Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:08

Gfmsoccer
Lucky Dips are listed as Sold Out for:
San Diego
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Milwaukee
Raleigh
Detroit
Others should still have some left. I would grab them if you
are on a budget, don't care where you sit and have no plans
to re-sell, as you cant with those.

It's great they offered these, but kind of sketchy they didn't announce
they'd be coming. I wonder what surprises are next?

Atlanta is no longer bringing tickets up right now. Glad I committed to getting two this morning.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 22:18 by tonyc.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:30

Just got a pair of Lucky Dips in Columbus, only had to hit refresh twice on Google Chrome/iPad (TM has some real browser incompatibility issues from the playing I have done with the presales). Unexpected bonus show aside from my hometown in Buffalo! Beyond excited! Go snag a pair before they're gone.

Posted by: jjswift ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:36

Does anyone know if the J section for the Nashville concert would be good tickets? Need some advice from those who know. thanks

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:04

jjswift
Does anyone know if the J section for the Nashville concert would be good tickets? Need some advice from those who know. thanks
Yes, J section is right in the middle of the floor, so you'll be fine.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:57

virgil
I will just keep posting this until some people listen.

Aug 2005 they played 2 nights at Fenway pk Boston 40,000, 5 months later Jan 2006 played 2 Nights Boston garden 18,000, 8 months later Sept 2006 1 night Gillette stadium Foxboro 25 miles south of Boston. Maybe over exposer factored into this but the day of the Gillette show I paid face value $22.50 for my ticket. The price had been lowered from what was origanally a $99.00 seat because of slow sales.

They lowered plenty of seat price's two - three weeks before many of the all arena shows in 2013.

All Stadiums plenty of tickets will be floating around. They are trying to create thier own market with these bullshit presales and then in the general sale they will release them in dribbs and drabbs .

Patience is key as drbryant once wrote

Patience is important, but be reasonable. There are some markets that will be tougher. San Diego obviously, where there is one show for the entire Western part of the United States, and Dallas (and both weekend shows in wealthy markets). The other venue that would worry me would be Milwaukee, simply because of the small size of the venue. Watch the "tickets available number" on Stubhub. If it holds fairly steady then supply is exceeding demand. But, if it starts dropping precipitously, it indicates that tickets might be hard to come by.

Posted by: KHomer ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:00

I got some awesome seats for the Orlando show: Section 108, Row F, Seats 7-8 (6th row in the best section of the lower bowl). These were obviously the $425 tickets and I would've rather gotten some good $190 tickets but they weren't available. Anyone get good $190 tickets and want to trade and obviously pay the difference in face values? Let me know.

Posted by: jjswift ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:00

Thank you for the reply. This will be our first Stones concert and we are very excited. Got the tickets this morning was wondering if J section was a mistake, but the way we are looking at it is AT LEAST WE WILL BE THERE!! Any advice concerning the concert is greatly appreciated. This is our anniversary gift to each other (35 yrs.) and it has been a lifelong dream of ours to see the Stones in concert.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:25

Stones tickets in Milwaukee sell out in 7 minutes today.

[www.jsonline.com]

Posted by: StollingRones ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:42

To those that have been before - is it better to go to two shows in the cheap seats, or go one time on the floor? I've got Section B, 32, 1/2 which appear to be pretty good location in Raleigh, but they cost me 380 each.

Is it better to Lucky Dip it twice? Or should I stay where I'm at?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:48

StollingRones
To those that have been before - is it better to go to two shows in the cheap seats, or go one time on the floor? I've got Section B, 32, 1/2 which appear to be pretty good location in Raleigh, but they cost me 380 each.

One time in a better seat in my opinion. One thing for sure, once you've made your purchase, don't second guess yourself. Just enjoy the show.

Posted by: StollingRones ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:50

drbryant
StollingRones

One time in a better seat in my opinion. One thing for sure, once you've made your purchase, don't second guess yourself. Just enjoy the show.

Thanks!

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:28

StollingRones You got great seats in Raleigh , 32nd row . Stay where your at. Seats 1 and 2 put You on the Aisle. You will have a great stage AND walkway view line! Your on Keiths side of the stage fyi. Listen to drbryant , don't second guess your purchase , you scored well. I have seen them twice in Carter Finley (89-94) I will be in section B row 10 on July 1st. Keep in touch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 01:28 by StonesHood.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:48

dougingb
Stones tickets in Milwaukee sell out in 7 minutes today.

[www.jsonline.com]

I do not care what that article says. I was still pulling up tickets in the general sale 2 hours after it started. I posted this info in the Milwaukee thread and Javadave used this info to snag his tickets.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:49

Man how the music business has changed for the Stones...

1971: Rolling Stones release new record with rumors of an American tour

2015: Rolling Stones announce American tour with rumors of a new record

peace

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:23

For San Diego, if you buy "platinum" tix, you can still get rows 4 to 7 in A4 and A6 for around $3,000 to $4,000 a piece. Fabulous.

Seconds ago, I actually pulled A4, first row for a shade under $5,000 for each ticket.

This is why I couldn't find any $395.00's for this show. It looks like many of them are being held back for packages and "platinum"tickets-- which are nothing than highly marked up tickets being sold by the promoter directly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 02:30 by StonesSoCal.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:35

Did ANYBODY for ANY show pull up ANY tickets in the 1st 10 rows of the center floor sections (generally secs C,D on the maps) OTHER than platinum or VIP???
In other words...roughly $400 in any of the pre-sales or the public sale???

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:41

Nope! They are all clearly slated for VIP packages or syphoned off by TM for its very own wonderful platinum offers, meaning that the regular list prices are more mythical than anything else when it comes to the rows at or nearest the front.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:14

Nothing for Buffalo from those sections. I've been trying all day online and by phone.

Just grabbed a $150 Sec 235 over the telephone.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:15

Nope. Best I saw offered Flr Sec B, Row 10 in Raleigh @ $350. And I couldn't believe I saw That. Nothing ever even came closer to Flr Sec C,D row 10. Most rows started in the 25's and 30's with nothing at all in C,D. Atlanta nothing also.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 03:20 by StonesHood.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:16

What Beast said. Even worse, many of the other "good sections" were held back as well. The biggest draw was anything below $350.

Just to put things in perspective, there are over 4,000 seats for sale JUST FOR NASHVILLE on Stubhub.

So for everyone trying to get "ok" seats, all of those are now being sold for double face value.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:21

Some of those seats still available thru the primary ticket sellers for the SD show at a price of around $3500-$4500 each. I was able to pull up 1st 10 rows repeatedly but only with the Platinum selection.

It seems like the primary sellers have just decided that they want in on the huge profits to be gleaned from these high demand tickets. So they ice the cake with a few baubles and cheap merch and create platinum and VIP packages and sell them for the same prices as the secondary marketers. Pretty scandalous really but not entirely unexpected.

I seriously doubt many (if any) general public fans were able to purchase these seats for list price. Love to hear a SINGLE story of someone who did and didn't decide to try to resell them themselves.

peace

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:26

flacnvinyl
What Beast said. Even worse, many of the other "good sections" were held back as well. The biggest draw was anything below $350.

Just to put things in perspective, there are over 4,000 seats for sale JUST FOR NASHVILLE on Stubhub.

So for everyone trying to get "ok" seats, all of those are now being sold for double face value.

I wonder what they'll be selling for the day before the show...

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:32

I tend to be a glass half full person... and look for the opportunity,
so I will say again, if you can still get them, I think the GA GOLD VIP
for Indy is the best bargain for those willing to pay up, but do not
want spend the stupid $2000 per ticket.

At Indy it looks like that GA GOLD VIP gets you the kind of very up
close view you would have in a theater or bar, except you will have
50,000 people behind you.

I cant afford the $425, but if I could, I would buy it now.

PS
As of right now the $427.00 are still available, had to poke it twice though

Sec VIP7 Row --, Seats --
$427.00 ea

TICKET TYPE
Ticket Type VIP General Admission Ticket
VIP General Admission Ticket
PRICE & SECTION
PRICE & SECTION US $427.00, VIP General Admission
US $427.00, VIP General Ad …

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 03:45 by Leonioid.

Date: April 14, 2015 03:50

Out of curiosity looking at
23 June Milwaukee, WI Summerfest

There seems to be planty of great seats still available but what is there has been held back to be scalped by Ticketbastard themelves for $1500-$3500 each. They can call it whatever pretty gem name they want package, but it is just good old fashioned ticket scalping, plus they charge a service fee on top of the scalped price.

Looking for normal people tickets-
Sorry, no tickets match your search.
Try changing ticket type.
Best Available from Venue

THEN OFFERED>>>>>
Official Platinum Seats 18 listings
Clicking ^ that...

This comes up-
18 Official Platinum Seats Listings Available | Show All (1 - 15) next »
Section Row Seats Qty
Price/Ticket

1 F 13 - 14 2 US $2,919.91
1 G 11 - 12 2 US $2,834.68
3 H 13 - 14 2 US $2,739.71
3 G 15 - 16 2 US $2,681.37
1 J 8 - 10 3 US $2,673.96
3 K 13 - 14 2 US $2,583.84
2 Q 15 - 16 2 US $2,296.48
2 Q 13 - 14 2 US $2,296.48
2 T 53 - 54 2 US $2,101.67
2 Q 9 - 10 2 US $1,997.95
5 B 11 - 12 2 US $1,696.28
6 D 35 - 36 2 US $1,637.00
6 D 33 - 34 2 US $1,637.00
6 J 26 - 28 3 US $1,411.21
16 A 5 - 6 2 US $1,011.08

Sigh,
another reason being really really rich is better than being not rich at all,
plus you know, the whol beef prices sky rocketing thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 03:59 by Leonioid.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:02

StollingRones

Seeing as how this is your first show and seeing as how your seats are pretty decent, then yeah, keep what you have. Seeing as how Raleigh is towards the back-end of the tour, there will only be four more opportunities to jack up your credit card in the event the boys put on an outstanding show. That's the good news. The bad news is that if they DO put on a great show, you will be hooked and need more shows and there will only be four more opportunities left. If this happens, then the odds of driving hundreds of miles (if not a thousand) to Buffalo and/or Quebec and sitting in crappy over-priced scalper seats are pretty high. Not cool. Knowing all of this, I would advise you do as many shows as logistically possible, credit card be damned! Get a couple of lucky dips. Keep jabbing away at the online sales and who knows, maybe even better seats will pop up for other shows AT FACE. DO ALL THAT YOU CAN! This should not even be a question! I know scores of individuals (even casual fans) who intended to see the Stones just once - that "once in a lifetime experience" - but have returned for multiple shows, tour after tour.

This is NOT conjecture, or an ill-fated attempt at humor. It is fact!

The flip side of the coin is that ** IF ** this tour is a stinker then you saved a lot of money by just doing Raleigh. It's rare, but it has happened.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:09

josepi
who intended to see the Stones just once - that "once in a lifetime experience" - but have returned for multiple shows, tour after tour.

This is NOT conjecture, or an ill-fated attempt at humor. It is fact!
It is true... once they have you...

Its almost like they should give first timers their first ticket for free... cuz once they have you...

The Stones are not a "bucket list" item to be scratched off.. once they have you..

Heck, even the grumplestiltskins around here who complain about every thing from who is not invited to play to ticket prices to no-new-album keep paying to go to the live shows... cuz once they have you...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 04:21 by Leonioid.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:50

Leonioid

Its almost like they should give first timers their first ticket for free... cuz once they have you...

The Stones are not a "bucket list" item to be scratched off.. once they have you..

Heck, even the grumplestiltskins around here who complain about every thing from who is not invited to play to ticket prices to no-new-album keep paying to go to the live shows... cuz once they have you...

How true! Once they have you...

For me, it's also the search for the "holy grail" shows...Those rare performances where they kick it up a notch into the sublime. It's not always a MSG, or a Hollywood Bowl, or a theatre. I've seen 'em do it in E. Lansing '94, Pittsburgh '99, Akron '72, Chicago '78, Little Rock '06, even right here in Columbus '02. You never know when and where they will happen. You can't plan them or rehearse them. To me, the most "magic" moments in life are those "holy grail" shows, and the anticipation in the moments that precede ANY Stones concert.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 04:55 by josepi.

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:01

If your going to pay those prices you might as well go through The Rolling Stones.com website and get some perks to go with it. At least the band gets the money.

ZIP CODE TRAVEL PACKAGE
Two (2) Awesome Top Price Reserved Floor Tickets in the First Twenty-Five (25) Rows**
One (1) Night's Hotel Accommodations at the Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown*
Two (2) Limited Edition, Silkscreened Rolling Stones Tour Posters
Limited Edition, Silkscreened Tour Poster Designed Exclusively for The Rolling Stones Tour
Each Limited Edition, Silkscreened Tour Poster Contains Individual Tour Date, City and Venue
Two (2) Essential Rolling Stones Fan Packs:
Designed Exclusively for Rolling Stones Package Purchasers
Each Fan Pack Contains Exclusive Rolling Stones Themed Merchandise
Also Includes a Commemorative Rolling Stones Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard
Bonus – All Fan Packs Come With an Official Rolling Stones Tour Program or Photobook
Check-In Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Check-Out Date: Thursday, June 4, 2015
*Each Travel Package includes one (1) hotel room per package. You must be 21+ to purchase a travel package.
**Please note venue seating configurations can vary market-by-market

$2200.00 for 2

1 x The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Travel Package - Floor B, Row 17#, Seat 11
1 x The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Travel Package - Floor B, Row 17#, Seat 12

That's for our show here in Minneapolis.

I'm poor (cash wise) though, I have nose bleed tickets for mpls. I'm feeling very rich in tickets though because I'm fortunate and lucky enough to have gotten bleacher seats for Milwaukee. I got them during Fridays presale.

Still I miss the old days when ticket prices were only 5 times minimum hourly wage.The scalping business sucks but the fact that bands can't make money on albums anymore might contribute to the problem too. One person buys the album and everyone they know gets to rip it to their mp3 player for free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 05:06 by Barbs.

Posted by: jrgiddyup ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:21

josepi
Did ANYBODY for ANY show pull up ANY tickets in the 1st 10 rows of the center floor sections (generally secs C,D on the maps) OTHER than platinum or VIP???
In other words...roughly $400 in any of the pre-sales or the public sale???

i was able to pull 2 tickets in section E, row 9 in the amex preferred presale for Arlington, TX.

tried every other presale and the general onsale today right when it started and continuously trying for tickets for the hour after the sales started. best seats i pulled during ANY of them was section B, row 30 today in the general onside.

thinking that lots of tickets were siphoned off for VIP/platinum, and the ones that weren't were scooped up in the first 30 seconds by scalper bots. it doesn't seem that hard for ticketmaster to come up with some kind of software that can prevent these bots being used by scalpers (the bots are sophisticated enough now to where they just bypass the "prove you're a human" screen--which ironically enough punishes the actual "regular" humans that are actually trying to buy tickets for themselves). also, ironically, the ticketmaster software penalizes regular joes for trying to get the best tickets by limiting the number of times you can request tickets from a particular IP address (which is silly because the scalpers are LONG GONE with their primo tickets in hand already that they purchased with their bots right off the bat).

oh well. i guess i'll keep my eyes peeled for future ticket drops since i have some friends that wanted to go to the show as well. if anyone sees any drops, they should post them in the respective threads for each venue?

good luck to everyone.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:37

Off Topic, but not important enough to start a new subject: Am I the youngest Stones fan here? I turn 15 next month. Some people I've talked to (not here) seem to think it's strange that a teenage boy would be so into the Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home