Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:52

J22-Thanks. Appreciate it

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:53

likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

as I've mentioned before, all the Pre-Sales are only about 10 - 20% of the tickets. It's a sampling of all sections. So obviously sells out fast. They hold back about 10% of the tickets for special promos, and then sell about 75% of the seats in the General Sale. It's a common formula.

The Pre-Sales are dominated by us crazies who'll pay any price, and all the ticket brokers, who immediately post those tickets on websites at huge markups.

If you wait until the General Sale, you'll be fine. Open a few browser windows at 10am and one will open up with ticket options at regular price. My friend always buys 2 sets of tickets, and resells the 2nd set at a huge markup, which pays for the first set. He sees the Stones for free!

Your friend is a scalper scumbag.

If people will pay it, I don't see what the problem is. This also has much potential to backfire.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:54

Keep this in mind....it looks like the Zip Code pre-sale is on the Padres site, tickets.com and the AEG pre-sale is on AXS.com

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:55

j22surf
5/17 is four days after the general sale starts

???

Pardon if I'm misunderstanding your post, but after what general sale starts?
Stones general sale starts 4/13.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 06:10 by likecats.

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 10, 2015 04:50

I immediately distrust anyone who uses the phrase "reach out"

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 10, 2015 05:27

Hairball
j22surf

???

When tickets go on sale to everyone else after all the presales are over.

From Padres.com "Tickets and VIP packages for the Petco Park tour stop will go on sale to the general public on Monday, April 13th at 10am PT."

Date: April 10, 2015 05:32

j22surf
Hairball
j22surf

???

When tickets go on sale to everyone else after all the presales are over.

From Padres.com "Tickets and VIP packages for the Petco Park tour stop will go on sale to the general public on Monday, April 13th at 10am PT."

Sorry, just realized I said 5/17 instead of 4/17. I was in the middle of making travel plans for May.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 06:59

a bigger nut
what is the code for "ZIP CODE 92101" presale?

It is "Licks".

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:07

kate2
Please let me know what they say..maybe you should call someone, not Ismena. It looks like May 17 for avail. I do not want them mailed. I need to will call. PLs ask that and I will try calling someone else. Can I call you tomorrow on the number you left or email you? thank you, Kate2

We spoke with our contact at the Padres today, as we were considering another option, and we were told that they are starting to process our orders now. I think things were tied up with the home opener today. Hang in there, I know it is frustrating.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 11:28

Dan
likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

as I've mentioned before, all the Pre-Sales are only about 10 - 20% of the tickets. It's a sampling of all sections. So obviously sells out fast. They hold back about 10% of the tickets for special promos, and then sell about 75% of the seats in the General Sale. It's a common formula.

The Pre-Sales are dominated by us crazies who'll pay any price, and all the ticket brokers, who immediately post those tickets on websites at huge markups.

If you wait until the General Sale, you'll be fine. Open a few browser windows at 10am and one will open up with ticket options at regular price. My friend always buys 2 sets of tickets, and resells the 2nd set at a huge markup, which pays for the first set. He sees the Stones for free!

If people will pay it, I don't see what the problem is. This also has much potential to backfire.

That's funny. He's actually Doctor Scumbag! A good supply & demand capitalist. He made the effort to buy the tickets that others didn't. So he has a right to sell them for whatever he can get. Nobody has to pay crazy prices. You can make the effort to get face value, like we all did, or you can wait to show day, and buy surplus tickets that get marked down at the last minute.

Remember the old days when you couldn't get any tickets to a "sold-out" show, and then you saw empty seats on the local news that night? This is much better.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 12:44

Gfmsoccer
Dan
likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

That's funny. He's actually Doctor Scumbag! A good supply & demand capitalist. He made the effort to buy the tickets that others didn't. So he has a right to sell them for whatever he can get. Nobody has to pay crazy prices. You can make the effort to get face value, like we all did, or you can wait to show day, and buy surplus tickets that get marked down at the last minute.

Remember the old days when you couldn't get any tickets to a "sold-out" show, and then you saw empty seats on the local news that night? This is much better.
That is bullshit...Tickets on fan sites are usually sold by fans to fans at face value...

Posted by: drorcolargol ()
Date: April 10, 2015 15:09

Hello friends
I bought a ticket to the A12 and I want to try to find a better one.
What is my chance to sell it ?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:22

Is the San Diego presale MIDNIGHT or LICKS for today? Rolling Stones Facebook page says Midnight but doesn't specify locations

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:24

sarahunwin
Is the San Diego presale MIDNIGHT or LICKS for today? Rolling Stones Facebook page says Midnight but doesn't specify locations

Sticky....per email from AEG

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:25

Gfmsoccer
Dan
likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

He's probably exaggerating a bit. If he is like most of the individuals who try to scalp tickets, he probably has a pretty hard time "going free", and he's probably lost money many times - ask him. But like folks who invest in stocks, they tend to talk about the times they have done well. I've been to 500-600 live shows all over the world - from experience there are simply too many seats at Stones stadium shows and too many people selling to make double on any Stones show unless either you like cheap seats or (and this is a huge "unless") you manage to get within the first 10 rows from the stage. Simple math = a decent ticket is $400. To "go free" you need get $800 from the ticket, but with markups and fees you need to find a buyer willing to pay 130% more than what you paid, so you would have to sell your $400 ticket for $1050. That's very difficult (again unless you happen to get within the first 10 rows or so without paying "premium" prices to begin with).

There is the occasional "hot show" where demand for tickets simply outstrips supply, but those are arena shows (Las Vegas in 2006, the second O2 show in 2012 come to mind). I've never seen that happen with stadiums. The stones' face price is too high and there are too many people with the same idea. Check Stubhub for any Stones Show - there are probably already thousands of tickets available even though the general onsale has not yet started.

Date: April 10, 2015 18:27

Tx Blitz dude

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:08

Plus, scalpers now have the groups themselves "scalping" (i.e. all of the Premium/VIP tickets) to compete with. Somewhere on this site I read that over half of all Stubhub listings go for face value or less...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:24

drbryant
Gfmsoccer
Dan
likecats
Gfmsoccer
Hi,

He's probably exaggerating a bit. If he is like most of the individuals who try to scalp tickets, he probably has a pretty hard time "going free", and he's probably lost money many times - ask him. But like folks who invest in stocks, they tend to talk about the times they have done well. I've been to 500-600 live shows all over the world - from experience there are simply too many seats at Stones stadium shows and too many people selling to make double on any Stones show unless either you like cheap seats or (and this is a huge "unless") you manage to get within the first 10 rows from the stage. Simple math = a decent ticket is $400. To "go free" you need get $800 from the ticket, but with markups and fees you need to find a buyer willing to pay 130% more than what you paid, so you would have to sell your $400 ticket for $1050. That's very difficult (again unless you happen to get within the first 10 rows or so without paying "premium" prices to begin with).

There is the occasional "hot show" where demand for tickets simply outstrips supply, but those are arena shows (Las Vegas in 2006, the second O2 show in 2012 come to mind). I've never seen that happen with stadiums. The stones' face price is too high and there are too many people with the same idea. Check Stubhub for any Stones Show - there are probably already thousands of tickets available even though the general onsale has not yet started.

I agree with you that for the Stones, it's just too risky to purchase to resell. I have only bothered to do it 2 times, where I knew it would pay off well. The first was for the Vredenburg in Utrecht where I bought a $100 RS.com membership and was able to buy the pair of tickets. I sold my extra for $1,350 which paid for my costs and my airline ticket form Los Angeles to Amsterdam. The second was for the Newark 2012 Pay per view show, where I bought a pair and 2 singles of the $150 tickets and sold the 2 singles on the day of the first presale for $500 each. I knew I had to sell those quickly to get good money. That covered the cost of my pair and some of the cost of the airline tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 19:25 by Halup.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:43

j22surf
steffialicia
j22surf
And now there are 2,276 tickets available on their resale site!!! (https://www.superstartickets.com/The-Rolling-Stones-2527211)

I guess the only good news is their prices have come down with added availability but I know what I would like to do to those that sell their tickets to these sites. No wonder the average fan feels screwed!

And......still no response from the Padres on the 'Start Me Up' Experience package and no charge on the credit card yet.

I think I'm going to e-mail them tomorrow...I am also waiting on the Start Me Up package without having anything concrete. I've got my air booked and it's just not feeling right. If they've got the time to release all these other tix, what is the problem????

I know things have been crazy with the Stones sale and the Padres home opener tonight but 5/17 is four days after the general sale starts. I think we have to assume (and pray!) they have saved P1 seats for those who submitted their orders in time.

I just spoke to their ticket office 619-795-5000 and was told all VIP packages are sold out, that they are compiling the info and will reach out to us "very soon" but no firm date. I will try calling again in the morning and post their response if anything changes.

Just got off the phone with the ticket office. I was put on hold while they checked with the premium/VIP people. They came back to say these orders will not be processed until early next week because they have been too busy with the opening of the season and last nights home opener (which the Padres lost 1-0 in the 12th unfortunately). Still having faith but happy I bought a couple $175 seats as backup. If I don't need them I will sell them here at face value.

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:59

"Welcome to the Virtual Waiting Room"

Here we go again....AGAIN smiling smiley

Posted by: drorcolargol ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:11

a12 again sad smiley

Date: April 10, 2015 20:14

Another presale joke! Not one good ticket came up!!

Posted by: Raddle ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:15

I got into the "Choose your ticket" page right after 10:00. No luck yet getting an offer for a pair of $395 tickets. My fingers are getting tired resubmitting my request!

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:17

I just did the Padre season ticket holder presale code. Absolute crap. I pulled the same tickets in the last row on the field for the third straight day. Other than that, there were "obstructed" seats in the lower level for $175.00. And then suddenly, nothing...

This has been a repeat three days in a row with every presale-- at least for me here in San Diego

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:18

Presale code LICKS section 123 came up for $175, with code MIDNIGHT the band gave, it works here, section 114 came up for $175

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:20

Best so far is 1 in A9, row 7. Pass.

No $395 tix available.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:22

All the different presale passwords (sticky, midnight). Did they have different tickets?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:22

Ummm...1 in A10 ,row 9 - $442.00. Pass

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:24

Had A10 row 9 and didnt do the form in time. Dammit!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home