Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 12, 2015 23:09

drbryant
I remember in 1990 - I was 29 years old, just married and just started working and paying off school loans, and I went to see the Stones at Tokyo Dome eight times in two weeks - probably spent an entire month's take home pay to do it. Huge stadium; basically the same setlist every show. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I felt like I was in heaven.

You are a genius and you are doing right and you were/are in heaven. The best rule is "GET IT WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!" and you are following it, good for you.

It is nice to see some people on this board happy to be here and there anywhere, it helps offset the constant nay sayers du jour/month/year. They are always sure that the Stones sky is falling for one reason or another. Back in 2008 it was the band is kaput and will never tour again and people KNEW it!! After that it was Keith has broken hands and will never play live again and they KNEW it. Then it was blah blah blah and they KNEW it and now it is the groaning about whats-his-name not being in the band.

So I think it is great to have people like you Drbryant who are happpy with it all and rolling with the Stones and having fun, that is what it is really all about. I wish I had the money to do the top Dollars seats and I would spend it is a split second. As it is, I will try to get to 5-6 shows one way or another or as close to that many as I can. I truly appreciate the RollingStones coming back to the U.S and doing these areas secondary markets that got skipped on the previous U.S tour. Anyone who is a Stones fan (but short term mad at them for any perceieved issues) and skips seeing them at least once on this go round WILL regret it later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 23:20 by Leonioid.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 12, 2015 23:27

Just a little tip that may be helpful to fans who may go for the Lucky Dip tix that I'm sure are gonna be around for North America.

Keep yer eyes on rollingstones.com cos that's where they will be.

Can come on there anytime after Monday so keep looking.

I happened to come across it on rs.com for Europe gigs within about 20 minutes of it on there.

I spread the word on IORR, and my own LD tix, about same as 85 euro for Oslo and Zurich were great.

Give it a go if you fancy a gamble.

It may just pay off. >grinning smiley<

Date: April 12, 2015 23:42

crawdaddy
Just a little tip that may be helpful to fans who may go for the Lucky Dip tix that I'm sure are gonna be around for North America.

I happened to come across it on rs.com for Europe gigs within about 20 minutes of it on there.

I spread the word on IORR, and my own LD tix, about same as 85 euro for Oslo and Zurich were great.

I think that is great advice. I wonder, was the lucky dip only for posssible upfront GA pit tickets, or did lucky people ever get good seats if/when there was no pit? I wonder because it seems easier to allow 10-20 extra people in a GA pit without really affecting them selling tickets there, versus dealing with actual seats and it seems most venues on this tour have seats with no upfront GA pit, except for INDY, so I am wondering how it will all go. I guess we will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 23:46 by Leonioid.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 13, 2015 00:00

I got seat tix for Oslo and Zurich that were nearest seating blocks to stage.

Girl who had my LD spare tix in Oslo was waving to her husband, who was in the pit with his spare LD tix from another fan. How Lucky is that !

They could see each other ,and she was really happy with a seat.

You take yer chances and it might work out. smileys with beer

Date: April 13, 2015 00:12

crawdaddy
I got seat tix for Oslo and Zurich that were nearest seating blocks to stage.

Girl who had my LD spare tix in Oslo was waving to her husband, who was in the pit with his spare LD tix from another fan. How Lucky is that !

They could see each other ,and she was really happy with a seat.

You take yer chances and it might work out. smileys with beer
Looks like a plan to me thanks for the good info!

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: April 13, 2015 00:56

Leonioid
drbryant
I remember in 1990 - I was 29 years old, just married and just started working and paying off school loans, and I went to see the Stones at Tokyo Dome eight times in two weeks - probably spent an entire month's take home pay to do it. Huge stadium; basically the same setlist every show. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I felt like I was in heaven.

You are a genius and you are doing right and you were/are in heaven. The best rule is "GET IT WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!" and you are following it, good for you.

It is nice to see some people on this board happy to be here and there anywhere, it helps offset the constant nay sayers du jour/month/year. They are always sure that the Stones sky is falling for one reason or another. Back in 2008 it was the band is kaput and will never tour again and people KNEW it!! After that it was Keith has broken hands and will never play live again and they KNEW it. Then it was blah blah blah and they KNEW it and now it is the groaning about whats-his-name not being in the band.

So I think it is great to have people like you Drbryant who are happpy with it all and rolling with the Stones and having fun, that is what it is really all about. I wish I had the money to do the top Dollars seats and I would spend it is a split second. As it is, I will try to get to 5-6 shows one way or another or as close to that many as I can. I truly appreciate the RollingStones coming back to the U.S and doing these areas secondary markets that got skipped on the previous U.S tour. Anyone who is a Stones fan (but short term mad at them for any perceieved issues) and skips seeing them at least once on this go round WILL regret it later.

Leonioid, you are SO RIGHT. For those of us who have loved this band for our entire lives (for me, since I was 12 years old) we have a profound respect and appreciation for them and all they have done...and continue to do. Nothing lasts forever...the time to see them is now at whatever cost... (IMHO) So, to anyone who is "on-the-fence" about whether or not to spend a few extra dollars, .... GO FOR IT! ...because as the saying goes, "you mostly only regret the things in life that you DIDN'T do".

Date: April 13, 2015 01:06

Summergirl
Leonioid
drbryant

Leonioid, you are SO RIGHT. For those of us who have loved this band for our entire lives (for me, since I was 12 years old) we have a profound respect and appreciation for them and all they have done...and continue to do. Nothing lasts forever...the time to see them is now at whatever cost... (IMHO) So, to anyone who is "on-the-fence" about whether or not to spend a few extra dollars, .... GO FOR IT! ...because as the saying goes, "you mostly only regret the things in life that you DIDN'T do".
When I was younger I heard all the rules for living and sage sayings and I soaked them in, but also kind of laughed them off... but you know what? They are so true!

You are correct and it should be said again "you mostly only regret the things in life that you DIDN'T do". Have fun on this upcoming Rolling Stones tour Summergirl (btw- thats a great name) it is going to be a blast!!!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:22

drbryant
Harm
drbryant
I bought two in Minneapolis 5th Row center section through AXS "premiun" tickets. They were $950 each, and actually better than the seats being offered in the VIP packages, but no T shirt!

$950 each? It seems that the Stones are living on a different planet (well, actually we all new that) . There is more in life than the Rolling Stones fortunately

Don't get me wrong. That's a ridiculous amount of money for a rock concert, and I realize perfectly well that I am fortunate that I can afford it. But, even if I could only afford the worst seat in a stadium, I would probably try to be there.

I had to smile when I read the post that said that anyone who would pay $150 to see a show in a Stadium is an idiot. I remember in 1990 - I was 29 years old, just married and just started working and paying off school loans, and I went to see the Stones at Tokyo Dome eight times in two weeks - probably spent an entire month's take home pay to do it. Huge stadium; basically the same setlist every show. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I felt like I was in heaven.

That is the definition of heaven!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:38

RSbestbandever
treaclefingers
backstreetboy1
the stones can keep this tour...never thought i would say that...but the same old same old...no new album in 10 years...only 2 the past 18 years,they should be ashamed of themselves as viable artists.are they the greatest live band still,without a doubt,but that is besides the point,and anyone paying more than 150 dollars for a stadium show is an idiot!!!!

I'm sure no one on this board would be insulted by that observation/conclusion.

There are always going to be fans that think like that, he is just one more voicing his opinion and I have no problem at all with his observation/ conclusion. That being said, don't be surprised to see him sitting close to the front after paying a whole lot more then that $150 he mentioned. A lot of times the ones doing the loudest complaining are the first ones in line for the show, lol.

I get the feeling though he might save the money for an even better show, say the Back Street Boys, if they happen to be touring!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:46

The big difference for me this time, as even compared to the down under tour, is that all of this hunt through various presales, back doors, VIP packages, secondary sources, etc, has just lost it's adrenaline rush. That said , I have 4 shows scheduled, and as soon as I hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, and now..." all doubts and regrets will disappear. They always dowinking smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:16

Leonioid
drbryant

Post of the month, maybe the year. Thanks Leonioid for sharing it, thanks Drbryant as well for your well said post.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:25

crawdaddy

Very cool, but after my experience in Chicago 2 nights last go round, I'll never do those again. The vast majority of those seats were horrendous. Personally I wasn't hoping for the pit, just for mediocre seats somewhere in the venue. Instead, we got ok seats in the far upper deck, almost to the top, but to the side so the sound was good. 2nd night, landed as far away as you can imagine. Most people I know did not land good seats. Kurt (who posts here) being the exception as he landed pit seats. It was my wife's first and second time seeing them, and the experience was far less joyful to her because of it. I couldn't justify the $1300 it would have cost for 'decent' seats. Offensive pricing to the max last go round.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:25

drbryant
tatters
drbryant

The shows may ultimately sell out, but there will be a ton of tickets on the secondary market that will be heavily discounted in most cities. MAYBE San Diego and Dallas will be exceptions, but I doubt it. Patience is key.

It's in their contract that they don't play to empty seats. The Rolling Stones must appear to be the hottest ticket on earth, so .... the seats will be full .... but they may have to literally give the tickets away, by the thousands in some cities, if it comes to that. Not sure what the promoter does if there aren't enough takers for the freebies. I guess they just put in an order for several thousand .... mannequins?

I've worked on a small handful of tour contracts (including one Stones!) and that would be an unusual provision. In fact, I've seen the Stones in Stadiums that were 2/3 full, so it certainly wasn't the case, at least on the Bigger Bang Tour. That might be an "urban legend".

The last time they played the Pontiac Silverdome, which was in 1997, local classic rock station WCSX gave away a pair of Stones tickets every 10 minutes, day and night, around the clock, for a week and a half. That's 3,000 tickets, and they weren't the only station giving them away.

Date: April 13, 2015 03:31

flacnvinyl
crawdaddy

Very cool, but after my experience in Chicago 2 nights last go round, I'll never do those again. The vast majority of those seats were horrendous. Personally I wasn't hoping for the pit, just for mediocre seats somewhere in the venue. Instead, we got ok seats in the far upper deck, almost to the top, but to the side so the sound was good. 2nd night, landed as far away as you can imagine. Most people I know did not land good seats. Kurt (who posts here) being the exception as he landed pit seats. It was my wife's first and second time seeing them, and the experience was far less joyful to her because of it. I couldn't justify the $1300 it would have cost for 'decent' seats. Offensive pricing to the max last go round.

If it's a choice between going and not going, go for the Lucky Dips.

I had similar horrible seats near the top to the side and sort of behind the stage. They upgraded our row to the lower levels, 15 row on the left side, right beside the stage, eye level with the band.

Unbelievable view.

As long as you're not spending a king's ransom on the travel, may be worth the gamble.

PS, people picking up their tix in front of us got the pit.

wah...

Date: April 13, 2015 03:38

RSbestbandever
Leonioid
drbryant

Post of the month, maybe the year. Thanks Leonioid for sharing it, thanks Drbryant as well for your well said post.
Thank you very much for the compliment, I was just calling it like I see it.

From what I have seen, if someone can afford it and get to the show, I think the tour ticket to own is the normal VIP GOLD GA at Indy for $427. I mean normal VIP GOLD as in no package, no extra food no gift bag, just a hellagreat section to see the show. From that section it will be a like club show.

I have a feeling Indy will be a historic show at the Speedway and the the regular Gold GA cost $300, so for only another 100 bucks you get VIP GOLD. Take a look at the Indy show thread. I dont think I can swing this ticket, but if I could, I would. I will probably be back with the rest of the mob in the Silver section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 03:51 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 13, 2015 03:55

tatters
It's in their contract that they don't play to empty seats.

That is hilarious. Where on earth did you procure this bit of wisdom from? I've seen a couple Stones shows with empty seats, although these were understandably not in favorable sections. But, you are probably right about the business plan to fill the seats, it certainly makes sense from a PR standpoint to fill them even if you have to give them away but it seems very unlikely the Stones (or any artist) would be able to seriously put such a provision in their contract. The Stones are paid a very generous guarantee and there are obviously so many involved in the ticket selling process, I doubt it could ever be enforced.

Besides can you imagine the Stones looking out to say even 30% empty seats and saying "no, we won't play, you didn't fill the seats"? Or even knowing the seats didn't sell the day before the show, saying, "Ok ticketmast, AEG, Stub Hub et. al," we demand you give your tickets away or we won't play! The show must go on, regardless of empty seats.

I even suspect there will be a few this summer, hopefully all the people not going because of ticket prices will be able to get some of these free tickets.

peace

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:05

Naturalust

Besides can you imagine the Stones looking out to say even 30% empty seats and saying "no, we won't play, you didn't fill the seats"? Or even knowing the seats didn't sell the day before the show, saying, "Ok ticketmast, AEG, Stub Hub et. al, we demand you give your tickets away or we won't play!"

Yes, I can very easily imagine that. It'd never come to that, though, because if it ever did, they'd have people dragging in passersby off the street to fill the seats. "Hey, wanna see a free show?" Where do you think they find the studio audiences for all those TV game shows?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 13, 2015 04:43

tatters
Naturalust

Besides can you imagine the Stones looking out to say even 30% empty seats and saying "no, we won't play, you didn't fill the seats"? Or even knowing the seats didn't sell the day before the show, saying, "Ok ticketmast, AEG, Stub Hub et. al, we demand you give your tickets away or we won't play!"

Yes, I can very easily imagine that. It'd never come to that, though, because if it ever did, they'd have people dragging in passersby off the street to fill the seats. "Hey, wanna see a free show?" Where do you think they find the studio audiences for all those TV game shows?

Truly? Well I won't argue with your imagination. And if you've seen some of the neighborhoods where the venues are at, I'm not sure dragging people off the streets would be such a good idea or even that effective.

I always thought they got the audience for those game shows from the midwest and smalltown(s) USA tourists. No doubt they give tickets away but getting people off the street in Burbank and the studio section Hollywood doesn't seem too probable to me...I may be wrong I haven't watched a game show in 20+ years.

peace

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 13, 2015 06:07

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:29 by colonial.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 13, 2015 06:16

drbryant

Stones in the Tokyo Dome eight times in two weeks...if I lived to be 100 it would still be on my highlight reel of memories.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 13, 2015 06:37

kahoosier
The big difference for me this time, as even compared to the down under tour, is that all of this hunt through various presales, back doors, VIP packages, secondary sources, etc, has just lost it's adrenaline rush. That said , I have 4 shows scheduled, and as soon as I hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, and now..." all doubts and regrets will disappear. They always dowinking smiley

I'm sure anyone who goes to any of the shows will have a great time. I probably am out of luck for this year due to family medical/financial problems but if I at all can go I will.

I've experienced quite a good education the last few weeks from iorr postings: I sure know a lot more about the ticket buying process. Thanks to all who've answered my questions & raised my awareness of some of the tricks used by the promotion company ( I am NOT referring to The Stones per se.)

Quote from the Mick Jagger/James Fox 1968 filmed "Performance":

Anita P. character "Pherber" to James Fox's character "Chas" ;

"Never trust old men, old showmen, old w*ankers." winking smiley

OR PROMOTION COMPANIES!-Some things never change, right? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 07:06 by tauk.

Date: April 13, 2015 06:56

tauk
kahoosier

I'm sure anyone who goes to any of the shows will have a great time. I probably am out of luck for this year due to family medical/financial problems but if I at all can go I will.

I've experienced quite a good education the last few weeks from iorr postings: I sure know a lot more about the ticket buying process. Thanks to all who've answered my questions & raised my awareness of some of the tricks used by the promotion company

ME TOO !

My new favorite idea is the one above about how they are going to be pulling people off the street and paying them to be in the crowd so the venue doesnt look empty. PICK ME !! PICK ME!!!

Date: April 13, 2015 07:11

Leonioid- Perhaps we should stand in front of the venue with one of those doubled-sided big signs on our chest & backs that say something like that! If free doesn't quite work maybe have it say "Will Work For Good Seats" !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 07:15 by tauk.

Date: April 13, 2015 07:42

tauk
Leonioid- Perhaps we should stand in front of the venue with one of those doubled-sided big signs on our chest & backs that say something like that! If free doesn't quite work maybe have it say "Will Work For Good Seats" !
I like it!!!
"WILL CHEER, LOOK GREAT AND BE ENTHUSIASTIC FOR TICKETS!!"
pick us!! pick us!! Willing to contract out for mutliple shows.

Date: April 13, 2015 08:45

Leonioid
tauk
I like it!!!

LOL hey, no problem, I can cheer & be enthusiastic quite easily. The "Look Good" part- well...I guess that'd be in the eyes of the beholder...but I'd try my best!

Many pages ago there was a post by bv I think it was stating that there's usually always people out front of a venue the day before or day of the event trying to sell tickets and also that StubHub often rents out a hotel room nearby as a temp office to sell last minute tickets, which prompted me to quote:

"Have You Seen Your Ticket Seller, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?"

'Cos I wouldn't be afraid of shadows if I was on a mission for a good seat. I'm brave that way. smiling smiley

My biggest concern re. buying off the street would be how do you know if it's a legitimate, non-counterfeit ticket?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 10:12

Naturalust
tatters
It's in their contract that they don't play to empty seats.

I saw them in rome in 2007 with many empty seats.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 13, 2015 15:48

flacnvinyl

Sure Lucky Dips,at $85 are a crap shoot but considering the worst nose bleed seats for the recent U.S. arena tour were $150 it was worth the gamble if you at least wanted to get in the building. Even if you got nosebleeds with the Lucky Dips you ended up paying half price for the regular $150 nosebleeds.

That being said I got lower bowl seats for both of my Boston Lucky Dip tickets so I did get lucky but even if they had been nosebleeds, which a friend ended up with, I would have been happy just to see the Stones for less than $100.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 13, 2015 15:56

tauk
Leonioid
tauk
I like it!!!

LOL hey, no problem, I can cheer & be enthusiastic quite easily. The "Look Good" part- well...I guess that'd be in the eyes of the beholder...but I'd try my best!

Many pages ago there was a post by bv I think it was stating that there's usually always people out front of a venue the day before or day of the event trying to sell tickets and also that StubHub often rents out a hotel room nearby as a temp office to sell last minute tickets, which prompted me to quote:

"Have You Seen Your Ticket Seller, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?"

'Cos I wouldn't be afraid of shadows if I was on a mission for a good seat. I'm brave that way. smiling smiley

My biggest concern re. buying off the street would be how do you know if it's a legitimate, non-counterfeit ticket?

You ask the seller to go to the box office or gate with you to have the tickets scanned and if they refuse you don't buy from them. I have done this and it worked no problem. The other way is to find someone going in to the Stadium trying to sell an extra seat. If they are going in most likely they are not selling fake tickets.

From experience with recent Stones Stadium shows I think there will be plenty of people selling real tickets in the parking lots at or below face value before the show so there should no lack of opportunities to buy seats for these shows.

If you are nervous buying from strangers most likely they will have good seats available at the box office day of show. Of course you may have to pay face value but at least you know you will get real tickets.

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 16:12

I ended up with Pit seats for the first night in Chicago with the $85 tickets. Unreal experience, especially going in thinking I was going to be in the nosebleeds. Never left a concert speechless, being the third row of people from the stage.

Date: April 13, 2015 16:34

kevinbud62583
I ended up with Pit seats for the first night in Chicago with the $85 tickets. Unreal experience, especially going in thinking I was going to be in the nosebleeds. Never left a concert speechless, being the third row of people from the stage.

excellent, similar to my own experience, only WAY better!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home