-sale info for 4/8.

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 2, 2015 04:06

The Padres used tickets.com for the Taylor Swift show being held in Petco.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:11

GAFF
steffialicia

The Padres site shows AMEX pre-sale info for 4/8.

Thanks!

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 06:45

So I became a Stones fan when I was 10 years old in 1975. In '78, I had a chance to see them at the Capitol Theater in Passaic NJ but my parents decided that wasn't ok for a 13 year old!

My son was born in 93 and , as long as I can remember, has loved the Stones with me. In '06, when he was 13, I took him to his first show and took great pleasure in telling my folks that their 13 year old son was going to a Rolling Stones concert w his father.

My son is now 21 and graduates from college in San Diego on May 24, the same day that the tour opens in the same town.

How could there be a better day than watching your son graduate from college and then going to see the Rolling Stones together that night?

Date: April 2, 2015 07:04

I sent an email to Padres web site and a real nice person called me to say yes the sandiego.padres.mlb.com site will eventually have a go link for the pre sale

The link will take us where we need to go to get presale tickets

Date: April 2, 2015 07:10

CMH516
So I became a Stones fan when I was 10 years old in 1975. In '78, I had a chance to see them at the Capitol Theater in Passaic NJ but my parents decided that wasn't ok for a 13 year old!

My son was born in 93 and , as long as I can remember, has loved the Stones with me. In '06, when he was 13, I took him to his first show and took great pleasure in telling my folks that their 13 year old son was going to a Rolling Stones concert w his father.

My son is now 21 and graduates from college in San Diego on May 24, the same day that the tour opens in the same town.

How could there be a better day than watching your son graduate from college and then going to see the Rolling Stones together that night?

My brother was 14 in 1972 and saw them while I was 17 in college in a final exam of all things - then in 1975 we both went- I was 20. We had 10 th row seats at the from the vault 1975 LA forum show now on DVD - my brother lives in Guam and he is coming back to see the San diego show with me - our 40th anniversary of that 1975 show. I'm 60 now and this will be my 18th stones concert

Oh I started as a stones fan in 1965 at age 10 to all the early hits

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 07:11 by rltsurf.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 2, 2015 07:59

Hotel is booked! I'll be staying at the Marriott on Coronado Island if anyone is looking to party. smileys with beer

Date: April 2, 2015 08:43

rltsurf
I sent an email to Padres web site and a real nice person called me to say yes the sandiego.padres.mlb.com site will eventually have a go link for the pre sale

The link will take us where we need to go to get presale tickets

Thank you!

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:10

CMH516

Nothing can beat that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 09:11 by likecats.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:15

MisterDDDD
Thanks very much Gfmsoccer...
What kind of neighborhood/area is Petco Park in??
Nearby restaurants/bars etc?? Walking distance to same??

San Diego rocks! The Gaslamp Quarter, as it's called, has everything you need w/ in walking distance. However, if you're staying for several days, I suggest you get a car to explore. IMO, if you don't like it, you need your head checked.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 2, 2015 18:13

A great little city (if you are from L.A. it's considered little) with near perfect weather. I lived there for 2 years during my junior and senior years of college (SDSU) and would consider moving there (or maybe Carlsbad or Del Mar area) when I retire.

My family use to vacation there almost every year.....Vacation Village, RIP.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 2, 2015 19:59

Anyone know about the qualifications and code for Pandora presage? Do you have to be a paid subscriber?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:07

sarahunwin
Anyone know about the qualifications and code for Pandora presage? Do you have to be a paid subscriber?

I've asked this twice and yet to receive a response

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:12

Plane ticket and hotel booked. Now I'm waiting for the concert ticket. smileys with beer

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:25

Cristiano Radtke
Plane ticket and hotel booked. Now I'm waiting for the concert ticket. smileys with beer

Same here, Booked for the whole weekend.Going to stay near the beach in La Jolla Friday and Saturday. Then stay in the Gaslamp Quarter on Sunday for the show. Going big for tickets, not accepting nosebleeds.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 3, 2015 16:25

Anyone know how to track down a seating plan for San Diego with the sections up front marked? I also need to know how the seats are numbered

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home