Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:00

argentina92
what about the stage ?

is it a new stage ? or the same at 14 on fire ?

The reports are (someplace here on IORR) that they are building BIGGER HUGER MONSTER STADIUM SIZED STAGE(s) for these 15 shoes..

and as I type that... I think... build a stage for only 15 shows?

I bet they will use it again when they head back to South America, and abck to River Plate Stadium in Argentina, home of some of the best rock and roll fans on the planet, for the South America tour 2015/2106.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:15

virgil
I will just keep posting this until some people listen.

Aug 2005 they played 2 nights at Fenway pk Boston 40,000, 5 months later Jan 2006 played 2 Nights Boston garden 18,000, 8 months later Sept 2006 1 night Gillette stadium Foxboro 25 miles south of Boston. Maybe over exposer factored into this but the day of the Gillette show I paid face value $22.50 for my ticket. The price had been lowered from what was origanally a $99.00 seat because of slow sales.

They lowered plenty of seat price's two - three weeks before many of the all arena shows in 2013.

All Stadiums plenty of tickets will be floating around. They are trying to create thier own market with these bullshit presales and then in the general sale they will release them in dribbs and drabbs .

Keep checking the RS. com Some of the Lucky Dips will show as we move forward.

Patience is key as drbryant once wrote

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:24

Not that I would know, but I do think they will add a second "western"leg to the tour, then head down south. (can't remember a U.S. tour without San Francisco?)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:38

Nate
I know that Ronnie has flown to the States today,it is too early for rehearsals so I wonder if they might be doing some work in the studio?

Nate thumbs up

Well, he won't be there for toooo long - he has to be back in London for his appearance at The Ambassadors on 29 April or else some of us will not be best pleased!

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:45

Hi all - newbie here.

Just an FYI for the MPLS show...AXS just dropped a bunch of $149/199 seats for the TCF show. I scored 4 for a friend, so if you got shut out keep checking.

It's revolting how all these presales and holding back tickets is solely to create artificial demand. Don't get me wrong..the Stones can obviously fill stadiums, but when basically ZERO tickets are available in anything other than $395 price points it just doesn't add up.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:00

desertblues68
LJM519
Really hoping for a couple shows at MSG to close out this tour. Not holding my breath, but who knows.

Anyone hear any rumors?
Me too that is much easier for me as well as there is the possibility of getting accommodation from my friend or one of his mates, plus more affordable flights from the UK>grinning smiley<

MSG is booked pretty solid with U2 in July. I like MSG too, but people need to stop obsessing/hoping about MSG. There is zero indication it's happening.

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:40

weinerdog
Hi all - newbie here.

Just an FYI for the MPLS show...AXS just dropped a bunch of $149/199 seats for the TCF show. I scored 4 for a friend, so if you got shut out keep checking.

It's revolting how all these presales and holding back tickets is solely to create artificial demand. Don't get me wrong..the Stones can obviously fill stadiums, but when basically ZERO tickets are available in anything other than $395 price points it just doesn't add up.

Row 6, upper level, side stage on Keef's side!

I think it's about as good as I could have hoped for at my price point ($149).

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:52

LetsWork
weinerdog
Hi all - newbie here.

Row 6, upper level, side stage on Keef's side!

I think it's about as good as I could have hoped for at my price point ($149).

Of course I may be wrong, but it appears you got a real good ex-silver vip and saved about $150 off the previous price. Just checked the silver vip ordering page. No doubt, that was a silver vip! GREAT job!!!

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:11

Just saw that there are more tkts released for Minnie show. Lower levels A, B, C and upper level A.

On a side note, does anyone know much about VIP tickets? I purchased Nashville Gold VIP just because I thought it was only way to get a decent seat, but now I'm wonering if the price is based more on the swag that comes with it instead of the actual seat location?

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: April 16, 2015 08:15

Do not worry about getting tickets.

In May 2013, I saw the Stones 3 times in California.

Los Angeles first show, Oakland, then San Jose.

For each concert, I bought my tickets the day of the show, officially, at the window.

In LA, I paid 250$ instead of 500$.

In Oakland and San Jose, I paid 150$ instead of 400$.

For each show, I had very decent seats, especially in LA and San Jose.

So do not worry about getting seats for stadium shows, even in the best categories.

I will be this summer in Minneapolis, Arlington and Nashville. I will buy my tickets on the spot. I do not worry, I come from France and I know I will get tickets.

I have been to 70 Stones concerts. The only concerts which were really sold out were the Olympia 1995 and 2003 as well as the Trabendo club in Paris in October 2013.

Even for the Madison Square Garden in January 2003 (the show with Hubert Sumlin) I bought my ticket just before the show at 4 PM and at face value.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 16, 2015 08:24

"MidnightGambler: I totally agree that there will be tons of tickets before the show. However not everybody likes to take the risk and run around for tickets before the show. And I also agree with you that most of the time prices drop about 2 hours before the show and people can get in. But even now the ticket prices for expensive seats already drop on the secondary markets. So if you watch out carefully you might have a good deal before the day of the show.
Happy Travels.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 16, 2015 09:43

Ok, here's how the drops are going to play out using Columbus as an example for all of the soft selling shows....

Wed Apr 15, sapphires (rows 15-25) were being offered in row 20. Around noon, rows 24 & 25 became general tickets at $424. As the next few days pass, we should see them squeeze together, i.e., sapphires in maybe row 22 offered, general tickets in row 23. At some point, they will meet. When this happens, the back of the emeralds (row 14) will drop to $424 general. Once the emeralds and re-allocated generals from emeralds meet, we should shortly thereafter see unsold diamonds re-allocated to general $424. Once they meet, .... platinums (if any are left).

Just guesssing, of course... but looks likely that this is how they'll do it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 16, 2015 10:40

drbryant
For those who missed out in the general sale, one good way to get an idea of how easy it will be to get reasonably priced tickets as the show date approaches is to monitor how well tickets are selling on Stubhub. Usually, most of the tickets that will be put up for sale are listed by the end of the day following the start of the General Sale. So, as of 12 midnight Pacific time last night, the numbers for a few select cities were:

San Diego: 3756
Minneapolis: 2750
Dallas: 7095
Milwaukee: 3303
Kansas City: 3940
Buffalo: 4200

To be honest, except for Dallas, those totals are a bit lower than I would have expected. Check the totals from time to time to see how well a show is selling on the secondary market - if the number is not decreasing at all, then you might be able to snag good seats at a better price later on. Not foolproof, but a good guide.

A public service announcement. Updated numbers 24 hours later:

San Diego: 3471 (-285)
Minneapolis: 2705 (-45)
Dallas: 6891 (-204)
Milwaukee: 3254 (-49)
Kansas City: 3955 (+15)
Buffalo: 4322 (+122)

Keep in mind that new totals would include new tickets listed, and subtract tickets sold.

My take is that if I were a buyer, I wouldn't be too concerned about waiting a while. Usually, the week or so after the general onsale is the period where secondary market activity (and prices) are the highest. As you can see, the number of available tickets have actually increased in KC and Buffalo, indicating not much interest in those markets. The only show I would be worried about would be San Diego. A decrease of 285 tickets (7.5% of the available tickets) over a 24 hour period is pretty significant. If they announce another show, that situation changes overnight, of course. Doesn't rule out price drops - are VIP packages still available in San Diego, or have they sold out as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 10:44 by drbryant.

Is there a B stage for this tour?
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 15, 2015 15:44

Looking at the seating charts not sure if the end of the ramp can hold 4? Wishful thinking on my part!!

Re: Is there a B stage for this tour?
Date: April 15, 2015 15:52

No, only a catwalk.

Date: April 15, 2015 16:32

Thanks Dandy….

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 15, 2015 16:57

@Maindefender that was my hope as well. The stage is exactly the same layout as in Europe. That being said, my only real hope is that Keith and Mick would go down to the circle at the end and do You Gotta Move or Prodigal Son. Don't hold your breath. I doubt they'll do anything risky this go round.

Date: April 15, 2015 17:01

flacnvinyl
@Maindefender that was my hope as well. The stage is exactly the same layout as in Europe. That being said, my only real hope is that Keith and Mick would go down to the circle at the end and do You Gotta Move or Prodigal Son. Don't hold your breath. I doubt they'll do anything risky this go round.

The turn on the monitors really loud, though, when the band members use the catwalk. It is a cool experience, albeit not the same as the B-stage.

Date: April 15, 2015 17:42

flacnvinyl

You Gotta Move would be beyond special for me…..

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 15, 2015 18:33

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 16, 2015 11:41

drbryant

My take is that if I were a buyer, I wouldn't be too concerned about waiting a while. Usually, the week or so after the general onsale is the period where secondary market activity (and prices) are the highest. As you can see, the number of available tickets have actually increased in KC and Buffalo, indicating not much interest in those markets. The only show I would be worried about would be San Diego. A decrease of 285 tickets (7.5% of the available tickets) over a 24 hour period is pretty significant. If they announce another show, that situation changes overnight, of course. Doesn't rule out price drops - are VIP packages still available in San Diego, or have they sold out as well?

VIPs are sold out in San Diego. Platinums are still available.

syrel

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 16, 2015 15:13

Nate
I know that Ronnie has flown to the States today,it is too early for rehearsals so I wonder if they might be doing some work in the studio?

Nate thumbs up

How do you know this, Nate...
Jeroen

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: April 16, 2015 15:53

I have 3 Reallllly good sets for Columbus that I will let go of for face value. My brothers decided they would rather do Indy. I have two in section b row 33 and two in section b row 16. I also have two in section 22a row 16. I will only sell the section b row 16's for face if you also buy the section 22a's. If not, I'm gonna wait it out, and see if I can sell the sec b row 16s to friends since they are amazing seats.
Thanks

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:05

MidnightGambler
Do not worry about getting tickets.

In May 2013, I saw the Stones 3 times in California.

. . . .

Even for the Madison Square Garden in January 2003 (the show with Hubert Sumlin) I bought my ticket just before the show at 4 PM and at face value.

This has been my experience as well. I have gotten tickets to every show I tried for, and this is for arena shows when the Stones were much more in demand, including MSG and other 2003 east coast shows (prices were not reduced in those cases). There will be box office tickets at eevery show if you are willing to wait, most likely at steep discounts.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 18:25

Snoopy
Just saw that there are more tkts released for Minnie show. Lower levels A, B, C and upper level A.

On a side note, does anyone know much about VIP tickets? I purchased Nashville Gold VIP just because I thought it was only way to get a decent seat, but now I'm wonering if the price is based more on the swag that comes with it instead of the actual seat location?

Most of these shows will get "flexed" there appears to be a lot of tickets

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 16, 2015 18:56

Grison
"MidnightGambler: I totally agree that there will be tons of tickets before the show. However not everybody likes to take the risk and run around for tickets before the show. And I also agree with you that most of the time prices drop about 2 hours before the show and people can get in. But even now the ticket prices for expensive seats already drop on the secondary markets. So if you watch out carefully you might have a good deal before the day of the show.
Happy Travels.

Hey Grison! How are you? I trust you will be doing a tour again this year? I'm only in Minnesota.

I can recall a few situations where demand far outstripped supply, though. MGM Grand Arena in March 2006 was crazy; I ended up not being able to go, put my tickets on Ebay four days before the show and it was like a feeding frenzy. I just wanted my money back and was stunned when I made an unintended $2000 profit! At the second 2012 London show and the pay per view show in 2012 in Newark were both definitely sold out - there were large groups of fans who couldn't get in and ended up hanging out outside the arena. But stadiums in the US, where they are trying to get between $400 and $1000 for tickets 25 rows from the stage? There will be lots of tickets at most venues (again, maybe Petco Park will be an exception).

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 16, 2015 20:29

Stones726
Snoopy

Most of these shows will get "flexed" there appears to be a lot of tickets

I agree completely. It is amazing to me that the furthest regions of many stadiums are the $188 tickets. All of the normal good seats are $350. Very few seats available at $188 and below.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 16, 2015 20:48

corriecas
Nate

Nate thumbs up

How do you know this, Nate...
Jeroen

Ronnie has just bought a house very near me and he's been in my mums antique shop a couple of times to buy some stuff for his new place,he was in the shop this weekend just gone and he told one of the staff that he was off to the states on Wednesday.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 23:16

Leonioid
argentina92
what about the stage ?

is it a new stage ? or the same at 14 on fire ?

The reports are (someplace here on IORR) that they are building BIGGER HUGER MONSTER STADIUM SIZED STAGE(s) for these 15 shoes..

and as I type that... I think... build a stage for only 15 shows?

I bet they will use it again when they head back to South America, and abck to River Plate Stadium in Argentina, home of some of the best rock and roll fans on the planet, for the South America tour 2015/2106.

Thank you Leonioid ! .. I live near from river plate stadium. I wish they play here!

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 16, 2015 23:19

I have section 209 in Minneapolis. I hope the seats give a full view of the stage, but I wonder if I will get some cut off.

If that's the case, does anyone have luck complaining to a staffer and asking politely for an upgrade?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home